PDA

View Full Version : Morality-Based Segregation

Meister
Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 03:29 PM
There's been a few threads on here recently that have involved morality and I have realised that although I am no saint, my morality is quite strong and defined compared with general society. And in particular some members of the brainwashed Gen Y who have a "if it doesn't hurt anyone, it's fine/You're just being a Nazi" mentality.

So my question is if there was a society of people who lived segregated based on their and your moral beliefs (not necessarily connected with any religion, if you are an Athiest/Agnostic) would you live with them?

I think the idea of being part of a society of like minded people who are altruistic to their own kind would be an exciting new experience.

Centaur
Sunday, January 30th, 2011, 01:19 AM
There's been a few threads on here recently that have involved morality and I have realised that although I am no saint, my morality is quite strong and defined compared with general society. And in particular some members of the brainwashed Gen Y who have a "if it doesn't hurt anyone, it's fine/You're just being a Nazi" mentality.

So my question is if there was a society of people who lived segregated based on their and your moral beliefs (not necessarily connected with any religion, if you are an Athiest/Agnostic) would you live with them?

I think the idea of being part of a society of like minded people who are altruistic to their own kind would be an exciting new experience.

I get a sting in my nervous system when my moral views are contradicted. (Back in the day, they called this a conscience. What people would do is reason their conscience and explain it, then decide where they stand on issues.) It would be great if I found people who invoked that inner voice since these days it's strong enough that I spend more time alone than with anyone else...

stealthypanda
Monday, January 31st, 2011, 09:48 PM
pardon me if i sound naive in my youth and inexperiance, from my observations of the world im being brought up in, im taught to be "open minded". im all for the exchange of ideas but when does being open minded become in conflict with my moral fabric? and when does ones moral fabric interfere with the exchange of ideas that comes from being open minded?

my morals say whites shouldnt associate with latinos, however does that mean i cant adopt their ideas?

as much as i enjoy like minded people and generally associate with them i think seperating ourselfs on moral beliefs wouldnt be as apealing as one would hope. without conflict how can one grow as an individual?

if i misunderstood what it is you were tryin to say i apoligize. anyhew thats my 2 cents

=]

Meister
Friday, February 4th, 2011, 04:48 PM
pardon me if i sound naive in my youth and inexperiance, from my observations of the world im being brought up in, im taught to be "open minded". im all for the exchange of ideas but when does being open minded become in conflict with my moral fabric? and when does ones moral fabric interfere with the exchange of ideas that comes from being open minded?

my morals say whites shouldnt associate with latinos, however does that mean i cant adopt their ideas?

as much as i enjoy like minded people and generally associate with them i think seperating ourselfs on moral beliefs wouldnt be as apealing as one would hope. without conflict how can one grow as an individual?

if i misunderstood what it is you were tryin to say i apoligize. anyhew thats my 2 cents

=]

Being Open Minded is fine, however I feel this concept has been corrupted by Political Correctness, Open Mindedness now has become a state of mind where you mustaccept everything PC regardless of whether it is morally harmful, incorrect, rude or anything else.

Also being Open Minded doesn't mean I have to accept an idea, it just means I am open to thinking about or listening to it, not taking it on as acceptable.

To me in the West we need to be more single minded about certain things and even cynical. We have been taught that anything new is good, tradition is bad and we must never ever criticise other races and cultures - this is a form of PC narrow mindedness, the liberals aren't open minded at all - so in many ways it depends on which side of the debate you stand on.

Yes, I agree conflict can make one grow, however when society is as fractured as it is now with so many different groups and liefstyles with opposing points of view, I think there is strength and healing in being surrounded by like minded people.

When you have a dynamic where basically everyone is the same, you still have conflict but it is different as no one is trying to change the nature of the culture only improve it. What we have had in the West for a few decades now is our own kind who have wanted to destroy our cultures.

The Aesthete
Friday, February 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Exchanging ideas is fine

We will be minorities in many Germanic countries in my life time if the status quo continues and we have a birth rate not even replacing ourselves, if interracial relationships are as common as now we will virtually no longer exist in a few generations. Now that I find immoral!

Some sort of segregation may be our only chance, although I would prefer repatriating racial others on mass just leaving a few so it would not affect our racial and cultural identity