PDA

View Full Version : The Nature of Germanics: War or Peace?

Norrøn
Sunday, December 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
What have given germanics most in return? Have we gained more by waging war or by building and maintaining the society we know today?

Schattenjäger
Sunday, December 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
We tear down anything that stands in our way first and build marvelous civilization later. We are warlike by nature and that is our way. :thumbup

Erlkönig
Sunday, December 26th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Wittmann
Sunday, December 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM
A modified quote I came up with, "The path to peace and unity for Germanics is paved with the blood of millions".

Ingomar
Tuesday, December 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Interesting. It's also notable to think about the inner struggle or Holy War, which isn't always the same as a war between nations, but surely within the nature of us Germanics.

About the subject of outer war (between tribes or nations) or peace, of course the Germanics, as human beings, not always 'enjoyed fighting' in the pure base meaning of this. On the other hand we shouldn't forget the amor fati, the love for ones fate, which not only humans but also the Gods characterize. See per example Ragnarok: although the Asir knew about their defeat against chaos, which was told to them in the Voluspa, they went to battle. Another example example: the saying that it's better to die fighting then on your bed (Havamal). I think there lies the difference between cowardly, also within pacifism, not being able to pull yourself together when you need to fight, either within yourself or against your outside enemies, or always being agressive towards other people. There is also the way of defend, but also attack, when necessary. In conclusion I certainly think the Nature of Germanics is that of war.

Meister
Monday, January 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Germany has been in less wars than any other European country, so I think we are peaceful at heart.

What confuses people is we are passionate about our race and that our race spans many countries across the world so we are large in number. Passion scares people, they see it as aggression when sometimes it is just pride.

Chamiz
Thursday, January 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Germany has been in less wars than any other European country, so I think we are peaceful at heart.

What confuses people is we are passionate about our race and that our race spans many countries across the world so we are large in number. Passion scares people, they see it as aggression when sometimes it is just pride.

i think we're cunning, and most other countrie's feared the germans. Even the Roman Empire decided that it would be unthrifty to fight against the giant germans.... read Tacitus :)

Unregistered
Saturday, May 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM

I agree with you majority of Germanics are for peace.There are people who pretend to be Germanics in this forum while actually they are not.

Unregistered
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I agree with you majority of Germanics are for peace.There are people who pretend to be Germanics in this forum while actually they are not.
Germanic are ready for war when it comes to defense of the country.
I read a lot of posts and I agree that a considerable amount of people in this forum are pretending to be Germanics or Germanic preservationists while actually theuy are not.

hyidi
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Germany as nation started in 1781; there was not much time for Germany to create many wars unlike there piears, the UK AND France; In saying so, I wish Germany started a war with the EU and kick there ass, and win while at it.

hyidi
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Germany as nation started in 1781; there was not much time for Germany to create many wars unlike there piears, the UK AND France; In saying so, I wish Germany started a war with the EU and kick there ass, and win while at it.

Correction! Correcting my own mistake! Germany as a nation started in the year 1871.

Ocko
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I do think that most of our energies is going into building civilization, creating a society where everybody has its place and feels well.

Even today as much is destroyed, other races follow us and want to live among us, because we are the most civilized and advanced people, currently destroyed by semites.

We fight, when we know our enemy and his evilness. We may be slow to grab the sword, as we prefer peace, but once taken up, there is no hesitation, no cowardice but determination and total will to succeed against any odds.

Our weakness is our goodness. It has its place but enemies applying to it most often get quarter when they shouldn't.

Our strength are in our customs, our way of life, designed by our olden Gods and carried through for 1000 years among psychological warfare and attacks.

Our worst fight is coming up, against our own brainwashed people.

Lets pick up the sword (our will be ironclad as the words and our minds as sharp) and fight for ourself and our culture, our lifeblood.

Unregistered
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I read a lot of posts and I agree that a considerable amount of people in this forum are pretending to be Germanics or Germanic preservationists while actually theuy are not.

What I meant that there are some anti-fa,anti-Germanics who pretending to be Germanic or Germanic preservationists.

wittwer
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
As Carl von Clausewitz ( a Prussian Military Theoretician) so aptly laid out in his uncompleted work, "On War", "War is not merely a political act, but also a Politico-Diplomatic instrument; a continuation of Political and Diplomatic relations. Which war is the carrying out of the same by other means".

This is practised by every Nation on the Planet more or less. Why should the Germanic Nations be any different? War? Nothing more than Diplomacy pursued by other means. Or too put it another way, "Peace is those interim times between Wars or vice versa"... ;)

Welcome to Realpolitik.

Hesse
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I'd say by nature we are calm, cool and relaxed (peaceful) but if worse comes to worst and we need to defend our land and our people we become warss. I think Hitler was naturally a peace loving man but he felt the only way our fatherland would retain peace for many years to come is if we fought hard.

He didn't start a war in spite of being a peace loving man but because he was one.

Donnerschall
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Correction! Correcting my own mistake! Germany as a nation started in the year 1871.

No, you must have ment Germany as a state, Germany as a nation exist much much longer. The state and nation are two differrent things.
You could be living in Australia for the tenth generation and be German, provided that your ancestors had all been German and that they and you had been keeping up your inherrited culture.

If you consider one of Goethe statements (in his time) "Germany, is were you can send a parcel from one end to the other end of the country (meaning whereever German was spokenall German kingdoms of the time) and it arriving at its destination, without beeing tampered with. (my own translation, unfortunately I don´t have the text were it stems from at hand, but maybe some other German reader can assist).

Edgard
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Its way newer than most nations so that hardly says much.

The English are built for war we are a race of lion hearted men who have fought on every shore. What shore knows not our blood? War is not our problem, political correctness and the wrong wars are. Why are we in the wars now? We don't seem to get anything from it.

Alfadur
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Historically, the Germanics have been the best at war. Nowadays, we're the worst.

Most white ethnicities are been good at war. The Meds, the Germanics, and (to a lesser extent) the Slavs have all been aggressive empire-builders at some point.

As we became more civilized we softened up. We further became softened up after World War II thanks to the PC doctrine of the "progressive" liberals.

Definitely. It's weird how our liberals did much more damage than the communists in the USSR.

Feverfew
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 12:45 AM
The English are built for war we are a race of lion hearted men who have fought on every shore. What shore knows not our blood? War is not our problem, political correctness and the wrong wars are. Why are we in the wars now? We don't seem to get anything from it.

I agree. War is sometimes necessary, and sometimes profits a people. But this country is involved in wars that are none of our business. We should focus on protection of our own people, protection of this land, and not send our young men and women off to be killed in Muslim countries.

Goomer
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I can't answer this accurately because I am female. Females are generally less aggressive and warlike than males. Although women certainly like to wage war on each other...

My gut tells me Germanics are more Warlike. Colonization points to this. Even Japan, with its brilliant population, have not gone to the lengths of the Earth to Colonize and conquer distant lands.

I think Germanics have a restless streak inside. Not sure why.

hyidi
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
No, you must have ment Germany as a state, Germany as a nation exist much much longer. The state and nation are two differrent things.

If you consider one of Goethe statements (in his time) "Germany, is were you can send a parcel from one end to the other end of the country (meaning whereever German was spokenall German kingdoms of the time) and it arriving at its destination, without beeing tampered with. (my own translation, unfortunately I don´t have the text were it stems from at hand, but maybe some other German reader can assist).
There was no such thing called Germany or Germans until 1871. Germany is actually a younger nation/country than the United states of America! Yes,there were tribes of people living on the current German land prior to 1871 but it was not declared as Germany or Germans. ;)

You could be living in Australia for the tenth generation and be German, provided that your ancestors had all been German and that they and you had been keeping up your inherrited culture.I don't think this as anything to do with Germany being a young nation; I don't follow you on this one,sorry. (and it's not cause of you're English,it's good English) ;)

Caledonian
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Both creation and destruction are necessary in their own right at times.

Both have their uses.

hyidi
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I think Germanics have a restless streak inside. Not sure why.
Brain power! Germanics have such high smart inntelligent brain power, we build and invented things to travel and defeat other humans for land. The only other race that comes close to us Europeans with brain power is the Asians. Like you, I have no idea why they never travel as much as Europeans; maybe you're right, maybe us Europeans do have war-streak in our blood!

Hilderinc
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 07:42 AM
My gut tells me Germanics are more Warlike. Colonization points to this. Even Japan, with its brilliant population, have not gone to the lengths of the Earth to Colonize and conquer distant lands.

Colonization is derived from an advanced society, rather than military. The society has to have to the will to expand (and more importantly, the means to.) Even though Japanese society was quite advanced (and military also), it was very stagnant until it encountered Westernization.

Imperialism seems to signal that a society is no longer advancing, but starting to decline. They are able to expand their territorial holdings, but not necessarily their 'control' of these territories. Control meaning actually living and being the majority population on the land. Spaniards never became the majority population in the conquered territories in their empire. Is it any coincidence that their motivation was the will of a few explorers and clergymen, rather than the whole society, as were the English, who became the majority in Canada, Australia, and the USA?

A good example of how expansion and war are not the same, there are many African and South American tribes who constantly wage war with each other, there are even civil wars, various 'conflicts,' and 'genocides' going on within African states by organized, non-tribal political factions. These groups kill each other and whoever wins gets control of power and resources, but their people do not expand on the conquered tribe's land, nor do they continue to expand (they are focused on a general region or single state rather than "far off lands.")

I think Germanics are in general peaceful, but know what to fight for.

Ocko
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 10:20 AM
In the past germanics had always a surplus of people which at one point could not be nourished by the land inhabited. then they sent their young one away to occupy new lands. that habit seems to run only in germanics.

BritishLad
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 11:19 AM

I agree but the leftist traitors have turned most of the population against our attempts to fight the invaders as some sort of "white supremicist" and "racist" BS. :thumbdown for stupid governments!

Hesse
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM
maybe you're right, maybe us Europeans do have war-streak in our blood!

Some of us, but not all