PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts?

boudicca
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Do you believe in ghosts? I know this may sound totally crazy but I think I have one in my house. I have tried every way possible to explain the things that have happened here and others have witnessed these occurances.

I will tell you a few senarios that have happened in my home, to let you judge. A few years ago I was taking an early morning flight. I was nervous about flying and didn't want to go. I was with my mother and my younger cousin; explaining to them that I was too affraid to fly. I was about to go into the bathroom to take a shower and the door slammed shut before I could go in and locked from the inside. My mother and cousin were both there, we had to pick the lock to get inside.

Another time my boyfriend was asking me an uncomfortable question and then my T.V. started turning off and on repeaditly, tons of my sons toys started going off, the lights shut off and the cieling fan started spinning uncontrolably. I was very freaked out! It was all happening at once!!

These things happen often. I'm not crazy! Others have seen these things happen. I have tried to explain why these things are happening but I just can't anymore. I think it's a ghost, what do you think?

Ocko
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I think it is you.

I believe so because those things happen when you are under stress. Ghosts wouldn't do it that way, they would put you under stress because they feed on your fear. (that kind of heavy energy is a sort of food for them and also provides an inroad for them).

As a heathen/pagan: we also know house spirits, some can be pretty nasty and mischievious. If you honor them and give them little gifts they actually pay back with a lot of benefits.

But as I stated above I belief it is you which is producing these things.

Ocko
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I do extraction work with people and get things out of them, sometimes very weird things happen. Might also that there is something in you.

Hamar Fox
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Set up some camcorders around your house. If the ghost appears, they'll make a movie about you. If it doesn't, ghost problem solved. I genuinely mean this too. When I hear about these things, I think to myself, just record it and prove it. A door locking behind you, for example, would be hard to fake on film (as long as we see the lock turn with nobody turning it). This type of stuff (i.e. convincing stuff) never makes its way onto TV or online, so if you record it, you'll be the first ever. If your ghost is camera-shy, then plant a camera in every room and the ghost won't bother you again.

I do extraction work

But the real question is can you do inception.

Ocko
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 08:42 PM
If you believe it is a ghost then buy some dragon's blood (or use any other cleansing incense) and burn it where you suspect it sits.

Burn as much as you can, use some incantation you like, most of all keep the intention to get it out of the house as strong as possible (use several people keeping that aim).

If you are stronger than the ghost it will leave, if not then not.

In that case call a heathen shaman or native shaman and ask him/her.

Wulfram
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I think it is you.

I believe so because those things happen when you are under stress. Ghosts wouldn't do it that way, they would put you under stress because they feed on your fear. (that kind of heavy energy is a sort of food for them and also provides an inroad for them).

As a heathen/pagan: we also know house spirits, some can be pretty nasty and mischievious. If you honor them and give them little gifts they actually pay back with a lot of benefits.

But as I stated above I belief it is you which is producing these things.

You have experience with "ghosts"? By what process do you determine that they are real ghosts and not just some individuals (or yourself) imagination? I have been trying to experience one for years. Is it because I show no fear, a feeling that I actually enjoy? (I love it when the hairs stand on the back of my neck and my stomach goes ice cold.) Are the ghosts put off by this or should I at least make an earnest attempt to fake genuine terror? :D

Do ghosts only appear to those who do not wish to see them?

Hamar Fox
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
You have experience with "ghosts"? By what process do you determine that they are real ghosts and not just some individuals (or yourself) imagination? I have been trying to experience one for years. Is it because I show no fear, a feeling that I actually enjoy? (I love it when the hairs stand on the back of my neck and my stomach goes ice cold.) Are the ghosts put off by this or should I at least make an earnest attempt to fake genuine terror? :D

Do ghosts only appear to those who do not wish to see them?

They actually only appear to people on LSD.

Ocko
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Why would it be an imagination if a picture falls from the wall while you look at it? It was hanging there for years without any problems.

why would it be imagination if something kicks your camera out of your hands?

Why would it be imagination if a curtain starts to move when there is no wind nor any window/door open?

A little boy who stayed with us once ran out of the bathroom full of terror because he saw a red monster, he was shaking and had a hard time to talk.

I tried to get it out, my then-wife too, it didn't work, we called somebody in and she finally got it out. she suggested whatever had any connection to that monster, any furniture, picture etc had to be removed from the house in order to not have it come back.

We got rid of it that way.

There are battles between shamans, some aren't really the type you want to have around. In one of those I got something nasty on my neck I couldn't get rid of. I mentally contacted my teacher, in less than a minute she got rid of it.

I personally don't want anything to do with them but during extraction work (and about 80 - 90 % of the people I meet need it) there is plenty of them. Some are nasty most are harmless and desperate themselves. Most of them are deceased people, some are not. They look like monster. It is eery to see them in people.

If you want one of those monster bugging you I can give you the address of that idiot-shaman. I guess he will be more than happy to send it to you.

Forest_Dweller
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I once knew a firm atheist who used to see a ghost in his house, he thought that it might have something to do with electric magnetic forces in the earth causing hallucinations or something like that.

There isn't a lot of convincing evidence though that ghosts exist, but with so many people seeing them there has to be some explanation. The problem is ghost sightings happen so randomly it's rare that someone has a video camera to hand.

Wulfram
Monday, April 18th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Why would it be an imagination if a picture falls from the wall while you look at it? It was hanging there for years without any problems.

The nail holding it in place was gradually pulled out by the weight of the frame a little bit at a time. Sometimes this happens and will indeed take years.
Did the picture do anything else but fall to the ground?

...why would it be imagination if something kicks your camera out of your hands?

You saw it kick, or imagined that it kicked?

Why would it be imagination if a curtain starts to move when there is no wind nor any window/door open?

I have seen something similar to this(or maybe not). I once witnessed a Dr. Pepper can move across a table. It didn't move very far though. So little in fact that the more I tried to determine the space it did move the more I wondered if I saw it move at all. I could not remember the exact location that it originally stood. Since we are talking but inches here I could not compare the distance from where it had once stood and where it had slid to. The more I tried to see a ghost the less I became convinced that I saw something genuine.
The excitement I briefly felt was thrilling however, which is one of the reasons for why I still keep an open mind. I want to feel that delicious fear again!

A little boy who stayed with us once ran out of the bathroom full of terror because he saw a red monster, he was shaking and had a hard time to talk.

My mother told me that when I was a toddler learning to formulate sentences that I described seeing people who she said were not there.
As I aged and began speaking more articulate sentences she said I no longer described them.

I tried to get it out, my then-wife too, it didn't work, we called somebody in and she finally got it out. she suggested whatever had any connection to that monster, any furniture, picture etc had to be removed from the house in order to not have it come back.

We got rid of it that way.

How was it possible to determine which object had to be removed? How is it possible to know if there aren't more that need removing also?

There are battles between shamans, some aren't really the type you want to have around. In one of those I got something nasty on my neck I couldn't get rid of. I mentally contacted my teacher, in less than a minute she got rid of it.

Astral projection?

I personally don't want anything to do with them but during extraction work (and about 80 - 90 % of the people I meet need it) there is plenty of them. Some are nasty most are harmless and desperate themselves. Most of them are deceased people, some are not. They look like monster. It is eery to see them in people.

If you could compare them to something what do these monsters resemble?

If you want one of those monster bugging you I can give you the address of that idiot-shaman. I guess he will be more than happy to send it to you.

Aww, you'd sic one of those demons onto me? :D
But like you said. They feed on fear. What if the individual they are trying to feed on feeds on his own fear as well?
If I want to experience these things would I possibly be a candidate for extraction work as well?

Ocko
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 12:44 AM
I haven't seen it then. I am still in training and I get glimpses of what they look like. that should improve over time.

Kids often see those things, but through the reaction of the adults they dislearn to see them. It is some sort of focus you use and can retrain yourself to do. (Though I think you stay healthier when you don't dwelve in to that).

I am more sensitive to energies and I can feel it more then seeing it, the visualization part is what I train on.

One can start to feel the aura of plants, trees animals etc and determine where the borders are. With time one can feel the energies whether they are bad or not, then you start to see faint colors and then over time you see more.

The one which has been on me was a bat-like creature with a big beak about the size of a dog.

Others look like you sometimes see in movie, some resemble viking-boat icons and so on. they are always dark.

No, I won't send it to you, but I also think people are responsible for themselves, if they want expiriences I won't stand in your way.

Whether you are candidate for extraction? Most likely. Once you said you had trouble with alcohol and overcame it (If I am wrong I apologize) that certainly is a trait which suggests a different influence. There obviously was a struggle inside you from something that wanted it and a healthy part which tried to fight it. Seems you won, but that 'devil' might still be in you.

Might have been some of your relatives who died, couldn't find the way (maybe too strongly attached to his addiction) and used someelse to satisfy it. But those are just speculations, in order to know one would have to look closer. (my teacheress does extraction work over the phone, ((she charges about 250 Dollar per session)) I haven't done it over the distance but she claims there is no difference).(As I still train I don't charge sofar)

Your interest in ghosts is somewhat curious, your desire to feel fear is somewhat morbid but anyway people are what they are and if they don't search for help I don't force anything on them.

Whatever it is what causes this interest I don't think it is anything bad, what is behind it can be removed if bad.

some people just enjoy their 'monsters' it gives them some sensations and some power they like.

After people get rid of it they usually feel lighter, weird, free, empty etc. But most of them change quite a few things. (I recently had a girl who suddenly figured out she lesbian, then after about 5 month she gave it up and is not clear which direction she wants to go. So the results may not be what you expect but definitely there will be some, usually some developement starts but in which direction is something I can't foresee. ((Most reactions are positive, you see them smiling, full of energy, starting new endeaviours etc)))

TechFin
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Ghosts are real.

My brother married a perfectly normal woman, who said she sees them sometimes, even as a kid, but its very rare. She said it startles her.

I asked her can she see through them, and she said yes.

I went to the Delta King boat in Sacramento. She said there were two in there, but I just saw rooms.

I don't know what the heck people see, but I do know they aren't all lying. She wouldn't lie anyway. She's normal like any other person is.

feisty goddess
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I have never actually seen a ghost, but think I could have witnessed some rather paranormal things from time to time. The house I was born in and lived in until age 5 was so haunted it was ridiculous. No one ever saw ghosts, but there were some very strange sounds and missing objects. I think my dad also mentioned something about an orb too. Everyone agreed that our old house was haunted and we are not all crazy. Someone may have seen a ghost as well and just not admitted it. I know one time at age three in that house my mom insisted on bringing my cot in the master bedroom and she doesn't do stuff like that for no reason. But then again probably not.

Last christmas I also had a strange experience where I was home alone late at night taking a shower and the bathroom door rattled like something was putting pressure on it. I feel sure it was not the heat vent or any people or pets. Other than that I haven't had any more problems.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Another time my boyfriend was asking me an uncomfortable question and then my T.V. started turning off and on repeaditly, tons of my sons toys started going off, the lights shut off and the cieling fan started spinning uncontrolably. I was very freaked out! It was all happening at once!!

I've had weird experiences like this too, namely the TV getting turned on suddenly, or the lights getting turned on inexplicably in the middle of the night.

That particular incident you described is doubly weird. I've never seen or heard of anything that dramatic. Was it only you and your boyfriend who witnessed it? I wonder if it happened elsewhere in the house, or just in that one room.

Hamar Fox
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 10:16 AM
There isn't a lot of convincing evidence though that ghosts exist, but with so many people seeing them there has to be some explanation. The problem is ghost sightings happen so randomly it's rare that someone has a video camera to hand.

There are video cameras everywhere. CCTV is everywhere, everyone's phone has a camera etc. In threads like this, you get the impression there are more ghosts than real people. Everyone has a ghost story to tell. Yet of the billions of people on the planet -- a good 75% of whom claim to have seen a ghost -- not one little shred of evidence or convincing video footage has ever been produced.

I consider paranormal experience to be in the same category as IQ and exotic ancestry -- i.e. something people lie about online.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM
There are video cameras everywhere. CCTV is everywhere, everyone's phone has a camera etc. In threads like this, you get the impression there are more ghosts than real people. Everyone has a ghost story to tell. Yet of the billions of people on the planet -- a good 75% of whom claim to have seen a ghost -- not one little shred of evidence or convincing video footage has ever been produced.

I consider paranormal experience to be in the same category as IQ and exotic ancestry -- i.e. something people lie about online.

Yes, most people are probably faking it, or have made themselves believe they've actually seen something. It's both wishful thinking, and the need for attention/need to feel important somehow. However, I do think there are some people who have genuinely seen something. What that something actually is, is to determined. There are numerous explanations, both natural phenomenon and psychological ones could account for something as unusual as the experience of seeing a "ghost".

On a side note, if ghosts do exist, one could argue that they might not (probably don't) appear on videotape, as they are not physical entities.

Hamar Fox
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Yes, most people are probably faking it, or have made themselves believe they've actually seen something. It's both wishful thinking, and the need for attention/need to feel important somehow. However, I do think there are some people who have genuinely seen something. What that something actually is, is to determined. There are numerous explanations, both natural phenomenon and psychological ones could account for something as unusual as the experience of seeing a "ghost".

Low frequency sound waves supposedly create a sense of foreboding and cause hallucinations.

On a side note, if ghosts do exist, one could argue that they might not (probably don't) appear on videotape, as they are not physical entities.

True, although interactions with the environment (such as the OP's experiences of locking doors, lights turning off etc.) would still be caught on film. I've done a bit of research, with an open mind, on what kind of ghost footage you can find, and there's almost nothing. A good portion of what you can find is obviously fake too. If ghosts actually existed, wouldn't places like Youtube be packed with convincing footage? I think so. But if you go there and type in 'ghost sighting', you'll find little. Half the videos will be parodies, and the rest will involve amateurish (and dated) computer effects.

TheBlackCross
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 02:41 AM
When I die I'm going to haunt all of you.

Wulfram
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 02:46 AM
When I die I'm going to haunt all of you.

I've been wanting to see a ghost for quite some time now.

thoughtcrime
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 02:47 AM
No, I don't. I know it's going to sound awfully arrogant from someone who hasn't experienced any of these phenomena, but I personally believe your senses were playing tricks on you.

I don't claim that spirits can't exist, but if they do, in my opinion there's no way they can alter the physical world.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 03:16 AM
No, I don't. I know it's going to sound awfully arrogant from someone who hasn't experienced any of these phenomena, but I personally believe your senses were playing tricks on you.

I don't claim that spirits can't exist, but if they do, in my opinion there's no way they can alter the physical world.

Yes, they probably are extra-dimensional. There are, after all, 11 dimensions aren't there? That's the only way to explain it, if you have to say they exist.

thoughtcrime
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 03:49 AM
Yes, they probably are extra-dimensional. There are, after all, 11 dimensions aren't there? That's the only way to explain it, if you have to say they exist.

*rolls eyes*
Of course you're right. I didn't say they do, but there's a bunch of people who believe in extradimensional "matter" (or whatever it is). I don't, but I can't, not even empirically, disprove it. I can, however, empirically disprove that ghosts alter "our" world, since from the frequency people claim to experience them, there would have to be some hard proof of their influence.

Friedrich
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 05:09 AM
What is described sounds more like a "poltergeist" (coincidently, a nice Germanic folklore word commonly used in English and translated as "noisy spirit").

Poltergeists move physical objects, and seem to interact with people.

Strictly speaking, in paranormal studies "Ghosts" are figures who replay like imprints from the past. They follow a set path, and do not interact with people.

Poltergeists are often (but not always) associated with adolescent girls, which suggests they may be caused by unconscious human "energy".

Some hauntings are mixed, with ghosts being viewed, and poltergeist activity.

Religious folk associate poltergeists with demonic activity, rather than haunting by human spirits.
Because of their terrifying nature they are linked to occult activity (which is believed to open a doorway to malevolent spirits or demons) or being cursed.
Especially the Ouija board is believed to attract them.

Some rationalists do not deny the phenomenon, but they blame it on the mind being affected by electrical waves and frequencies (especially in the wiring of older houses).

I don't think it is fair to say one is always ready to capture such activity on film, even in our techno world. I don't have a phone camera, and if something like that happened, I'd first have to scratch the camera out of the closet.
Youtube and other sites are full of such footage, and the possibility of faking any footage today means that skeptics will never be completely satisfied with film, and they must experience it themselves.

Friedrich
Thursday, April 21st, 2011, 06:30 AM
One of the most disputed hauntings occurred in northern London in the 1970's.
The weight of evidence is in favor of the paranormal in this case, although some claim the girls had some kind of conspiracy with all the investigators.
This is absurd, although some minor fakery did occur due to media pressure.
The adult "girls" (two sisters, who were the focus of the haunting) are anonymous today, but maintain the truth of the haunting, and one claimed on Jane Goldman Investigates that it essentially ruined her youth.
Scary and compelling evidence came from the 11-year-old sister Janet, who was recorded and witnessed speaking another voice.
Skeptics must admit it came from her voice-box, but maintain a child faked this somehow.

1XBdXHmtJfo&NR=1

_OWgImgIRic&feature=related

Alice
Friday, February 1st, 2019, 07:52 PM
Do you believe in ghosts?

Sure, I believe in ghosts, and I don't believe there is any contradiction between ghosts and Catholic theology. But I do believe that the dead are either in heaven, hell or purgatory. Some souls might be undergoing purgatorial purification and are permitted by God to appear to people in order to ask for prayers, for instance. On the other hand, demons are able to deceive people into thinking they are dead relatives, too. I've never seen a ghost, though, and the thought frightens me.

schwab
Friday, February 1st, 2019, 08:18 PM
I'm still struggling with the notion of a "purgatory".
Where and how did this thought originate? Any scriptures about that?

SaxonPagan
Friday, February 1st, 2019, 09:00 PM
Ghosts do not exist.

With all of the technology we have these days one would have almost certainly been recorded by now.

Rodulf
Friday, February 1st, 2019, 11:12 PM
I'm opened minded. In a universe made of information and probability waves, at the basic quantum level of reality, I suppose there could be some memory residue still here from the dead.

Astragoth
Friday, February 1st, 2019, 11:56 PM
Ghosts do not exist.

With all of the technology we have these days one would have almost certainly been recorded by now.

Ghosts exist. I've dealt with them.

Sigurdsson
Saturday, February 2nd, 2019, 02:31 AM
There's always a possibility that they exist, but for the most part, no, I believe they do not exist.

Alice
Sunday, February 3rd, 2019, 05:56 AM
I'm still struggling with the notion of a "purgatory". Where and how did this thought originate? Any scriptures about that?

The Second Council of Lyons (1274), the Council of Florence (1438-1445) and the Council of Trent (1545-1563) defined the doctrine of purgatory. In the third century, Tertullian made reference to praying for the dead on their birthdays, and St. Cyprian believed that the dead could be helped by the prayer of those on earth. Most famously, St. Augustine wrote of his mother, St. Monica: "Lay this body anywhere...Only I ask of you, that you remember me at the altar of the Lord wherever you are." That purgatory exists and that souls detained there can be helped by our prayers are articles of Faith.

In the Old Testament, there are many instances where God forgives sins yet demands that reparation be made for offending Him. For example, see Numbers 20:12 and II Kings 12:13-14. Also in Maccabees, which many Protestants don't recognize, there is reference to praying for the dead, which implies a belief in a place of temporary punishment. In the New Testament, certain passages from St. Matthew (12:32) and St. Paul (I Cor. 3-10:15) support the doctrine of purgatory. Many saints support these interpretations, and ancient liturgies contain prayers for the dead.

Venial sin that is unrepented of at the moment of death must be expiated in some fashion. While venial sins don't merit hell, such a soul cannot be admitted to the beatific vision. As a Catholic, I find the doctrine of purgatory very consoling.