PDA

View Full Version : The Poltergeist/Demon/Ghost Thread

feisty goddess
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I know that some believe these phenomena exist and some don't, but there are many documented cases of it, and I know one old man (friend of my father's) in my local area who wrote a book about ghosts and claims that he was woken up being picked up by the shoulder one night by one. My understanding is that poltergeists are different than ghosts, ghosts are simply shy spirits that float around when it is quiet and poltergeists are a little more agressive; intend to cause annoyance or harm. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Please share your stories/experiences with paranormal phenomena.

When I was about fourteen, I started doing and thinking things out of character for me and couldn't understand why (ie. lashing out at people, pacing, and feeling like I was being watched). I also noticed loud tapping on the walls, sometimes together in threes and sometimes just once. It seemed to be in sync with my thoughts some what, and would travel with me almost everywhere I went (hotel room, friends house etc.). It started to give me great anxiety, and I wished that the tapping would just stop, but I felt this sense of impending doom (there was no real reason for it, everything in my life was going fine). Back then no such thought of spirits had crossed my mind, and I believed such things couldn't be possible. I didn't really understand what it was at all, nor was I capable of rational thought regarding it, I just thought it was tapping and that I was hearing tapping and had some sort of mental illness. But looking back on it now, I find it very unlikely it was a mental illness, especially just with only those sudden symptoms and with no genetic history of such things. I also recently read that tapping on walls is a way that demons frequently communicate with children, which made me go cold when I read it.

A month ago, I thought I was hearing some more odd sounds and observing some subtle activity.

1. feelings of being watched.
2. one time felt like something touched me on the head and shoulder.
3. one evening when I was alone at home the bathroom door shook/rattled and made a loud tap like a fingernail against a hard surface; no people or pets loose in the house.
4. one afternoon about 3:00 when I came home alone I went to bed to take a nap and woke 1/2 hour later up to this strange, very loud thumping/scratching in the attic and thought I heard familiar and unfamiliar voices chanting/whispering but no one was home.

This afternoon I had another instance. I was taking a nap and had the light on (I don't normally have the light on, I just didn't want to let myself sleep too long) and I had one of those dreams where you feel paralyzed. Right when I started to regain the ability to move, I woke up and sat up. Right away I saw this substance that looked like water vapor move away from my body towards the door. I think I could've been seeing things after waking up from a disturbed dream, but I wonder if this has always been happening on certain occasions and I've just never caught a glimpse of it because the lights have been off.

Barreldriver
Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I've had a number of experiences of this nature, when I moved into the new apartment I was there for not too long and had an event where all the windows (locked shut mind ya') blew open then the door (bolt lock engaged) opened by itself with the bolt still sticking out, it was as if part of the doorway temporarily disappeared allowing for the fully locked door to open.

Loyalist
Thursday, January 20th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Most of my family claims to have experienced some type of paranormal activity, and I have seen my share. In my case, however, it is nothing too extraordinary.

Shortly after my great-uncle died about a decade ago, a ceiling light in my grandparents' house began turning on and off by itself. I was sitting in the kitchen with my grandfather late one night and watched it happen over and over. It stopped on its own about a week later and never happened again. There was no electrical fault; you could hear the switch moving.

On another occasion, we were selling our house and looking at some other homes with an estate agent. One house we viewed was empty and unoccupied. Inside the house, one had the feeling of being watched. I cannot exaggerate the latter; the feeling was awful and oppressive, as if someone wanted us out. For some reason, I started thinking about an old woman. I was not visualizing anything or getting any other details, it was just this feeling. After a few minutes the agent remarked that the house made her uncomfortable, and my mother and I immediately agreed. After we left she mentioned that it was an estate sale and that the former occupant was an elderly woman who had died in the home.

The experiences some of my family have had make for a better read.

In the mid-1960s, when my mother was around ten, her parents, sister, and her moved into a late Victorian house near a large park. When they first went to see it, the owner of the house was living in an upstairs bedroom with only a mattress on the floor, saying he had already moved his family out and wanted a quick closing. That did not deter my grandparents from buying it, and strange things began to happen shortly after they moved in. One afternoon, the sound of a woman crying started echoing throughout the house. My mother, aunt, and grandparents all heard it, and could come up with no explanation. In the months ahead, furniture began moving, including one occasion when a heavy armchair in which a guest was sitting started shaking so violently that she jumped out of it. In addition, voices were heard (including names being called out), there were apparitions of an elderly man seen by everyone, as well as a headless figure my grandmother claims to have seen, and my aunt was grabbed by something on the leg which left marks.

After speaking to a neighbour, my grandmother was told that a couple who owned the home prior to the last occupants had died in the house, the wife of cancer and her husband of a heart attack in the living room. To top it off, my grandmother and a friend used to attend a Spiritualist church a few blocks away. One day, one of the self-proclaimed mediums at the church, who did not know my grandmother or anything about her, approached her and stated that she had a trapped spirit in her house, and that it had made its presence known. The activity declined after that, and they moved out a couple of years later.

I will end with a short anecdote from my father's family. My great-grandmother (grandmother's mother) died in the late 1970s. The official cause of death was a heart attack, but we believe she was murdered. She lived alone, and was found dead in her bedroom, with her face effectively beaten in and head wedged between her mattress and headboard. The coroner concluded that the injuries were the result of her flailing and falling as she died. Anyway, she had always intensely disliked her eldest daughter (my great-aunt), and the two never got along. The last time they spoke they had an arguement. At her funeral, when my great-aunt walked in, a bouqet of flowers which had been lying on the coffin flew across the room and struck her. It seems that she got the last word after all.

Ulfvaldr
Thursday, January 20th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I didn't really believe, actually not really sure, until one day about 4 months ago, I was sitting at the computer, which faces a large picture window to the outside in front of the front porch, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, and looked up to see a heavy set woman dressed all in black walking up the stairs of the front porch. I remember saying to my self "great who's this now?", so I got up, went to the door, opened it, and there was no one there.I walked around and could find absolutely no one anywhere. She was heavy set, all in black, I remember light reflection, and she was using the hand rail to help herself up the stairs. It could not have been a trick of light, and there could not have been anywhere she could have ran off to before I got there.

flâneur
Thursday, January 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
1) When i was a baby,my mother wouldnt let her gran (my great grandmother ) near me because she was old and stank of fish (so my mother said).

One night when my great gran had died my mother woke up and saw my great grandmother stood next to my cot which was in my parents bedroom with me asleep in her arms....and she spoke to my mother and said "What are you going to do now"....my mother poked my father in the ribs and he woke up and saw her as well....she then put me back down and faded away.....that was it.

2) When we moved back from Rhodesia we moved into an old victorian house,massive it was with a big garden and some outbuildings.
Anyway my fathers nerves were a bit frayed after going through the bush war and having to come back to England and start again.....so he seemed to be always on edge and we had to tip toe around him.
After a couple of months in this house he says he can hear tapping but cant identify where the tapping is coming from so starts sleeping in different parts of the house to try and locate the source.
He even slept outside in the outbuildings much to my mothers dismay as it was the middle of winter.
He then thought the noise was coming up through the cellar so even slept in there amongst the mice and cobwebs.

He became obsessed with finding this tapping noise which me or my brothers or mother could hear.

One night when he was back sleeping in the living room,my mother woke me and my brothers up terrified and we could hear a banging noise coming up from downstairs...a sort of dull hammer hitting wood noise is the best i can remember.

We were all nearly pissing ourselves with fear and no one dared to look over the bannister to see below....my mother prodded me forward with the help of my brothers (which was nice of them) and i saw my father lying half on,half off the settee and what looked like a swarm of wasps or midges in a vortex over him with the bottom of the whirlwind like thing banging up and down onto his chest.
I can remember him looking at me and me giving a squeak of fright and my mother also got some courage up and peeked through the bannisters and let out a howl....when she did this the entity or whatever it was sort of dissapeared from view and was gone in a minute.

We raced downstairs and and my father said he couldnt breathe for the time this thing was pounding on him which must have been about twenty minutes.
We were out of the house like shit through a goose never to return....it was a rented house and we found out the hard way why the rent was so low.
It still stands btw and a family moved in and i once talked to the owner and he said nothing strange had happened to him or his family.

I imagine it was the product of my fathers nervous tension.Or something along those lines.

Those are my two ghost stories and nothing else has ever happened to me.

Ralf
Thursday, January 20th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Are you quite attractive Fiesty Godess?

Ghosts cannot be dead people according to the Bible as dead people turn back to dust and have no Consciousness.

Demons however, whilst no longer allowed to materialise, do remain as spirits.
Heres what they did, and why I asked if you are attractive:-

Genesis 6

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

These are from where we get the recorded history of the ancient Greek and Roman gods who came down to take beautifull human wives and sire the demi-gods.

They still have this attraction for beautifull women.
Ive heard of a lot of women having your experience.

Another option might be that you have inadvertanly invited them into your life by opening a door such as an Ouija board, playing with Tarot cards, or even being in possession of an object that was owned by a Spiritualist.

feisty goddess
Friday, January 21st, 2011, 11:34 PM
Are you quite attractive Fiesty Godess?

Ghosts cannot be dead people according to the Bible as dead people turn back to dust and have no Consciousness.

Demons however, whilst no longer allowed to materialise, do remain as spirits.
Heres what they did, and why I asked if you are attractive:-

Genesis 6

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

These are from where we get the recorded history of the ancient Greek and Roman gods who came down to take beautifull human wives and sire the demi-gods.

They still have this attraction for beautifull women.
Ive heard of a lot of women having your experience.

Another option might be that you have inadvertanly invited them into your life by opening a door such as an Ouija board, playing with Tarot cards, or even being in possession of an object that was owned by a Spiritualist.

I know for a fact that I am attractive to some, I have long blonde hair, but I'm not super gorgeous or anything.

Regardless of whether the bible says ghosts exist, there absolutely are different types of spirits. There are ones who are just downright vicious/evil and prey on people/harrass/posses them, ones who have once lived on earth and are confined to one area and they usually intend to drive someone away (poltergeists), and ones who are just totally harmless and float around (ghosts). However, I don't think ghosts have a conscience, I think their soul has left their body but their spirit stays for some unexplained reason. Demons however, are capable of conscious thought because they haven't lived on earth before.

Come to think of it, I think you may be on to the source of the problem considering what I think it did to me psychologically in the beginning (if I'm not crazy and it exists). It tried to make itself into whatever I wanted it to be, while all at the same time separating me from other people as much as it could (I want to be alone etc.). I think if a demon is doing the harrasing, it is VERY intimidated somehow, and it may be because we have religious items in our home, things of that nature.

I certainly didn't bring in an oija board, or anything weird like that, in fact back when it all started, I didn't even have any kind of awareness that paranormal things existed, and never paid attention to it or was interested in it. When the wall tapping started and I felt something/someone was trying to communicate with me, I thought I was bloody crazy and needed a wacko ward. I was so ashamed of it, I never ever told anyone about it, until about three years later when I got more informed. Sometimes it was worse then others ie. sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night to these loud deliberate taps on the ceiling or wall area closest to my head and others they would be barely heard or noticed at all. They were off and on for a couple of years and recently they were almost gone, and now they are coming back and the weird incidents have started. I think that the thing may be starting to get angry, since I am in college and my life is starting to change and it has less time harass me/get attention.

I do think there are some things in our home that may be encouraging it such as "duke blue devils" souvenirs (have picture of a demon on them) from when my sister went to college. If charms and oija boards could invite a demon in, I wonder why those things couldn't. But I hope I'm wrong, because my parents will never get rid of that stuff. I do know for a fact that we have quite a few antique items in our home, that have been passed down a couple generations and that our old house that I was born in was so haunted that my dad still swears about it to this day. I've heard you can pick up demons from ghost hunting or going in a house with ghosts, so I think its possible it followed us from the old house on linden.

I think whatever it is wants to let me know its there in a subtle way, but doesn't want to haunt too noticably. It could perhaps be intimidated by family members, and wants to wait and get me alone. My dad claims he chased off those ghosts in the linden house, just so that he could sleep so perhaps this thing is the one he chased off before and its afraid of him but is still angry and wants to seek revenge however it can.

When I did my research recently I did read somewhere that demons often latch on to attractive or better than average looking people more than others. Could you possibly elaborate on these problems similar to mine that these women were having?

Ralf
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, 03:26 PM
When I did my research recently I did read somewhere that demons often latch on to attractive or better than average looking people more than others. Could you possibly elaborate on these problems similar to mine that these women were having?

I might have used the wrong words when Isaid "your experience", its just my observations through life that people I have met that have contact with spiritual entieties are invariably attractive women.
One I used to work with would bring in paintings she had done, but not by her own control of her hand.
She, as I seem to remember most as reporting, though having numerous benifits of such relationships, also report a serious and bad side effect, though refusing to be specific as to wht it was.

Maybe whatever it is has a limited entrance into your life, and is using such to try and attract your attention in the hope you will invite it in further.
Its like the old Vampyre legends that one couldnt come in your home unless invited.

Apart from God, for which you would need to sincerely ask him for help, dont know what you could do, maybe leave a load of Bibles lying around, I was once woken in the dead of night in an old military hospital by some unseen evil, though I didnt even belive in God then, reaching for the Gedions Bible that was in the bedside draw made it go away.

Ocko
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Sometimes I do extraction work for people. extraction means I pull out 'energies' out of people, mostly dead people/relatives, sometimes non-human entities.

Occasionally weird things happen, like books falling off the shelf, strange noises, temperature change and bad odor.

dead people are just that: dead PEOPLE. they aren't more evil or good as when they were alive. A dead priest is just that: a dead priest. A dead grandmother is just your grandmother but dead. nothing really scary.

They are around because they didn't find the way to the land of the dead. They are caught in this world and it is scary for them. In their desparation they enter somebody's body, often relatives they have a connection with (might be DNA related but I am not knowledgeable about this part).

Some stay at their home which gives them some sort of comfort. Of course they participate in living there and have their own ideas what should happen there. (mostly they want to keep it like it was at the time of their death, you can change a lot to make them go)

Part of the work is to bring those souls to the place where they belong, basically through ritual work and the help of helper-spirits.

In case you think there is something inside you there is a way to test and if you find someone you can get rid of it:

Get a friend of you, this person should do a muscle test on you. Meaning you stretch your arms out and you friend is pushing them gently down.

Next step is that your friend is staying behind you one hand at the neck the other on the lower back, lean into it. your friend now has to imagine/visualize to run redhot energy along your spine, from the lower back upwards. After he/she feels the redhot energy going up to the other hand, your friend moves quickly to your side. You stretch your hands out and your friend asks the question loudly: Is there an entity in ............(your name). and then she pushes on your hand, if they go down then there is, if not then there is none.

Dead people sit at your spine, redhot energy makes them move

Most likely there is something (90 % of the people nowadays have something in them).

To get it out is a bit more complicated and can be dangerous. If the test is positive you can contact me.

There is life-energy all around it, the indians call it prana, the japanese Ki, the chinese Chi, modern heathen call it Vril. It comes in three different qualities: dead, life, hyperactive.

Alive people need the life-energy in the life quality, dead people carry around dead life-energy. It makes you dark, sick (in the long run cancer and other diseases), passive, depressive, you do things you do not want to do etc. This has to come out for your own health.

If it is not in you but in the house, build an orgone generator (is fairly easy). The energy is changing and it will disappear in the long run. (Important part is the charging of the generator with your intention, google Jon Logan on that).

You can create good life energy through meditation, prayer, chi-exercises etc. that all will make it uncomfortable for an entity. To get rid of it for sure is best to hire somebody. There are most likely people around. Be sure to hire some 'white' witch.

In the past the local pastor/priest could perform those rituals but I don't think the modern church people can do that.

feisty goddess
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
I might have used the wrong words when Isaid "your experience", its just my observations through life that people I have met that have contact with spiritual entieties are invariably attractive women.
One I used to work with would bring in paintings she had done, but not by her own control of her hand.
She, as I seem to remember most as reporting, though having numerous benifits of such relationships, also report a serious and bad side effect, though refusing to be specific as to wht it was.

Maybe whatever it is has a limited entrance into your life, and is using such to try and attract your attention in the hope you will invite it in further.
Its like the old Vampyre legends that one couldnt come in your home unless invited.

Apart from God, for which you would need to sincerely ask him for help, dont know what you could do, maybe leave a load of Bibles lying around, I was once woken in the dead of night in an old military hospital by some unseen evil, though I didnt even belive in God then, reaching for the Gedions Bible that was in the bedside draw made it go away.

Oh yeah, thats what I meant, I wanted you to elaborate on whatever the symptoms were. I didn't think they would be exactly the same, but I just wanted to know what they were because I was curious for my own sake.

That reminds me, I remember one time when my family and I were on vacation in Texas and went to a horse race the summer before the symptoms started. I've always loved making bets, and after we all went to look at the horses before the race I asked if I could make a bet for my dad with some small amount of money and split the winnings with him. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I think you had to pick the winner and then a couple of the runner ups.

I made a bet, and I was sure that I was going to win something and I was very persistent, but my dad was not so sure about it. He said he'd split the money with me anyway, and he made a different bet than I. At the end of the race, we figured that if he had gone with what I had chosen, we would have won hundreds of dollars from just something like 25 or 30 bucks :(. I had made an almost perfect prediction, and that's hard to do. With his bet we won nothing lol :thumbdown. Its weird, I can predict how many inches its going to snow and other things like that pretty acurately.

Old Winter
Monday, January 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hang some Runes on the wall and other Germanic symbols, it might help.

GroeneWolf
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I made a bet, and I was sure that I was going to win something and I was very persistent, but my dad was not so sure about it. He said he'd split the money with me anyway, and he made a different bet than I. At the end of the race, we figured that if he had gone with what I had chosen, we would have won hundreds of dollars from just something like 25 or 30 bucks :(. I had made an almost perfect prediction, and that's hard to do. With his bet we won nothing lol :thumbdown. Its weird, I can predict how many inches its going to snow and other things like that pretty acurately.

I have something similar. But that is with roulette. At the wheel I feel an tinkling in my head which tells me what color the ball will fall in. Problem is in keeping my focus. So in the end it works more then 50% of the times. Which is pretty fine for me, because it is hard to have fun when you are focusing on what the tinkling says you need to bet on.

You can not just trow some random runes and other symbols on your walls and expect it to help. So first Feisty if she choose to follow your advice needs to do some research and ask some questions which might work best.

Wittmann
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 07:10 AM
About your feeling of waking up, not being able to move, and seeing a "spirit" like thing. That is called night paralysis, it is where your mind has woken up, but your body has not, it's hard to explain but it is normally an instant when we normally wake up, but once in awhile you can be like that for a little bit, and while you are in that state you can still be partially dreaming, IE seeing spirits.

I personally have issues with lights, they go out around me, I walked under a couple of lights the other day, and they went out when I went under them and went on when I walked away, it didn't happen for anyone else, I looked at a light the other day and it just went off, then the other week I walked into a fast food place and as soon as I reached the door, all of the lights went off for about 2 seconds. Then the next day I sat at a table, and when I looked up at the light, it flickered like crazy.

I do not have any "abilities", like lucky rolling, reading cards I can't see, or whatnot, but I am very influential. I am very good at getting people to trust me, and support me, I have talked to many die-hard liberals, and at the end of the discussion, more like my speech, they would say, "Ohh wow, you're right", I casually got many of my friends into Germanic preservationism, and took a friend who had no interest in his heritage to greeting me every morning with "Heil mein Kamerad!". I have blond hair and blue eyes, I guess better then average attractiveness, yet I seem to be able to get any girl's number, and whatnot. I do not know why I can do this, I just have like some extra "push" that gets me what I want.

For example, today I went to my professor and said, "Sorry I didn't do the two essays that were due today, I stayed up late playing video games, mind if I give it to you tomorrow?", and he said "Nah, no worries, I'll just give you the credit".

On a side note, I myself am very warm all the time, someone could shake my hand and say, "Wow you are really warm", but everything around me is very cold, I myself do not feel cold at all, but people come in my room, or sit next to me and say, "Man, it's like freezing in here!"

Are my "symptoms" the condition of just random power fluctuations and a natural charisma, or something else?

Wychaert
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=Wittmann;1058881]About your feeling of waking up, not being able to move, and seeing a "spirit" like thing. That is called night paralysis, it is where your mind has woken up, but your body has not, it's hard to explain but it is normally an instant when we normally wake up, but once in awhile you can be like that for a little bit, and while you are in that state you can still be partially dreaming, IE seeing spirits.QUOTE]

THis is true, This is also the cause of people who've said that they been abducted by aliens(the outer space aliens).

Wittmann
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 08:01 AM
This is also the cause of people who've said that they have been abducted by aliens (the outer space aliens).

What if I dreamed that I was abducted by Mexican aliens? :D

Wychaert
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM
What if I dreamed that I was abducted by Mexican aliens? :D

You woke up with a bean taste in your mouth?:D

Barreldriver
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 06:40 PM

I carved runes into my vambraces and each time something odd happens I keep those things near or on me.

feisty goddess
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 11:47 PM
About your feeling of waking up, not being able to move, and seeing a "spirit" like thing. That is called night paralysis, it is where your mind has woken up, but your body has not, it's hard to explain but it is normally an instant when we normally wake up, but once in awhile you can be like that for a little bit, and while you are in that state you can still be partially dreaming, IE seeing spirits.

I personally have issues with lights, they go out around me, I walked under a couple of lights the other day, and they went out when I went under them and went on when I walked away, it didn't happen for anyone else, I looked at a light the other day and it just went off, then the other week I walked into a fast food place and as soon as I reached the door, all of the lights went off for about 2 seconds. Then the next day I sat at a table, and when I looked up at the light, it flickered like crazy.

I do not have any "abilities", like lucky rolling, reading cards I can't see, or whatnot, but I am very influential. I am very good at getting people to trust me, and support me, I have talked to many die-hard liberals, and at the end of the discussion, more like my speech, they would say, "Ohh wow, you're right", I casually got many of my friends into Germanic preservationism, and took a friend who had no interest in his heritage to greeting me every morning with "Heil mein Kamerad!". I have blond hair and blue eyes, I guess better then average attractiveness, yet I seem to be able to get any girl's number, and whatnot. I do not know why I can do this, I just have like some extra "push" that gets me what I want.

For example, today I went to my professor and said, "Sorry I didn't do the two essays that were due today, I stayed up late playing video games, mind if I give it to you tomorrow?", and he said "Nah, no worries, I'll just give you the credit".

On a side note, I myself am very warm all the time, someone could shake my hand and say, "Wow you are really warm", but everything around me is very cold, I myself do not feel cold at all, but people come in my room, or sit next to me and say, "Man, it's like freezing in here!"

Are my "symptoms" the condition of just random power fluctuations and a natural charisma, or something else?

I'm 90% sure I was seeing things when I thought I saw the vapor moving across the room, but last night when I was in watching tv in the living room with my parents the door in the computer room slammed. My father heard it too and we couldn't find an explanation for it. After that incident I feel strongly that it's not ALL in my head.

I always feel that your gut instinct is almost always right (unless you're a nutcase), if you believe you have some sort of "power" then chances are you do. I also doubt charisma influences a professor to let you off the hook. They've proved for example, that clare voyancy (not sure if that is spelled right) must in fact exist.

Mjolnir
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I'm 90% sure I was seeing things when I thought I saw the vapor moving across the room, but last night when I was in watching tv in the living room with my parents the door in the computer room slammed. My father heard it too and we couldn't find an explanation for it. After that incident I feel strongly that it's not ALL in my head.

I always feel that your gut instinct is almost always right (unless you're a nutcase), if you believe you have some sort of "power" then chances are you do. I also doubt charisma influences a professor to let you off the hook. They've proved for example, that clare voyancy (not sure if that is spelled right) must in fact exist.

By your definition I am a nutcase, in the worst possible way......

feisty goddess
Wednesday, January 26th, 2011, 05:13 AM
By your definition I am a nutcase, in the worst possible way......

Are you sure? That would mean you are depressed and delusional or have a psychological disorder.

Wittmann
Wednesday, January 26th, 2011, 06:19 AM

Haha, I do not know why I have it, I mean, it's something I have had my entire life. Ever seen Star Wars? Remember how he could wave his hand and say something, and the other person would do what he said, it may not be thaaaat amazing, but it's darn well close!

feisty goddess
Wednesday, January 26th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Haha, I do not know why I have it, I mean, it's something I have had my entire life. Ever seen Star Wars? Remember how he could wave his hand and say something, and the other person would do what he said, it may not be thaaaat amazing, but it's darn well close!

I HATE Star Wars :thumbdown so I wouldn't know.

Wittmann
Wednesday, January 26th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I HATE Star Wars :thumbdown so I wouldn't know.

I never said I liked it! Just seemed to be a good reference at the time :P

Barreldriver
Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM

Jedi Mind Trick reference you, these are not the droids you are looking for.

Meister
Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I've had a few weird experiences. One time I was patrolling this old building which was still in use and as I was walking along the internal balcony area I felt this force just stop me, and no matter what I just could not bring myself to keep walking forward, I just wanted to back track and leave the other way. What made it weirder was this happened during daylight hours. I feel spooked just writing about it.

I was on a tour of an old prison once and the whole time I was ok, I thought certain parts were going to feel creepy, but it was fine. When we went into the Psch ward though I was hit with a heavy draining feeling, something wasn't right, hard to explain exactly but it was more than just feeling odd because I was aware of what the room was, it was more like experiencing the room if that makes sense. Once we left the feeling was gone almost instantly.

Mjolnir
Saturday, January 29th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Are you sure? That would mean you are depressed and delusional or have a psychological disorder.

By your definition I am pretty healthy............You saw vapour ,moving across the room, doors which were being slammed etc.
Your imagination is running wild....

I believe in Lex Naturalis, nothing more and nothing less.

feisty goddess
Saturday, January 29th, 2011, 04:11 AM
By your definition I am pretty healthy............You saw vapour ,moving across the room, doors which were being slammed etc.
Your imagination is running wild....

I believe in Lex Naturalis, nothing more and nothing less.

First of all, I think you're being unreasonable and what I believe or think I saw in relation to what you believe is none of your business. Just because you believe something doesn't exist doesn't give you the right to attack someone else and push your point of view on them. I happen to believe, that a lot of superstition has some sort of truth to it or some reason which it entered the human mind. People report many paranormal sightings, such as ghosts, all the time (its even on the news every now and then) and I think its ok to question what is presumed reality by most people a little bit. This is because if I didn't I wouldn't be on this forum in the first place since it is widely accepted that "we're all the same." I respect that you believe in "Lex Naturalis", but that doesn't mean I agree.

Second of all, other people heard the door slam also, so I am not hearing things. Also, when people wake up for a few seconds after sleep paralization, it is perfectly normal to see things and feel like they are still in the dream temporarily until they wake up completely, it has nothing to do with mental state of health. When you have a very active brain like I do from studying in school and reading a lot, its more common for weird things to happen in your sleep. When I am on summer holiday, I almost never dream or experience any kind of sleep paralization, but when I am in school and actively reading for about 6-8 hours a day I dream pretty much every minute I sleep. My parents have even said they heard me talking and walking around one night in my sleep and I didn't even remember anything about it. I just thought what I saw was worth mentioning, since it could have to do with the supposed paranormal incidences I thought may have been occuring.

Also I might add that your use of commas is incorrect and that I can barely read your post. You might want to brush up on your English; you need to work on correct grammer and how to articulate with clarity.

Mjolnir
Saturday, January 29th, 2011, 04:23 AM
First of all, I think you're being unreasonable and what I believe or think I saw in relation to what you believe is none of your business. Just because you believe something doesn't exist doesn't give you the right to attack someone else and push your point of view on them. I happen to believe, that a lot of superstition has some sort of truth to it or some reason which it entered the human mind. People report many paranormal sightings, such as ghosts, all the time (its even on the news every now and then) and I think its ok to question what is presumed reality by most people a little bit. This is because if I didn't I wouldn't be on this forum in the first place since it is widely accepted that "we're all the same." I respect that you believe in "Lex Naturalis", but that doesn't mean I agree.

Second of all, other people heard the door slam also, so I am not hearing things. Also, when people wake up for a few seconds after sleep paralization, it is perfectly normal to see things and feel like they are still in the dream temporarily until they wake up completely, it has nothing to do with mental state of health. When you have a very active brain like I do from studying in school and reading a lot, its more common for weird things to happen in your sleep. When I am on summer holiday, I almost never dream or experience any kind of sleep paralization, but when I am in school and actively reading for about 6-8 hours a day I dream pretty much every minute I sleep. My parents have even said they heard me talking and walking around one night in my sleep and I didn't even remember anything about it. I just thought what I saw was worth mentioning, since it could have to do with the supposed paranormal incidences I thought may have been occuring.

Also I might add that your use of commas is incorrect and that I can barely read your post. You might want to brush up on your English; you need to work on correct grammer and how to articulate with clarity.

I would like to point out that your "paranormal" visions are unhealthy, not only to you but also for people around you. Stop chasing ghosts or imaginary BS(imaginary friends for all I care), if you please.
If you can' t, than at least stop chasing vapour......

Furthermore, I will not attack you on your poor English because I am, in fact, Dutch. That might be a cause for exorcism, reading your last posts.:D

feisty goddess
Saturday, January 29th, 2011, 04:31 AM
I would like to point out that your "paranormal" visions are unhealthy, not only to you but also for people around you. Stop chasing ghosts or imaginary BS(imaginary friends for all I care), if you please.
If you can' t, than at least stop chasing vapour......

Furthermore, I will not attack you on your poor English because I am, in fact, Dutch. That might be a cause for exorcism, reading your last posts.:D

Your post makes no sense whatsoever, it just sounds like a bunch of rambling and I don't care for that matter. You have no understanding of the situation and its not your business.

GroeneWolf
Saturday, January 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Moved some off-topic posts to here (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=138658). Keep it to the subject.

feisty goddess
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 05:13 AM
My parents just came and asked me if I heard this strange noise on the other side of the house. I didn't hear what they heard, but I did hear a weird thump like something was moving around. They said it sounded like "ooh woo ooh wooooooo" and my dad joked that it was angels singing, but my mom looked seriously freaked out. They couldn't figure out what it was and thought maybe they heard an owl or dog outside but neither of those animals make that sound really and my dad was pretty sure it came from in the house somewhere. Does anyone with experience in paranormal stuff know what that was or if it could be related to the other things I thought were going on?

Totenkopf
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Some very interesting experiences in this thread. I myself was an atheist until about a year and a half ago when I unknowingly opened myself up to the demonic realm. Well, I guess you could just call it my spiritual awakening in general.

During this time frame I became fully immersed in this UFO alien phenomenon and would often watch very eerie footage from an underground source. Over the period of a couple months, I began to feel very different, and it was almost as if my thoughts were not my own. Not only that, but every night I would have these lucid dreams of grey aliens abducting people and performing these procedures.

I began to research it more and came across the testimony of a guy named Phil Schneider. He was an engineer who used to work with the US government on special projects like contruction on underground bases in Nevada, Utah etc. Right before he committed ''suicide'' he went on these tours all throughout the country claiming that the government was hiding grey aliens beneath the earth after his own encounter with them.

Unfortunately for Phil, he never learned the truth before he died. The thing that confirmed my suspicions and many others on these entities being demons is his description of the smell. Phil noted that these greys had the most repugnant odor, smelling exactly like burnt sulfur. And upon studying the bible and other demonic encounters, this was the exact same description that has been used.

Nephilim as they're called in the bible were fallen angels from Heaven, cast down to earth where they had affairs with the daughters of man. In fact, they reaped so much havoc, that scripture says they were cast beneath the earth until the coming of the anti-christ...

feisty goddess
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Some very interesting experiences in this thread. I myself was an atheist until about a year and a half ago when I unknowingly opened myself up to the demonic realm. Well, I guess you could just call it my spiritual awakening in general.

During this time frame I became fully immersed in this UFO alien phenomenon and would often watch very eerie footage from an underground source. Over the period of a couple months, I began to feel very different, and it was almost as if my thoughts were not my own. Not only that, but every night I would have these lucid dreams of grey aliens abducting people and performing these procedures.

I began to research it more and came across the testimony of a guy named Phil Schneider. He was an engineer who used to work with the US government on special projects like contruction on underground bases in Nevada, Utah etc. Right before he committed ''suicide'' he went on these tours all throughout the country claiming that the government was hiding grey aliens beneath the earth after his own encounter with them.

Unfortunately for Phil, he never learned the truth before he died. The thing that confirmed my suspicions and many others on these entities being demons is his description of the smell. Phil noted that these greys had the most repugnant odor, smelling exactly like burnt sulfur. And upon studying the bible and other demonic encounters, this was the exact same description that has been used.

Nephilim as they're called in the bible were fallen angels from Heaven, cast down to earth where they had affairs with the daughters of man. In fact, they reaped so much havoc, that scripture says they were cast beneath the earth until the coming of the anti-christ...

My mom was just so freaked out. I figured it had to be something they couldn't explain. I was just in the bathroom and think I may have just heard what they did, but I'm not sure. It seems to be coming from the basement. Just FYI, thinking and speculating about spirits every now and then will not be like opening yourself up to them will it?

Totenkopf
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 06:36 AM
thinking and speculating about spirits every now and then will not be like opening yourself up to them will it?

There is nothing wrong with being curious about these sorts of things, but be careful on how much energy you waste thinking about it. Demons can only be accepted into your life through the harboring of positive energy towards them. This is why people have reportedly been in contact with these entities through purposely seeking them through Ouija board for example.

If you seriously think there could be some sort of demonic manifestation in your home , I would highly recommend keeping a bible or crucifix nearby as Ralf Rossi already mentioned. Once I developed a personal relationship with Jesus, my anxiety and intrusive thoughts completely ceased.

feisty goddess
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 06:45 AM
There is nothing wrong with being curious about these sorts of things, but be careful on how much energy you waste thinking about it. Demons can only be accepted into your life through the harboring of positive energy towards them. This is why people have reportedly been in contact with these entities through purposely seeking them through Ouija board for example.

If you seriously think there could be some sort of demonic manifestation in your home , I would highly recommend keeping a bible or crucifix nearby as Ralf Rossi already mentioned. Once I developed a personal relationship with Jesus, my anxiety and intrusive thoughts completely ceased.

I have a bible in my room and try to think positive, happy thoughts about religion and God since I don't have much time to read it. The problem is when I'm really really creeped out by something, or scared I tend to focus on it a lot.

wivienne
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I have a bible in my room and try to think positive, happy thoughts about religion and God since I don't have much time to read it. The problem is when I'm really really creeped out by something, or scared I tend to focus on it a lot.

I would give you and advice just to try to be in a harmony with our world. Try to feel this world and understand it.Maybe then your intuition will help you. :)

GroeneWolf
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
They couldn't figure out what it was and thought maybe they heard an owl or dog outside but neither of those animals make that sound really and my dad was pretty sure it came from in the house somewhere. Does anyone with experience in paranormal stuff know what that was or if it could be related to the other things I thought were going on?

First of all is to find out if a more mundane explanation is possible. Second, I would not know what it is, since I usually do not hear such strange sounds. My experience on this terrain mostly involve images and feelings.

Ralf
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 08:08 PM
The thing that confirmed my suspicions and many others on these entities being demons is his description of the smell. Phil noted that these greys had the most repugnant odor, smelling exactly like burnt sulfur. And upon studying the bible and other demonic encounters, this was the exact same description that has been used.

Whilst I totally agree with the rest of your post Totenkopf, I do not recall scripture describing demonic encounters involving a smell, could you point me at the scriptures please?

The only reference I can recall of sulfur itself, was in the destruction of Sodem, and the valley of Gehenna ouside Jerusalem which was kepy burning with brimstone in its role as a rubbish dump, and to which Jesus compared the second death to in Revelation.

Totenkopf
Monday, February 14th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Sorry if I was misleading. But in those times brimstone was known as the equivalent of burning sulfur. There are many verses where God describes destroying the wicked with fire and brimstone.

Translated from King James version: http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=brimstone&qs_version=KJV

OneEye
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 05:32 AM
My friends & I have seen a creature, which we can only describe as something short and stocky, with long narrow ears, hunched back, and long rabbit like feet, short upper arms with claws, all black and ranging from 2-3 feet tall.

Does anyone know of a spirit, demon. Etc. that fits this description?

It is a common occurrence around my parts and many people have seen it. It is extremely fast, you can only catch glimpses of it, and it is never stationary.

For speculators, I do not drink heavily or do any type of narcotics.

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Well, I don't believe in ghosts, but let me share this experience I had recently with you guys. I was tossing and turning all night having weird, disturbing dreams. At one point I was experiencing a particularly disturbing dream, in which I was told details of a nightmare my mom had, and it became utterly unbearable. I immediately woke up and for a split second upon waking, I could swear there was a ghost hovering over my face. What I saw (and felt) was a big/flat, white/grayish circular face, with giant black eyes hanging over my face. I noticed it, and then it was gone. It was there for only a split second. It was creepy to say the least.

Totenkopf
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 07:36 AM
My friends & I have seen a creature, which we can only describe as something short and stocky, with long narrow ears, hunched back, and long rabbit like feet, short upper arms with claws, all black and ranging from 2-3 feet tall.

Does anyone know of a spirit, demon. Etc. that fits this description?

It is a common occurrence around my parts and many people have seen it. It is extremely fast, you can only catch glimpses of it, and it is never stationary.

For speculators, I do not drink heavily or do any type of narcotics.

Did it almost look like a gnome?

4EQO0VfBpt4

Hamar Fox
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I've had many encounters with the paranormal. As a child I was possessed by the spirit of a hobgoblin. It had haunted the family for a number of generations. According to family legend, my great great grandfather (who practised wizardry) slew the hobgoblin by summoning spirits from the local swamp, where thousands of witches were drowned in the middle ages. However, to summon them he needed to trade his soul and those of his descendants. The hobgoblin was killed, but its spirit was forever to haunt the family.

Anyway, when I was about six, I was possessed by this hobgoblin. I lived out about 4 years as the puppet of the hobgoblin's will. Most of my life during that time was a blur. It was like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. Apparently, from what others have told me, I committed a string of felonious endeavours during this time and was declared a local scoundrel and ragamuffin. Jesus eventually broke me free of the curse. After, Jesus turned to me and told me that at some point within the next few decades, I would find a shoe. The prophesy came true, and when I was in my late teens, as I was walking home from school, I discovered an abandoned shoe, just there at the side of the path, like it knew I was coming.

Of course I took it home and planted it in the garden. However, nothing happened and eventually I forgot about it. It wasn't until much later, several years in fact, that I started having dreams and visions of the shoe. It was in my head and I couldn't get it out. It was everywhere and everything, haunting me, taunting me. I felt I was going mad. I dug up the shoe in my garden and set it ablaze screaming, "Get out of my mind, evil shoe!!" and the shoe started screeching and as it did this it morphed into a leprechaun, THE leprechaun, the much famed and feared Seamus Patrick O'Gilhooley!! -- this was the shoe's true form!

These are just a few of the paranormal truths I've experienced in my lifetime.

OneEye
Thursday, February 17th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Did it almost look like a gnome?

4EQO0VfBpt4

A gnome is more humanoid, this was more creature like.

I heard it is a bad idea to draw pictures of what you have seen but that is the only to truly show what it looks like.

Ocko
Thursday, February 17th, 2011, 09:25 PM
it is called a nightMARE in popular talk. the mare is the pendant to Odins horse Sleipnir which brings him from one world to another. Most likely a reference to a trance state.

The 'mare' brings you into the world below the middleworld where some funny creatures live.

As a shaman I do make every morning protective exercises which keeps them away.

it is also necessary to clean out the bad energy through turning the chakras anticlockwise and let them wash out the energy, then you turn them clockwise. I do that under the shower.

There are 3 states of lifeenergy/prana/ki/chi/orgone/odic-force etc pp.

there is a 'stagnant' one, a balanced one, and a overagitated one.

those creatures are attracted to the stagnant one and go to people who have that.

this energy has a distinct behaviour, where it is concentrated more of it goes (in the bible it says who has is given more ((or something to that effect))).

Jesus as an non-corporate entity connected to the sun has good energy, in the balanced state. When you sufficiently call upon him he enters and drives that energy out, then you attract more of that energy and then those 'baddies' don't come back, they don't like the energy in the balanced state and it is bad for them (as theirs is bad for you).

As a heathen you also can call upon your chosen God, they have the same energy and I believe Odin even more so then Jesus/Baldur.

Edgard
Friday, April 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM

Take up an internal martial art and build your chi and it should boost any natural traits like that. Talking people around to not supporting Germanic extinction is a good use for it. Try Tai Chi but find a good teacher most are not, no short 24 form rubbish.

Hesse
Friday, May 13th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I've had quite a few experiences of the like but I'll share with you a short one that is happening right now. I have this small portable fan that I have set on my desk, but everytime I move it closer to me it slowly backs away and I have to keep moving it closer, but then again it will slowly back away moving itself in reverse again. ...

I don't know if its from really being caused by ghost activity but it's quite a strange occurence nevertheless.

bæny
Friday, May 13th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I don't think ghosts exist, although there have been places I've been to which have made me feel a considerable amount of unexplainable dread, which is slightly odd.

Astrid Runa
Saturday, June 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I quite often experience the paranormal. I'm open to these things and can often feel things and see things that other's cannot.

A few months ago, I was sitting here at my computer on MSN. It was late at night, nearing Midnight.
Out of nowhere, the lamp next to me starts flickering on and off. No buzzing noises to suggest that it was an electrical surge whatsoever.
I mentioned it to my friend, who I was talking to at the time on webcam. He said it was spooky, but was probably nothing more than my electrical field interfereing with that of the lamp.
I then looked at the feed of my webcam, and I saw that there appeared to be someone standing at the door, a shadowy figure. I turned to look and there was nothing there, but when I looked back into my webcam feed, the figure was still there. I asked my friend if he could see anything and he said that he could, that he thought it was my Grandad. I told him that I was the only one who was still up, that everyone else was still in bed.
I was freaked to say the least.

For weeks after this, I could feel a presence lingering over me, everywhere I went. It scared the Hell out of me, because it would just appear out of nowhere, like it was hiding, waiting for me to be alone and then appearing.
I eventually went to the local Magick store in Dundee, and straight away the woman behind the counter said "You've got a Demon following you". I asked her what I could do to get rid of it and she said to call upon the Arch Angel Michael and ask him to cut whatever bonds that were tying this Demon to me. So I went home and did so. I could feel Michael cutting the bonds with his sword, and the presence was gone.

Another freaky occurrance happened a while ago. Me and my friends were in Dundee. We went into a forum shopping center. We walked over to this one shop that was there. I'd seen that it was selling dream catchers with paintings of wolves on them, so I'd gone over to take a look. I was suddenly hit by this energy, this dark energy. And I wasn't the only one who felt it. My two friends did too. There was something screaming at me to move, to get out of the place, and so I did. I bolted out of there, outside onto the street. But this energy seemed to have latched onto me. So me and my friends went back to the Magick shop, and as soon as we stepped inside, the energy dissapeared. We were so spooked, I was actually crying because I was that scared. Never have I cried in fear, not even when facing my phobia of spiders. I have never cried in fear, but I did this time. I was terrified.
The woman who owned the shop said that the energy wasn't directed at me, but it sounded like someone was playing around with something they didn't understand, and we had just happened to feel it. I later found out that the shop we had been in was selling Ouija boards. Not a good sign. I never stepped inside that shop ever again, and to this day still don't go anywhere near it.

I have experienced a lot of paranormal and supernatural occurrences, and I find it extremley difficult to not believe in anything, especially after all my experiences and brushes with the Otherworld.
As you know, I have a tattoo on my lower right arm that says "Voice of The Otherworld". That was a nickname that I picked up after I appeared on the first song of Swiss FolkMetal band Eluveitie's "Everything Remains (As It Never Was)". The song is called "Otherworld", and I earned the nickname from both the members of the band and the fans on the Eluveitie Forums.
My resoning for sharing this is that, taking into consideration all that I have been through, seeing spirits, hearing them, I'm beginning to think that this nickname is more than just a nickname. It may very well be that I do have real ties to the Otherworld.
A small part of me hopes not.

Ralf
Saturday, June 4th, 2011, 11:29 PM
It may very well be that I do have real ties to the Otherworld.
A small part of me hopes not.

Please dont take offense at my suggestion, Astrid, just some advice you might wish to try if these things become worst for you than the pleasure you get from your current religion.

The Biblical teaching of the Pagan gods is that they are the lessor gods who fell from grace from the Almighty God, its were we get the Greek and Roman Histories of the gods who took human wives and gave birth to the demi-gods.

From Genesis 6 :- 1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them.

Ive allready pointed this out to Fiesty Godess I think, I know you are pretty from your pictures, just as the above scripture pointed out, these gods found human woman so attractive, that they took the form of man to have sexual relations with woman and gave birth to the Nepalim, the giants of old that you will remember from legend.
So, here are you, an attractive woman, and you are worshipping these gods, no wonder they will be following you around, they are the same entities that you can find on the other side of a ouija board.

Its interesting that the woman in the magik shop didnt get you to call on the gods Odin, Thor or Freyr to chase the demon away, the gods of your religion, but she knew the god that has the authority over the demons was Jesus, or Michael as is his angelic name.

Astrid Runa
Sunday, June 5th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I do not appreciate the attempt to convert me, Ralf Rossa.
I have already dabbled in Christianity, and I did not get from it what I get from Paganism. I follow the religion of my ancestors, the Vikings and the Celts.
Your Biblical teachings suggest that our Gods are lesser beings than your God, yet history would suggest otherwise. The Pyramids are older than the Bible.
This is not meant as an attack, merely an observation.

And the woman from the Magick shop is Pagan, not Christian. She wears a pentacle around her neck. She only chose Michael because she also dabbles in Angel-ology. She's an Angel-ologist. On many occasions have I also worked with the Angels, not because of Christianity, but because they have helped me in the past. Azrael saved my Gran. I was in a Guided meditation that called upon Chamiel. He was there in the room with me and listened to my problems.
Despite these Angelic encounters, however, I still follow the Norse Gods. I still strongly believe in them, and no amount of convincing on your part or any other Christians part will stop me from believing.

I do not wish to be The Voice of the Otherworld because I want to be normal. I never asked for any of this, but someone bestowed these abilities upon me before I was born into this body, so I really don't have a choice. I could renounce my religion, but that will not get rid of these abilities that I have. They were present even when I followed Christianity.

There are so many flaws within your religion, and I just can't follow a religion that demands respect and fear.

Meadhbh
Sunday, June 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Not only does christianity make odd demands of its people, to be honest, it seems very..dry to me. Besides no one god could be every where at once, that just doesn't make sense. Any how back on topic, for who ever said they were hearing voices and the like in their house a good cleansing should take care of the problem, and their relativly easy to do, and often use what you have on hand anyway.

Hesse
Sunday, June 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Not only does christianity make odd demands of its people, to be honest, it seems very..dry to me.

Believe what you want, but from my reading material it's the only way to avoid hell, which is a very unappealing place to me. That's why I choose to stick with christianity. ;)

Besides no one god could be every where at once, that just doesn't make sense.

Yes, the God in the Holy Bible, is THAT powerful. He is omnipotent and omnicient.

Alfadur
Sunday, June 5th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I've never been a religious person. I respect those who stick to their traditions (whether religious or not) out of respect, but blind religious superstition is something I associate with dumb peasants and Africa.

That said, it would be fun if gods and demons and poltergeists existed in real life.

Yes, the God in the Holy Bible, is THAT powerful. He is omnipotent and omnicient.
Omnipotent and omniscient, yet he didn't give you blond hair...

feisty goddess
Monday, June 6th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Not only does christianity make odd demands of its people, to be honest, it seems very..dry to me. Besides no one god could be every where at once, that just doesn't make sense. Any how back on topic, for who ever said they were hearing voices and the like in their house a good cleansing should take care of the problem, and their relativly easy to do, and often use what you have on hand anyway.

What if it was basically just one incident, and has never occured since? Is this common with spiritual entities? At Christmastime, I was home alone in the bathroom taking a shower in the evening and when I got out, I heard this thump thump thump sound from the other side of the house and a few minutes later the bathroom door shook. It was really weird and freaked me out big time. There was also another occurance before that where I think I felt something touching me, but that could have been a coincidence. Nothing else has happened since, except one case of sleep paralysis (which I think is probably a sign of a spiritual entity being near, I NEVER get that). Its not a problem any more at all, I'm just curious as to what it may have been so that I can be aware.

It is also not possible that I was hearing things. I definitely heard something, whether it was the washing machine, the dishwasher, the heat vent, or a spiritual entity, it was not in my head. I have very sharp senses and often pick up on things other people don't. I heard a loud crashing noise coming from the front porch one night and my mom insisted that it came from the master bath (she had been woken up by it too) but the next morning she discovered a decorative thing that had been knocked over on the porch.

Northern Paladin
Monday, June 6th, 2011, 04:10 AM
There was a whole crowd of ghosts on my street after the storm yesterday. I went outside after it stopped raining, and I saw like 200, more like 2000 ghosts all over the street. They were rising slowly and then disseminating into thin air mere feet above the street. It was also pretty humid, I wonder why...

Astrid Runa
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Well, I had another vision the other night.
The AllFather appeared in my dream.
I was standing on a cliff edge, looking out across a landscape that resembled the Scottish Highlands. I was wearing a cloak, and it was windy. Below me was a river, running silver in the overcast daylight.
I heard someone stand beside me, and I turned to look. Next to me stood Odhinn. I saw every detail of him clearly, from his white hair to his clothes. He was wearing a grey cloak. He looked at me with his one working eye. He spoke, telling me that I knew what my destiny was, that I knew the things I saw and felt weren't just my imagination, that they were very real.
I asked him why me, why was I chosen to see these things, why, if it was true that I was the Voice of The Otherworld, me?
He just smiled, and told me that it had been written long before I'd been born, that I had lived many lives in the past, all the lives I had lived had the same purpose. Having one foot in the World of the Living, and the other in the Otherworld was my destiny, and that soon, the purpose of my title would become clear.
He bid me farewell, then turned. I looked after him, but he was gone. Dissapeared. Overhead, I heard thunder, and then I woke up.

It was similar to the dream I'd had before I converted from Christianity to Norse Heathenry, in which Thor appeared to me and gave me a thorshammer necklace that resembled the one I saw in the shop the next day exactly.

Another premonition I had was a while ago. I must have been 15 at the time.
In the dream, I was walking down a large hallway. The walls were marble, and there were pillars. There were huge windows, and golden coloured curtains draped around them. I don't recall what I was wearing.
When I reached the end of the hallway, I looked upon a large full-length portrait. It was odd, because the portrait was of the ex-bassist of Lordi, Kalma. He was standing front-on, but his right arm was extended out to the side, and he was looking in the same direction. In his hand there was a necklace. I could see it quite clearly from where I stood. The necklace had red cords instead of a chain, and the pendant itself was circular. It was gold, and the inner circle was red, and on the inside of that was gold again. It was quite beautiful.
The next day, I went into a shop that my friends insisted we go into. It was a magick shop, but it also sold Gothic clothing and jewelery. I tended to avoid those places. So, we went into this shop, and as I was looking around, I spotted the oddest thing ever. The necklace that I'd seen in my dream was there, hanging on one of the jewelery hooks. I bought it immediately.

I've had premonitions pretty much my whole life. If you don't believe, then how do you explain the above dream? I'd never been in that shop before in my entire life, I'd never seen a picture of that necklace and I most certainly have never seen anyone wearing it. Infact, I have never seen anyone else with the same necklace, which I find odd.

feisty goddess
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Well, I had another vision the other night.
The AllFather appeared in my dream.
I was standing on a cliff edge, looking out across a landscape that resembled the Scottish Highlands. I was wearing a cloak, and it was windy. Below me was a river, running silver in the overcast daylight.
I heard someone stand beside me, and I turned to look. Next to me stood Odhinn. I saw every detail of him clearly, from his white hair to his clothes. He was wearing a grey cloak. He looked at me with his one working eye. He spoke, telling me that I knew what my destiny was, that I knew the things I saw and felt weren't just my imagination, that they were very real.
I asked him why me, why was I chosen to see these things, why, if it was true that I was the Voice of The Otherworld, me?
He just smiled, and told me that it had been written long before I'd been born, that I had lived many lives in the past, all the lives I had lived had the same purpose. Having one foot in the World of the Living, and the other in the Otherworld was my destiny, and that soon, the purpose of my title would become clear.
He bid me farewell, then turned. I looked after him, but he was gone. Dissapeared. Overhead, I heard thunder, and then I woke up.

It was similar to the dream I'd had before I converted from Christianity to Norse Heathenry, in which Thor appeared to me and gave me a thorshammer necklace that resembled the one I saw in the shop the next day exactly.

Another premonition I had was a while ago. I must have been 15 at the time.
In the dream, I was walking down a large hallway. The walls were marble, and there were pillars. There were huge windows, and golden coloured curtains draped around them. I don't recall what I was wearing.
When I reached the end of the hallway, I looked upon a large full-length portrait. It was odd, because the portrait was of the ex-bassist of Lordi, Kalma. He was standing front-on, but his right arm was extended out to the side, and he was looking in the same direction. In his hand there was a necklace. I could see it quite clearly from where I stood. The necklace had red cords instead of a chain, and the pendant itself was circular. It was gold, and the inner circle was red, and on the inside of that was gold again. It was quite beautiful.
The next day, I went into a shop that my friends insisted we go into. It was a magick shop, but it also sold Gothic clothing and jewelery. I tended to avoid those places. So, we went into this shop, and as I was looking around, I spotted the oddest thing ever. The necklace that I'd seen in my dream was there, hanging on one of the jewelery hooks. I bought it immediately.

I've had premonitions pretty much my whole life. If you don't believe, then how do you explain the above dream? I'd never been in that shop before in my entire life, I'd never seen a picture of that necklace and I most certainly have never seen anyone wearing it. Infact, I have never seen anyone else with the same necklace, which I find odd.

This was very fascinating and entertaining to read. I don't want to offend you since you consider paganism your religion, but you really should write novels about what you are describing. There hasn't been a whole lot of fantasy written with paganistic themes to my knowledge but I'm sure people would love to read about it.

I too have felt that I have the ability to detect the future (not like you are describing of course), ever since I was a child so I don't doubt what you're saying one bit. It seems to have gotten "stronger" with age as I've gotten more educated.

The first major epiphany I had concerning my ability was when I tried to make a bet for my father at a horse race at 14. I had always been fascinated with horse races, because I was horse crazy and I had also watched them on t.v. many times, predicting the results with some uncanny accuracy. This time, it was a real live one and I had a chance to make some money, so I didn't want to mess it up.

Before the race, they walked the horses around in a ring and you would go up and see them in order to make your bet. So I did what I had always done, I took a quick look at each one, concentrating really hard. Then I closed my eyes, imaging the race play out and quickly took the first instincts that came to mind. My dad decided to bet some small amount, like 40 bucks, and I had my bet all placed and was affirmative that mine was better than his. He said that he would place his own bet, but give me the money if we won anything. Later we found out that he would have made hundreds of dollars had he taken my bet, because I had gotten the top 5 almost exactly correct. :(

Nowadays, I have realized I also have the ability to predict people's talents and can also guess the answer to a multiple choice question without reading it. One example is when I was watching a game show on t.v., and this middle aged woman was playing I thought hmm she must be really good with language. I had not heard her say anything about her background, and had just simply watched her for a few seconds. About two minutes later she told the host about how she speaks Portugese, some asian language, German, and a bunch of others. I hadn't even been trying to predict anything, it just came to me like a little intrusive thought. It seems that when I try to predict something, even if I'm concentrating really hard, it doesn't work as well. The best premonitions come spontaneously.

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I have never been lucky enough to see a ghost, but my stepfather saw one twice.

I hope I never see one, because if I do I'm affraid my wallet will suffer great losses.

Cuchulainn
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Coming late to the thread(sorry), but being a Christian I do believe in spirits besides God, angels, and demons. I have had some very strange things happen around me such as the sleep paralysis(lying with eyes open and feeling like something evil was keeping me from moving, felt like I finally escaped and broke out in a cold sweat), strong feelings of deja-vue like I had seen things happen before, even a vision of my dead grandfather talking to me after his death (easily contributed to stress), hearing strange noises while alone (usually followed by checking the house with .45 in hand:D). My point being, there are unexplicable events happening that I would attribute to something supernatural, and I believe strong prayer can not only keep those undesirable things from happening, but give you peace and confidence if they do. There is a spiritual enemy out there, mainstream media and the scoffing of atheists may make it an unpopular belief, but I have experienced enough to be sure of my convictions.

feisty goddess
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Coming late to the thread(sorry), but being a Christian I do believe in spirits besides God, angels, and demons. I have had some very strange things happen around me such as the sleep paralysis(lying with eyes open and feeling like something evil was keeping me from moving, felt like I finally escaped and broke out in a cold sweat), strong feelings of deja-vue like I had seen things happen before, even a vision of my dead grandfather talking to me after his death (easily contributed to stress), hearing strange noises while alone (usually followed by checking the house with .45 in hand:D). My point being, there are unexplicable events happening that I would attribute to something supernatural, and I believe strong prayer can not only keep those undesirable things from happening, but give you peace and confidence if they do. There is a spiritual enemy out there, mainstream media and the scoffing of atheists may make it an unpopular belief, but I have experienced enough to be sure of my convictions.

I find it uncanny the way I experienced the bout of sleep paralysis a few days away from the bathroom door incident. It was so creepy, I had fallen asleep some sleepy late afternoon after class, and woke up around 8 'o clock, completely paralyzed and unable to move or talk for over a minute and 30 secs. I thought I saw something moving in the air, but it could have just been a hallucination from still being in a dream state while awake.

Autosomal Viking
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I used to believe in ghosts. I used to also be afraid of a monster under my bed when the lights were off. :| But then I began to grow up and challenged anything unearthly or imagined to try to hurt me, which it never did.

Nowadays I operate with science and reason but do admit that I don't know everything in the world (or other dimensions/worlds).

EQ Fighter
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 06:58 AM

Realistically from a Biblical Tradition I would say that even the Jews were not Mono Theist until later on.

This being said I think what Religion is, no matter it be Heathen or Christian, or what have you, is an attempt to describe a dynamic that occurs, that is not understood by science.

What Pagans might have called "The Gods" Christianity might call "The Angels".

So in reality what you have is a terminology difference.

But fact is what is really going on is still a bit beyond the scientific horizon as we see today.

Although I do think science is now beginning to bump up on these things with theories that are more or less religions themselves such as "String Theory".

Cuchulainn
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I used to believe in ghosts. I used to also be afraid of a monster under my bed when the lights were off. :| But then I began to grow up and challenged anything unearthly or imagined to try to hurt me, which it never did.

Nowadays I operate with science and reason but do admit that I don't know everything in the world (or other dimensions/worlds).

I agree that most times when someone claims a supernatural occurence(mine probably included) it can usually be explained by a natural cause. Yet the problem with applying science to things that seemingly only happen when one is alone, is that you don't have an opportunity to apply any scientific theory. As for reason, its not reasonable to assume that the "supernational" is in any way reasonable.

Cuchulainn
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Realistically from a Biblical Tradition I would say that even the Jews were not Mono Theist until later on.

I agree, there are multiple instances where the Isrealites disobeyed God and took up idol worship, for which they were severly punished.

This being said I think what Religion is, no matter it be Heathen or Christian, or what have you, is an attempt to describe a dynamic that occurs, that is not understood by science.

Religion in and of itself is an emotional experience. While science can map the physical and chemical occurences that take place in the human body and brain during an emotional event, unless the impetus behind that emotion can be scientifically observed then scientific principle cannot be applied. Emotion is inherently unscientific, unrational, and illogical.:D

What Pagans might have called "The Gods" Christianity might call "The Angels".

So in reality what you have is a terminology difference.

A semantic argument that niether christains or pagans will agree with.

But fact is what is really going on is still a bit beyond the scientific horizon as we see today.

Agreed

Although I do think science is now beginning to bump up on these things with theories that are more or less religions themselves such as "String Theory".

I don't think they can be described as religions due to the fact that religion deals with morals and decidedly unscientific facts. Of coarse the devotion some people dedicate to those highly theoretical sciences ("theoretical science" sounds kinda oxymoronic...) is borderline worship.:D

arvak
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I do not know if it is of any interest to you? but people demonise spirits through ignorance. I would say to you this, if you feel some one touch you, say on the arm, or face it would be a dream spirit of a ancestor who wishes to get in touch with you. When it is a maleovent spirit you will feel agitation and uneasyness and become irritable in your manner. If you are interacting with tarot or other divination forms protect yourself before you divine. The symbol of protection is the algiz rune made by a fire lighter against a black back ground. This leaves a after image which will protect you from harmfull entities. When you see the essence leave the body it means the spirit fetch is moving out in form journeying. When you go to houses or other burial sites or places, if you are psychic the aura is receptive to these energies and you recieve their information as images and feelings. There are three levels in which the inner world operates. Higher, middle, lower. The energies which we emit by thought we also attract. So if you work at a constructive higher state of consciousness you attract those energies. If middle neutral energies lower thoughts debased energies operating and would be attracted. From recognition I find that when operating at a higher level the lower beings which operate in others with draw from me as the soul light is to powerfull. This is how we create friends as others reflect such energies that are in harmony to our own soul light. I hope this of help to you.

Ralf
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I do not know if it is of any interest to you? but people demonise spirits through ignorance. I would say to you this, if you feel some one touch you, say on the arm, or face it would be a dream spirit of a ancestor who wishes to get in touch with you. When it is a maleovent spirit you will feel agitation and uneasyness and become irritable in your manner. If you are interacting with tarot or other divination forms protect yourself before you divine. The symbol of protection is the algiz rune made by a fire lighter against a black back ground. This leaves a after image which will protect you from harmfull entities. When you see the essence leave the body it means the spirit fetch is moving out in form journeying. When you go to houses or other burial sites or places, if you are psychic the aura is receptive to these energies and you recieve their information as images and feelings. There are three levels in which the inner world operates. Higher, middle, lower. The energies which we emit by thought we also attract. So if you work at a constructive higher state of consciousness you attract those energies. If middle neutral energies lower thoughts debased energies operating and would be attracted. From recognition I find that when operating at a higher level the lower beings which operate in others with draw from me as the soul light is to powerfull. This is how we create friends as others reflect such energies that are in harmony to our own soul light. I hope this of help to you.

Now in my more practicing theological days, I encountered those who interacted with the spirits, spirits who could convince of their goodness and usefulness, but that would then reveal their true malevolent nature once you had opened the door that is very difficult to close.
Some poor souls having to turn to ever more powerfull entities to protect them from the increasing violence of the previous.

What advice would you give people in how to differentiate between a seemingly good spirit who will turn bad once you have "let it in", compared to a genuine good spirit who will remain good?

Edgard
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Now in my more practicing theological days, I encountered those who interacted with the spirits, spirits who could convince of their goodness and usefulness, but that would then reveal their true malevolent nature once you had opened the door that is very difficult to close.
Some poor souls having to turn to ever more powerfull entities to protect them from the increasing violence of the previous.

What advice would you give people in how to differentiate between a seemingly good spirit who will turn bad once you have "let it in", compared to a genuine good spirit who will remain good?

Yes it is best to keep the walls up to things like that. I am not saying fear everything but you don't have to let it get a grip on you because you think its not evil. Why not take the "thats nice now bye bye" stand with things like that. Much safer.

feisty goddess
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I've actually always felt like I've had someone watching over me; I've sensed this since I was an older child. Originally before the weird incidents I thought I may have been communicating intuitively with my grandmother who died middle aged from being killed in the nursing home and from MS (she died in a lot of pain, before it was recognized as a real disorder :(). I think this because our personalities are so much alike so I could be the easiest person for her to communicate with. I've read a lot of the things she wrote (she liked to write stories just like me :P) and our thoughts and ways of speaking sound exactly the same. I was the only one of the siblings she never met, so perhaps she did pass by at some point and in the process she somehow attracted some other entity to me which caused the weird stuff. I've been quite reluctant to accept that its a family member, because it almost feels a little bit like harrasment, but maybe whoever this spirit is needs help.

I have felt strange all of adolescense in regards to the subject of childbirth, like I was pushing myself to have a child "because I could barely stand it any more" when I didn't really want to, so maybe these strange occurances have to do with a family member that is trying to "reincarnate." At least I hope so, I don't think its a good idea to fully accept that though.

Hamar Fox
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I've had a fair few paranormal experiences lately. For the past few months, I've been having these weird experiences at night. Between falling asleep and waking up I'd feel like I was in a different place, looking at myself from without. Sometimes I wouldn't look like me. The thing is during these experiences I didn't know what was happening. I wasn't aware of my other life. I've been having these experiences since I was a child, but lately they've been stranger. Things that happen when I'm asleep started happening in real life. Like one time I experienced a rainstorm. About 5-6 days later, it rained outside while I was actually awake. The creepiest experience, though, was when I experienced finding a photo album that was just lying there waiting to be found. There was this ominous vibe surrounding it. When I woke up, I decided to look through the family photo album. What I saw chilled me. In the album there were photos of people just there. Not doing anything but standing there, staring right at me in the picture, all looking towards me. I have no idea how to interpret this, but I'm actually feeling scared for my life. I daren't even go in the room where the album is, and I'm scared even to sleep now. I'd definitely like some advice.

feisty goddess
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I've had a fair few paranormal experiences lately. For the past few months, I've been having these weird experiences at night. Between falling asleep and waking up I'd feel like I was in a different place, looking at myself from without. Sometimes I wouldn't look like me. The thing is during these experiences I didn't know what was happening. I wasn't aware of my other life. I've been having these experiences since I was a child, but lately they've been stranger. Things that happen when I'm asleep started happening in real life. Like one time I experienced a rainstorm. About 5-6 days later, it rained outside while I was actually awake. The creepiest experience, though, was when I experienced finding a photo album that was just lying there waiting to be found. There was this ominous vibe surrounding it. When I woke up, I decided to look through the family photo album. What I saw chilled me. In the album there were photos of people just there. Not doing anything but standing there, staring right at me in the picture, all looking towards me. I have no idea how to interpret this, but I'm actually feeling scared for my life. I daren't even go in the room where the album is, and I'm scared even to sleep now. I'd definitely like some advice.

Was this photo album really something strange that you've never seen before? Are you sure that no one could have broken into your house? You need to call in a demonologist immediately (though that could actually make things worse). If you can't do that, I would suggest staying in a hotel while you sell your house and have your things moved to a condo or apartment. I would be wary of staying at a friends or relatives house, because you could make "it" (if it actually is a demon) harass them and you don't want to do that, because its probably going to do whatever its going to do to you. I don't want to scare you, but if what you're saying is true, you're in a dangerous situation and you should know.

Wychaert
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I would be wary of staying at a friends or relatives house, because you could make "it" (if it actually is a demon) harass them and you don't want to do that, because its probably going to do whatever its going to do to you. I don't want to scare you, but if what you're saying is true, you're in a dangerous situation and you should know.

Whats the worst thing that could happen?
I mean what can a demon do then?

Astrid Runa
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Whats the worst thing that could happen?
I mean what can a demon do then?

What's the worst that could happen?
You have never encountered a Demon before, have you? They are nasty things that can do a great deal of damage to you or whoever they come into contact with.

Wittmann
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
You have never encountered a Demon before, have you? They are nasty things that can do a great deal of damage to you or whoever they come into contact with.

What can they actually do?

Couldn't you simply do an exorcism with some words from the Holy Book?

Hamar Fox
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Do you think the demons/ghosts I saw in the photographs could kill me? They were very, very ominous. They were just standing there in the pictures, just looking right at me, all facing the same way. The scariest thing about them was that they looked like real people. Some even looked like members of my own family. How can I be sure they don't assume the form of my family in real life?

Wychaert
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM

No I have never encountered a Demon, Because I really think they dont exist(Im 99,9% sure).
But suppose if they do exist, What Can they do? Get into your body or 'being'?
Do they make you say evil nasty words and phrases?
Or in the worst case turn a head 360 degrees around?

I think its all to Hollywoodish IMO:)

Astrid Runa
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Demons can possess you. It's very possible, especially if you're a sensitive. And once they have possessed you, they can do a massive amount of damage physically and mentally.

Edgard
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Demons can possess you. It's very possible, especially if you're a sensitive. And once they have possessed you, they can do a massive amount of damage physically and mentally.

A wile back I kept getting the feeling something was asking to come in. I would suddenly get a odd and dark thought and a sense of something being offered, It lasted about 6 weeks.

It was in the run up to my baptism eventually I recognised it as an external attack and temptation, in the end it was almost amusing, kinda like "good try but not this time" after that and getting baptised it stopped more or less.

I do feel looking back on it that something wanted in on my life and it was very dark at the same time as very alluring. Still it was never going to get me I am to strong even though I have been having a hard time this year :thumbup

I still get an echo of it but its not nearly so strong.

feisty goddess
Thursday, June 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Demons have been known to physically attack and eventually kill people, esp when they do very extreme things like leaving a tangible object. There are quite a few reports all over the world about people having knives thrown in their faces etc. Just simply having dark thoughts does NOT mean you are posessed or even being messed with at all though, because demons don't mess around. If they weren't crazily angry, jealous, or vengeful they wouldn't be a demon in the first place. The reason why demons want to posses people is because they want to bring them down to their level and kill them, so that they go wherever they are.

This is why they will attack people who are "easy game." People who are depressed, forlorn, have no one to turn to or protect them, people who have done terrible/evil things, or are lost and confused. It usually takes a combination though, and other times its familial and has nothing to do with the person themselves which seems quite apparent in the case of Hamar Fox. It would be too much work and too little chance of having success to repeatedly harrass someone like me for example, because I've got people around me who care about me and am extremely morally sensitive. Unless there is some familial thing going on, 99.9% of the time the person being haunted repeatedly is easy game.

@hamar fox I hate to give advice because demons are unpredictable, but in the short term you should avoid any contact with your family to avoid making it madder, it sounds like there is some kind of "deal" that was made by one of your ancestors that it is not letting go of. When you hire a demonologist, make sure you get someone that is experienced in dealing with them (very important, don't hire a "ghost buster") and will not bail out. Always sleep in a place that would be "inconvenient" to haunt, like a hotel or something until the demonologist deals with things.

Wittmann
Friday, June 10th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Demons have been known to physically attack and eventually kill people, esp when they do very extreme things like leaving a tangible object. There are quite a few reports all over the world about people having knives thrown in their faces etc. Just simply having dark thoughts does NOT mean you are posessed or even being messed with at all though, because demons don't mess around. If they weren't crazily angry, jealous, or vengeful they wouldn't be a demon in the first place. The reason why demons want to posses people is because they want to bring them down to their level and kill them, so that they go wherever they are.

This is why they will attack people who are "easy game." People who are depressed, forlorn, have no one to turn to or protect them, people who have done terrible/evil things, or are lost and confused. It usually takes a combination though, and other times its familial and has nothing to do with the person themselves which seems quite apparent in the case of Hamar Fox. It would be too much work and too little chance of having success to repeatedly harrass someone like me for example, because I've got people around me who care about me and am extremely morally sensitive. Unless there is some familial thing going on, 99.9% of the time the person being haunted repeatedly is easy game.

@hamar fox I hate to give advice because demons are unpredictable, but in the short term you should avoid any contact with your family to avoid making it madder, it sounds like there is some kind of "deal" that was made by one of your ancestors that it is not letting go of. When you hire a demonologist, make sure you get someone that is experienced in dealing with them (very important, don't hire a "ghost buster") and will not bail out. Always sleep in a place that would be "inconvenient" to haunt, like a hotel or something until the demonologist deals with things.

As I said, could he not simply have an exorcism preformed on himself, or the object/location that is being haunted and or possessed?

Meadhbh
Friday, June 10th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah you can. But you can't just stroll in get one done and leave in five minutes. They tend to be complex rituals and the like involved and then there is always the risk of being repossessed, more so if the demon or spirit in question was comfortable in what ever body it hijacked. Then of course there is the concern of what happens to the host so to speak.

Astrid Runa
Friday, June 10th, 2011, 06:58 PM
While the majority of Demons are indeed malicious and evil and are Hellbent on possessing people who are "easy game", there are a few out there who are not as evil as others.
As I have said before, not all demons possess. Some people are born with demonic tendencies, and that does not necessarily make them evil. Nor does being born an Angelic make you pure and innocent.
As I said, I can see things that others cannot see. The majority of people I look at are either Demonic or Angelic. It's incredibly easy to tell who is what.
But again, being Demonic does not make you evil. I know someone, a Demon, who I call my Guardian Demon. It's because he looks out for me, and I often feel his presence around me when I feel uncomfortable or when I am alone. His presence makes me feel better, safer oddly. He's not malicious, and he is not out to possess me, for he has a human form already.
I know it sounds crazy to someone outside of this odd friendship, but it does exist, and so does he.

feisty goddess
Friday, June 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
While the majority of Demons are indeed malicious and evil and are Hellbent on possessing people who are "easy game", there are a few out there who are not as evil as others.
As I have said before, not all demons possess. Some people are born with demonic tendencies, and that does not necessarily make them evil. Nor does being born an Angelic make you pure and innocent.
As I said, I can see things that others cannot see. The majority of people I look at are either Demonic or Angelic. It's incredibly easy to tell who is what.
But again, being Demonic does not make you evil. I know someone, a Demon, who I call my Guardian Demon. It's because he looks out for me, and I often feel his presence around me when I feel uncomfortable or when I am alone. His presence makes me feel better, safer oddly. He's not malicious, and he is not out to possess me, for he has a human form already.
I know it sounds crazy to someone outside of this odd friendship, but it does exist, and so does he.

I think I know what you mean. People who are demonic tend to be more agressive, narrow-minded, jealous, selfish, and insensitive while angelic people tend to be caring, soft-hearted, open minded, unselfish, and morally sensitive. Neither are usually more evil than the other, just have a different manner and way of doing things. Is that about right? Is it personality traits or just something you see when you observe a person? If so I think I'd be more on the demonic side because I am more selfish and agressive, I have always been this way, ever since birth.

Hesse
Friday, June 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think I know what you mean. People who are demonic tend to be more agressive, narrow-minded, jealous, selfish, and insensitive while angelic people tend to be caring, soft-hearted, open minded, unselfish, and morally sensitive. Neither are usually more evil than the other, just have a different manner and way of doing things. Is that about right? Is it personality traits or just something you see when you observe a person? If so I think I'd be more on the demonic side because I am more selfish and agressive, I have always been this way, ever since birth.

Well my German morfar was definitely an angel then.

I'm also an angel but I'm an angel with one wing in the fire, must be because of my Norwegian formar.

feisty goddess
Friday, June 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Maybe my mother (and her sisters) should be drafted over to Germany. She's hell bent on work work work and refuses to be a housewife, unfortunately. Yea, that's all she does pretty much.

Well my German morfar was definitely an angel then.

I'm also an angel but I'm an angel with one wing in the fire, must be because of my Norwegian formar.

Huh?

Astrid Runa
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM

Kinda.
Demonics tend to be quicker to anger, more aggressive, more.... cheeky and shameless, whereas Angelics tend to be exactly the opposite. I'm a mix of both, to be honest.
But what I mean by Demonics and Angelics is that eons ago, Demons and Angels did what the Gods of old did and took human partners, and had children, making them Demonic or Angelic, depending on the ilk of the Father. I also read somewhere that Demons and Angels sometimes had children together, making their children half and half or fully Angel or Demon.
It sounds crazy, I know, but I can See the children of these beings. They look human, but they are far from it. As I said, I reckon I'm half an half. I have an explosive temper, I'm quick to anger, I can be shameless a lot of the time, spontaneous and just all round bad. But then there are times when I'm exactly the opposite.
That's not to say that Demonics don't care, or that Angelics do. That would be a generalisation right there.

Hesse
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM
All to often I see the Angelic types being demonized and the Demons (hot temper, being quick to anger) being praised. That's a huge insult to my grandfather.

Balders gate
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I must say these are very interesting to read. I didn't use to believe but about 10 years ago I felt something behind me and my hairs stood on end and I could see the image in the corner of my eye. It scared me a little. Since then I have felt things standing next to me in the woods I walk in almost everday. This has only happen a couple of times so it is no big deal. I have know people who have witness or felt evil staring right at them or have seen a blueish glow of satan staring at them. I also believe you can attract these kinds of things into your life by doing certain things but if you go about your life without upsetting spirits you usually do not feel a bad presence around. These is a very intersting subject to be sure.

Astrid Runa
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I must say these are very interesting to read. I didn't use to believe but about 10 years ago I felt something behind me and my hairs stood on end and I could see the image in the corner of my eye. It scared me a little. Since then I have felt things standing next to me in the woods I walk in almost everday. This has only happen a couple of times so it is no big deal. I have know people who have witness or felt evil staring right at them or have seen a blueish glow of satan staring at them. I also believe you can attract these kinds of things into your life by doing certain things but if you go about your life without upsetting spirits you usually do not feel a bad presence around. These is a very intersting subject to be sure.

I never did anything to upset anything. I've been experiencing these things since I was a little girl, too young to meddle with anything. I never asked for any of this. It just happened. It's my destiny.

Hamar Fox
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 09:57 PM
A lot of it has to do with satellites. I usually wear tinfoil under my cap to keep out the alien rays, and ever since I started doing that Mr Blobby molests me in my sleep much less regularly.

Ocko
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Also depends in what state you are, alpha, beta,theta or delta.

In the beta state you most likely won't feel anything.

children are pretty good to see them until they are 'taught' that they are not there.

Northern Paladin
Monday, June 13th, 2011, 02:56 AM
A lot of it has to do with satellites. I usually wear tinfoil under my cap to keep out the alien rays, and ever since I started doing that Mr Blobby molests me in my sleep much less regularly.

So were you actually being serious about the shoe-leprechaun and your evil ancestors? :D

---

Anyway, I thought I'd elaborate on my previous post.

My stepfather saw a ghost twice, and he was perfectly sober on both occasions.

The first time it happened was in the mid 1980s. He was working as a cook for a monsignor in Los Angeles California at the time, and would come home late at night on a regular basis. He lived with his then girlfriend and infant son (from a previous marriage) in a humble apartment. One night he came home exceptionally tired and went straight to bed. He felt quite uncomfortable and woke up about two hours later. Upon waking he saw an older (around 40 years of age) and very handsome-looking gentleman dressed in a fine suit standing in front of his bed. It looked extremely real, almost as if it was solid because it was seemingly being illuminated by the light coming in from the street. He freaked out thinking he was being robbed. He awoke his girlfriend, and turned on the lamp by his bed and looked only to find that the ghost was no longer there.

The second time it happened was more recently. We had a pair of very pleasant neighbors, a mother and daughter who had lived there practically their entire lives. The daughter must have been somewhere in her late 40s early 50s and the mother was probably approaching her mid 80s. The mother died in 2004, and shortly after her mother’s death the daughter decided to sell the house. About 7 months to a year after the mother died, and the daughter had moved out, a new Puerto-Rican family had moved into the house. One time my stepfather was sitting around on the back porch late at night (around 11PM) and saw the deceased mother walking around in the back yard complaining about not being able to find anything. She was upset because the new owners had rearranged everything inside the house and in the yard, and had removed her favorite garden gnomes. My stepfather recognized her instantly, and even attempted to talk to her. She responded, telling him she could not find anything in its proper place. He blinked only once and she was gone.

I too had some weird experiences when I was a kid. I would oftentimes wake up early at dawn to hear a weird buzzing sound somewhere deep inside the walls of the house. It was as if somebody was watching TV, or playing the radio in another room because the buzzing noise faintly resembled muffled talking, but that could not have been possible as everyone was sound asleep. Whenever I got up to investigate the sound it invariably died down and disappeared completely. It even disappeared whenever I sat up in my bed. Weird.

I would also have sleep paralysis accompanied by really vivid, sometimes psychedelic visions quite frequently.

feisty goddess
Monday, June 13th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I too had some weird experiences when I was a kid. I would oftentimes wake up early at dawn to hear a weird buzzing sound somewhere deep inside the walls of the house. It was as if somebody was watching TV, or playing the radio in another room because the buzzing noise faintly resembled muffled talking, but that could not have been possible as everyone was sound asleep. Whenever I got up to investigate the sound it invariably died down and disappeared completely. It even disappeared whenever I sat up in my bed. Weird.

I would also have sleep paralysis accompanied by really vivid, sometimes psychedelic visions quite frequently.

I too have experienced hearing muffled voices and whatnot, my mom and dad have also, thinking the t.v or radio was on late at night when it wasn't. I have also heard this strange noise from time to time, mostly during the morning or afternoon. It sounds kind of like a violin or some sort of stringed instrument being tuned, but its very abrupt. It could of course be a coincidence, like some noise an appliance makes, but I highly doubt it, I remember hearing it during early childhood too. What's weird is my sister learned to play the violin, and would practice in our house all the time when she was in high school. :|

Hamar Fox
Tuesday, June 14th, 2011, 12:35 AM
So were you actually being serious about the shoe-leprechaun and your evil ancestors? :D

No, well, I was lying about the evil ancestors, but the shoe-leprechaun thing was 100% truthful :D

I don't think anything experienced/remembered as a kid counts. Kids have wild imaginations and not enough experience and knowledge of the world to rationally order reality or separate it from fantasy. A shadow becomes the shape of Freddy Kreuger, the shape of Freddy Krueger becomes the real Freddie Kreuger who the kid sees for a split second before he bolts out of the house. Then that memory is further embellished over the next few hours as the kid mulls over what on Earth just happened. Years later when the memory is finally resurrected, time has already distorted it beyond recognition. Fancy fills in for gaps in the memory, your childish interpretation becomes remembered as fact, having no other standard to contrast it with, the real experience becomes interweaved with dreams about the incident that you can no longer distinguish from the real event etc.

As a kid, I used to 'see' the figures move on the banner that ran all around my bedroom when the lights were out. All it had on it was the alphabet and pictures of teddybears, but I was sure it was haunted :D I also used to see things like the queen's head as it appears on coins in Britain in the mirror in my room -- but, again, only when the lights were out. Now, not even the superstitious in this thread would argue these things actually happened, absurd as they are. But if I tweaked the story a bit, and just said I saw faces in the mirror, that'd creep everyone out and be 'proof' that I'd experienced the paranormal. If I were superstitiously inclined, I could probably even convince myself that's what I saw.

What you heard could well have just been tinnitus, which I also have and had even worse as a kid. You probably convinced yourself it had some other source and you probably forced words into what you heard. I also used to try and make words and voices out of the ringing in my ears as a child.

I'm glad I've never had that. I've never slept on my back, so that might be why. But I hear it's really common. A lot of things that happen shortly after waking could be attributed to sleep paralysis or related brain function. Sometimes, after waking, part of your brain continues to dream. That usually comes with paralysis, but I imagine it can also happen without it, which might explain at least one of your step-father's experiences.

feisty goddess
Tuesday, June 14th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I agree that tinnitus is probably the cause for many "paranormal" sounds, but the stringed instrument tuning sound that I hear every now and then is most definitely not a product of tinnitus, because other people have heard it too and its quite loud and clear. :| I know because I have mild to moderate tinnitus from turning my headphones up too loud as a young girl and sometimes sounds become a bit distorted.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, June 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM

Kids, like their adult counterparts are either really smart or really not. I for one was able to distinguish between reality and fantasy from a fairly young age, and consequently don’t have many interesting stories of my own to write about, except for this one. To be honest, I only included it for the sake of discussion. I don’t really know what they were. I guess it could have been tinnitus, but maybe a better explanation would be the furnace, or most likely a congregation of birds on the roof above my room.

I'm glad I've never had that.

I used to dread them, but now I kind of miss the really vivid ones because I know they can’t hurt me. My sleep paralysis episodes were usually accompanied by an uncomfortable chill, a wind-on-the-ears type sound, and an all-around feeling of intense fear. Every now and then they featured some sort of strange monster, usually just an ambiguous mysterious presence in the room, but oftentimes something discernible like a sharp-nosed, pale-faced man dressed in a black suit, or a Cyclops. Never any grays, unfortunately. My psychadelic sleep paralysis episodes had their onset at the age of 7 and lasted through about 12 or 13. I still get sleep paralysis but the episodes are much less interesting.

So you’ve never experienced sleep-paralysis? I read somewhere that most people experience sleep paralysis only a few times in their lives, but I experienced it hundreds of times in my childhood and early teen-years. I think I must have some sort of record going :D too bad I can’t prove it :P

Gardisten
Friday, August 26th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Sleep paralysis is certainly an unnerving experience, which I've had three or four times so far. I suppose it could be different depending on the person having it, but in my experience I can't see how it could be an "explanation" for alien abductions and other paranormal experiences.

Tripredacus
Wednesday, September 7th, 2011, 06:14 AM
How to approach this... I've experienced many things. Invisible things, Shadows that move about that are not based on local objects...

Seeing things go through multiple walls. Seeing things cast bright lights and shadows and speaking without words. Seeing things with other people besides myself. Best example from years ago:

I was sleeping with my gf at the time but then I woke up. There was a Shadow in the room. I've seen them before but this one was something else. My GF woke up and saw it (I think) and grabbed my arm so hard I bled from her nails. The next morning, she says "I had the strangest dream" and recounted the same thing I saw. But I didn't tell her that at first, until about 10 minutes later I had to tell her. She freaked out something bad. Ah well.

Feeling things in certain areas on my own... And feeling things in certain areas with animals that dare no enter those areas.

Its all pretty natural to me.

BritishLad
Monday, September 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
In Newby Church Ripon in North Yorkshire a famous photo of a freaky ghost was taken in the 1960s.

In the 1960s the reverand took a photo of the altar of his church and once it was developed he saw a scary-looking ghost standing on the first step of the altar off to the right of the photo.

In relation to the altar the ghost appears to be at least 9'0 (2.74 metres) and is semi-transparent, it also wears a black cloak which covers its feet and hands (leading most to believe its the ghost of a monk), the face appears to be like a scream mask, it has two black pits for eyes and an open mouth. Who or what the creature is remains a mystery and it has not been seen of since, the church also has no history of paranormal activity. Because they only time the ghost has been seen is on one photo it is unknown if it is harmless or even notices the living. Since the ghost was lookin directly at the camera it is possible it does notice living people.

When the photo was developed the reverand was very confused because he had not known of any paranormal history in the church.

Immediatly after the reverand released it to the public it was scrutinised by sceptics, claiming the ghost was too real and that the reverand had either tampered or staged the photo. In the end the photo was revealed to had not been tampered with and the reverand was alone in the church at the time, the mystery ghost remains debated to this day.

Feyn
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Do you have a link to that photo ? I would love to see it.

Loyalist
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Do you have a link to that photo ? I would love to see it.

http://i53.tinypic.com/1694xea.jpg

BritishLad
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/1694xea.jpg
thats the one!

Van Wellenkamp
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Anyone ever heard of a Scandinavian tale of an omen that manifest itself as a woman in black? I saw a show hosted by Patrick McNee that made mention but cant seem to find it. It is important to me because I have had experiences with something similar myself and would love to investigate further. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope I don't sound loony.

Gardisten
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 05:29 AM
It's an interesting photo, but such a "ghost" can easy be created by a simple double exposure...

In Newby Church Ripon in North Yorkshire a famous photo of a freaky ghost was taken in the 1960s.

In the 1960s the reverand took a photo of the altar of his church and once it was developed he saw a scary-looking ghost standing on the first step of the altar off to the right of the photo.

AuroraNordalis
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Is it just me or does it seem that ghosts/hauntings mostly occur around deceased whites and no one else? especially blacks?

I'm not trying to be funny but maybe blacks don't have souls.

Maybe whites are on a much higher spiritual level and possess the ability to
"linger" after death. Blacks might end up being "recycled" unless they have some white in them that allow them to "linger" around but not as much as ghostly whites.

Ælfrun
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Sleep paralysis is certainly an unnerving experience, which I've had three or four times so far. I suppose it could be different depending on the person having it, but in my experience I can't see how it could be an "explanation" for alien abductions and other paranormal experiences.

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/ghosts/OldHagSyndrome/Fuseli_nightmare.jpg

"Old Hag Syndrome" victims wake to find out that they cannot move, even though they can see, hear, feel and smell. There is sometimes the feeling of a great weight on the chest and the sense that there is a sinister or evil presence in the room. And like the above reader, they are often quite frightened about what is happening to them.

The name of the phenomenon comes from the superstitious belief that a witch - or an old hag - sits or "rides" the chest of the victims, rendering them immobile. Although that explanation isn't taken very seriously nowadays, the perplexing and often very frightening nature of the phenomenon leads many people to believe that there are supernatural forces at work - ghosts or demons.

The experience is so frightening because the victims, although paralyzed, seem to have full use of their senses. In fact, it is often accompanied by strange smells, the sound of approaching footsteps, apparitions of weird shadows or glowing eyes, and the oppressive weight on the chest, making breathing difficult if not impossible. All of the body's senses are telling the victims that something real and unusual is happening to them.

BritishLad
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
It's an interesting photo, but such a "ghost" can easy be created by a simple double exposure...

read the story properly, people said that but scientists studied the photo and found it hasnt been tampered with

Gardisten
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 11:38 PM
well maybe if you'd read my post properly you'd have noticed that I didn't say that the "ghost" was created using double exposure. But the fact of the matter is that ghost photos are easy to make and so a photo like this automatically proves nothing. And am I going to believe some old English clergyman regarding his claims about its authenticity? Absolutely not. There are several reasons why this guy would have fabricated a ghost story...

read the story properly, people said that but scientists studied the photo and found it hasnt been tampered with

BritishLad
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 11:46 PM
And am I going to believe some old English clergyman regarding his claims about its authenticity?

No, but you may believe the scientists who studied it though

Gardisten
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011, 02:17 AM
Not at all. I've followed the paranormal enough to know that scientific study of the subject is never conclusive.

No, but you may believe the scientists who studied it though

Loyalist
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011, 03:40 AM
I am living in an off-campus student residence in a building which used to be a hotel, and dates from the mid-19th century. The Queen Mother, Mary Todd Lincoln, and other notables stayed here back in the day. I have yet to see anything, but I often feel uncomfortable, as if I am being watched. Last year I had a different room on the same floor, and the door to the bathroom had a habit of opening by itself, always at night, and without a gust of wind or any other obvious explanation.

arvak
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
I call forth a Valkerie spirit or should I say 4 Valkerie Guardians to the 4 points of the compass. To the North sits the planet Valkerie and it is her who will interact and connect the bridge to the spirit world. From here I invoke a goddess spirit Frejya and as I shift into another state of consciousness deeper and in dream I interact with the spirit to heal or guide me for myself or others. If a bad spirit arises the guardians ward it of. Around the opening area I place clear crystals 4 to the points which capture any unwanted energy. Across the front of the chest I carve in white paint the algiz rune this means nothing evil can pass or be drawn in. I hope you find this informative.

Gustaaf
Sunday, June 24th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in evil forces. At various stages of my life, I've been 'haunted'. I don't know if it's by different, similar entities or the same one, but it happens to me irrespective of location. Even as a kid, I used to see and hear things. I remember the fear more than the actual events, which were things that now seem to me to belong in a dream, and had they not reoccurred, I'd no doubt have convinced myself by now that that's all they were. A lot of things happened, but what I remember most clearly is whispering as I lay in bed. Not from afar, but right there in my ear. As I was drifting off to sleep, it would come and startle me out of nowhere. It was an unnerving experience. It used to make me jump out of my skin. I could never decipher what was said, because it was short and always snapped me out of sleep. But it was angry, I remember that.

It happened to me countless times as a child, and I slept with the light on until I was ten. I even used ear plugs for a number of years :D

Anyway, it stopped occurring, the noise, but strange occurrences kept repeating themselves. Doors upstairs slamming when I was downstairs, downstairs when I was up [in more than one house]. Handprints on the wall revealed by steam and condensation after a shower. The feeling of being watched, and the feeling sometimes of being touched. Onsets of extreme fear when I'm alone, visions. The list goes on. I haven't done anything about it, like go to a medium, but I've considered it many times. I'm sure it's not in my mind. some of it maybe, but not all. My faith helps me through it, and I've often wondered if that's part of the reason I'm targeted, but I honeslty have no solid answers.

_-matze-_
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016, 09:22 AM
I don't believe in ghosts/ poltergeists/ etc. either. But my girlfriend do. I'm seeking for any logical and/ or scientific explanations for some "happenings". it's not always easy to explain. but it works.
It's hard to combine the "I believe in" of my GF and my "I don't" but it's possible. Just with respect the opinion of the other.
Anyway. Even if I don't believe in ghosts etc, I think similar as gustaaf in "dark forces" or something. I believe there is something dark, maybe evil surrounding all of us. but it's unexplained what it is, or what's the reason of exist. Pretty hard to explain. And in my opinion it's also not a conflicting side of view. :P

Ocko
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Poltergeists and other stuff is connected to telluric energies. Most likely a fault underneath the place.

Stoneage people used this energy by putting a stone on top of it then put cupmarks in it (often in a certain form) which energizes the stoneenergies and transforms them into positive energy which then was send over the country to positively influence nature and people.

Dowser who have been checking those places where these phenomena appear always found bad energy.

This energy also sometimes does havoc to the electrical meter / phone bill .

One way to turn the energy into positive is>

Find a stone somewhere which you still can carry. With a chisel pound a cupmark into it (about 1 inch deep and about 2.5 to 3 inch diameter). When done make a little line from the cup mark to the direction of the sun at the time when you were chiseling.

Then take the stone home and put it to the sun-side of the house less than a foot away from the wall. so that the line cupmark-sun is perpendicular to the wall.

I tried it and the electrical bill went down. My wife got out depression and the eery energy disappeared.

My take on it is that stone of the thousands of years store sun energy like a battery. When pounded this energy is activated and can be directed towards something you want to change.

here is an old stone where that was done.

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M861c072818627877b9e1a851af89f 876o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

If you can do some dowsing (and most every one can do) you can find those places and experiment. If it is a bad place spend the night there. You might catch something.

At one point I made a house cleaning from bad spirits. The way I did is too complicated to describe but I got that spirit out. It made noises in the kitchen when nobody was there, the Lady of the house suddenly saw that while laying in her bed somebody invisible was sitting on her bed, she saw the depression on her blanket, her son was grabbed and held down with him panicking as no one was seen, and so on.

This are typical for bad place occurrences.

After cleansing I left and there was coyote on her drive way looking at me (that was early afternoon and coyotes usually are not out by that time). I had the feeling I should talk to it but then I didn't.

A week later the Lady of the house was sitting on her terrasse when a coyote came to her. She tried to scare it away but it would just continue approaching her then sit in front of her and looking into her eyes. She was somewhat scared and went into the house.

Also I had that coyote sitting in front of me when I was driving by the house.

So make out of it what you want but my take on it is that the area is guarded by deceased indians which do not like white people. So they do havoc and make mischief to people. I had a few housecleanings with this spirits involved.

These spirits are also known in heathen lore though they are mostly beneficial.

Uwe Jens Lornsen
Wednesday, May 9th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Polterghosts are rats and pigeons at my location.

Small animals.

The flat under me has a balcony and I have it's flat roof outside the windows.

The rats are running making tapping noises and whistling and squeaking shortly once a while.

The pigeons are in a short "fight" clapping with their wings before they take off.

Edit:
It is night or late dawn of course when the rats appear.

The covering of the balcony-roof is thin greyed out white PVC like felt apparently not clued wholly
onto the covering layers (if any) but just in stripes or punctual ,
thus leaving large pockets with air under it.
These air pockets apparently act as amplifiers like the body of a music instrument acts,
as it is commonly known by drums and acoustic guitars for example.

Alice
Saturday, March 16th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Well, I have exceedingly strange experiences with household objects/appliances and electrical devices going haywire, though the exact cause is a mystery. Many years ago, I was very upset, and at the exact moment a glass I had placed on the counter minutes earlier suddenly burst. I've experienced televisions turning on and off by themselves, new computers literally smoking and exploding, and a microwave that would turn itself on and off by itself (in the middle of the night, no less). Funnily enough, the day I took the microwave out of my flat, my dishwasher broke and flooded the kitchen. Oh, and also wrist watches; they usually malfunction and mysteriously stop working shortly after I put them on. Very bizarre!

My German Confessor, who is also a scientist, didn't jump to any conclusions after I confided in him, but he did recommend that I say a prayer to St. Michael everyday.

Chlodovech
Saturday, March 16th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Put up cams, Alice - and also try to record sounds if possible. Perhaps try to document what is going on. And if your place is haunted or a demon has attached itself to you, you need to take action. You need at least a priest to bless your home.

When did all of this start exactly? Did all of these events you mentioned happen in the same location?

Astragoth
Saturday, March 16th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Who needs a priest? Just pray. It worked for me. Keep up with it.
Its a test you'll have to do it more than once.

schwab
Saturday, March 16th, 2019, 03:59 PM
You are so right.
Pray, pray and pray..........Ask God to cleanse your home in the name of Jesus.

James 4:7 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+4%3A7&version=ESV)

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Alice
Saturday, March 16th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Put up cams, Alice - and also try to record sounds if possible. Perhaps try to document what is going on. And if your place is haunted or a demon has attached itself to you, you need to take action. You need at least a priest to bless your home.

Thank you, Chlodovech. :) A priest will be coming to bless my flat soon, and my Confessor told me to keep praying to St. Michael.

When did all of this start exactly? Did all of these events you mentioned happen in the same location?

All of this started in the 1990s when I started thinking seriously about converting to Catholicism and the events have happened in various places on two different continents. Two people were very opposed to me converting, and made no secret of it. A priest I know who is an exorcist thinks that one of these people actively wished for something very malevolent to befall me.

GroeneWolf
Sunday, March 17th, 2019, 06:11 AM
SPR (https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/borderland-phenomena-volume-one-spontaneous-combustion-poltergeistry-and-anomalous)

Borderland Phenomena Volume One: Spontaneous Combustion, Poltergeistry and Anomalous Lights, by Louis Proud

Reviewed by Robert A. Charman

Louis Proud is an Australian writer specialising in Fortean literature recounting weird anomalous experiences and events that, if true, lie at the borderland of scientific understanding and often stretches credibility to its limits. Proud is the author of Dark Intrusions (2009), The Secret Influence of the Moon (2013) and Strange Electromagnetic Dimensions (2015). This account, written in the first person, carries enthusiastic endorsements from Whitley Strieber ‘sparkles with brilliance’, Mitch Horowitz ‘Proud is, hands down, one of today’s brightest and most gleaming intellects in the area of anomalous phenomena’ Gary Lachman ‘fascinating excursion into the not-yet-known’ and Jeffrey J. Kripal ‘Able and trustworthy guide through this strange, liminal realm where almost anything is possible and nothing quite adds up.’

Fascinating though they are, cases of claimed spontaneous human combustion (SHC), a term coined in 1746 for bodies found almost completely incinerated without apparent cause, the baffling appearance and behaviour of strange atmospheric lights, and the often truly bizarre behaviour of ball lightning and glowing balls of ionised plasma (thought by some to exhibit intelligent behaviour) are well outside the investigative interests of the Society for Psychical Research. These interests are defined as ‘those faculties of man, real or supposed, which appear to be inexplicable on any generally recognised hypothesis’ manifesting themselves as instances of extrasensory perception and psychokinesis as in influencing by intention the physical behaviour of objects across space or the physiological processes of living systems as in distant healing. The modern term that brings all such proposed mental faculties together under one heading is psi. This being so, theories offering possible explanations for these Fortean non-psi topics as explored by Proud in Parts 1 and 3, can offer no clues as to the unsolved nature of psi, although according to Proud there may be a tenuous relationship centred upon being in the presence of poltergeistic activity.

This brings us to Part 2, consisting of two chapters The Dark Night of the Soul and A Bundle of Projected Depressions respectively, concerning ‘poltergeisty’ phenomena such as chairs, chests of drawers and tables moving across floors, ornaments sliding around, small objects flying through the air in slow motion arabesques without apparent cause, stones falling onto the roof or falling from the ceiling, doors opening and shutting, loud thuds or knocks, bedclothes being pulled off and so on. It can also include the sudden appearance of puddles of water or small outbreaks of fire. Proud does not think that official explanations of SHC such as the wick effect of burning dresses or pyjamas soaking up the body fat adequately explain what is found and wonders whether in some cases there is a link with poltergeistic outbreaks of localised fires, described by Guy Lyon Playfair (2011) as ‘instances of paranormal spontaneous combustion’, or ball lightning travelling down chimneys as some victims have been in front of fireless fireplaces. He even considers the possibility of incineration from ionised plasma ball explosions.

(...)

Rest at the above link.

Terminus
Sunday, March 17th, 2019, 07:35 AM
Well, I have exceedingly strange experiences with household objects/appliances and electrical devices going haywire, though the exact cause is a mystery. Many years ago, I was very upset, and at the exact moment a glass I had placed on the counter minutes earlier suddenly burst. I've experienced televisions turning on and off by themselves, new computers literally smoking and exploding, and a microwave that would turn itself on and off by itself (in the middle of the night, no less). Funnily enough, the day I took the microwave out of my flat, my dishwasher broke and flooded the kitchen. Oh, and also wrist watches; they usually malfunction and mysteriously stop working shortly after I put them on. Very bizarre!Maybe it could be some sort of magnetic field in your area or some manifestation of telekinesis or technopathy. What liquid was in the glass when you set it on the counter? Was the glass old or new? Almost all of it is related to technology so it can probably be explained by science.

Btw technology is generally unreliable. I know this from experience. Sometimes I absolutely abhor it. Perhaps much of this shoddiness can be blamed on corporations deliberately sabotaging their own products to make a buck. Limited time warranties, terrible customer service and help communities (see Microsoft and their scripted responses), misleading reviews (almost all of them positive), experimental products (slim PC desktops which use laptop motherboards and are horribly sluggish with Win10 unless you do a LOT of customizing), bad design choices (i.e. the cylinder part of the cable of a wired Xbox 360 controller results in disconnect issues), etc. I would go so far as to suggest that they pay their scientists to falsify reports. The worst thing of all is the existence of Torx screws.

So I wouldn't take every kind of technological mishap as a sign. New computers can be just as unreliable as used ones. Every computer ought to come with a 500W power supply and an above average CPU and graphics card, but they want people to spend money on the upgrades.

All of this started in the 1990s when I started thinking seriously about converting to Catholicism and the events have happened in various places on two different continents. Two people were very opposed to me converting, and made no secret of it. A priest I know who is an exorcist thinks that one of these people actively wished for something very malevolent to befall me.Maybe it could have been your guardian angel trying to dissuade you from giving yourself over to an erroneous sect or get your attention.

Were the two people atheists? How did they proceed in their attempts to deter you? Slander or persuasion?

Alice
Sunday, March 17th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Maybe it could be some sort of magnetic field in your area or some manifestation of telekinesis or technopathy. What liquid was in the glass when you set it on the counter? Was the glass old or new? Almost all of it is related to technology so it can probably be explained by science.

It wasn't a terribly new glass, and though I don't specifically remember if there was liquid in it, I don't believe there was.

So I wouldn't take every kind of technological mishap as a sign.

No, I don't take these mishaps as signs.

Maybe it could have been your guardian angel trying to dissuade you from giving yourself over to an erroneous sect or get your attention.

Well, I respectfully disagree about the erroneous sect part, Terminus.

Were the two people atheists?

It's a little difficult to describe. Both were baptized Protestants raised in, for the most part, non-practicing homes. One progressed from atheism to philosophical Satanism, which gradually grew into an obsession/preoccupation with the figure of Satan. The other was a secular humanist with leanings towards the left-hand path.

How did they proceed in their attempts to deter you? Slander or persuasion?

Persuasion, definitely. Also ridicule and some insults and threats, especially with the philosophical Satanist.

Terminus
Sunday, March 17th, 2019, 07:48 PM
It wasn't a terribly new glass, and though I don't specifically remember if there was liquid in it, I don't believe there was.Huh that is odd.

No, I don't take these mishaps as signs.Alright.

It's a little difficult to describe. Both were baptized Protestants raised in, for the most part, non-practicing homes. One progressed from atheism to philosophical Satanism, which gradually grew into an obsession/preoccupation with the figure of Satan. The other was a secular humanist with leanings towards the left-hand path.That doesn't sound healthy.

The latter doesn't sound so bad. How would you define left-hand path?

Persuasion, definitely. Also ridicule and some insults and threats, especially with the philosophical Satanist.I see.

SaxonPagan
Sunday, March 17th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Looking at the number of devout Christians who are having these weird experiences and I'd say that it was due to them already believing in supernatural forces (eg. God, Satan, angels & whatnot...) so their minds will be more predisposed to this kind of stuff.

LillyCaterina
Monday, March 18th, 2019, 12:17 AM
Yes. My hubby posted a really good account of a supernatural event that happened in the new home we just moved into in this thread:

It was a very creepy experience.

Post # 181

https://forums.skadi.net/threads/75469-Do-You-Believe-In-Ghosts-Spirits-or-Other-Supernatural-Beings/page19