PDA

View Full Version : His Home Firebombed, His Dog Burned, and Invaded by Masked Men, This Man Defended Himself by Firing His Gun to Scare His Attackers. Police Charge the

Hersir
Friday, January 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM
His home firebombed, his dog
burned, and invaded by masked men, this man defended himself by firing his gun to scare his attackers. Police charge the homeowner. The message? Cops have a monopoly on force.

Continues here http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/20/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers/

Since it is illegal to defend one's self or one's property from three attackers setting one's home on fire with the victim inside, it is obvious that the State would rather the victim die than presume to use force.

What sane person would agree to such?

RoyBatty
Friday, January 21st, 2011, 10:47 PM
Moral of the story:

1 - get a silencer
2 - don't scare them with the firearm, do something more constructive with it
3 - don't call the cops

Wulfram
Friday, January 21st, 2011, 11:00 PM
Moral of the story:

1 - get a silencer
2 - don't scare them with the firearm, do something more constructive with it
3 - don't call the cops

How would a silencer make the situation any better?!
If he shoots them and is lucky enough to kill all three he then has three corpses on his hands to dispose of.
There could also be more accomplices that would seek revenge, probably more painful than fire the next time around.
They might also be aware of the wacky laws and would have no doubt called the police, knowing full well the homeowner would be the one to get charged. Since he used a silencer the police would also charge him with intent to commit murder as well. With intent, his defense is basically invalid and he would be presumed guilty from a biased jury.

I say shoot them anyway, then call the police and stand up for what you believe in court.
Make an example of yourself for others to follow.
Defiance seems to be the only recourse in this case.
The man could say:

"I knew what the consequences were by defending my home against attempted murder.
But I was given no choice, and now I stand here defend myself against this unjust law that has me standing before you."

Juthunge
Friday, January 21st, 2011, 11:13 PM
Another example of perverted law.

The only 'positive' thing about the whole situation are the comments about it at the bottom of the link you've sent.
In Germany you'd get a ton of people actually arguing in favor of the attackers. That's how low we got.

GroeneWolf
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, 03:53 AM
I would agree with Ronan on this. And I think when a greater part of the population becoming aware of these laws they will just shoot to kill, instead of scare, when they get confronted with a home invasion. Alto personally spoken criminals should be made clear that when they do things like this their intended victims might defend themselves with lethal force and that said victims will have the law on their side.

EQ Fighter
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, 04:00 AM
I have a policy.

People that break into my house are guaranteed to Die, no if and's or buts.

Once you cross the threshold I will do everything in my power to make sure you leave in a Box, and what the "State" says will be my last concern. :mad

Ælfrun
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, 06:10 AM
"Canada allows people to claim self-defence for using force, including guns, to protect their life as long as the force is reasonable and they believe they have no other options."
Since I was a child my dad has ALWAYS told me that if someone breaks into my house, I should kill them in self defence or else I would be charged with assault even though I am defending my own home. My dad also told me to claim that I was attacked first and to wound myself :P The law here is ridiculous and a lot of innocent people get charged. I guess in Canada it is a crime to protect your own life and property.

EQ Fighter
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011, 03:08 AM
"Canada allows people to claim self-defence for using force, including guns, to protect their life as long as the force is reasonable and they believe they have no other options."
Since I was a child my dad has ALWAYS told me that if someone breaks into my house, I should kill them in self defence or else I would be charged with assault even though I am defending my own home. My dad also told me to claim that I was attacked first and to wound myself :P The law here is ridiculous and a lot of innocent people get charged. I guess in Canada it is a crime to protect your own life and property.

Dad was a smart man!

Capping the crook sends a message to both the crook as well as the larger crooks that run the system, that BS will not be tolerated.

Here in Texas you can pretty much blast a crook and there will be no repercussions. In fact I know of two incidences where the perp was not even inside the house and got blasted for screwing with the guys car.

Cops know that if they want to keep their cushy jobs in the state of Texas, you simply don't F with gun rights here. We don't tolerate that sort of Bull $hit here.

TheVinson
Monday, January 24th, 2011, 03:11 AM
There was a similar story last year in Long Island, NY, where a man fired his rifle into the ground to scare away about a dozen gang members, all involved there were black.

Its sad to see Canada is having the same problems that we are, my prayers are with this man and his family. I hope that I am able to put someone breaking into my home six feet under instead of just scaring them off.

Ælfrun
Monday, January 24th, 2011, 06:51 AM
There was a similar story last year in Long Island, NY, where a man fired his rifle into the ground to scare away about a dozen gang members, all involved there were black.

Its sad to see Canada is having the same problems that we are, my prayers are with this man and his family. I hope that I am able to put someone breaking into my home six feet under instead of just scaring them off.

It is such a tragedy. You would have to put them six feet under or else you would be a criminal!:thumbdown

BroBro
Sunday, January 30th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I say shoot them anyway, then call the police and stand up for what you believe in court.
Make an example of yourself for others to follow.
Defiance seems to be the only recourse in this case.
The man could say:

"I knew what the consequences were by defending my home against attempted murder.
But I was given no choice, and now I stand here defend myself against this unjust law that has me standing before you."

In certain places they like to make an example out of that type of "vigilante" justice, or what they also term, "taking the law into your own hands." To be a warning to other people that they will be severely punished for defending themselves.

Why try to make a martyr out of yourself? If you have anything good to say, most likely it will be stifled.

Nowadays, justice doesn't matter, all they care about is so-called psycholgies and molly-coddling. Most of them, government officials and employees, wouldn't have their jobs if we were living in a society where justice reigned.

By the way, I am by no means saying, just sit on your thumbs. I am just saying, I would hate to see another "just" man going to prison.

Auricomous
Thursday, September 15th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Unbelievable... they are now charging victims of crimes who defend themselves during assault, perpetrators of crimes themselves?

Just another case where it goes to show you the mentality and psychological conditioning these cops are undergoing by thier higher ups who view the citizens of their country as an enemy that needs to be subdued.

Guess what, it won't be long now before Canada accepts the Amero, and the Amero is forced on the United States citizens against thier will... that is the last step before a one-world government is initiated. Welcome to hell on Earth.

BritishLad
Thursday, September 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM
"Mr. Thomson’s is the latest in a series of high-profile cases in which people have been charged after defending their homes and businesses against criminals. Central Alberta farmer Brian Knight became a local hero after shooting a thief who was trying to steal his ATV. He pleaded guilty to criminal negligence earlier this month.

In October, Toronto shopkeeper David Chen was acquitted of forcible confinement charges after he tied up a repeat shoplifter and demanded he stop raiding his grocery store."

I still dont know what the laws on half the time, it must be pretty strong stuff i know that!

Schopenhauer
Thursday, September 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I have a policy.

People that break into my house are guaranteed to Die, no if and's or buts.

Once you cross the threshold I will do everything in my power to make sure you leave in a Box, and what the "State" says will be my last concern. :mad

Better make sure your state recognizes the "Castle Doctrine" then.