PDA

View Full Version : Polish Chem warfare Unit Brodnica

Stargard
Tuesday, June 29th, 2004, 08:32 PM
During WW2 the Barracks at Strasburg W.Pr was used by the German Forces. Today its home to a Polish Chem warfare unit (whose services were mobilised to help "Uncle Sam" in "Gulf war 2").

Does anyone have any history of the Brodnica / Strasburg military barracks before WW2?.

During the Poles War with Sweden, Brodnica was a militarised town(as many / most towns were in that region?).

Can anyone help with that obscure footnote to Polands military history?
Reason forinterest:- my father was in the Wehrmannschaft militia - and underwent training as a local recruit in WW2 Brodnica.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, July 1st, 2004, 07:14 AM
Stargard, this is fascinating and great information. I am interested in how this comes out. Have you posted this on the German language section?

Stargard
Friday, July 2nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
Stargard, this is fascinating and great information. I am interested in how this comes out. Have you posted this on the German language section?

I believe that a section dealing with the Polish langauge would be a more appropriate place? as Brodnica was part of 'Germany' [Gross Deutschland (3rd Reich) only from 1939 to 1944 ] - and prior to that it was part of Poland and Prussia. It is now part of Poland, again...............

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, July 3rd, 2004, 08:33 AM
I believe that a section dealing with the Polish langauge would be a more appropriate place? as Brodnica was part of 'Germany' [Gross Deutschland (3rd Reich) only from 1939 to 1944 ] - and prior to that it was part of Poland and Prussia. It is now part of Poland, again...............

But the people in that base at the time are going to be the source of knowlege. If not them, then perhaps their children. The Polish government might know of this if they did a study of it. Maybe even the Russians might know something using this same theory. Today, there are Poles researching some of the hidden history of WW2 but I really don't know if any has knowledge about this particular topic.

cosmocreator
Sunday, July 4th, 2004, 07:53 AM
It is now part of Poland, again...............
And one day it will be German again..... :)

StrÝbog
Sunday, July 4th, 2004, 08:43 AM

It was part of Germany from 1871 to 1919, and before the official unification Prussia was still 'German' and the leading member of the North German Confederation.

Stargard
Saturday, July 17th, 2004, 06:08 AM
And one day it will be German again..... :)

The Prussians of Strasburg/Brodnica respect Poland for than Germany. At least being part of the Polish system does not result in Prussian citizens being randomly rounded up and murdered in the streets of Brodnica - as happened the last time the Germans had control of that town.

DrBrandt your comments are designed to stir things up?. If you really are banned, it can only add to the civility index for this site, and may I observe that, by the way, your avatar shows that your mom dresses you funny .