PDA

View Full Version : Football World Cup 2022 In...Qatar

Thusnelda
Thursday, December 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Skadites,

the FIFA committee decided to give the Football World Cup 2018 to Russia and the World Cup 2022 to Qatar. Well, while I can understand and accept the pick of Russia I canīt stop to shake my head when I think of Qatar. :thumbdown This decision is one big gag of corruption.

Qatar is only three times larger than the city of Berlin. Itīs on the Arabian Peninsula and borders Saudi-Arabia. Itīs a desert full of scheichs who became wealthy by oil trade. The temperature during World Cup will be around 50 C°. Even in "winter" the temperature is around 30-35 C°. Organisators want to cool down the stadions to 27 C° with solar energy but I donīt believe this madness. The country has no football culture and the national team of Qatar is completely unknown.

Last but not least, itīs a fully Islamic country. Women arenīt even allowed to visit a stadion to watch sports.

The World Cup 2022 will be below pathetic. Which fan would fly to Qatar to watch football? Hell, who even knows where Qatar is placed on a world map? Qatar is smaller than New York City and alcohol is prohibited. Islamic rules and regulations are in force. The fanzones, if there will be any, are damned to be dead. No parties, no joy.

If we ever needed evidence that the FIFA is corrupt and can be easily bought by petro dollars then hereīs the proof! :| The vuvuzela terror of the World Cup 2010 will be nothing against that flop.

Donnerschall
Thursday, December 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
World cup in Qatar?

Maybe they know something, we canīt yet imagine.
Maybe by than Europe is completely Islamic and kaffir?
We are all sleeping, Council on Foreign Relation is planing well ahead, and frightening, in to the minutest detail.
Take the "climate change", and the ever present huge advertising posters in German cities of starving black children, whose misery would be enlightened by only your small contribution, a small donation.
One day they will make the public of Europe believe since we European with our technology, consumption and exploitation are guilty of this climate change, we are the reason the poor African subsistance farmer can not survive anymore because of the ever increasing droughts (in their self created desert). Also we are to blame that the African farmer can not sell his poultry, eggs or what have you produce, on the market anymore. We shall be made guilty of there misery, their starvation. They canīt live in the unbearable heat "caused by our climate change" anymore.

Just add a Cem Özdemir the darling of the "Atlantik Brücke", as the next "Kanzler", and you will see it eventually starts to make sense. (another reason for the Stutgart 21 fiasco was to profile him to the public).

The Aesthete
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
Qatar beat us out

We have never had a world cup before

We have a better climate and infastruture than them

Sigurd
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
The strange thing is, perhaps 3-4 hours before they announced the winner, I was taking a shower, and I had the intuition that they'd be going to Russia and Qatar, respectively. It seemed so obvious. :shrug

Whilst Russia can be understood as a host (considering it is a traditional enough footballing country, and a large country with much tradition to offer the potential visitor), Qatar is a bit of an odd choice. It's smaller than my region of Tyrol, and the temperatures in summer are roughly the temperatures of the local sauna.

Though, when I saw some of the presentations, I almost did support Russia over England. Simply for the reason that the Russian delegation, and the Russian presentation and videos still heralded a bit of national pride. Even though after 20 minutes I felt like I was listening to a Soviet broadcast telling folk they were all "happy people", it was very emotional and moving, and a very strong presentation. The English submission was all very multi-cultural, and simply in a way --- abhorrent. The only two reasons my favourite was still England was because A) it's a Germanic country, and B) it's the motherland of football.

The alcohol-free character of the 2022 World Cup mightn't be too bad, though, actually. Imagine someone trying to drink beer at 50°C --- that'd end up in people falling over dead in the hundreds and thousands. Then again, would kind of serve them right for venturing to an Arabic country for a football game. The only upside of the Qatar submission is that a fan might be able to see two different games in two different stadia on the same day. :P

Then again, what did we expect of Blatter and his general holier-than-thou hope to spread to new markets, and to give the impression that everything is fine around the globe, whilst all that it's really about is the revenue or other pretentious projects under the cloak of humanitarian-based help for the respective region. Disappointing is also that Qatar is willing to officially accept Israel as a country for something as banal as a sporting event. :oanieyes

flâneur
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Qatar is smaller than New York City and alcohol is prohibited.

Im sure they are hoping to allah that England dont qualify as the fans/hooligans will find a way by hook or by crook to have a riot and get pissed........and god or allah forbid what will happen if by some miracle the Scots qualify.

RoyBatty
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
The whole circus surrounding the WC (pun intended) is hilarious. The yellow press in the UK are going rabid, whining and crying how "we was wobbed" blah blah blah.

Let's be honest for a minute:

- Sporting Organisations are by nature corrupt. FIFA is no exception to this rule.

- the UK effectively got 1 vote only during the initial round (excluding the English official's vote). That has to tell you that there's something seriously wrong. Not only with FIFA but with the country's popularity, campaign and image. The same thing happens every year at Eurovision Circus when England tends to come last or next to last. The reasons why aren't exactly clear but Tony Bliar's Iraq War, the way "the neighbours" perceive England etc all play a role I suspect.

- the recent Wiki "leaks", which btw seems more and more contrived to me had a field day with Russia calling it a "mafia state". Obviously the UK press seized on this and went native bonkers. So OK, fair enough, Russia is a bit of a gangster's paradise but what's new? The only difference between the Russian "Mafia" and the USA / UK / ZOG mafia are the levels of sophistication under which they operate. There is just as much corruption (usually legal corruption) in the West as elsewhere. The saying about throwing stones when living in glass houses comes to mind.

- The English bid.... well... what can you say about their video. Not only is it a disgrace to the nation, no doubt it also confused the s*** out of the FIFA officials because after viewing it they couldn't possibly have known which "country" England actually is!!!! See for yourself.

The "English" bid features a Gook in a tuk-tuk, Wogs in the township, more black kids in the Caribbean and A-rabs in the kashbah. This "diverse" "multicultural" experience showed the world, it somehow forgot to show England. Perhaps the bid organisers were embarrassed about it being too "white" or something.

q724864j9OY

Untersberger
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Thusnelda.. Excellent Post..

Agree on every letter within every word..

FIFA are now in my opinion one bag of proven rotten apples when it comes to corruption exposed in its true reality by excessive arabic oil dollar signs..
Qatar has them well and truly exposed this time and only the truly meek will believe in this schwachsinn of propaganda 'FIFA Fair Play' mythology of wanting to spread the game around the globe for the sake of it..

Qatar BOUGHT the World Cup for 2022 as far as can be highly assumed with all the blatant and obvious feckless money go round carry on behind the scenes with the system used to get votes.

In the first round Australia the Hero of the Sydney 2000 Olympics and state of the art first world nation could only pull *1* vote and was thus eliminated and then the worlds richest nation of the USA was oosted in the final round for what in reality is a little hot sand ridden land (as well as a religious bigot nation) called Qatar with a wannabee football team that was booted out of the last World Cup by the massive might of New Zealand... !!!!!!!!

No disrespect meant to New Zealand..

If ever a World Cup was to be given to the Middle East it is of course true common sense that FIFA would then give it to the middle eastern nation of Turkey but of course common sense is something that can and is always overridden by the fist of monetary persuasion..

RoyBatty
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Im sure they are hoping to allah that England dont qualify as the fans/hooligans will find a way by hook or by crook to have a riot and get pissed........and god or allah forbid what will happen if by some miracle the Scots qualify.

Allah shines his light on England. Scotland will not qualify. :D

Heinrich Harrer
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 07:49 PM
The Olympics in China, football in South Africa and Qatar - I've got the feeling that for many of those sports organizations it's more about politics now than it is about the actual sport and the people enjoying it. Reminds me of how Joseph Blatter babbled about how Football in South Africa would change the world and bring us all together like one big happy family. And when did they introduce these anti-racism advertisements involving all the players at the start of every game in the final stages of the world cup? Now they probably decided it's time to integrate the muslim world with Qatar. Or maybe some petrodollars changed hands.

Untersberger
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
RoyBatty Strikes Again...

Straight to the point as is such Thors Hammer style..

Chlodovech
Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Putin already knew Russia was going to win on wednesday. And then he boarded a plane two hours before the vote took place on thursday. :)

I've no problem with Russia as the WC host, but I don't harbor any illusions, the choice was about gas Rubles - otherwise England should have won. England's chance of winning after the BBC (and other British media) accused the FIFA of corruption didn't help either, I'm afraid. But I bet the BBC alreadt knew England was not going win this time. And now the tabloids declared a cold war on Russia. :)

The Low Countries bid didn't stand a chance, even though it survived the first round. The decision which country hosts is always in the hands of higher powers - and among other things, they see to it that the African and Caribbean votes are bought.

Qatar also tried to host the opening race of the Tour de France 2009 (!), they proposed to build a tunnel, several miles long. The race would take place in the tunnel. The Tour de France organisators declined, officially because of the difficulties of transporting the whole circus to the Middle East and back to France again. They're willing to pay any price, if they want something over there in Qatar.

Untersberger
Saturday, December 4th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Chlodovech.... I hate your avatar.....can you possibly have something that is Germanic rather than that dark garb? Your choice of course and its only a little protest coz the image gives me the creeps..

Æmeric
Saturday, December 4th, 2010, 12:16 AM
I believe Qatar is playing the part of regional host, meaning some of the games (leading up to the final) will take place in neighboring oil sheikdoms, such as Kuwait, Bahrain & the UAE. Don't many Europeans already winter in those countries?

Bill Clinton was lobbying hard to get the WC for America, but hardly anyone in America cars about the WC, except for immigrants who cheers for their home countries.:oanieyes

Chlodovech
Saturday, December 4th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Chlodovech.... I hate your avatar.....can you possibly have something that is Germanic rather than that dark garb?

I'm just a sucker for everything remotely medieval, or possessing a medieval atmosphere. :) And it's that dark time of the year again over here, I'm all snowed in, and the avatar reflects my mood.

Your choice of course and its only a little protest coz the image gives me the creeps..

Well, if you're putting it that way, I'll change my avatar. I wouldn't want any members to have nightmares about the Holy Inquisition. ;)

I believe qatar is playing the part of regional host, meaning some of the games (leading up to the final) will take place in neighboring oil sheikdoms, such as Kuwait, Bahrain & the UAE. Don't many Europeans already winter in those countries?

I don't know Æmeric, that's not the case, I think. The 32 qualified teams will play all their games in Qatar, unless I'm missing something. And I'm under the impression that retired, succesfull selfmade men from NW-Europe might go to their second house in southern Europe around this time of the year, mostly to France, Spain or Italy - but the Middle East? Hmm...

Æmeric
Saturday, December 4th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I don't know Æmeric, that's not the case, I think. The 32 qualified teams will play all their games in Qatar, unless I'm missing something.Are there enough stadiums in Qatar to hold all of the matches?

And I'm under the impression that retired, succesfull selfmade men from NW-Europe might go to their second house in southern Europe around this time of the year, mostly to France, Spain or Italy - but the Middle East? Hmm...

I know the European Tour (http://www.europeantour.com/) have some of their tournaments in the Gulf States in the winter months. I was also under the impression that the Gulf sheikdoms had become destination resorts for Europeans - weird as it sounds. Sun & shopping. A lot of those real estate developements, like in Dubai, were marketed to Europeans. Or maybe it is just certain Europeans nationalities (Britons for example) who are attracted to the Persian Gulf as a vaction destination.

Thusnelda
Monday, December 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Are there enough stadiums in Qatar to hold all of the matches?

Iīve read that most of them doesnīt exist right now. They need to build them first and then they want to deconstruct them after the World Cup and ship them to Third World countries. :thumbdown

A look on Google Maps proves that Katar (the German word for it) is nothing else than a giant sand dune with Muslims.

http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&q=Katar&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Sigurd
Monday, December 6th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Iīve read that most of them doesnīt exist right now. They need to build them first and then they want to deconstruct them after the World Cup and ship them to Third World countries. :thumbdown

It's a good thing. For all we know, they've never seen metal and plastic parts down there, and might think it's something edible. That way, half of them cease to complain about hunger, and the other half dies from lead poisoning. :thumbup

Ocko
Monday, December 6th, 2010, 07:53 PM
They will have trouble with fans drinking alcohol on the streets, ladies wearing skimpy cloth, people making remarks about their muslim attitudes.

it seems more an explosive mixture: muslim austerity and soccer festival.

Heinrich Harrer
Monday, December 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Wasn't a british couple once jailed for publically kissing/holding hands in Dubai?
I suppose that Qatar is not that different from Dubai.

Tifa
Monday, December 6th, 2010, 11:31 PM
As far as I know FIFA always cared more about money than sports and competition. For them football is one big industry where you make money by selling games and overpriced tickets. Football hooligans on Birmingham derby made problems right before FIFA would decide weather England is able to host World Cup so that might be the reason why England isn't the host. http://www.ultras-tifo.net/images/stories/news/2010/birginham-astonvilla/birginham-astonvilla-riots7.jpg

Qatar wasn't big surprise for me, even Bosnia has bigger football tradition. They also built good looking stadiums and they find solution to their extremly hot climate. They will have air conditioning on the outdoors stadium :| .
I heard talk about Qatar removing their ban on alcohol during World Cup but that won't happen. You can't be seen drunk in public and you can't even kiss on the stadium :|. For me Qatar is a big NO when it comes to World Cup.
Football is supposed to be place where you can get a beer and watch your favorite team compete against other teams in sporty manner, where there are no politics, all kinds of commercials, fights and things such as that, but football today is nothing like that (especially in my area). :thumbdown

Sigurd
Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Sometimes we receive our proof not directly, but by odd circumstance: Sometimes evidence in other sports is corroborating evidence that the idea behind the World Cup 2022 is not one of sports, or helping the sport in any way shape or form, but indeed one of money:

Today was the bidding competition for the IHF Handball World Championsips 2015. The bidding nations were: Norway, France, Poland (all of which have strong Handball traditions) and - Qatar. The hosting nation for that World Cup is ... you guessed correctly, Qatar. ;)

SaxonPagan
Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 10:40 PM
It's clear that these associations are paying more attention to the (financial) interests of their own representatives than those of the sports they are charged with governing.

They begin with good intentions but, as they grow, corruption sets in. It tends to be the case with many large organisations, sporting or otherwise :(