PDA

View Full Version : Long Haired Men [Poll For Ladies Only]

LupaFreo
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 01:35 PM
What does everyone else think of men with long hair? What area in history did men have long hair? I understand that the vikings wore their hair long, as did men during the middle ages and 17th, 18th and even early 19th centuries also did and they had it decourated and tied back. Also interestingly enough, some people told me that during the 1940's men who had longish hair at the front and top that would dangle below their eyes and nose was considered to be "long hair" at the time.

blut-ehre
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Well... i'm not a girl so i'm to responding to what i think about guys with long hair but also a little piece of history - during the (a if not the) english revolution there were the long hairs and the short hairs, the hair cut seperated them tehe... forgot what they called eachother though :(

WarMaiden
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 03:33 PM
My dad has long long hair, and my husband has long hair... I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee long haired men :D

bocian
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I like women with short hair. :D

Milesian
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Well... i'm not a girl so i'm to responding to what i think about guys with long hair but also a little piece of history - during the (a if not the) english revolution there were the long hairs and the short hairs, the hair cut seperated them tehe... forgot what they called eachother though :(

Yes, you are reffering to the Cavaliers (Royalists) and the Round-heads (Parliamentarians) of the English civil war period. Short hair was often associated with revolutionary movements.
I believe that short hair became the fashion in post-Revolutionary France. The Irish with French sympathies (such as the United Irishmen) also adopted this style, hence they were reffered to as "Croppies"

Taras Bulba
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I prefer my hair short, and I believe men in general should have their hair short. I do make exceptions to priests and monks though, since they're not allowed to shave or cut their hair(at least in the Eastern tradition).

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 04:02 PM
It depends on the man. Some men, like dalonord or Triglav, look good with long hair. It suits their faces and personalities.

Ederico
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 04:08 PM
It depends on the man. Some men, like dalonord or Triglav, look good with long hair. It suits their faces and personalities.

You've seen me with short and longer hair? Should I cut it? I'd appreciate the comment of a woman like you instead of the usual girls around here. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 04:10 PM
You've seen me with short and longer hair? Should I cut it? I'd appreciate the comment of a woman like you instead of the usual girls around here. :)I like your long hair and goatee. I think it makes you look more masculine and less 'boyish'. It also gives you a bit of the 'bad boy' look. ;)

I say keep it.

Ederico
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I like your long hair and goatee. I think it makes you look more masculine and less 'boyish'. It also gives you a bit of the 'bad boy' look. ;)

I say keep it.

Finally someone that agrees with me. :D

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Finally someone that agrees with me. :DI also don't think you need to lose any weight. I like a strong, solid man with some nice cushioning... like a teddy bear.

You look good just the way you are so have another beer and a sandwich and be good to yourself.

Ederico
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 05:20 PM
I also don't think you need to lose any weight. I like a strong, solid man with some nice cushioning... like a teddy bear.

You look good just the way you are so have another beer and a sandwich and be good to yourself.

:D Thank you, I still think I have to lose weight though, not everyone thinks it like you, plus it would be healthier.

Phill
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I love my long hair, and I can't wait until it gets even longer. I plan on letting it grow until I don't like it/it's too much bother to have, then i'll cut it to whatever length i liked it best at before.

If I ever get drafted, they'll have to drag me kicking and screaming to the barber...

Anne14
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Some men look reeeeeeaaaaalllllly good with long hair - others look like total idiots. Depends on the guy I guess. I'm usually attracted the military look though. :inlove

Demigorgona
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 07:32 PM
I like my men to have short hair ... its just more masculine looking.

Allenson
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 07:39 PM

Why thank you indeed. :)

Yep, I wear it long and have for many years now. I agree that it depends on the fellow though.

I'm not well-versed in the history of men's hair fashions but a couple things stick out: I seem to remember reading that men in ancient Germanic and likely other Indo-European groups as well, tended to wear their hair long.

Also, in colonial times here in America, many men wore their hair long and if they were balding, they'd wear a wig...

nicholas
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I like having long hair but if it gets anywhere near my shoulders it makes me look effeminate if i'm clean shaven at the time. Last time I cut it it was past the shoulders and I ended up havin some idiot walk up behind me and grab my ass.

Boy did he get a surprise when I turned around and told him to go F**K himself.

LOL!

Nicholas

WarMaiden
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 09:36 PM
I like having long hair but if it gets anywhere near my shoulders it makes me look effeminate if i'm clean shaven at the time. Last time I cut it it was past the shoulders and I ended up havin some idiot walk up behind me and grab my ass.

Boy did he get a surprise when I turned around and told him to go F**K himself.

LOL!

Nicholas
Hahahaha Funny, i don't think my dad or husband have ever been mistaken for women :P

Triglav
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 09:50 PM

:emb

Thank you very much indeed. :fhdkiss: My mom says I look like 16 without my long hair and goatee and almost 30 with them.

Long hair is a sign of masculinity and fierceness. I hope I don't grow bald all to soon :metal

kinvolk
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 01:17 AM
I have always had very short hair. The old #2 on the buzzer. but last summer a hairstylist friend of mine put extensions in my hair and turned me into one sexy looking son of a gun. Women would pull thier cars over to talk with me , push thier carts into mine at the store, etc. etc. so now I am growing my hair out . Its to my collar now and I hope I have enough patience to keep at it until its long. How long will it take to grow to the middle of my back ? Does any one know? Its taken 8 months to grow to my collar. Does it speed up or slow down as it gets longer? How can I increase the speed to which it grows?

Ewergrin
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Hair is the outward sign of lifeforce, and to cut it is to strangle your lifeforce. I love my lifeforce. :)

Demigorgona
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 02:09 AM
kinvolk ... it takes about a month to grow half an inch to an inch of hair depending on how fast your hair grows. You can try hair growth pills... but they are expensive ... I know that this might be odd ... but get some prenatal vitamins; they have the same ingredients that hair growth pills have but WAY cheaper, you can get a bottle of 500 from walmart for like 10 bucks. Don't worry ... they won't make you grow boobs ;P but they will help your hair grow faster and stronger. Your nails too btw, i have to cut my nails once a week now they are growing so fast because of the vitamins.

You might also want to get your hair trimmed every few months, just to get rid of split ends.

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Hair is the outward sign of lifeforce, and to cut it is to strangle your lifeforce. I love my lifeforce. :)
Hahahaha nice answer :D

Mac Seafraidh
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I am growing my hair for the first time in my life right now(tried a few times before). It is down to my mouth(Yes, I am a beginner so you can laugh at how short it is lol.) I have had many different haircuts in my lifetime though. I am glad I never had the rat tail though. The hair cut that I have had the most is a shaved head which I am going to do after I get sick of having long hair. I used to shave it myself everyday at one point.

berserkergrrl
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 09:32 PM
My man used to have long hair long ago,then kept it shaved,now he has to keep it just short.I like it that way or shaved*swoon*But as someone said it really depends on the person,soem it looks good and others it doesn't!

LupaFreo
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Another tip of making hair grow quickly is not to use blow dryers if you can.

Mistress Klaus
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 12:01 PM
All my past boyfriends ONLY had long hair...but now I am 29...I have somewhat grown out of the preference. It depends on the man. ;)....and what army he belongs to...military or barbarian...he he.. :D

LegsAkimbo
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I love long hair on men! I don't really care for that stringy, hippy long hair :spider I guess you could say I like that rocker type long hair:fpunk: Not all guys can pull off that look!

These LongHaired guys make my blood pressure rise!

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Besides my hubbie my fav long haired guys are...

Hate Eternal Yum Yum
http://www.hateeternal.com/images/photos/mar212000/erik2.jpg

Jon Vesano from Nile
http://www.rockezine.net/calendar/may03/Jon_Vesano.jpg

Pete Steele from Carnivore / Type O Negative
http://www.agathodaimon.de/NewImages/Pete.jpg

Scoob
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 07:46 PM
The standard "Western prestige" men's short haircut and clean-shaven face is an aesthetic that came from the Roman Empire.

Greeks used to wear beards, and the Celts and Germans often had wild long hair, lots of tattoos, or even spiked and bleached hair.

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 07:51 PM
the Celts and Germans often had wild long hair, lots of tattoos, or even spiked and bleached hair. Sounds great to me :D

LegsAkimbo
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Ah! WarMaiden! Most excellent choice! Pete Steele:carrot !

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Ah! WarMaiden! Most excellent choice! Pete Steele:carrot !
I'll second the Carrot dance when it comes to the mighty fine Pete Steele :carrot

LegsAkimbo
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 08:50 PM
How about a Banana dance for these:banana

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Believe me i have spent many a night going through his photo spread in a certain magazine :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Mistress Klaus
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 09:11 PM
You gals are naughty!...he he he...that topless one of Steele ain't too bad... ;)

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 09:17 PM
You gals are naughty!...he he he...that topless one of Steele ain't too bad... ;)
Me naughty? it's all just vicious rumours and propaganda :D

LegsAkimbo
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Yes War Maiden, I have also seen THAT magazine as well. Strange, all of sudden, I have a craving for a cucumber.

:cucumber:cucumber:cucumber:cucumber:cuc umber

Me? Naughty? HEY! I resemble that remark! :D

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Yes War Maiden, I have also seen THAT magazine as well. Strange, all of sudden, I have a craving for a cucumber.

:cucumber:cucumber:cucumber:cucumber:cuc umber

Me? Naughty? HEY! I resemble that remark! :D
WarMaiden Faints "such profainity" :-O

LegsAkimbo
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 09:43 PM
WarMaiden Faints "such profainity" :-O
OOPS! I hope I didn't violate :rulez

Abby Normal
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Long hair is better than no hair at all :P, but I prefer men with short hair (y'know, normal length hair for a man). It's more masculine! :P

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Long hair is better than no hair at all :P, but I prefer men with short hair (y'know, normal length hair for a man). It's more masculine! :P
Whatever floats your boat dear lady :D

Nordgau
Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 11:48 AM
What about "men with a Hitler hairstyle", where the hair is shortest at the neck and longest where it hangs over the forehead? I've got mine quite similar to that Hitlerjunge in Loki's Avatar and also receive from time to time remarks about my "Nazi hairstyle" or that I looked "like a Hitlerjunge". :P

Johannes de León
Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 12:33 PM
i love my long hair... just take a look at it and judge by yourselves... hehe :D

Vestmannr
Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I've had it down to my waist, had it just like Hitler's (no intention, though I kept wondering why waiters and street kids were saluting me with 'Heil Hitler' etc.) Had my hair high and tight, Norman style, Roman style, shaved, but I've gone back finally to the buzz cut. It is low maintenance, a soldier's haircut. With long hair, I spent too much time in maintenance: fine hair requires more care. Besides, wasnt there a study showing that in any conflict, those with the shortest haircuts win? ;)

LegsAkimbo
Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 05:55 PM
i love my long hair... just take a look at it and judge by yourselves... hehe :D

WOW! Can I have a lock of your hair? :nut

LegsAkimbo
Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I've had it down to my waist, had it just like Hitler's (no intention, though I kept wondering why waiters and street kids were saluting me with 'Heil Hitler' etc.) Had my hair high and tight, Norman style, Roman style, shaved, but I've gone back finally to the buzz cut. It is low maintenance, a soldier's haircut. With long hair, I spent too much time in maintenance: fine hair requires more care. Besides, wasnt there a study showing that in any conflict, those with the shortest haircuts win? ;)

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a "Norman style" haircut? :-O

Vestmannr
Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Norman haircut, shaved on the sides and up the back, long on the top/front. It is basically the way the Norman knights wore their hair.

http://www.conquest.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hpic8.htm

It is like the opposite of the old Celtic monastic tonsure.

Line18
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 05:08 PM
i prefer bold men.. :)

Abby Normal
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 04:55 AM
What about "men with a Hitler hairstyle", where the hair is shortest at the neck and longest where it hangs over the forehead? I've got mine quite similar to that Hitlerjunge in Loki's Avatar and also receive from time to time remarks about my "Nazi hairstyle" or that I looked "like a Hitlerjunge". :P
Cool! I love Loki's avatar, especially his hair! :)

Nordgau
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Cool! I love Loki's avatar, especially his hair! :)

I think he has an other avatar now. ;)

This was his old one (at least a part of it):

http://www.grossmont.k12.ca.us/mcdowell/history/projects/propaganda_wq/postersB/hj.jpg

Glenlivet
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 01:58 PM
The creativeness and unique style there seem to not give the most aesthetically pleasing result. I guess that everything has its time. That would look totally retarded now.

Norman haircut, shaved on the sides and up the back, long on the top/front. It is basically the way the Norman knights wore their hair.

http://www.conquest.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hpic8.htm

It is like the opposite of the old Celtic monastic tonsure.

DrPest
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 02:07 PM
:sway

Hallo,

I think men with long hair are more unattractive. From the rear they look like women. This is very awful. I hate it. Every day you must wash your hair. Otherwise see sheds greasily out.

My Result: Men cut your hairs. It's muscolin and the girls love it ;) !

Regards
DrPest

Glenlivet
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Another similar one is when the hair is long on top and pushed back. Maybe the sides are cut more. I think of something similar to Thomas Kretschmann's hairstyle in the film Stalingrad (1993). I think that it looks great with his "Anglo-Saxon" head shape.

Abby Normal
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Since I like men with feminine facial features, a masculine haircut helps them to not look like girls.

LupaFreo
Thursday, July 1st, 2004, 12:58 AM
Interesting posts. I find rugged men with long hair very attractive, like Conan the barbarian and many of those warriors in Lord of the Rings :) but also men with short hair are equally delicious. Yes and "Nazi" hairstyles on men are very appealing, I like them a lot.

shockgrrrl
Thursday, July 1st, 2004, 01:21 PM
I prefer long hair on a man, considering it goes well with his facial features. I'd esp. like a long redhaired guy ;) .

Glenlivet
Thursday, July 1st, 2004, 02:02 PM
Red hair and long hair :D! Well, they cannot be too popular. I believe that you can pick and chose as you wish, among the few that you may find.

Can you tell me what kind of facial feature would go well with long hair?

I prefer long hair on a man, considering it goes well with his facial features. I'd esp. like a long redhaired guy ;) .

shockgrrrl
Sunday, July 18th, 2004, 12:12 PM
"Red hair and long hair ! Well, they cannot be too popular. I believe that you can pick and chose as you wish, among the few that you may find.
Can you tell me what kind of facial feature would go well with long hair?"

Heh, now if I could only find a guy with long red hair!

I think the best features are smaller features. Long hair can accentuate longer/bigger noses, chins etc-which of course you don't wanna do. If ya got a big forehead, longer hair doesn't look as good either. Guys with baby faces tend to look pretty cute with long hair. If the guy's face is pretty(boy) he might look too girly-- add a goetee? I guess it'd have to be how all the features add up and the over all face shape. As, it is the same with women's hair with face shape and hair styles. Well, really I'd have to see pictures :dlook

WarMaiden
Sunday, July 18th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Heh, now if I could only find a guy with long red hair! :dlook
I know one, but he is in Dublin Ireland (:o

Strengthandhonour
Sunday, July 18th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Hey!
I have long hair. It's really black and people say it makes my blue eyes show very well. People have told me before that I look like Connan the Barbarian(Minus all the huge muscles of course! ;) ) does this mean I Am sexy? :D
haha joking

aus_princess
Sunday, July 18th, 2004, 07:08 PM
of course it does sweety :)

chamogirl
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 11:25 PM
now you have my attention

Kel`Thuz
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 10:01 AM
how aboot this one? :D

Vestmannr
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Put him in a cassock and he could be a monk at Valamo or the Great Lavra. :D

SudVolk
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Hey!
I have long hair. It's really black and people say it makes my blue eyes show very well. People have told me before that I look like Connan the Barbarian(Minus all the huge muscles of course! ;) ) does this mean I Am sexy? :D
haha jokingNo, it means you should pay a visit to the barbers, and stop being so self-obsessed :D

She-Wolf
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 01:28 AM
http://www.longhairedmen.com/

Libertad
Monday, September 27th, 2004, 07:26 AM
This is my favourite brunette.

He is even better if he "don't" catch the ball.:D

Zyklop
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM

I also have a Hitler-Youth haircut, similar to this one:

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24228&stc=1

Short hair is easier to wash, doesn´t provide any surface during fighting and which girl doesn´t love to stroke shorn occiputs? :)

The Blond Beast
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I also have a Hitler-Youth haircut...

I also sport "The Prussian":

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13030

Nordgau
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 07:00 PM
I also have a Hitler-Youth haircut, similar to this one:

My hair is similar at the forehead, but the antagonism to the short-shorn sides and back of the head isn't that extreme at me. :D

I also have to be always a bit a master in arranging that blonde stuff on its right place above the forehead, because I have in the edges of the forehead slight tendencies of hairloss. :~(

Glenlivet
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Strong Corded element?

I attach some more pictures (from the film Stalingrad) for you.

I think that he would be called Trönder in Sweden and Nordenstreng too thought that the Nordid in Germany is often Sveatyp (=Trönder).

I also sport "The Prussian":

Glenlivet
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 07:11 PM
More pictures of Thomas Kretschmann.

I think that he look like a Baltic or Russian Nordid. Don't you think so too?

Zyklop
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 07:27 PM
My hair is similar at the forehead, but the antagonism to the short-shorn sides and back of the head isn't that extreme at me. :D

My hair gets shorn roundabout at 6mm every few weeks. At the top I let it grow until it becomes too long.

[I also have to be always a bit a master in arranging that blonde stuff on its right place above the forehead, because I have in the edges of the forehead slight tendencies of hairloss. :~(

Same here! I also have to cover up Geheimratsecken :D :-O :| :~(

Stahl
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Hej, I have long, black hair. I would like to have a "Hitlerjunge Quex-Cut" too. But I've waited for my hair to reach this length for nearly 3 years so I'm very cling to my hair now. Its great to have long hair in winter btw. :D. It looks also pretty stupid if you try to headbang with short hair. <- Important reason!:)
But most girl tell me that i look better with short hair :~(.
I will have to cut my hair in 3 years, when I finnished school, anyway. Sadly I have to, when I want to join the Bundeswehr.

She-Wolf
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 09:41 PM
http://www.ellott.clara.net/longhair.htm

Libertad
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 10:36 PM
http://www.ellott.clara.net/longhair.htmI know a argentinian journalist (ex-CNN en español) "clon" of this guy. I think he's better with short hair.:D
Rolando Graña.
http://americatv.uolsinectis.com.ar/pabellon5/images/pab_01.jpg
http://www.noticias.uolsinectis.com.ar/edicion_1398/images/seccion_television_foto_1.jpg
http://www.intervoz.com.ar/2003/1230/std97955.jpg

http://www.grandiosas.ciudad.com.ar/grafica/img_ficha_foto_20030510.gifhttp://images.google.com.ar/images?q=tbn:ae1CCQz1nSIJ:http://www.eneldial.com/ENTREVISTAS
http://www.noticias.uolsinectis.com.ar/edicion_1426/images/seccion_television_foto_1.jpg

kinvolk
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Mine grew pretty long. But I HATED it! Folks didnt take me seriously. Now I'm back to the #2 shave, and in my braces and boots, Monkeys clear the sidwalk for me ! Skinhead for LIFE!!!

Rey
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 11:54 PM
<-- There it is.

Libertad
Sunday, October 31st, 2004, 01:46 AM
I don't like shaving heads.
I like a little the skinheads on blacks or bald people (old people).

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, October 31st, 2004, 06:30 AM
There is a reason men have short hair. As the Isrealis. Their favorite trick (in martial arts) as grabbing the hair, then releasing tension, then reapplying it and slamming your head into their knee. The real Conan had short hair. Paul von Hindenberg had short hair. General Eisenhower had short hair. General Zukov had short hair. All real warriors have short hair so that it doesn't become a handle to their end. Pretty boys, Fabio, etc. have long hair. Make your decision.

LupaFreo
Wednesday, December 8th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Short hair on soldiers is out of convenience and modern views of what is considered tidiness. Warriors in the olden days tied their long hair up, or they wore it lose but they cut off the arms of their enemies who tried to grab them by the hair. The "real Conan" (do you mean Arnie or the type of warlike barbarian the character is based on)? Anyway not all long-haired men are posy, there are some very masculine, rough, tattooed bikers and such who outgrew their military haircuts.

I also like the image of the Saxon warrior who used to appear on the English Skadi banner.

Master-of-Swords
Wednesday, December 8th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Short hair on soldiers is out of convenience and modern views of what is considered tidiness. Warriors in the olden days tied their long hair up, or they wore it lose but they cut off the arms of their enemies who tried to grab them by the hair. The "real Conan" (do you mean Arnie or the type of warlike barbarian the character is based on)? Anyway not all long-haired men are posy, there are some very masculine, rough, tattooed bikers and such who outgrew their military haircuts.

I also like the image of the Saxon warrior who used to appear on the English Skadi banner.
The Germanic tribe of the Suebi tied their hair up in a knot to the side of the head.

shockgrrrl
Monday, January 17th, 2005, 08:04 AM
<-- There it is.
Pretty hair. :D

Oskorei
Thursday, January 20th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I have only one thing to say: NSBM, National Socialist Black Metal :D

That being said, long hair could be associated with mystics, at least one can get such an impression from anthropology. And NSBM is sort of a reawakening of the mystic and spiritual in Western man (at least it has that potential).

Phill
Thursday, January 20th, 2005, 04:23 AM
*Cuddle his locks of love*

Perhaps later I might dig up a picture and actually post it. :)

fenriSS_
Thursday, January 20th, 2005, 06:30 PM
I like middle long hair with a quisling cut, like some of my friends call it:D

Altruist
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I'm letting my hair grow a bit because I used to just have it shaved. I think this is more of a traditional statement. I'm guessing I'll be shaving it in the summer out of necessity, though. It makes me so dang hot.

Odin Biggles
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Ive always had my hair short because I prefer it that way, Ive thought about having it long but Id look like a girly man like Triglav :D

Huzar
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I'd like to let my hair growing too, but i seem a "Neanderthal" man, in this way....:-O

catchmeifyoukhan
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Solar Wolff]There is a reason men have short hair. As the Isrealis. Their favorite trick (in martial arts) as grabbing the hair, then releasing tension, then reapplying it and slamming your head into their knee. QUOTE]

The Israelian martial art you are quoting is known as "Krav Maga" (street fight). It is also in use in the French Gendarmerie to catch riotists, by everyting which is prominent : hair, beard, nose, ears, even eyebrows. And finally a good kick in between the legs :D

catchmeifyoukhan
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
The real Conan had short hair. Paul von Hindenberg had short hair. General Eisenhower had short hair. General Zukov had short hair. All real warriors have short hair so that it doesn't become a handle to their end. Pretty boys, Fabio, etc. have long hair. Make your decision.
:thumbup There is at least a good reason to let your hair grow ... they will remain straight or wavy, and not curly or frizzy like the Jackson five. It will promote blondness instead of gay boldness or gangsta crew cuts.;)

fenriSS_
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Are we talking about conan the barbarian played by Arnold. I'm a fan of the Conan cartoons and the original writer's race thoughts. Awnsome;)

shockgrrrl
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Not girly, but very Viking like!

The guys with long hair that I have dated were more masuline(which muscles, built etc.) than the guys with short hair. They seem to balence it out well.:thumbup

Ive always had my hair short because I prefer it that way, Ive thought about having it long but Id look like a girly man like Triglav :D

Huzar
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Not girly, but very Viking like!

The guys with long hair that I have dated were more masuline(which muscles, built etc.) than the guys with short hair. They seem to balence it out well.:thumbup

well, it means i'll let my hair growing :D

Imperator X
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 09:19 PM
The Vikings dyed their hair blond with Lye. They also dyed it red using a mineral. The Vikings also were able to make very complex braids with long hair. I also think long hair looks very masculine and distinctly European when coupled with long beards.

Does anyone have any examples or images depicting European hair ornamentation or complex long hairstyles?

-Imperator.

Boyer
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I think hair length is a.. how do i put it. "Personal" thing in the way that it differs from person to person, and is a part of your personality. You can't really go around saying that those über heavy rockers with long hair look so girly can you?

My hair is long, and I like it this way. Can't explain why but.. Rock on?

alphaknave
Sunday, March 27th, 2005, 03:36 AM
My hair is fairly short, but this is not of my choosing. Since I go to a Catholic school, I am forced by the administration to have it cut before it gets long. During the summer I tend to grow it out. This summer I plan to shave it all off and let it grow back naturally with facial hair as it should. I prefer traditional hair styles. Long in peacetime. Short in battle.

Torn_Humana
Sunday, March 27th, 2005, 12:28 PM
The modern tradition of short hair in the military came from WWI in Europe, as they did not want their men to get infestations in their hair (lice, fleas, etc..).

I keep mine as long as school will allow it.

Oskorei
Sunday, March 27th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there ever was Germanic or Indo-Aryan tribes or individuals with dreadlocks historically?

I've read that the Rastafarians copied the dreadlocks from their Hindu neighbours, and with Hinduism being partially descended from Indo-European stock and all... ;)

Nordanvind
Monday, March 28th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I just cut off my hair, having had long hair for many years. Now I have the good old german soldier haircut =)

Helleruin
Monday, July 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
:fhdclap: :bow :heartflow :fhugs: :voteyes, . . eh, . . . don't mind me , i always do this when i see his pictures!!!!!!!!!!! :tired2:

Krabat
Monday, July 18th, 2005, 03:30 PM
The majority of ancient European men would have had long hair and the majority of them would have bean more masculine than the modern short haired business men. Short hair and clean shaven face is just a modern stereotype that I could not care less about. Men should grow al the hair that nature gave them as much as they want to, the Vikings did it and nobody is going to argue with a Viking.

Krabat
Monday, July 18th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I have always had very short hair. The old #2 on the buzzer. but last summer a hairstylist friend of mine put extensions in my hair and turned me into one sexy looking son of a gun. Women would pull thier cars over to talk with me , push thier carts into mine at the store, etc. etc. so now I am growing my hair out . Its to my collar now and I hope I have enough patience to keep at it until its long. How long will it take to grow to the middle of my back ? Does any one know? Its taken 8 months to grow to my collar. Does it speed up or slow down as it gets longer? How can I increase the speed to which it grows?It took me really long to grow my hair long. make sure you cut your tips regularly so you don't get any split ends. split ends slow down the growth that is why it took me so long. If your hair is straight it will aper to be longer sooner. I think most people are able to grow 1 cm of hair per month.

Krabat
Monday, July 18th, 2005, 03:47 PM

I also like the image of the Saxon warrior who used to appear on the English Skadi banner.My thoughts exactly.

http://www.worldofmidgard.com/globalGFX/page_blacksmith.jpg

Blutwölfin
Monday, July 18th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Do you remember Samson? His strenght was in his hair - his long hair. If you have a look at old warriors and heroes, all of them had long hair. It's the traditional cut for northern men, I think. Short hair for men is a quite "modern" ideal of beauty.

So I prefer long haired men, too. And I don't think they look more feminine than short haired, quite the contrary. ;)

Todesritter
Monday, July 18th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I am indifferent to the aesthetic, when I was a child I was near to being a feral human in many respects and my hair was very long and unkempt, I have had my head completely shaved for some years, and also now wear it about military/police regulation length.

I believe soldiers began to be required to have the hair cut short, not just to make them uniform in appearance, but also for hygienic reasons.

As a person who likes to hike through rough areas, I like short hair for this; I do not need to worry about bees or ticks getting stuck in my hair, or it catching on fire when I start a blaze.

UmbraWraith
Tuesday, July 19th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I have long blond hair and I like it very much. I have had short hair before but I just ended up looking like a little punk , honestly to say. I think I look better with the long hair. ;) :thumbup

Sifsvina
Tuesday, July 19th, 2005, 02:33 AM
The majority of ancient European men would have had long hair and the majority of them would have bean more masculine than the modern short haired business men. Short hair and clean shaven face is just a modern stereotype that I could not care less about. Men should grow al the hair that nature gave them as much as they want to, the Vikings did it and nobody is going to argue with a Viking.:doh That all vikings wore their hair long is a myth!!!!!! Almost every extant depiction I've seen of a "viking" or man of the time has hair at the very least shorter than his chin. The bit that hangs down the back out from under the helmet is chain mail not hair! Why would Harald the Fairhaired's vow not to cut his hair have any significance unless it was unusual? Some may have had long hair but it was defiantly not the rule for all! Long hair/short, clean shaven face/beards (full or partial) has come and gone since very very long ago. Sometimes it was specific to tribe or area (or season) and then as we get closer to modern times trends moved through larger areas. Sometimes hair length showed status or the respect of age, sometimes an indication of being somewhat outside regular life -a wanderer or holy person. And then what actually constitutes "long hair" differs with time. In recent times some have considered letting your hair grow a few inches made someone a dirty long hair! I've seen pictures from the 50's 60's of guys with what I would consider fairly short hair that were abused for having long hair. Many artistic renditions of historical scenes have the men with long hair, this does not mean they had it! It just means that the artist (or society at the time)thought they did or that it fit the image. Of course long wild hair suits the image of a big scary barbarian more than neatly groomed short hair:-) German men of the renaissance had short hair(besides certain types of priests), no more than chin length but usually about an inch long for warriors.
Wear your hair how you like. Wear what looks good on you. It varies radically from person to person what actually looks good on them and then it depends on the taste or prior beliefs of the person looking at them. I used to have a thing for long hair, now I really don't care as long as it looks good on the man. I like men with unusual looks -at least the ones that can get away with it:-) Long hair(alot of the pictures posted on this thread are yummy), buzzed, Mohawk, dapper early 1900's whatever, Short with elaborate mustachios, whatever, just do it with style. (I can't find a picture of one of the more unusually looks I like -curly hair long at the top short at sides, parted at the side and smoothed down. Most people think this is a horribly geeky look but I think it is great on the right guy!)
And if your hair is thinning or really sad looking buzz it!
I apologize for the messy post -making dinner for my buzzed headed man;-)
:valkyrie

Krabat
Tuesday, July 19th, 2005, 02:16 PM
:doh That all vikings wore their hair long is a myth!!!!!! Almost every extant depiction I've seen of a "viking" or man of the time has hair at the very least shorter than his chin. The bit that hangs down the back out from under the helmet is chain mail not hair! Why would Harald the Fairhaired's vow not to cut his hair have any significance unless it was unusual? Some may have had long hair but it was defiantly not the rule for all! Long hair/short, clean shaven face/beards (full or partial) has come and gone since very very long ago. Sometimes it was specific to tribe or area (or season) and then as we get closer to modern times trends moved through larger areas. Sometimes hair length showed status or the respect of age, sometimes an indication of being somewhat outside regular life -a wanderer or holy person. And then what actually constitutes "long hair" differs with time. In recent times some have considered letting your hair grow a few inches made someone a dirty long hair! I've seen pictures from the 50's 60's of guys with what I would consider fairly short hair that were abused for having long hair. Many artistic renditions of historical scenes have the men with long hair, this does not mean they had it! It just means that the artist (or society at the time)thought they did or that it fit the image. Of course long wild hair suits the image of a big scary barbarian more than neatly groomed short hair:-) German men of the renaissance had short hair(besides certain types of priests), no more than chin length but usually about an inch long for warriors.
Wear your hair how you like. Wear what looks good on you. It varies radically from person to person what actually looks good on them and then it depends on the taste or prior beliefs of the person looking at them. I used to have a thing for long hair, now I really don't care as long as it looks good on the man. I like men with unusual looks -at least the ones that can get away with it:-) Long hair(alot of the pictures posted on this thread are yummy), buzzed, Mohawk, dapper early 1900's whatever, Short with elaborate mustachios, whatever, just do it with style. (I can't find a picture of one of the more unusually looks I like -curly hair long at the top short at sides, parted at the side and smoothed down. Most people think this is a horribly geeky look but I think it is great on the right guy!)
And if your hair is thinning or really sad looking buzz it!
I apologize for the messy post -making dinner for my buzzed headed man;-)
:valkyrie
Thanks for al the information. I did not mean to say that they had long hair exclusively I was just using a longhaired Viking as a example of a proud man with long hair that takes no shit from anibodie for it. He could just as well be a Celt, anglo saxon or anibodie else for that matter. And if anibodie wants short hair wether it be a man or a woman that's fine to as long as it is your choice and not because others expect you to.
Women have long hair but that does not state that every women has long hair and the same stereotipes aply to women the other way around

GreenHeart
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Long hair is very nice, short hair is ok too though. I tried to get my husband to try having long hair once but he didnt want to. But really, anything between a couple inches long and a few inches past the shoulders is ok by me. I don't like shaved hair though because I like to run my fingers through it. :D

GreenHeart
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Varg Vikernes: Now here is a man that looks equally good with long or short hair.

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_05.jpg

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_46.jpg

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_56.jpg

Nazi haircuts are the preferred choice for short hair.

My own hair is long, its strawberry blond and waist length and I love it! I'm going to keep growing it until it stops growing, to see how long it can grow- then I will probably cut it back to the length I liked the best.

GreenHeart
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Solar Wolff]There is a reason men have short hair. As the Isrealis. Their favorite trick (in martial arts) as grabbing the hair, then releasing tension, then reapplying it and slamming your head into their knee. QUOTE]

The Israelian martial art you are quoting is known as "Krav Maga" (street fight). It is also in use in the French Gendarmerie to catch riotists, by everyting which is prominent : hair, beard, nose, ears, even eyebrows. And finally a good kick in between the legs :D

In other words girly fighting then! :D

Sounds appropriate for the jewish mentality...

Fenris
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I read an article a couple of years ago on some long hair website about the fact that short hair and clean shaven looks were adopted as a tool of control to force ones underlings into a specific look, effectively emasculating them. The writer of the article cited multiple court cases in the USA's legal history where injunctions had been filed against employers who attempted to force - or who fired those who refused to - "amputate their hair," as he put it.

As for me, my facial hair varies between a light moustache and a strip goatee varying from half an inch to three inches long, a full goatee, or - as I tried at one point a few months ago - a fake Fu Manchu horseshoe shaped moustache with 3/4ths of an inch wide chin strip that was about 3 inches long.

My scalp hair has been worn long since I was a small child - my parents would cut it only if I asked for it to be cut, and it has only shorn short a couple of times, once when I was in the air cadets, and before that, once when I got bored and gave myself a skinhead.

Many people seem to think that long hair = hippy, and I used to get called a hippy all the time, despite my wardrobe consisting almost entirely of black, the fact I wear jackboots, and the fact that I'm rather unpleasant and pro-violence when necessary. Further, I hate how people immediately believe that long hair = lank, greasy mess. It only gets that way if you leave it unwashed and unkempt. Usually, 3 to 4 days of not being washed will result in it looking greasy and untidy, so simply washing it daily or every other day is just good personal hygiene, though I've read somewhere that just washing it with warm water and no shampoo will eventually lead the scalp to return to a regimen of the natural hair oils cleansing the hair and make it look much softer and shinier - however, I'm not willing to go without washing my hair for a month or more to find out. I hate how my scalp feels when my hair hasn't been washed in a couple of days, and I hate when it looks greasy.

Also, woe betide the poor bastard that grabs my hair, they're usually liable to wind up with a extended-middle-knuckle punch in their underarm area for their trouble. Any guy with long hair that's been in a fight or two knows how to handle hair-pulling girlymen.

Fenris
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Whoops - forgot to cite the precedent stated for the "tool of control" in the article I read.

The sources and precedents the guy who wrote the article cited included practically every culture in Europe shaving the heads of their captives as a humiliation and a means of degrading and identifying slaves, and it's used these days as a means of doing same. Old guys are allowed beards because it makes them look "dignified and venerable" but young men are supposed to be shorn short and cleanly shaven, subservient to their elders.

Imperator X
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Short hair and clean shaven was extolled by Alexander as a means to prevent enemies from pulling your hair.

CountBloodSpawn
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 03:26 AM
The majority of ancient European men would have had long hair and the majority of them would have bean more masculine than the modern short haired business men. Short hair and clean shaven face is just a modern stereotype that I could not care less about. Men should grow al the hair that nature gave them as much as they want to, the Vikings did it and nobody is going to argue with a Viking.

exactly thats me I'm growing my hair long...before this I had a shaved head and then a military hair cut this is a very different look for me

æþeling
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I have long hair down to my shoulders. I tie it back if I am working.

As for historical areas. I have heard that the Vikings had shoulder length hair and the Anglo-Saxons had longer hair. Both kept their hair well groomed. Later Anglo-Saxon fashion was to be clean shaven but have a moustache. For warriors it was sometimes considered a bad idea to have long hair as this would give your opponent an advantage in battle. The Normans are generally considered to have had close cropped hair on the back and sides.

Helleruin
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 09:13 PM
[quote=NordicPower88]Varg Vikernes: Now here is a man that looks equally good with long or short hair.

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_05.jpg

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_46.jpg

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_56.jpg

quote]

YES!:tthumbsup

GreenHeart
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 02:55 AM
The Germanic tribe of the Suebi tied their hair up in a knot to the side of the head.

The Vikings dyed their hair blond with Lye. They also dyed it red using a mineral. The Vikings also were able to make very complex braids with long hair. I also think long hair looks very masculine and distinctly European when coupled with long beards.

Does anyone have any examples or images depicting European hair ornamentation or complex long hairstyles?

-Imperator.

Here's one, the Suebian knot. :thumbup

http://home.columbus.rr.com/herneswood/image007.jpg

Stahl
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I cut my hair 3 month ago, but I regret that. Now I have that german WWII haircut, but I'm indenting to let them grow again. It took 3 years to get them to the perfect lenght (10cm below the shoulders) but I was persuaded by several people (I'm so weak :~()
All the people that told me to get my hair cut, are now asking why I cut them off. That's irony.:~(:~(:~(

Krabat
Thursday, October 6th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I cut my hair 3 month ago, but I regret that. Now I have that german WWII haircut, but I'm indenting to let them grow again. It took 3 years to get them to the perfect lenght (10cm below the shoulders) but I was persuaded by several people (I'm so weak :~()
All the people that told me to get my hair cut, are now asking why I cut them off. That's irony.:~(:~(:~(

I guess other people alwais like us to change our look out of curiosity. If we have a beard they want us to cut it off and if we dont have a one they want us to grow one. and the same with our hair.

In three years you will have recovered from your friends curosity. Man time goes slow when waiting for hair to grow doesen't it?

Heksulv
Monday, March 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I think most people, male or female, look good with long hair. If I see a man with short hair, if he's attractive there's no denying that, but with nicely cared-for [not greasy or too fluffy everywhere] long hair it REALLY adds to him.

I count "long" as anything shoulder-length...

nicholas
Tuesday, March 21st, 2006, 05:53 PM
For awhile I had a nice beard growing then I shaved it and realized how "weak" I look without it. I'm growing my hair long but right now its still at that stage where it wants to curl all over.

Oh, and any woman or guy who demands you shave and cut your hair is usually doing it because they are threatened by the aura of masculinity that long hair and beards project.

Bridie
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 08:41 AM
the aura of masculinity that long hair and beards project.What!!?? :-O :stop :nope

Long hair is for women, hippies and Mel Gibson in "Braveheart". :jeer

nicholas
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 11:10 AM
What!!?? :-O :stop :nope

Long hair is for women, hippies and Mel Gibson in "Braveheart". :jeer

In your opinion. And why is it that so many women have to ruin their appearance with short haircuts....notice that these women who get short haircuts are usually small breasted.

Bridie
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
In your opinion. And why is it that so many women have to ruin their appearance with short haircuts....notice that these women who get short haircuts are usually small breasted.Because they're secretly lesbians. ;) :D Only dykes on bikes have short hair. :lol I hadn't noticed the small breast thing though! LMAO! I don't normally go around checking out other women's breasts. :-O :fhaha:

(Disclaimer - all of the above is intended to be "toungue in cheek", as was the post on guys with long hair - not to be taken seriously! :P )

Weg
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 03:21 PM
Long hair is for women, hippies and Mel Gibson in "Braveheart".

I can't believe you equate long-haired men to Mel Gibson, who's balding and wears a wig in Braveheart... :D

What a reactionary you make Bridie. ;) Come on... To hell conformism and aesthetical protocols! Short hair for men are only but modern social conventions.

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
No. The Romans were known for their short hair.

Weg
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
A bit peremptory. I all depends on the people and the period of History. Fashion has changed many time during history. Untill the XVIIth c., many French member of the nobility had long hair for instance.

Glynd Eastŵd
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 10:39 PM
I have relatively long hair. And its getting longer. :D

Bridie
Thursday, March 23rd, 2006, 12:55 AM
Untill the XVIIth c., many French member of the nobility had long hair for instance.Weren't they all gay though??? :D :D

I can't believe you equate long-haired men to Mel Gibson, who's balding and wears a wig in Braveheart... :D
Yeah, but he was still sexy in this movie. ;)

What a reactionary you make Bridie. ;) Come on... To hell conformism and aesthetical protocols! Short hair for men are only but modern social conventions.You sound like a teen-ager Weggles. :-O :P Conformity is not so bad.... as long as people are conforming to my values of course! :P Hehehe

Weg
Thursday, March 23rd, 2006, 01:14 AM
Weren't they all gay though??? :D :D

Not really; be assured they were gallant on all fronts... ;)

Yeah, but he was still sexy in this movie. ;)

I'd have one of those kilts. :D

You sound like a teen-ager Weggles. :-O :P Conformity is not so bad.... as long as people are conforming to my values of course! :P Hehehe

Well, mine are short now. I've to cut them because of the values of your gender. I guess it makes me a conformist by necessity.

Bridie
Thursday, March 23rd, 2006, 01:31 AM
I'd have one of those kilts. :D
Well, if I was to rule Skadi, all men would have to wear one whilst online - punishment for non-conformity.... a virtual kick in the nurries. :-O :D :D

It would be interesting to do a poll on what sort of hair length on men women find the sexiest. How does one set up polls?

Heksulv
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Oh, and any woman or guy who demands you shave and cut your hair is usually doing it because they are threatened by the aura of masculinity that long hair and beards project.Long hair IS masculine. It's VERY masculine, provided that it's intended to be masculine. Long hair usually looks manliest if it's not cut or obviously styled like women style their hair.

nicholas
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Long hair IS masculine. It's VERY masculine, provided that it's intended to be masculine. Long hair usually looks manliest if it's not cut or obviously styled like women style their hair.

Sadly in America men are encouraged to be "pretty". It's just strange how easily intimidated americans are by natural things like long hair and beards on men. Methinks it has something to do with sexual repression.

Bridie
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Sadly in America men are encouraged to be "pretty". It's just strange how easily intimidated americans are by natural things like long hair and beards on men. Methinks it has something to do with sexual repression.
A lot of people still associate long hair with hippies, bikies and women. :D Hippies and bikies are known for not giving a shit about social conventions, including sexual restraint, and women have long been over-sexualised in possibly all the cultures of the world since day dot (not that I'm complaining).... so perhaps the sexual repression thing may be of significance.

But I still personally think super short hair is the sexiest. :D :thumbup Not that "David Beckham *wank wank* pretty boy has spent all day at the beauty salon" kind of short hair-do either..... a good old fashioned "looks like someone has gone mental with a pair of shears" kind of hair-cut. :thumbup :D :D Hehehe.... Scabs on scalp optional. :D A few scars would be quite manly too. :thumbup

Rough as guts.

Weg
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Not that "David Beckham *wank wank* pretty boy has spent all day at the beauty salon" kind of short hair-do

And what about the "I never brush my hair" style? Is that sexy or just hippie? :D

Are the modern women scared by masculin attributes (long hair, beards, hairs) lesbians? :-O

Bridie
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 04:24 PM
And what about the "I never brush my hair" style? Is that sexy or just hippie? :DNeither. It's just lazy. ;)

Are the modern women scared by masculin attributes (long hair, beards, hairs) lesbians? :-OYou don't get it though! A lot of people don't see long hair on men as being masculine! :P Women who are scared of masculine traits though, imo, are either just trying to avoid getting their ass kicked, or are sexually repressed. :D

teltaleskald
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 09:23 PM
LupaFreo,
I have questioned the logic many times as to why a man's long hair might upset others. I live in the Old South, USA. I used to have long hair. I did not begin to grow it long as an act of defiance, though, in consideration of the many negative reactions I got from others (we call them the "Good-Ole Boy Network" here), you might think this was my intent.
I talked briefly with a friend who works at a local nightspot who has long hair. He said the reactions he gets are often ludicrous, even violent.
There is a small portion of the New Testament in the Bible concerning men with long hair, I Corinthians 11:14-16. If you look this up, notice that the 16th verse seems to hint that this is a pointless argument.
I truly doubt a man will be dragged into Hell by his long hair.
There was some guy at the gymnasium where I worked out, who couldn't resist saying something about my own long hair...something like, "Well, (sounds intelligent already, doesn't he...)if your long hair is okay with you, it's okay with me, brother!" His wife made a point to stand about twenty feet away, glaring at me. I made a point of continually running my fingers through my glorious man of blonde hair (like many bodybuilders, I wanted to have long hair so I might look more like Thor...). I would complete an exercise, then bend forward, shaking my hair, then pulling it back to tie it off. This really got the little woman steaming mad! I loved it!

nicholas
Thursday, March 30th, 2006, 04:19 PM
LupaFreo,
His wife made a point to stand about twenty feet away, glaring at me. I made a point of continually running my fingers through my glorious man of blonde hair (like many bodybuilders, I wanted to have long hair so I might look more like Thor...). I would complete an exercise, then bend forward, shaking my hair, then pulling it back to tie it off. This really got the little woman steaming mad! I loved it!

Gee, sounds like she was angry that she wasn't in control of your sexuality. Lemme explain, far too often women try to manage men by telling them what to wear, how to look, etc. When a woman can't manage a man she feels a lack of control and to a great extent a lack of control is needed for a woman to fully experience orgasm. A man with long hair represents to her the threat of orgasm:D

Frau_Hierl
Saturday, May 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I have ever prefered short hair or no hair, don´t know why. Then I got to know someone who´s just perfect in my mind with long hair :D . After that experience I think in a different way ... When I like a man, he is attracktive for me it doesn´t matter if long or short hair. It´s the opposite now, I love his hair and am lucky about touching it soon. :D

Imperator X
Saturday, May 13th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Neither. It's just lazy. ;)
You don't get it though! A lot of people don't see long hair on men as being masculine! :P Women who are scared of masculine traits though, imo, are either just trying to avoid getting their ass kicked, or are sexually repressed. :D

I don't understand the deal with this. Women try to be castratrixes championing the clean shaven, short hair (Alexandrian army) look. Beards were championed as signs of masculinity by the Goths, Arabs, Spaniards (Arabized), Greeks, and Persians, (Indians too, but many were only able to grow moustaches, leading to their famous handlebar look)

The Persians (Aryans) nobles and warriors too I believe, wore silk, rouge, eyeliner, pearls, flowers in hair :-O AND BEARDS. To be beardless, you were thought to be a eunuch.

Kurtz
Saturday, October 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM
For 4 years I have been having very long hair (middle of the back most of the time) and I am kind of getting bored of it. My hair is an important part of me (of the image I want to project, if you want), but the vast majority of women (at least here) prefer very short hair or shaved guys. I do consider my hair to be beautiful, but I'm beginning to feel alone to think that way, aside from some of long-haired masculine friends...

What should I do :( ?

If I cut my hair, it will be something pretty short, a kind of military hairstyle, with very short hair of my head's sides and a bit longer on the top

Ovid
Thursday, November 2nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
For 4 years I have been having very long hair (middle of the back most of the time) and I am kind of getting bored of it. My hair is an important part of me (of the image I want to project, if you want), but the vast majority of women (at least here) prefer very short hair or shaved guys. I do consider my hair to be beautiful, but I'm beginning to feel alone to think that way, aside from some of long-haired masculine friends...

If I cut my hair, it will be something pretty short, a kind of military hairstyle, with very short hair of my head's sides and a bit longer on the top

Don't cut your hair. You should be proud of it. Unfortunately I have to cut my long hair when I go to the military but I will grow it back when my military service is over. I think people don't like long hair because their ideal man is similar to ideal Roman man who had short hair and shaved beard. It was seen as advantageous to the Roman military which was known for its strict discipline. Celts and other barbarians had mostly long hair. The western culture is highly influenced by ancient Romans after all.

Krabat
Friday, November 3rd, 2006, 10:59 AM

Only Cut your hair if you decide to but not because it is unpopular or everibodie else has short hair. Dont cut your hair for the Girls either If they don't like you because of your long hair they are not worthy of you. long hair is cool and yes long hair is something big tough Men can have and it suites them well. If you decide to Cut it because it is something you pesonally have decided you would like to do then go ahead you can alwais grow it back it just takes a bloody long time for it to do so. but remember under no circumstances what so ever cut it because of somebody else.

Janus
Friday, November 3rd, 2006, 11:06 AM
I do have very long hair (already at breast level) and I actually like it. Same goes for my beard. It has no deeper meaning or social allignment that I wear long hair it's plain, dull and simple. I just like it. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is indeed so that our ancestors wore beards and just the Romans who influenced the west so much were totally clean. They did not wear hear at all. The ideal was the completly hairless guy and in the thermas there were professionals for ripping body hair and the you could hear the screams of fashion victims of the roman empire ;)

Krabat
Friday, November 3rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
I do have very long hair (already at breast level) and I actually like it. Same goes for my beard. It has no deeper meaning or social allignment that I wear long hair it's plain, dull and simple. I just like it. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is indeed so that our ancestors wore beards and just the Romans who influenced the west so much were totally clean. They did not wear hear at all. The ideal was the completly hairless guy and in the thermas there were professionals for ripping body hair and the you could hear the screams of fashion victims of the roman empire ;)

You hardly see any young person with a beard anymore where Ilive. Good on you for growing one :thumbup. I had a beard miselve a few times I only have moustache at the moment. Beards are highly unpopular where I live, Employers think it is an unacceptable to look scruffy, but I think they are Idiots. Girls around here think bearded men are ugly but I dont give a flying F... (you know). But the important Question is whose side would Odin or Thor be on.

http://www.lagruyere.ch/culture/bd/images/brin01.jpg

Sean
Friday, November 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
I've got long hair myself, and I love it. It's rather wavy, so it looks shorter than it really is if it was straightened. It's down to the middle of my back when straight, and just above the nipple area when allowed to be itself (wavy).

I've had it this way for years now, and no place I've ever worked at has ever asked me to cut it. I had a really long goatee for a while (just to see if I could grow one, really), but eventually took it back into it's present incarnation, which is a Commander Riker-style (from Star Trek: The Next Generation) full beard, closely cropped, with a Van Dyke point to the chin. It suits my persona.

I get the occasional stragglers telling me "Oh, you should cut your hair! You'd look so good with short hair!!" but I don't really pay attention to them, when taking into account their own fashion sense.

In short, I fully endorse long hair on men. I don't really put much stock into whether it makes one more masculine or not, I just know that it's a very natural thing, and a man should not have to apologize for or justify his hair style.

ladybright
Saturday, November 18th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I love long hair on a man. Long or short hair can be nice as long as it is clean and not overstyled. (I make excetpions made for people in bands. They are allowed to overstyle. See Rouge in the Cruxshadows.http://www.cruxshadows.com/20.jpg)My husband has short hair and has to keep it short for his job. :sigh: But the man I was previously engaged to had midback length hair. I liked it loose, in a low ponytail or in a low tight braid that made it look like his hair was short. I like how beards look but am very ticklish and have never dated a guy with a beard. Although my husband had a bear beard in highschool before I knew him.

ladybright
Sunday, November 19th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Hello skadian ladies. I am curious of what you think about differt hair lenghts on men. I like long hair myself.

Blood_Axis
Monday, November 20th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Hi there.

I used to like long hair when I was younger, ya know, being a metalhead and all... :mock

During the last years, I like'em short..the shorter, the better.

Well, depending on the person, of course, but I think that short is more musculin. Preferably the HJ/:cyclops haircut :wsg

Kaiser
Monday, November 20th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I know that his thread is geared toward our beautiful Skadi women folk and I am anxious to know your tastes in our men's hair styles. But this is a topic I think alot about. I mainly like short hair for most men. Most of my life I have had short hair with few exceptions. There is sanitary reasons for short hair as well. Also, I have seen some males with long flowing hair, shaved boyish face, and frail frames who looked effeminate to me. This did not sit well with my Aryan warrior/poet, provider and protector role model I see vital for our men to fulfill.

In the marines we had to keep our hair short. There were good reasons to not have beards as well. To get a proper seal on the gas mask, the firefighting mask, and the submarine escape mask all required us to shave facial hair. When I got out of the marines I grew my hair to a foot long but it whipped in my eyes when I would ride in convertibles or on motorcycles which made it unpleasant. Now, I take a picture of either Hitler Youth or SS men to the barber so that it is longer on top, short cropped on the side. This is similar to the American haircuts in the 1950's as well. I like it and had a HJ haircut when I was living in Germany as well. The barbers look at the photos in awe sometimes. But the older German barbers really got a kick out of my audacity.

I think all styles, short or long, come and go as fads and are only a cycle in the long run. The same goes for clothes; bell bottoms, half shirts, tight jeans, baggy pants or whatever. I like style but am my own individual as well. I think it is ultimately a personal choice besides. I do like some of the manly men, the bikers, who have full Viking beards and longer hair in braids though. As I have posted before, the braided beards, goatees, and mustaches are really cool. I thought of doing this before I grow old just for fun. But being tactically minded, I don't like carrying around a weapon for my enemies to use on top of my head or on my face against me either. This is why cage fighters often have short cropped hair. I have seen girl fights and they always grab each others hair.

But the one thing that makes me taste vomit in the back of my throat is when a man is balding and either grows it really long in the back or tries to comb it over the baldness with a few puny strands. Many joos and liberals have this look. Yuck! At that stage, a man should simply Bic their head bald with a razor instead, in my opinion.

http://cultes.ifrance.com/spielberg5.jpg

Blood_Axis
Monday, November 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Ok, long hair I can tolerate (I even like sometimes)...

But this... :mad this... :grind

http://blogging.la/archives/images/2006/06/emoday.jpg

:D

Allenson
Monday, November 20th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Emo Kid Beatdown Day?! And I missed it?!

I should have been notified about this matter sooner. ;)

Bridie
Tuesday, November 21st, 2006, 03:06 PM
I like traditional hair styles on men. Or super short/shaved. :thumbup

I maintain that I was born in the wrong era... I should have been born in England in Victorian times :D ... and I tend to like men that look like they stepped right out of a time machine from a period in history where men were gentlemen and women were ladies (well, the better-to-do people were anyway! ;) :D ).

I don't like riff-raff :wsg , and that includes very long hair on men. :P Longish hair is okay, but hippy styles are gay.

Mr Sexy Himself....

http://www.janeausten.co.uk/graphics/firth.jpg

Janus
Tuesday, November 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM
I don't care about the hairstyle of my fellow men (they can have it how they like to) but I personally like them long. As long as possible and therefore I'm having long hair (last cathegory already) and beard myself as you can see on that pic (beard and hair longer now due to age)

Allenson
Tuesday, November 21st, 2006, 04:58 PM
I don't like riff-raff :wsg , and that includes very long hair on men. :P Longish hair is okay, but hippy styles are gay.

Get your riff-raff here....or colonial rabble if you prefer.

And don't you know? If you want to use "gay" as meaning lame and not acutally homosexual, you should use the new variation, ghey (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ghey). ;)

Or, maybe you really mean gay! In which case, I'd better go schedule a haircut. :-O :P

Evolved
Thursday, January 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
The only guys I think look better with long hair are Native Americans and albinos, because shiny, straight, jet-black 'mongoloid' hair and soft, almost glowing white hair of albinism are so striking.

The main thing which puts me off long hair on guys is that long hair requires much more attention (I have long hair so I know what a pain in the ass it can be) and I prefer a low-maintenance guy who doesn't take forever grooming himself.

Spirit of Fire
Thursday, January 18th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Pretty much depends on the guy.
Some guys look really hot with long hair, and some look hot with short hair while they would look dorky/lame with long hair.
Long hair is not for everyone.

GreenHeart
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Depends on the man.

I really don't like the concentration camp jew look, however...

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/photographs/72-3220.jpg

Boche
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 01:32 AM
but I think that short is more musculin. Preferably the HJ/:cyclops haircut :wsg

:-O More masculine? So all the Vikings were fruity little girls. You're one wierd greek. ;)

I have long hair, and those typically NS-Haircuts which were modern between 1920 and 1955 fit to some people. But alot also look stupid with it.

I have long hair because

1. hair is there to be used.

2. it looks good with long hair - also long hair is very traditional in germanic traditions, and when i want i can bound them up to a tail and make a HJ-haircut myself from the front. ;)

3. Also i dont like this stupid Cliché that men have to have short hair which was getting popular during the the century were men had to look elegant.

But at the end, it's all a question of "taste". I'm sure if we all had grewn up as "long hair" to be normal and that the most men have long hair.
That the most women would think long hair is attractive.

I'm glad that i've never met a women yet which considered long hair on men to be not attractive. :)

Gruß,
Boche

Drömmarnas Stig
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Depends on the skull shape alone.
I for instance have a "horse face", looooong and slim.
Long hair in this case looks awful.

The only haircut that fits me is short.

If you have a rounder face then long hair might suit you.

Boche
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
If you have a rounder face then long hair might suit you.

So basically thin people and progressive people look awful with long hair?
Sorry, but that's crap.
I also have a very long face, because of my Racial Features, and i look better with long hair than with short hair.

Gruß,
Boche

Weg
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM
"Traditionaly", that's? I don't believe there is anything traditional in short hair for men. It just happen to be more practical and fit modernity more. It's the idea people have of man's look that is seen as traditional. Just that. Hair lenght for men has changed many times through history.

One cuts hair to prisoners (slaves) and soldiers to humiliate, punish them and break their personality. I also notice how most gays have a very very short haircut.

Long hair is actually a sign of viritily, freedom and aristocracy.

Kaiser
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Depends on the man.

I really don't like the concentration camp jew look, however...

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/photographs/72-3220.jpg

I agree. That would be the Typhus diseased look which you do not prefer then. Not the "mean ol' notzees starved the poor jew" look which the media portrays to us.

I am growing my hair a little longer now. May as well try it before I contract Typhus and get accused of throwing myself in an oven.

Tabitha
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I much prefer long hair on a man. I always do a double take if I pass a guy with long hair. It tends to suggest a creative/arty/musical/ slightly Bohemian rock and roll type that I might want to live happily ever after with. :D

I have other reasons too but I'll save them for the adult section. ;)

Oswiu
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I much prefer long hair on a man. I always do a double take if I pass a guy with long hair. It tends to suggest a creative/arty/musical/ slightly Bohemian rock and roll type that I might want to ...
I found this post via Tabitha's profile and her "Find Tabitha's recent posts", and those ...s are where the little preview extract finished! I HAD to see what came next! :bounce

live happily ever after with. :D
Not quite so graphic as I'd hoped, but not bad, especially considering that ...

I have other reasons too but I'll save them for the adult section. ;)
Woohoo! :naughty Bated breath... :crfingers

I only hope that thick and bushy comes under Tabs's definition of long. Otherwise I suppose it's Svartr's lucky day... :weep

OneEnglishNorman
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Besides the maurauders from the Norman camp, strong bodies of cavalry were detached by William into the country, and these, when Harold and his army made their rapid march from London southward, fell back in good order upon the main body of the Normans, and reported that the Saxon king was rushing on like a madman. But Harold, when he found that his hopes of surprising his adversary were vain, changed his tactics, and halted about seven miles from the Norman lines. He sent some spies, who spoke the French language, to examine the number and preparations of the enemy, who, on their return, related with astonishment that there were more priests in William's camp than there were fighting men in the English army. They had mistaken for priests all the Norman soldiers who had short hair and shaven chins, for the English laymen were then accustomed to wear long hair and mustachios. Harold, who knew the Norman usages, smiled at their words, and said, " Those whom you have seen in such numbers are not priests, but stout soldiers, as they will soon make us feel."

I like the gentleman's style of longer hair on top, ears uncovered, short hair on back of neck. Prince Charles & Hugh Grant represent two extremes. Alternatively short hair forward in the Roman style. Long hair is for dreamers & hippies.

http://www.swo.de/bilder/2/11661.grant5.jpg
http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/content/feature/images/charles2.jpg

Prometheusfunke
Friday, January 19th, 2007, 09:35 PM
All of my "exes" have had long hair. I just recently became aware of that :D.

So maybe it's because of the failure with those that I tend to find shorter hair more attractive at the moment :P

Neophyte
Saturday, January 20th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Long hair is actually a sign of viritily, freedom and aristocracy.

Indeed it is. I remember about reading about some king that was dethroned, I believe that it was the last Merovingian, and he has his hair cut short as a part of the process.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, January 20th, 2007, 06:23 AM
How long do you prefer hair on a man?

Well, that would depend on whether I was in or out of prison.

Kaiser
Sunday, January 21st, 2007, 04:25 PM
I certainly hope that the above prison reference is a joke. The humor is lost on me. Anyway, once a man begins going severly bald I believe it looks more distinguished for him to go ahead and shave his head. That combing over of a few greasy strands over a large dome is absolutely disgusting.

Ahura Mazda
Sunday, February 25th, 2007, 10:11 PM
As my avatar proudly declares, I have long hair. That was taken November 2005, so its even longer now, midway down my back or down to where my ribcage can stab (hyperbole) in front. I usually have some sort of beard, but for the hell of it I shaved last semester, and people told me I looked like a girl. I like having a beard of some sort or other, so that wasn't a lasting problem, though I recently shaved to try to get a job (they indirectly say that it looks better if you don't look so authoritative when you try to get minimum-wage jobs...and as a healthy beard gives off the impression of authority, off it goes, see it again three weeks from now!)

A lot of people I don't know randomly tell me to donate my hair, and they are all women (Oddly enough, I don't meet many people pissed off that I have long hair, and I live in the middle of the Bible Belt). I like telling them that they also don't need their long hair and should donate it, despite the fact that short hair is a turnoff for me. I'm so egalitarian (no, really).

Right.

Nachtengel
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I love long blond hair on men, like on Marco Hietala from Nightwish.

http://www.nightwishspain.com/coppermine/albums/FanArt/normal_InferiArt_Marco_Hietala_01.jpg

http://www.nightwish-uk.com/gallery/marco1.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/200/1190156183fwn0.jpg

Hot! :D

Mrs. Lyfing
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM
My husband would be my first experience with long hair. :D And, I love it! :bravo

I think its beautiful. :D

Hrodnand
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Long hair is for dreamers & hippies.

Conventions...:P You're just to lazy to let your hair long. ;)
Still, I am not a hippie and I am certainly not a dreamer. :D

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I like both short hair and long hair. But if it's long, it has to be really long, I really hate hairstyles which are chin length.

Not to mention...

http://www.emohairguide.com/WebPics/emohairwm.jpg

:P

My preferred short hairstyle is the SS haircut or Hitlerjugend haircut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/displacedtexan/blogstartdatefeb052005/hitlerJugend-Poster.jpg

My preferred long hairstyle is the one Todesengel posted, like Marco's. But it's also acceptable if it's tied back.

By the way the poll is a little confusing, because for the Germanics, the traditional hairstyle is a long, not short one. ;) The historical references to the Germanic tribes describe their hair as long.

Just search for images on google, and you'll find representations of men with long hair.

http://www.farbklecks.net/portfolio/images/Germanen_Titel.jpg

http://www.planet-wissen.de/pics/IEPics/intro_hochzeit_germanen_g.jpg

Hrodnand
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Not to mention...

http://www.emohairguide.com/WebPics/emohairwm.jpg

I wonder, isn't that disturbing if you get to a battle? ;)

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I wonder isn't that disturbing if you get to a battle? ;)
He will use one of these head bands to keep it out of his forehead? :lol

http://www.southernbabies.com/headband.jpg

I hope no one is emo here and feels offended. :P

Hauke Haien
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I am emo :hitler

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=100258&stc=1&d=1223227338

Alice
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Long hair really suits some men, but I prefer short hair on men. If the man is slightly pudgy, wears glasses and has a scholarly air, it's an added bonus. :inlove

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 06:59 PM
On some men long hair makes them more manly/strong.

Viggo Mortensen

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/T-Z/viggomortensen2.jpg

With short hair, it's just not the same. :(

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/mortensen2.jpg

Wodens Day
Friday, October 10th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Long hair looks more masculine. There is something natural and ancient about long hair on men. I know I get much more female interest when my hair is long.

Mrs. Lyfing
Monday, October 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
My hubby's hair is getting so long :hugs

Its beautiful. You should see :D

Some men can't pull it off, like with the ratty stringy thing :( Poor things.

Cythraul
Monday, October 27th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'm growing mine. Had pretty much every other haircut going so I figure I might as well give it a go. I've always been complimented on my hair, by women of course. Apparently I have beautiful, thick, healthy hair. Guess we'll see.

BTW - I'd like to point out that for our Pagan ancestors, long hair had a spiritual significance. It was supposedly the outward expression of a healthy life force.

Jonathan Eells
Monday, October 27th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I live in a geographically lovely place, but the social environment of my little mountain town smacks of "Rabid Sheeple". As part of my self-definition in this place, I've become possibly a bit more aggressively Heathen than I might otherwise be, say, living among my true peers. So I have pretty long hair. And the Gods have granted me very thick hair that's blond and gray. I'm also 6'5" and 260lbs, so at least nobody seems to want to object - not to my face, anyway. It goes without saying that most of these biblical automatons here go for the "I just left the service" style of haircut. That's great. People who are entirely submissive are supposed to have their heads more or less shaved. Don't get me wrong, my whole family is Marines, and I love the Corps. But I'm not shaving my head.

Morning Angel
Monday, October 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Long hair, definitely, and a beard. My husband is a redhead. When I first got married, he shaved off his beard, and it almost led to divorce.

MUST HAVE THE BEARD.

He has to keep his hair cut "conventionally" because of his profession, but I dream of the day he retires and can grow it out.

Luthienne
Sunday, November 9th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I like long hair on men only if it's blond, it suits their physic (face,body,etc) and if it's well taken care. And the man is very very clean aspect.
Or if he looks like Viggo Mortensen :D

Anfang
Wednesday, November 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Gee, sounds like she was angry that she wasn't in control of your sexuality. Lemme explain, far too often women try to manage men by telling them what to wear, how to look, etc. When a woman can't manage a man she feels a lack of control and to a great extent a lack of control is needed for a woman to fully experience orgasm. A man with long hair represents to her the threat of orgasm:D

It is usually the other way around, men are far more likely to want to shape their partners to be what they, the males want them to be.
To me what you postulate seens like the reverse of what I usually observe in the real World.

Sigurd
Wednesday, November 12th, 2008, 10:00 AM
The road to becoming the dream-become-flesh of all women on Skadi is a long and rocky one, with many hiccups and bandits on the way...

Or if he looks like Viggo Mortensen :D

On some men long hair makes them more manly/strong.

Viggo Mortensen

... but looks like we're halfway there! :victory

:wsg

Puppybears
Friday, December 5th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I like the "traditional" look, but it can be a little "shaggy"... nothing below the chin, though. I see some men with long hair and it is not well taken care of, it looks FULL of split ends and frizzy/wispy at the ends. I don't like that.. yuck.
If all long-haired men kept it clean and trimmed, then maybe I would have a different opinion.
I don't know.... I think shorter hair on men is just more attractive to me. Something about a guy with a ponytail isn't appealing.
Just being honest! ;)

White Africa
Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I love long hair on a man. Long blond hair is VERY attractive. But you're right, it depends on the face, some men don't look good with it at all.

yesreid
Monday, November 30th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I love long hair on a man. Long blond hair is VERY attractive. But you're right, it depends on the face, some men don't look good with it at all.

men also use beards as haircuts too ;)

Caledonian
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Just out of curiosity do most women like long haired men or not?

I'm a long haired man. [Having it grown out again.]

I really don't like having short hair in that I look plain and too normal with it being short. [I like sticking out.]

I try to go for a look on the lines of somthing like this in appearance as a example to go by in aspiring with my facial hair:

http://www.burnyourears.de/uploads/mediapool/Mikael.jpg

Ulfvaldr
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
I prefer my hair short, and I believe men in general should have their hair short. I do make exceptions to priests and monks though, since they're not allowed to shave or cut their hair(at least in the Eastern tradition).

Why is that? why "Should men in general should have their hair short"?

wittwer
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Back in my college days I had long hair along with facial hair. Then when I got back into the real world, it became a major Safety and Health issue and so it had to go, along with facial hair.
Oh well. It's easier to keep clean and dries much more quickly now. The only thing I don't like is the monthly Barber bill... ;)

Astrid Runa
Wednesday, December 8th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Just out of curiosity do most women like long haired men or not?

I'm a long haired man. [Having it grown out again.]

I really don't like having short hair in that I look plain and too normal with it being short. [I like sticking out.]

I try to go for a look on the lines of somthing like this in appearance as a example to go by in aspiring with my facial hair:

http://www.burnyourears.de/uploads/mediapool/Mikael.jpg

Like. A lot. :thumbup

I for one love long haired men. Viking hair and awesome braided Viking beards :tired2:

Caledonian
Thursday, December 9th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Like. A lot. :thumbup

I for one love long haired men. Viking hair and awesome braided Viking beards :tired2:

Well I definately hope there is more women out there like yourself because this long hair isn't going anywhere anytime soon along with my facial hair in that I like my appearance the way it is unaltered. ;)

[ With short hair I look so plain that it's ridiculous and then to make things worse without the facial hair I have such a baby face that I can actually pass as being six years younger than what I actually am in age.]

Sigurd
Thursday, December 9th, 2010, 02:19 AM
[ With short hair I look so plain that it's ridiculous and then to make things worse without the facial hair I have such a baby face that I can actually pass as being six years younger than what I actually am in age.]

It has a whole lot to do with bearing and facial expression and not so much with the actual age of features. It's difficult to make yourself look older, however I have noticed that my way of "looking serious and like business" tends to get people to estimate me to be older than I am, when objectively speaking one couldn't tell from my features whether I was 20 or 25. ;)

velvet
Friday, December 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
20 pages of replies, but only 5 votes? hm.....

Alaric, you dont look that 'baby face' on the pic, but I guess you'd look still better with long hair ;)

Anyway, yeah, I think men should have long hair. Like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3437/3817928466_769e3575f1_z.jpg

I love that with the braids :D :thumbup

The singer has a bit much beard for my taste (no beard for me), but then again, it just fits perfectly to his personality

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs228.snc1/7520_129092886121_36647461121_2410748_33 81880_n.jpg

Caledonian
Friday, December 10th, 2010, 06:31 PM
That's a nice look velvet. ;)

At the moment I would say with my blonde hair I look somthing on the lines like this:

[From a television show.]

http://seat42f.com/images/stories/tvshows/SonsOfAnarchy/sons-of-anarchy-3.jpg

http://media.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/SONS-OF-ANARCHY-Falx-Cerebri-2-550x399.jpg

Forest_Dweller
Saturday, December 11th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I've always liked braided hair and think it looks great on both men and women. I think its interesting how hair braiding on males is so common among black communities, but still seems to be a taboo among whites. I like braids mostly because its practical and makes your hair look neater aswell.

cathuriandaughter
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 05:30 AM
not all men with long hair can pull it off. but the ones that can are usually delightfully gorgeous. i favor it, but it's by no means a must.

Hersir
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
20 pages of replies, but only 5 votes? hm.....

Alaric, you dont look that 'baby face' on the pic, but I guess you'd look still better with long hair ;)

Anyway, yeah, I think men should have long hair. Like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3437/3817928466_769e3575f1_z.jpg

I love that with the braids :D :thumbup

The singer has a bit much beard for my taste (no beard for me), but then again, it just fits perfectly to his personality

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs228.snc1/7520_129092886121_36647461121_2410748_33 81880_n.jpg

Ok, I tried it:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1194.snc4/154612_10150349912045006_865200005_15660 093_3450371_n.jpg

:P

Caledonian
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 10:34 AM
What a way to rock it there Hersir. ;)

Caledonian
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
A sneak peak of myself using the web camera of my computer in a bit of a silly and awkward way of hiding my overall general appearance.

[I see you.]

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1156/78788295.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6782/57906040.jpg

Forest_Dweller
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Lol Hersir I see you've gone for the Pippi Longstocking look :D

AlaricLachlan your hair reminds me of the hair I had in my youth :)

Way of Deception
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 10:44 PM
That's a nice look velvet. ;)

At the moment I would say with my blonde hair I look somthing on the lines like this:

[From a television show.]

http://seat42f.com/images/stories/tvshows/SonsOfAnarchy/sons-of-anarchy-3.jpg

http://media.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/SONS-OF-ANARCHY-Falx-Cerebri-2-550x399.jpg

Is that Charlie Hunnam?

Ælfrun
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 12:37 AM
I prefer long hair on men and women :)

Caledonian
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Is that Charlie Hunnam?

Why yes it is. :)

tomtom
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I think long hair looks good on both men and women. The following actors all played characters(with long hair): Adrian Paul(The Highlander tv series), Daniel Day Lewis(Last of the Mohicans, 1992 movie), Mel Gibson(Braveheart),Brad Pitt(Legends of the Fall; Troy), and Matt Dillon(Singles, To Die For). Also old-time rockers like David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen rocked the long hair look in their day.

The Aesthete
Thursday, December 16th, 2010, 06:51 AM
The one time I grew my hair long as a teenager I heard someone say I am not sure if that is a guy or girl.

I would love to grow my hair long like Viggo Mortensen in the LOTR but unfortunately I am not sure if I suit it.

I have a friend who does mma and who is in the forces who said it can be a disadvantage because it is less hygienic and can get in one’s eyes when shooting or can be grabbed and used as a lever against you.

Interestingly on the cover of those female romance novels the male almost always has long hair.

I suppose it depends on one’s facial and hair type.

velvet
Thursday, December 16th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Well, long hair might be a disadvantage when you rob around in mud, wear helmets or when you work with machines where parts turn and danger is that you get caught and stuff. Then it also may tend to catch up more oil from the machine, or when you wear helmets that it collects all the sweat. In such cases, short hair is appropiate.

When you work anywhere else, there shouldnt be much of a problem though ;)

Somehow people got infected with that men have to have short hair, but in olden times it was that long hair was a sign of honour. Men with short hair were disgraced publicy (f.e. when they came home from a battle that they lost) and got their hair shaven off, so that they could not hide their shame.

Almost all 'free thinkers' though (artists, musicians, fashion designer etc) have long hair, and most feel that it would hurt them, literally, to have it cut off. Hair is very important for us Germanics it seems, and employers should get the proper 'fuck off' when they demand men to have their hair short (when it is not necessary for safety reasons).

Micaela
Thursday, December 30th, 2010, 02:36 AM
IMO medium long hair on men can be very masculine and attractive, but anything longer than chin length just looks messy.

Angela
Saturday, February 19th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I think long hair can look good on both men and women as long as they are under 40.

Sigurd
Saturday, February 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I think long hair can look good on both men and women as long as they are under 40.

LOL, this is too true, and on more than just the greying level (where 5% manage to pull of a Gandalf-look and the other 95% just look like tramps).

I had a friend who chose to grow his hair again (after previously cutting it off), and unlucky he, he had a receding hair-line by the time he reached 24. When he grew it again, by the time he hit 26, his gradual loss of hair made his long hair look so messy that no matter how he combed it, it looked unkempt in a bad way (almost like the homeless folk in the 50s). :-O

He eventually cut it and forthwith, upon growing it for a third time, decided he'd neatly comb it back. In his situation, it was perhaps the best choice he could have made, within a few weeks he met the girl he's still together with some 2 years later which seems to underline that idea. :P

Erlkönig
Saturday, February 19th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Somehow people got infected with that men have to have short hair, but in olden times it was that long hair was a sign of honour.

This is very true, there are references to the Merovingians being known as the reges criniti or Long haired Kings, as well as to slaves and peasants being forced to bear their hair short. Accounts exist of Julius Ceaser forcing the defeated Gauls to cut their hair short.

I believe the culprit for the change in style was Christianity.

Corinthians 11:14–15
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have embellished hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman has embellished hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

During the English Civil War between the long haired Cavaliers and the short haired, religious "devout" Puritans; I'm not sure if this is just coincidence but it seems relevant to me.

Celeste
Saturday, February 19th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm extreme. Very short clipped hair or long and Viking like. Either I find very masculine, what I hate is poofy Justin Bieber hairstyles, a man shouldn't take longer than me to do his hair!

Relentless
Friday, March 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Virtually mandatory ;)

And no, chin-length doesn't count. :D

chaostrip
Thursday, March 10th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I love long hair as long as it is well kept. A man who looks like a hippie isnt so appealing to me.

Wyrd
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017, 01:57 AM
It depends on the frame and type of the face, length and style of hair as well as grooming. Some metalheads for example can have it messy, but please not greasy. :P

Mrs vonTrep
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017, 03:29 AM
I personally can't stand long hair on men, it's extremely unattractive. All men look better with short hair, there are no exceptions. Beard is a no-no as well, unless kept very short and tidy.

LillyCaterina
Wednesday, January 17th, 2018, 02:26 AM
I'm not one for real long hair on a man. It would depend on whether it is kept clean and managable. Not stringy and hanging in there face.

Wuotans Krieger
Friday, November 30th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Long hair and long bushy beards are the mark of a man, a real man. Only shavelings and thralls have short hair and clean chins. Hair has special qualities that enhance the supernatural sensitivities of both men and women. The desire by some women that men have short hair and shaven chins is feminist in origin and is an indication of a deep rooted psychological need to tame man. Thankfully many men are now waking up to this truth and are reclaiming their heritage by growing their hair and beards in true Germanic barbarian fashion.

Alice
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 07:26 AM
I personally prefer short hair on men, but certain men really suit long hair.

Volk und Rasse
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 07:42 AM
Short or medium hair and shaved.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D9I6QYDDmm8/VfTNZCLHTpI/AAAAAAAAALs/PkvNMfRKOiE/s1600/laudrup%252C%2Bbrian%2B1998.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/HNM77P/brian-laudrup-denmark-glasgow-rangers-fc-30-april-1996-HNM77P.jpg

I had a crush on him when I was a little girl.

About the beard, I only like few exceptions like him

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kasper+Schmeichel+Denmark+v+Republic+Ire land+j8YpNWRKnpvl.jpg

Elizabeth
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 09:29 AM
Short or medium hair and shaved.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D9I6QYDDmm8/VfTNZCLHTpI/AAAAAAAAALs/PkvNMfRKOiE/s1600/laudrup%252C%2Bbrian%2B1998.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/HNM77P/brian-laudrup-denmark-glasgow-rangers-fc-30-april-1996-HNM77P.jpg

I had a crush on him when I was a little girl.

About the beard, I only like few exception like him

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kasper+Schmeichel+Denmark+v+Republic+Ire land+j8YpNWRKnpvl.jpg

They are handsome. :)

I also prefer short/medium hair and clean shaven as a general rule with one exception, male model Lasse Matberg of Norway.