PDA

View Full Version : Cro-Magnids: A Subrace of the Nordid Race?

Linden
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 01:29 AM
Are unaltered Cro-Magnid types (such as the Dalo-Falid and Brünn types) a subrace of the Nordid race? The reason I ask this is because a number of anthropologists, namely Biasutti, classed Cro-Magnids alongside Nordids, and noted similarities between Nordids and Cro-Magnids. I have noticed that types such as Alpinids and Baltids tend not to be compared to Nordids in the way Cro-Magnids are either.

Please look at this source:
http://dienekes.110mb.com/texts/biasutticaucasoid/

As you will see, the Brünn type is classed as a Nordid subrace. Thank you for your time. I personally believe if the Cro-Magnids and Nordids are two entirely different types, it's just a coincidence that they share certain characteristics such as large stature, skin pigmentation and limb size etc.

Waldstein
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 01:49 AM
The essential trias for any racial classification always is: Kephalic index, body height, pigmentation.

The Dalofaelids among the Cromagnids can be considered Nordeuropid, at the utmost "Nordoid", but in no case Nordid strictu sensu.

Nordids - together with Mediterranids - belong to the Aurignacid category. Aurignacids are leptodolichomorph: narrow face, long skull. You will find many threads/posts on this forum which will put that more scientifically than I just did.

(Unreduced) Cromagnids like Dalofaelids, Palaeatlantids and Berberids on the other hand are mostly eurydolichomorph: broad face, long skull.
The Borreby is a - partially - reduced, eurybrachymorph Cromagnoid type. Borrebys have in general a short, however high skull combined with a broader face.

(Dinarids, at least central European Dinarids, are mostly leptobrachymorph, whereas Alpinids are typically eurybrachymorph.)

Maybe I will write more later on. My time is restricted right now, but I think the above reflects the essential quite well.

Granraude
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
In the link you posted, they are called Nordic (North European)

Correct in my book.

Unity Mitford
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 08:38 PM
we faelids are subnordid, and most have nordid admixture