PDA

View Full Version : Women, What Qualities Are Most Important to You in a Partner?

Northern Paladin
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Ladies What Makes A Man Attractive? What makes you interested in him as a potential mate.

Scáthach
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 08:35 PM
I can't say every single thing i ticked, but the things that are important to me are blood, personality, looks, charm, intelligence and values.

Alkman
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Ladies What Makes A Man Attractive? His Porsche? :P

Northern Paladin
Sunday, October 31st, 2004, 05:06 AM
I'm suprised none of the ladies voted for His Large Genitals. :-O

Oriana must be a total *****! And a liar!
Deep down women want strong dominant men. It makes sense as the offspring reflect the traits of the parents. Or maybe She has Dominance to spare. :D :P

Willowsprout
Sunday, October 31st, 2004, 05:56 AM
Sense of humor, sensitivity and brains.Naturally I would have to be attracted physically first,so it goes whitout saying he would be white.

But,I am married so I already found that.(comes and goes):)

the standards still stand though.

Taras Bulba
Sunday, October 31st, 2004, 09:34 PM
Ladies What Makes A Man Attractive? What makes you interested in him as a potential mate.

I dont know where to begin explaining the problem with asking this question. Do you really want them to answer? Prepare to be bored to death. ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ :P ;)

Often when I hear women answer this question, its often outrageous and even contradictionary features they admire. They like shy men but hate it when he acts...well...shy. They want a gentleman but they want a bad boy...and so on.

Although to be fair.....I myself find it hard to describe traits I admire in women and yes they're contradictionary as well at times.....what makes you become attracted to somebody else is always somewhat of a mystery; thats the whole magic behind love. If you knew 100% what traits you were looking for, well it'd be more certain but less meaningful in a way as well.

Scáthach
Sunday, October 31st, 2004, 10:34 PM
Deep down women want strong dominant men. P

Not deep down. loudly and openly! ;)

Evolved
Sunday, October 31st, 2004, 11:52 PM
I voted: face, body, hair, big weiner, personality, stamina in bed. :P

Awar
Monday, November 1st, 2004, 12:08 AM

LG voted for LG ...err... Large Genitals ;)

Deep down women want strong dominant men. It makes sense as the offspring reflect the traits of the parents. Or maybe She has Dominance to spare. :D :P

Not all of them. Some actually prefer to have a submissive partner for life.
Whether they cheat on him or not is a matter of her desires ( as everything else in their life together ).

Northern Paladin
Monday, November 1st, 2004, 02:32 AM
LG voted for LG ...err... Large Genitals ;)

Not all of them. Some actually prefer to have a submissive partner for life.
Whether they cheat on him or not is a matter of her desires ( as everything else in their life together ).

What ever happened to Lady Goeth? I liked it's suggestiveness. :D

Why are you defending these type of women?
Do you date women who are exclusively from that category? :P

Awar
Monday, November 1st, 2004, 02:44 AM
Hmm... no, such women avoid me like the plague. :D

But, I know lots of people who can't really handle a woman,
they fit right into the role of being submissive, and they like to be
lead around through life.

It's an "eco-system" of it's own.
I know, because I've got a friend who's like that.
His girlfriend flirts with everyone, probably cheats on him,
but, a long time ago, when I told him what's going on,
he got pissed-off at ME, they broke up, but got together soon.

It's best if you let such people go about their business.
I suppose there have always been such couples/individuals.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, November 1st, 2004, 08:04 AM
Interesting results. It looks like Oriana is into female domination? Nobody, no woman finds a man's bank account attractive? You all must be teenagers. I promise you all, this will change.

Oriana
Monday, November 1st, 2004, 01:34 PM
Neither.

Deep down women want strong dominant men.
Perhaps 'average' (pathetic, intellectually and emotionally weak) women desire this, but that does not account for all of us! (At least not me).

Awar's analysis was accurate for some women, but I'm not into 'cheating'-- dating in general is not a priority for me right now, but if I found someone compatible with me whom I truly enjoyed (which would be hard to find), I probably would not betray them in search of cheap thrills or 'flings'. Then again, I am not an 'amorous' person and I do not seek out that kind of thing-- I'm far too level-headed for that stupid stuff.

It makes sense as the offspring reflect the traits of the parents. Or maybe She has Dominance to spare. :D :P
The last may be true.

Oriana
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004, 04:33 AM
Interesting results. It looks like Oriana is into female domination?

Not female domination in general; I merely know who I am and have no need to force myself to fit any archetype with which my nature contrasts.

Nobody, no woman finds a man's bank account attractive? You all must be teenagers. I promise you all, this will change.

Nah, I have enough material means to support myself and another, if I should find one I deem worthy. Aside from that, I would never date someone more 'successful' than I; for then why would they need me? (I myself am not materialistic, but I have always had a grim vision that the rest of the world is the exact opposite; this is probably a result of childhood trauma or the suchlike).

Northern_Paladin:

You should have included 'purity' as an option. The fact that a man has little or no 'experience' is attractive to me-- I stay as far as possible from Casanova types who only want a 'trophy wife' and would treat me no better than another one of their 'mistresses'. After going through long strings of dispensable 'relationships' pursued solely out of hedonism, people tend to lose their (often already miniscule amount of) respect for individuals of the opposite sex.

Along the same lines is 'undesirability to other women'. My ideal partner would be someone I adore, but whom all other women are repulsed by. I wouldn't go near someone whom lots of other women fawn over; this, like the above, would cause his fidelity to be suspect-- and even if I trusted that he would not be 'tempted', I am not comfortable with such a situation.

Also, to elaborate on what I mentioned in my last post-- to some, when a man states that he prefers to be 'dominant', he is a 'good, strong, capable man'; but when a woman states the same, she is a '*****'. I am following my 'natural tendencies'; there are, after all, men who would rather be the 'submissive' partner, albeit fewer than those who would take the other 'role'.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004, 04:56 AM
Not female domination in general; I merely know who I am and have no need to force myself to fit any archetype with which my nature contrasts.

Nah, I have enough material means to support myself and another, if I should find one I deem worthy. Aside from that, I would never date someone more 'successful' than I; for then why would they need me? (I myself am not materialistic, but I have always had a grim vision that the rest of the world is the exact opposite; this is probably a result of childhood trauma or the suchlike).

Northern_Paladin:

You should have included 'purity' as an option. The fact that a man has little or no 'experience' is attractive to me-- I stay as far as possible from Casanova types who only want a 'trophy wife' and would treat me no better than another one of their 'mistresses'. After going through long strings of dispensable 'relationships' pursued solely out of hedonism, people tend to lose their (often already miniscule amount of) respect for individuals of the opposite sex.

Along the same lines is 'undesirability to other women'. My ideal partner would be someone I adore, but whom all other women are repulsed by. I wouldn't go near someone whom lots of other women fawn over; this, like the above, would cause his fidelity to be suspect-- and even if I trusted that he would not be 'tempted', I am not comfortable with such a situation.

Also, to elaborate on what I mentioned in my last post-- to some, when a man states that he prefers to be 'dominant', he is a 'good, strong, capable man'; but when a woman states the same, she is a '*****'. I am following my 'natural tendencies'; there are, after all, men who would rather be the 'submissive' partner, albeit fewer than those who would take the other 'role'.

Are you an heiress or something? Able to support yourself and a significant other and potential offspring.

Yeah good suggestion. Though I doubt many men fall into the Pure category. As for me I respect women and disdain hedonistic love affairs. I am no Casanova or Don Juan but I can turn on the Charm when need be. Guess I am more of a James Bond type. :D Minus the hedonistic love affairs. But seriously all the women I have been involved with I have had a deep emotional bond with.

Even at the cost of your children suffering from a lousy genetic inheritance. Or do you again have enough good genes to spare? :D :P

Hey I thought you were going give us a critique of your genealogical line?
You don't happen to be Nordic do you?

Don't you mean which contradict my nature? Rather than: and have no need to force myself to fit any archetype with which my nature contrasts.

With that said Good luck in finding a submissive man that can maintain an erection. :D Or I can be that man if you fit into my archtype. That of the Nordic Dream Maiden. ;)

Awar
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
Guess I am more of a James Bond type.

But seriously all the women I have been involved with I have had a deep emotional bond with.

So, can we call you: James 'Emo' Bond ? :D

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2004, 03:24 AM
So, can we call you: James 'Emo' Bond ? :D

Emotional but not in excessively so! I am basically high lightening my differences with James Bond. Where both Highly acttractive,intelligent and Charming individuals but that's where the similarities end. :D

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, November 4th, 2004, 06:44 AM

I don't know if you will have time to read this post since, by now, you PMs are full of potential suitors but I just have to ask: Don't you want someone who wants rather than needs you? And, don't you think you admission of "material means" might draw insincere attention?

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, November 4th, 2004, 03:29 PM

:P Yes,.. well I did... Just a bonus feature on a male who you find immensly sexy & quite 'at one' with your own aura & personality. True attraction (and knowingly compatibilty) is only attained face to face & a good one to one conversation. Both sexes pretty much know who they are attracted to straight off, but more spent together can prove enlightening either way & will determine if the relationship will last.
Too many people in this world are just together for the sake of it, convincing themselves that they are happy, producing children in this environment of conceit. :| ...anyway I am getting off the subject.. :D

Oriana
Thursday, November 4th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I don't know if you will have time to read this post since, by now, you PMs are full of potential suitors
Nah, they are not.

but I just have to ask: Don't you want someone who wants rather than needs you?
I suppose so. I was pointing out that I am not attracted to "the size of a man's bank account" because I do not need anyone else for this reason.

And, don't you think you admission of "material means" might draw insincere attention?
No-- I take care not to flaunt my means, and even if I did the opposite I do not think they would be sufficient to draw the attention of any serious 'male gold-diggers'. I am not a multibillionaire, but I do have enough to provide for myself and another, should I choose to-- so, the fiscal aspect is not a factor in what I find attractive.

She-Wolf
Wednesday, November 10th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I voted for his personality, because that's the first thing I got to know with mine :)

AngloTerror
Thursday, November 11th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I voted for his personality, because that's the first thing I got to know with mine :)

I think honesty is a pretty important trait, don't you think?

There is nothing worse than a man, or a woman, who lies to her partner, or even worse, lies about them to other people.

I think there is nothing lower than someone who plays games like that, or tries to seek sympathy or friendship by telling such lies.

I guess that is wrapped up in personality, and like all other factors of a persons personality their levels of honesty, or lack of it, always ends up being discovered in the end.

There are some pretty sad people out there, with a history of illness, who sometimes make up stories and things, but they rarely get away with it for long.

AryanKrieger
Saturday, November 13th, 2004, 11:52 AM
I think honesty is a pretty important trait, don't you think?

There is nothing worse than a man, or a woman, who lies to her partner, or even worse, lies about them to other people.

I think there is nothing lower than someone who plays games like that, or tries to seek sympathy or friendship by telling such lies.

I guess that is wrapped up in personality, and like all other factors of a persons personality their levels of honesty, or lack of it, always ends up being discovered in the end.

There are some pretty sad people out there, with a history of illness, who sometimes make up stories and things, but they rarely get away with it for long.

Care to be more specific Anglo Terror? You seem to have something that you want to say.

Spartacus74
Saturday, November 13th, 2004, 12:14 PM
the problem of kind men is that often they are very feminine, so the looking is a trap for women, the are unsatisfied many times about kind guys.

a.squiggles
Sunday, November 14th, 2004, 03:40 AM
really, it's 70% appearance and 30% sence of humor and wit. in all honesty, there's nothing as attractive as a good looking jerk. :love

Awar
Sunday, November 14th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Typical :P

kiera
Monday, November 15th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Some qualities not listed that are most important:
Honor, Humor, Humility, and Kindness.
What I find attractive has changed greatly over the years; hair may have been close to the top of the list when I was a teenager.:D
The bank account has never been a factor, and having been both supportor and supported, I have to say I prefer the former.
Genital size? Miniscule is unfortunate, but too large is uncomfortable. But then perhaps having small children has made me ineligible for opinion in this matter. I can hardly remember...
Dominance? In general no,(but not submissiveness either). Sexually I do prefer male dominance; but in other matters, I remain autonomous.

Spartacus74
Monday, November 15th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Some qualities not listed that are most important:
Honor, Humor,
At least there are more possibilities against the good looking jerks, none want them but all go with them.

Sexually I do prefer male dominance; but in other matters, I remain autonomous.
Hard to understand!What doesm mean?
A man in sleeping position and a woman who acts freely?!:)

kiera
Monday, November 15th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Hard to understand!What doesm mean?
A man in sleeping position and a woman who acts freely?!:)
I mean that in general I do not relinquish my decisions to another person. I don't mean that I prefer a submissive man, but one who knows his own mind and is respectful of mine. Of course in a family or relationship, there must be compromise, but it does not follow that one person should consistently be more entitled to make decisions than the other (except in the event of mental instability).
Domination and submission may be enjoyable play, but I think people who subscribe seriously to this behavior are being less than honest with themselves as well as their partner,and impede the personal evolution of both.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, November 16th, 2004, 07:38 AM
These options got my vote:

His Charm
He's A Bad Boy
His Demeanor
His Power/Wealth/Influence/Social Status
His Face
His Sense of Fashion
His Intelligence
His Dominance
He Likes Children
The Size of His Bank Account (but that one is no good without: His generousity ;) )

Phlegethon
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 01:20 PM
The bottom line of this thread: Men and women don't fit together. No need to agonize over this obvious fact.

Alkman
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 01:40 PM
The bottom line of this thread: Men and women don't fit together. No need to agonize over this obvious fact.What do you suggest then? :)

Awar
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 01:40 PM
The bottom line of this thread: Men and women don't fit together. No need to agonize over this obvious fact.

You have problems fitting into women too?!
Just look for the women who voted for option #4 :D

Spartacus74
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 02:16 PM
I mean that in general I do not relinquish my decisions to another person. I don't mean that I prefer a submissive man, but one who knows his own mind and is respectful of mine. subscribe seriously to this behavior are being less than honest with themselves as well as their partner,and impede the personal evolution of both.
You seems to be a Honest girl so maybe you would fit for a good wedding!

I think istead that some who likes money and power will be frustrated for all life because as a matter of facts the majority of a person is not a soap opera leader but a person whi has to work far paying debts for home and car.

And the majority opf persons nowadays doesn't see all this wellbeing that massive media culture wants to spread away within population.
And this is in US as in Europe and in Italy in special way right now were the wage is similar to 10 years ago but (Euro matter a part) the cost of life is maybe the double.

So all this nice girls wanting good status symbols for their men will be out of possibilities remaining unhappy.
And that will be a disaster for everyday life and sexual life also.

Greetings to you all!

Phlegethon
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 02:36 PM
What do you suggest then? :)
Splendid isolation.

Phlegethon
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 02:38 PM
You have problems fitting into women too?!
That too, but that wasn't my point this time. ;)

Just look for the women who voted for option #4 :D What about my hidden qualities? ;)

Awar
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Splendid isolation.

From now on, you shall be known as Afghanisthon.
May the forces of Jesuite Talibans keep you and protect you ;)

Alkman
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Splendid isolation.
:fpope: :jude :arab

Phlegethon
Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM
From now on, you shall be known as Afghanisthon.
What's wrong with Phlege-Thong? ;)

Nuovo Vesuvio
Friday, December 24th, 2004, 07:55 PM
he has to be pretty good looking, then the personality comes. I wouldnt go out with someone without one. Personally, I like someone who Is funny, you can have a great time with him all the time, and you never argue or anything. He is always there for you, and comforts you when you are down. Hes got to be strong so he can protect you, and cool. Also, you've got to have the excitement and risk. Sex and stuff has gotta be there, but thats personal. I would never go out with someone who would cheat on me.

This is me girlfriend her name is Rachael:D No I would never cheat on you Rachael.......not really lol. she is fine!;)

Nuovo Vesuvio
Friday, December 24th, 2004, 08:00 PM
sorry, I wanted to add one more thing. Is that ok? The most important thing out of everything is that you trust and understand each other, and that you would go through anything with each other no matter how embarassing. Not those childish college relationships where one person is in fear of the other cheating on them, or go out just to have sex and things like that.

SouthernBoy
Sunday, December 26th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Should I ask why your gender is male?

Northern Paladin
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 06:01 AM
I am suprised wealth only got 1 vote.

Not what I expected at all. Evolutionary Psychology must be severly flawed.

eli
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Money is not attractive, after all it smells bad, and can be very unattractive if it is followed by childish, silly pride in money or if having money becomes too big of a part of the mans identity, since humility is among the most attractive qualities a man can have. Because of this in general I don´t like American men since they are too practical and indentify too much with material things. With humility money is fine but it´s not a must in any way. I don´t like men who try too hard to please or to fit in. I like men who dare to be themselves. And in general I don´t like racists if I can be honest. :P

Phlegethon
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 10:38 AM
hli hli lama sabacqani

Eli, eli, lama sabachtani?

;)

Northern Paladin
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 04:34 AM
What do you look for in a guy? What is your ideal of the "Perfect Man"? What traits does he have?

Freja
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Oooh...good question. Different women are probably looking for slightly different men, but I`ve always been looking for men with the following characteristics;

- Selfconfidence. He needs to stand firmly on his two feet, and have the selfconfidence to let me stand on mine. I`m not the clingy, needy type, and I `d suffocate in a relationship where I felt very controlled.

- Hard working. There`s nothing worse than a couch potatoe. Get off your a** and work! Set goals for yourself, I couldn`t live with a man that had no ambitions. That aside, being content with working in a decent, but not necessarily high status profession, is okay. The world needs working class men.

- Respecting. He needs to respect me if he wants to earn my respect. Only through respecting each other can we build up a good partnership for life.

In addition, I found a man that has made the the hearts of the ladies at kindergarten pound faster - he`s been getting anonymous messages on his cellphone from one of them saying he`s the most handsome dad in the kindergarten... :rolleyes:
So, yes, I went for looks too... :icon_bigg

And he`s nordic.

Graviton
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Even though I'm not female, I would like to comment that I often try to pick up on what I'm being marked on. If I think a girl/women (you pick) is trying to probe my intelligence I often ponder as to why.
If I think that someone is trying to chat me up (a rare circumstance), I am put off by someone with a low standard. It wouldn't say much for me.

So, yes, I went for looks too... :icon_bigg

Too many people fuss about looks being a concern of shallow people. But I fail to see how any self-respecting woman can be in a relationship with an ugly guy (and vice versa and that's regardless of how I see myself). I will make a strong note that looks should definitely not be the sole factor. Though I'm sure everyone here knew that, apologies for the lecture. :)

LiveToWin
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 07:00 PM
The man i could be together with should be a loyal north-west european clever national socialist who is willing to sacrifice things for the cause, who doesnt run from problems and who sticks with me no matter what. Should be a real man with a high ********, no cry baby like most men nowadays.

NordHecate
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Honest

Supportive: He's always pointing out the good things about me but he loves me for my faults too.

Funny: He MUST have a good sense of humor!

Caring

Loving: He should be able to kiss away all his woman's pains and still manage to send chills down her spine when he does.

Goal Oriented: He should know what he wants and go for it.

Handsome: Good looking is important, inside as well as out

Financially responsible

Fun, exciting and somewhat spontaneous.

Independent: He should take care of himself, mentally, physically

Humble: Must be willing to ask for directions! :icon12:

King Yngvar
Monday, June 13th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I am suprised wealth only got 1 vote.

Not what I expected at all. Evolutionary Psychology must be severly flawed.
Someone should make a new vote, this time anonymous, let's see how the questions about cash and "a big one" is answered then :D

Odal_
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I am actually left a relationship about 2 Months ago…and lately I have been thinking about what a man should and should not be.

The most important for me is loyalty,
He has to be loyal to the race, the movement, and me.

He also has to be able to defend even if he might lose his life,
I want to feel safe, and I want to know that our children would be safe.

He has to be honest and talk to me about feelings, thoughts and problems,
I’ve been giving almost 3 years of my life into a relationship were he didn’t was honest ore talked to me about
Problems ore feelings. In arguments, he just walks away and acts as if nothing had happened.

I would like if he did not smoked ore used “snus”.
He have to handle his drinking, hopefully he does not drink at all.

Another good thing would be if he was believing in the Nordic gods and goddesses, and have knowledge about runes and the sermonise.

Another thing is that he have to accept me as who I am, and respect women.

He has to have self-confidence and love to get out into the nature and do stuffs.

I need adventures… but also time alone to my own hobbies. I cannot stand a man that always is by my side and never does things by his own…

The man have to have a special look…and that one is just a detail that not many have… and I actually cant describe it because it is a look that gives me the feeling about that this person could be the one…

He has to be romantic… I have actually never have had any romantic in my two relationships I have been into…
However, it does not mean that I want to here everything all the time… It has to come spontaneous and with a true meaning, other wise it will just get me angry.

He has to take responsibility and have gut to say no.

And the biggest thing might be that he really have to be able to handle me… and I guess that can’t be that easy some times… and have patient.

But the most important, he have to be wily to build a family and take care of it, stay by my side and take his responsibility.

Sigurd
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Sorry to be high-jacking this thread, but is it true that a lot of women like men who are rather "cute".?

I mean, my best friend is similar to me in outlook and character; the differences are set as to him being 10 cm shorter and having brown eyes rather than green. But we even have the same taste in women, as to their character and their social, intellectual and physical characteristics. Yet he always gets them, and I am the one who has absolutely no luck. In front of my own eyes I see my best friend starting to kiss the girl I fancy. :(
And all the ladies say that "he's so cute". :rolleyes: (Damn puppy-dog eyes! :mad:)

So, really, how big a point is it for you to be "cute" or not?

Brook
Friday, January 20th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I am not a woman, but from my observations I have ascertained that all children are cute. As we grow older however, many of us lose that child-like playfulness, creativity and curiousity. If someone appears "cute", it is because you are able to see that they still retain that child-nature. We all still have it, you can actually train yourself to perceive it in everyone, and in doing so, increase their potential for child-nature through the power of your intentions.

Hell Cell
Saturday, January 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM
This what I look for in a woman hopefully it will come up I'm still having trouble getting the hand of the forums controls.

IvyLeaguer
Saturday, January 21st, 2006, 06:51 PM
I would love to answer this but I'm afraid I'll get bashed.

Death and the Sun
Saturday, January 21st, 2006, 08:34 PM
I would love to answer this but I'm afraid I'll get bashed.

How so ?!?

I assure you, that domestic, or any other type of violence against women (or children, or men) is NOT accepted here.

Skadi is a politically incorrect discussion forum. If you can't bring up uncomfortable truths here; then where the Sam Hill do you think you can ever do it? ;)

Svanhildr
Tuesday, January 24th, 2006, 07:28 AM
What do you look for in a guy? What is your ideal of the "Perfect Man"? What traits does he have?
First, I hope you are not trying to find out what you think girls like so you can change how you really are. ;) Boys that are theymselves are better than fakes.

I don't look for any certain thing in a boy other than a connection. I like a boy that stands out and is a leader or different or mysterious. If picking traits out, I like tall boys since I am tall. Being strong, healthy and athletic is always nice. I also like boys that are smarter than I am, and confident. Having a band is cool too, and being artistic. Charming and handsome are nice qualities. The central thing though is just a connection, and honesty. ;) I couldn't see myself with a boy that was not Norwegian or Swedish. ;*

Oresai
Sunday, October 19th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Honesty, first and foremost. If I`m lied to or deceived, I`ll never trust again.
Self confidence..be sure of himself, what he wants, etc. :)
Masculinity...I can`t abide weak or overly feminine men! :thumbdown
Intelligence.
Humour..but not cruel humour. :)
Compatability..if we have nothing in common, it`s going nowhere.
Love..he has to be able to give and receive it, or what`s the point? ;)

Teuton
Sunday, October 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Well, I'm clueless.

I'm friendly, honest, have manners, etc. etc.

And yet it seems I'm doomed on this planet all by myself.

Alice
Sunday, October 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Good sense of humour, well-read, witty, affectionate and frugal.

CrystalRose
Sunday, October 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM
I usually look for a good friend. Someone I can be myself with and someone who can be their self with me. If we can treat each other with respect and laugh together that's always a nice mutual feeling. romanticism would be an added bonus. Even if it's a thoughtful love note here and there. I like spontaneity of all sorts. Ideally someone who's outgoing yet polite, witty and still humble, masculine but comfortable in his own skin.. a complete turn on. Tall and handsome couldn't hurt either. And like that quote from Pulp Fiction: "That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the **** up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence." I think what we look for and what we get are always different from what we’ve originally conjured up in our heads. We like to trick ourselves into chasing the 'fairy tale' like dream, I don't see it working for anyone. Which is why I look for a friend, if anything comes of it, fine. If not, then hopefully I've made a good friend.

Puppybears
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
This is a good thread... OK, here goes: A good man is......

1. Not cocky/overly-confident. I have dated guys in the past who thought they were ALWAYS right. That means whenever my opinion differed, I was ALWAYS wrong. That got old.

2. Flexible to changing needs and situations. Example: If something that he wants to do or something that he wants to have is not in the budget at the moment, then he can deal with it (and I would do the same in the same situation). He can put his personal desires on hold for the good of the couple.

3. Takes pride in his woman! I like it when my husband brags about me (though I don't think he does very much)... about things I cook, etc. It makes me feel appreciated! And that he enjoys the food!!! :) ALSO, when calls me pretty in public, that is very nice.

4. Not shy about expressing love. (Once a committed relationship has developed of course)

5. Wants to be a good provider. As long as he has the desire and the work ethic, that is what counts.

6. Sticks by me. Defends me to the end, in the face of all adversaries.

7. is FUNNY! :D

Jäger
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
7. is FUNNY! :D
I am really confused, I know that every woman will say that she wants a funny/humorous/etc. guy, but what is this about? I even know many woman will laugh about the most idiotic jokes of a man just because they have a crush on him, so what's the chicken and what's the egg?
Do woman need an entertainer as a husband? Oh well, as if a woman knew .. :|

Might this be because to be creative you have to be childish? That's why a man is always a boy too, and why woman can't create as good, because they are too grown up? :D :P

Hauke Haien
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
I am really confused, I know that every woman will say that she wants a funny/humorous/etc. guy, but what is this about? I even know many woman will laugh about the most idiotic jokes of a man just because they have a crush on him, so what's the chicken and what's the egg?
Those are two distinct phenomena. A common sense of humour betrays similar sentiments and a compatible way of thinking that continues to be of value. This does not imply that bona fide clowns are popular lovers, it is a subjective judgment and as such impossible to express accurately with generic labels.

Jäger
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
it is a subjective judgment and as such impossible to express accurately with generic labels.
Yeah, that's why asking women what they want results always in non-information.
We know that every girl wants a funny, good-looking and intelligent guy, what we don't know is what this means and never will.

Mrs. Lyfing
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Do woman need an entertainer as a husband? Oh well, as if a woman knew .. :|

Well from a woman's point of view, my own that is...laughing at a joke that's stupid just because the girl has a crush, is a little annoying. I personally don't do that. When women say they want someone funny, it does not mean childish. Women like things to be " easy going " " relaxed " I think when it comes to a man/partner's behavior. They do not want some muscle head ramming his head into everything every time they turn around. They want someone they can take comfort in, so that means maybe he could be a little humorous about life seeing how it can be a hard one. And, maybe it means they would like to laugh every now and then. ;) And, maybe it means they want to be with someone who can be serious when need be and fun when need be. When a women has a bad day, nothing is better than her partner or children giving her a good laugh to lighten her mood/stress. :)

Might this be because to be creative you have to be childish? That's why a man is always a boy too, and why woman can't create as good, because they are too grown up? :D :P

That can go one way or the other, not every man is childish and not every women is too grown up. And, whats this can't create as good...? I don't see you hatching any eggs...;)

QuietWind
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah, that's why asking women what they want results always in non-information.
We know that every girl wants a funny, good-looking and intelligent guy, what we don't know is what this means and never will.

I think that most of the explanation for this lies in the fact that a lot of it is relative.

I could personalize those statements to be: I want a guy who makes me laugh. I want a guy who challenges me intellectually. (Who cares about looks, as long as he is breathing is fine. :D ) If I, or any woman, personalize those statements then they become more meaningful because you now have something to measure them by. A man who challenges me intellectually would be different than a man who challenges another woman intellectually.

It isn't as simple as placing a quantitative figure on it-- I want a man whose IQ is high enough to qualify him for mensa, for example. For a woman of low-average intelligence, a man who is of average intelligence may be intellectually stimulating. It is all relative to the intellectual level of the woman providing the statement.

Humor is also relative, but easier to provide a measure of because there are different forms of humor. Maybe she likes dark humor. Maybe it's dry humor. Maybe she likes a man who makes puns, or has quick wit. Maybe the woman genuinely adores silly humor such as Adam Sandler or Jim Carey. (Pardon me while I vomit at the thought of the last statement.) It is entirely possible that the woman has absolutely no clue which category the humor she likes falls into. Examples of movies the she finds funny might be a good start. A woman wants a man who can make her laugh, but she also wants one who can be serious at the appropriate times as well. No woman wants a man who is trying to make jokes, and make light, of a situation which is serious.

This is why websites such as eHarmony are somewhat sucessful...... they are able to take the qualities of the woman and match them up with males who have complimentary qualities on subjective factors. What is intelligent? What is funny? Various assesments take the guesswork out of the game. (I have never tried eHarmony, so I am using it as an example not as an advertisement.)

What I want in a man: (An informative description. ;) )

I want a man who loves God and understands the importance of family and being a role model for his children.

I want a man who will not cheat-- physically or emotionally.

I want a man who enjoys going out with his buddies and doing "manly" activities, not going to bars or "pick up" scenes.

I want a man who buys me flowers, and is considerate enough to make sure they are not ones I am allergic to.

I want a man who can carry on a meaningful conversation about various topics such as: politics, current events, religion, history, etc.

I want a man who remembers my favorite scent, my favorite color, my favorite restaraunt, my favorite animal.

I want a man who notices if I cut my hair, polish my nails, change my shoes, or buy a new dress.

I want a man who can make me laugh with quick wit, puns, and creative metaphors and similes.

I want a man who knows proper etiquette in a high class restaraunt, and follows it.

I want a man who knows how to let his hair down, get out in the dirt, and do hard, manual labor.

I want a man who is not afraid to stand up for what is right, but has the wisdom to discern when he is wrong and will admit it.

I want a man who will apologize and mean it.

I want a man who enjoys sports, and not just arm chair sports.

I want a man who is not a sore loser if I beat him at a game, and will appreciate the challenge that his wife poses.

I want a man who loves to eat what I cook and verbally expresses it.

I want a man who verbally lifts me up to others.

I want a man who is proud of my accomplishments and not jealous of them.

I want a man who appreciates my frugality.

I am sure that, given enough time, I could compile a longer list. This is just a start. How's this for specificity? :thumbup

Hero von Esens
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
http://www.reach4success.com/images/fat_wallet.jpg

QuietWind
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.reach4success.com/images/fat_wallet.jpg

Is that what you look for in a man? :D

QuietWind
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
The basic problem for many women is that they do not know what they want. The basic problem for many men is that they are not sincerely interested in women and their needs. Many men despise women as ridiculous creatures, yet they tend to endure their whims, their silly narrow-mindedness, their primitive minds and endless egocentrism. We love and despise.

I will pretend that I did not read half of what you wrote. :thumbup

Men often do not know what they want either. It is my observation that the very things men claim to want in a woman are normally the exact opposite of what they choose to date. By the same token, all the qualities they claim to dislike about women are all the things that the women they choose possess.

Hero von Esens
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
What I want in a man: (An informative description. )

I want a man who loves God and understands the importance of family and being a role model for his children.

I want a man who will not cheat-- physically or emotionally.

I want a man who enjoys going out with his buddies and doing "manly" activities, not going to bars or "pick up" scenes.

I want a man who buys me flowers, and is considerate enough to make sure they are not ones I am allergic to.

I want a man who can carry on a meaningful conversation about various topics such as: politics, current events, religion, history, etc.

I want a man who remembers my favorite scent, my favorite color, my favorite restaraunt, my favorite animal.

I want a man who notices if I cut my hair, polish my nails, change my shoes, or buy a new dress.

I want a man who can make me laugh with quick wit, puns, and creative metaphors and similes.

I want a man who knows proper etiquette in a high class restaraunt, and follows it.

I want a man who knows how to let his hair down, get out in the dirt, and do hard, manual labor.

I want a man who is not afraid to stand up for what is right, but has the wisdom to discern when he is wrong and will admit it.

I want a man who will apologize and mean it.

I want a man who enjoys sports, and not just arm chair sports.

I want a man who is not a sore loser if I beat him at a game, and will appreciate the challenge that his wife poses.

I want a man who loves to eat what I cook and verbally expresses it.

I want a man who verbally lifts me up to others.

I want a man who is proud of my accomplishments and not jealous of them.

I want a man who appreciates my frugality.

Is that what you look for in a man? :D

Excessive demands is definitely not what I look for. ;)

QuietWind
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Excessive demands is definitely not what I look for. ;)

Considering your profile says "male", I wouldn't think you look for anything in a man. ;) I could be wrong....

You think my "demands" are "excessive"? So, if a woman is unspecific, she is providing "non-information", and if she is specific she is being "excessively demanding." Sounds like us women are damned if we do and damned if we don't answer the question. :blueroll:

I change my mind..... forget all my excessive demands. I just want a man who looks good, has lots of money, is funny, intelligent, and knows how to put the toilet seat down. :thumbup (Men who can not belch or fart loudly in public while scratching their genitals need not apply.)

Hero von Esens
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
I just want a man who looks good, has lots of money, is funny, intelligent, and knows how to put the toilet seat down. :thumbup (Men who can not belch or fart loudly in public while scratching their genitals need not apply.)

You're still over demanding. :D

QuietWind
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
You're still over demanding. :D

Is it too much to ask for one who is breathing? :scratch

Vingolf
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
I change my mind..... forget all my excessive demands.
Surprise, surprise ;)

I just want a man who looks good, has lots of money, is funny, intelligent, and knows how to put the toilet seat down.
The kind of man you just portrayed is also likely to be dissatisfied with monogamy. In fact, most of female demands, desires and wants make them easy prey for sociopaths. The only way to make some sense out of this madness is to study evolutionary psychology.

QuietWind
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Surprise, surprise ;)

The kind of man you just portrayed is also likely to be dissatisfied with monogamy. In fact, most of female demands, desires and wants make them easy prey for sociopaths. The only way to make some sense out of this madness is to study evolutionary psychology.

Your post indicates that you actually thought I was serious? :|

Why did you delete your earlier post that I quoted?

Jäger
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I think that most of the explanation for this lies in the fact that a lot of it is relative.
Yes, subjective, we had this already ;)

It isn't as simple as placing a quantitative figure on it
It is. We need values to live by, e.g. race and loyalty are values. Duty is a value. All things we can quantify quite well.
It is simpler and more rewarding to define values rather than negligibilities (e.g. like the recognition of a new hair cut).
Women seem to have a great problem with this (not to name the values per se, but to put them in the right order :|), that's why a woman should take advice of a man (at best her father/brother/etc. because they have the proper motivation, usually) when judging her potential partner. Men have such problems too, but this is mostly socialized behavior, a social demand to do so, and they bow. :thumbdown

Woman are attracted to lies, and even demand to be lied to, and euphemistically (another lie) call it "romance".

Blood_Axis
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I've been having enormous fun over the years, watching men and women blaming it all on each other...
Men say 'women have lost their femininity', 'they have become sluts', 'they're too greedy'.
Women say 'there are no real men out there' any more...and so it goes...ad nauseam. :P

Lest we forget it takes two to tango, and both sexes are to blame for the destruction of the family.

Women have become greedy, materialistic, gold diggers. Yes.

On the other hand, the majority of modern men are shallow, irresponsible and incapable of holding relationships.

Women are driven by money, men are driven by sex.

Women look for fat wallets, men look for big boobs. (-refute me on that, if you dare :D)

And when I say big boobs, I don't essentially mean boobs in the literal sense. Most men (at least were I come from) are attracted to women with plastic appearance. If you're a cute, next-door girl with jeans and t-shirt, you don't stand a chance to be noticed next to all those fake, barbie-looking gold diggers out there.

So the message for the average teenage girl is that men are looking for that type of woman, so she must become one. Invest on her looks so that later on men will invest on her.

The message conveyed to men, is that they have to 'pay' for sex...and if their paycheck is not large enough, they don't stand a chance of getting a 'barbie' for themselves. So they strive for more money and fancy cars instead of turning their attention to a regular girl.

I'm not talking about us on Skadi, I'm talking about the mentality of the average layperson out there, and you know this reflects on us as well, because we live among them.

Men and women, humans in general, have become shallow & individualistic consumming machines, and sex, love and family is yet another item of consumption.

You 'shop' for a partner according to your respective 'spending' abilities, and you can return him/her to the store if s/he proves to be damaged goods and get a new one. That's how it works today. Everything is reduced to consumer habits and marketing statistics. ;)

Sigurd
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Most men (at least were I come from) are attracted to women with plastic appearance.

Plastic appearance popular with men? And the right spectrum is totally immune from it! Plastic appearance? Never! Famous "next-door" girl Nordica1488 agrees. ;)

http://www.ljplus.ru/img/s/c/scandal_max/nordika.jpg

Another Russian Nationalist gal also agrees. ;)

http://cs262.vkontakte.ru/u4926666/a_428f6e69.jpg

Thusnelda
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I find these exaggerated demands nowadays weired. :| TV and Media are distributing a false and stupid image of the genders. No gender is perfect and there is no perfect man from my point of view. No one is perfect and I find it ridiculous to expect that from a potential partner. Men should be able to do everything and even if they do everything they remain the sex-orientated monsters they are by nature nonetheless - that´s at least the general media image. And women crave for money, luxury and washboard stomaches only...oh yes. :thumbdown
Well, that´s the reason why the laughable "relationships" of all of these celebrities last that "long", am I right? ... :D Most of them are victims of their own rotten ideals. They drown in their own unrealistic claims.

The most important things I look for in a man are honesty, loyality and mutual respect. I don´t care much for luxury or money because it´s more important that a pair stands together - in good times AND in bad times (That´s a Christian saying, yes. :) But this is one of the few I agree to!). There´s not always blue sky in a relationship. But if both stand to each other they will overcome even severe hardships. To be able to have blind faith in each other without the need for secretly doubts is the best thing to achieve.

The man must take responsible for the family and should protect it by all means. And the woman must support him in his efforts unconditionally. :)

(I hope I have that luck with my current partner. The first few weeks were very promising! :pnkgrilil )

Mrs. Lyfing
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I think Blaxis hit the nail on the head. Blame blame blame. And, where does that get us..? Nowhere really.

Woman are attracted to lies, and even demand to be lied to, and euphemistically (another lie) call it "romance".

Maybe so. Who isn't if you wanna look at it that way..?

Man says' ..." Yes honey your butt looks good " ;)

Women says' " Yes honey it is the biggest I've seen " ;)

And, I could give many examples that could fill up pages upon pages. But in all realness to say women are attracted to lies is shallow thinking. I don't like when men who have experienced certain types of women want to claim they know what every women wants/or does. :| Its like calling all dogs Dobermans..? :|

And, by the way...romance is when you sincerely put effort into your actions and most women pick up on sincerity. Although, sometimes we may seem unknowing to the romancing when its all just a plot to get something, but that's because we want to feel special from time to time...so yea maybe we all like to intake a little white lie to boost our spirits. But, I'm leaning toward calling that human nature...Not...women are attracted to lies.

Jäger
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I think Blaxis hit the nail on the head. Blame blame blame. And, where does that get us..? Nowhere really.
A common problem not only in this discussion, as if the majority could be blamed anyway, they just follow.

Maybe so. Who isn't if you wanna look at it that way..?
Men, not counting nowadays sissies, and to have a certain affection to unreal fantasies is different, as long as you know them to be unreal fantasies of no to very little importance, but females tend to base important decisions on them, e.g. whether to continue a relationship or not.

But in all realness to say women are attracted to lies is shallow thinking.
"But she does not want truth: what is truth to a woman! From the very first nothing has been more alien, repugnant, inimical to woman than truth - her great art is the lie, her supreme concern is appearance and beauty." - Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

If Nietzsche was a shallow thinker, I can live with being one too. :)

I don't like when men who have experienced certain types of women want to claim they know what every women wants/or does.
All empirical sciences are based on experience. What I say can be tested.

And, by the way...romance is when you sincerely put effort into your actions and most women pick up on sincerity.
Romance is lying, it is creating something that looks good (appearance and beauty, see Nietzsche above) by rejecting the inner bad things of the subject, a form of self betrayal, lying.

Lyfing
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 06:02 PM
"Women have intelligence; men have character and passion."

"Stupidity in a woman is unfeminine."

"Is there a more sacred state than that of pregnancy?"

"The surest remedy for the male disease of self-contempt is the love of a sensible woman."

"The true man wants two things: danger and diversion. Therefore he wants woman, the most dangerous plaything."

"Woman is essentially unpeaceful."

"In revenge and in love, woman is more barbarous than man."

"The perfect woman tears you to pieces when she loves you."

"Woman understands children more than man, but man is more childish than woman."

-Nietzsche..;)

Jäger
Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
[..] -Nietzsche..;)
I am not sure what you want to say here. Could you relate that to what he said about women and lies?
That all he says about women is wrong, and therefor what he said about them and lies is wrong too?
I find his quotes pretty accurate.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I'm wondering how women determine whether a man is worthy of their time or not.

Northern Paladin
Monday, January 17th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Do you find you are attracted to people who resemble you, or your family members? I'm not advocating incest here, but I do think it's important to go for someone who resembles you, that is Atlantids dating Atlantids, etc...

Angela
Monday, June 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Do you find you are attracted to people who resemble you, or your family members? I'm not advocating incest here, but I do think it's important to go for someone who resembles you, that is Atlantids dating Atlantids, etc...

I'd say that belonging to the same etnicity is more important than being the same phenotype.

Goomer
Monday, June 13th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I am pretty much most attracted to men of similar ancestry. I suppose the phenotype might look more or less like a robust Nordid/CM/Alpinid mix. Although my husband is very tall and lean, so maybe I like the skinny guys too.

I got VERY lucky when my husband and I met back in 2002. Internet dating paid off:) He has all the qualities that are most important to me....and he really loves me.

Goomer
Monday, June 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I'm wondering how women determine whether a man is worthy of their time or not.

I can't speak for all women. But, for many of us, it's an intuitive thing. You just have a sense of the person. This is what happened for me when I met my husband:)

Elfriede
Monday, July 23rd, 2012, 10:08 PM
This is something I've actually been thinking about lately. I've come up with a few things that I think are really important qualities in the opposite sex.

For one thing, I must feel safe and protected around him. That is very important to me! If I were out with a man and someone tried to rob us, I can't have him hiding behind me. :P Men are supposed to be brave and strong, not wimps!

I could never be with someone who can't hold a deep/intelligent conversation. I love a good sense of humor, I really do, but there is a time and a place for everything. If I feel like I can't tell a guy something without him making a joke about it then there is a problem. There are also a few key things that we really must agree on. For example, I wouldn't date a pro-feminist leftist.

I also need a potential love interest to genuinely care about me and be honest with me and not just pretend to. That is crucial to any relationship. I consider myself a very empathetic person and I really do get upset when someone I like or love is having a bad day or is sick or sad etc... I just ask for the same in return :)

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that physical appearance doesn't matter at all, because it does and that is just natural. I'm really not very picky about that though.

And, of course, he must be Germanic ;)

Sjoerd
Monday, July 23rd, 2012, 11:01 PM
If I were out with a man and someone tried to rob us, I can't have him hiding behind me.

Well said! and if your man did cower behind you....then you simply unleash your inner Brunhild upon the thief!

http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/f/y/fycom/ring_the_nibelungs_img3.jpg

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg33/scaled.php?server=33&filename=thecurseofthering3.jpg&res=landing

Forest_Dweller
Monday, July 23rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
I don't think I could live with myself if I ever hid behind a woman when in danger, it'd be like tying your masculinity to an anvil and dropping it in a lake:|