PDA

View Full Version : 277 Ways to Save Money

Hersir
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 03:52 PM
When money is tight, it’s time to save. Just about everyone can benefit from saving a bit, including many businesses. Continuing with our personal development series and in support of Audio Transcription‘s many cash conscious customers and their businesses, I present the world’s longest list of ways to save money.

http://www.audiotranscription.org/how-to-save-money/

genius
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 04:22 PM
The biggest way to save money is to work together. Get involved in some local folk community (a church, hof, kindred, whatever) and help each other out.

What I mean is share things and so forth rather than trying to do everything alone.

Schattenjäger
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Virtually all fortunes of chinese millionaires in Malaya and Singapore were built on collective self-association, not on individual selfishness. The chinese group was working like one organism with strict goals and after 100 years, descendants of poor peasants became owners of that countries :)

Sciuirse Morrigna
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Good stuff there.

Two things that really helped me save money:
1.) Log EVERYTHING I buy.
2.) Stop buying crap I don't need.

Hersir
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Good stuff there.

Two things that really helped me save money:
1.) Log EVERYTHING I buy.
2.) Stop buying crap I don't need.

Yes, the first step of frugality: REFUSE!

tomtom
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Some of the ways I have managed to save money are: a) grow my own fruits and vegetables b) sew my own nursing/medical scrub uniforms c) donate items from my household to charities such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, Children's Hospital Network, and the St. Vincent DePaul/Catholic Charities. I obtain a receipt for the items I donated. I then use that receipt for items I donated for income tax purposes at the end of the year. d) I sell items at craft faires and swap meets. I sell items such as hand-made dolls, clothing, purses/bags. I am very fortunate I know how to sew and knit. I also both sell(and donate) quilts that I make. e) I took a cosmetology course in high school. I have kept my cosmetology license current. I cut and style my family and friends hair for free. f) I am a co-owner/manager of a home-health/nursing registry.