PDA

View Full Version : Should the Gita be Important to Europeans?

hchalice
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 03:23 AM
I cannot understand how European Preservationists are going goo-goo over Hindu books. Do you people understand Hinduism and the mess that it has caused in India?

Hindu philosophy is nonsense and has not made any guru more enlightened - my personal Christian fundamentalist view

Of course, some aspects will be 'nice', but does the Gita give you real answers to real problems or just cause some esoteric tingling because you do not understand what you have read?

I MEAN NO INSULT FOLKS

Awar
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Why are you so sure that nobody understands what's written there, if you don't understand. I don't have a clue about physics, but I don't necessarily call all those numbers and formulas -gibberish.

hchalice
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 03:39 PM
AWAR,

my apologies. that statement was poorly constructed

it is just that I have not seen anything redeemable in Hinduism

circular theology does not interest me. if you understand the Gita - all the best

as i said before, i am a christian fundamentalist. i had to learn evolutionary theory for biology even though it was heretical to my faith. physics is basically the same. i am told that physics, chemistry and biology were meant to find out man's origins. just because someone writes a physics formula does not make it correct just like scientists using carbon dating (or some similar method) found that a living mollusc was actually dead for millions of years. nothing in science is foolproof or we could take the hindu verion of the earth being held up on the backs of giant elephants as gospel

anyway, sorry

Moody
Friday, June 11th, 2004, 04:35 PM
The Gita is important to European preservationists because it is part of the long Aryan tradition that flows back from modern Germanic philosophy back to the Greeks and beyond them to the Indo-Aryans.
The Gita actually upholds caste [caste is 'varna',meaning 'colour'] - see verse 18, line 41;

'O Arjuna [White One], the activities of the priestly, warrior, farmer and slave castes are clearly divided according to the qualities born of their own nature'.

So it is a much purer Aryan expression than the Semitic-influenced Christianity we are most familiar with.
Essentially, the Gita teaches a moral outlook - a master moral, not a slave moral.

http://playsthething.homestead.com/files/arjuna_with_bow.jpg
ARJUNA

Rahul
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 11:34 AM
This Arjuna, in the photo, is an Aryan?

The Geeta has nothing in common with the Greek of the Germanic tradition. Except that a people are striving to disown their semitic mode of thinking and philosophising.

Such an adoption of the Geeta is denial, basically.

The Gita is important to European preservationists because it is part of the long Aryan tradition that flows back from modern Germanic philosophy back to the Greeks and beyond them to the Indo-Aryans.
The Gita actually upholds caste [caste is 'varna',meaning 'colour'] - see verse 18, line 41;

'O Arjuna [White One], the activities of the priestly, warrior, farmer and slave castes are clearly divided according to the qualities born of their own nature'.

So it is a much purer Aryan expression than the Semitic-influenced Christianity we are most familiar with.
Essentially, the Gita teaches a moral outlook - a master moral, not a slave moral.

http://playsthething.homestead.com/files/arjuna_with_bow.jpg
ARJUNA

Moody
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 06:10 PM
This Arjuna, in the photo, is an Aryan?

The Geeta has nothing in common with the Greek of the Germanic tradition. Except that a people are striving to disown their semitic mode of thinking and philosophising.

Such an adoption of the Geeta is denial, basically.

Arjuna is certainly an Aryan; as these beautiful lines from the Geeta suggest;

The Lord said:
'My beloved friend!
Why yield, just on the eve of battle, to this weakness which does no credit to those who call themselves Aryans, and only bring them infamy and bars against them the gates of heaven?
[BhG II:2]

How can an adherence to the the Aryan tradition [which is a positive thing] be "denial" - please explain.

Wherever spirituality decays and materialism is rampant, then, O Arjuna!
I reincarnate Myself.
[BhG IV:7]

http://www.hill-kleerup.org/blog/images/hitlerdove.jpg

Rahul
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
I see the fenris myth as a very vivid explanation of the prevalent cannibalism, at least if not a full blown evidence then at least an indirect allusion to it, among norse tribes.

Compare that then, with the thought of the Geeta.

And then, you post an image from some South Indian Temple with some figure, which I do not thing physically resembles a Puru or a Bharata or even a Sudha!

I didn't refer to the thought of the Gita, but the graphic which you had put under your post.

The Lord said:
'My beloved friend!
Why yield, just on the eve of battle, to this weakness which does no credit to those who call themselves Aryans, and only bring them infamy and bars against them the gates of heaven?

How can an adherence to the the Aryan tradition [which is a positive thing] be "denial" - please explain.

I reincarnate Myself.

Moody
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 04:33 PM
I see the fenris myth as a very vivid explanation of the prevalent cannibalism, at least if not a full blown evidence then at least an indirect allusion to it, among norse tribes.

Compare that then, with the thought of the Geeta.

And then, you post an image from some South Indian Temple with some figure, which I do not thing physically resembles a Puru or a Bharata or even a Sudha!

I didn't refer to the thought of the Gita, but the graphic which you had put under your post.

I must correct you; you said that the Gita has nothing in common with the European world, and that an adoption of it was a form of "denial".
I asked you to explain that enigma, but you haven't.

I would say that the work of Savitri Devi alone [who found the Gita to be central to her Aryan mythos] would refute what you suggest to be the case;

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/hindudom.htm

The picture of 'Arjuna' is just an artist's impression of that warrior - that's all.

Boerncian
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I cannot understand how European Preservationists are going goo-goo over Hindu books. Do you people understand Hinduism and the mess that it has caused in India?

Hindu philosophy is nonsense and has not made any guru more enlightened - my personal Christian fundamentalist view

Of course, some aspects will be 'nice', but does the Gita give you real answers to real problems or just cause some esoteric tingling because you do not understand what you have read?

I MEAN NO INSULT FOLKS
Well I understand it have studied the vedas and The gita the message is clear.Krishna is telling the warriour Arjuna that the temporal world is just that temporal, that he as a warriour must always assume his own death and the death of all others, and do his duty.Also for me fundamentalist Christianity is absurd, no offense, but quite illogical, and has not produced one major thinker,except for its founder John calvin.All a matter of perspective. The mind set of the vedas is far closer to our racial forefathers than Judeo/chirstianity which teaches submission to a higher power an ultimate King, while,the folk faiths of the Germanic folk and the celts seeks seek transcendence of self through submission to duty and honor.Duty is a duty to the Volk not to a king. We have leadersbut we know they are temporal.
No bargains with Odin no sin except to live weakly and die a straw death. This is the essence of the Gita.

Shapur
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 06:01 PM

I MEAN NO INSULT FOLKS
Come on man. Go and read your Bible where is write about Semitic tribes.
I read Indo-Germanic books not Semitic books!:P

Nordhammer
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 07:03 PM

The caste system didn't work, they're all mixed.

Shapur
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 07:54 PM
The caste system didn't work, they're all mixed.
Befor you claiming something in which sense they are mixed.
And what castes and what tribes. Please some genetical facts! ;)

Nordhammer
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Befor you claiming something in which sense they are mixed.
And what castes and what tribes. Please some genetical facts! ;)

Don't be silly, you might as well believe all Mexicans are pure Med.

Rahul
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 02:16 PM
I must correct you; you said that the Gita has nothing in common with the European world, and that an adoption of it was a form of "denial".
I asked you to explain that enigma, but you haven't.

I would say that the work of Savitri Devi alone [who found the Gita to be central to her Aryan mythos] would refute what you suggest to be the case;

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/hindudom.htm

The picture of 'Arjuna' is just an artist's impression of that warrior - that's all.

In another thread, the Bible of Aryan Invasions thread I mean, you said I was showing my extreme bitterness against Europeans.

I find it unbelievable that the Geeta could inspire men of high intellect and wisdom as are the Europeans. I think of the unhistorical nature of the background which is given in the story of the Mahabharat. Mahabharat is a work of fiction and the perennial philosophy of the Geeta is as falacious as can be.

You didn't really understand a thing about it. There is no historical basis to provide the backdrop of events which the Geeta begins with. There is no truth in it, it is empty and as good as mere bubbles.

You like it because you find in it the God of Jesus Christ, you see Krishna as a prophet, to your inner core you listen to it as the second christian faith, which you can assign an 'Aryan' character because it will be home to you, and you successfully overcame a semitic faith.

While there are more people who "understand the truth".

It is completely natural. I can understand it well.

There is a spiritual emptiness, Europeans are quite unhappy with life, they are keen to acquire faith which they can relate to most.

They have also acquired a number of suicidal(killing a living being) ideas. They are gradually eating up their left over human nature. They have always been quite different from other humans on the planet, in their attitudes towards living.

Carnivores animals such as wolves have been an essential part of major European religions. There is a fascination in the European mind towards the wild where one can prey, even if on a fellow human, or even a brother.

Sagas and German Legends are replete with allusions to cannibalism. They were modified by christian theologists to save the ancestors of christianated Norseman from feelings of revulsion by their descendants.

Christianity tried to overcome characteristic cannibal instincts among europeans. But in early european christian centuries, Crusades might have seen some violent assaults on Muslims/Arabs by Europeans.

Here is a link:
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/clone.html
Will post later!

Moody
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry to say this, Rahul, because I like you; but I feel that you are being awfully presumptuous here.

You say that I like the Geeta [or 'BhG'] because of its Christian flavour - possibly! - but this must be deeply subliminal!

Indeed, my ostensible interest in it is down to at least three things;

Its Aryan nature,
Its anti-Christian message, and
Its Nietzschean qualities.

Take these lines;

The destruction of our kindred means the destruction of the traditions of our ancient lineage, and when these are lost, unrighteousness will overrun our homes.
When unrighteousness spreads, the women of the house begin to stray; when they lose their purity, disorder of the castes and adulteration of the stock follows.
[BhG I 40-41]

The Geeta affirms the order of the castes and the importance of heredity.
It also has an ethical philosophy very different to that of the Christian, and is more comparable to Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra than it is to the New Testament;

"For Arjuna [hero of the Geeta] and Zarathustar [hero of Nietzsche's TSZ], deliverence or redemption demand nothing less than a radical change of attitude, a wholesale acceptance of this world, without addition or subtraction.
In sum, both Arjuna and Zarathustra need to learn how to 'deify' the world: Nietzsche through 'amor fati', or 'love of fate', and Arjuna through 'bhakti yoga', or the path of 'devotion' or love".
[R. Benn, 'Nietzsche and the Bhagavad Gita']

While I agree that there is a spiritual lack amongst many Europeans and Westerners, that is not true for all of us.

I actually count spiritual STRIVING as a very high form of spirituality itself - and I am striving.

And you want to kick we strivers in the teeth!
Good - we'll be stronger for that.

Cannibalism can be found in many areas of the world [including India] and in all phases of history;

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/c/cannibalism.html

Of course, Savitri Devi, like her hero Adolf Hitler, was a vegetarian.

The caste system was inaugurated by the Aryans maybe some 4,000 years ago at least.
That it still lives its racial mark on India after so long is remarkable [imagine the USA in 3,500 years time!].
The system broke down due to its becoming over-complex, more than anything else.
I believe we should always stick to the basic four varnas.

Nordhammer
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry to say this, Rahul, because I like you; but I feel that you are being awfully presumptuous here.

You say that I like the Geeta [or 'BhG'] because of its Christian flavour - possibly! - but this must be deeply subliminal!

Indeed, my ostensible interest in it is down to at least three things;

Its Aryan nature,
Its anti-Christian message, and
Its Nietzschean qualities.

Take these lines;

The destruction of our kindred means the destruction of the traditions of our ancient lineage, and when these are lost, unrighteousness will overrun our homes.
When unrighteousness spreads, the women of the house begin to stray; when they lose their purity, disorder of the castes and adulteration of the stock follows.
[BhG I 40-41]

The loss of purity came from the male side, as they took nonEuropean wives in plenty. Such is why higher castes are more Eastern European in male ancestry but more Mongoloid in female ancestry.

The caste system was inaugurated by the Aryans maybe some 4,000 years ago at least.
That it still lives its racial mark on India after so long is remarkable [imagine the USA in 3,500 years time!].
The system broke down due to its becoming over-complex, more than anything else.
I believe we should always stick to the basic four varnas.

It only left its mark in oppression and slavery, it did nothing for racial purity. Goes to show you that only complete separation can maintain racial purity.

Moody
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Yes, I agree, but then this has the unfortunate effect of severing race from class.

One advantage of the caste system is that it makes the necessary social stratification [what we call 'class'] a racial thing.

In a true caste society, race is everything.

But by having a single mono-race separatist society, itself divided in classes [where the peasant differs little racially from a prince], you give rise to notions of communism and class war [perhaps such things derive from a breakdown of the caste system in the first place].

Where the caste system gives each race its assigned place in the strata, a black Chandala cannot PRETEND to be anything else because "his race is his uniform".
But we have seen that in a mono-racial society, a Jew with pseudo-Aryan features can change his name and have power over real Aryans.

While I think what you advocate is probably the best for the present, it must have a strict anti-Semitic and anti-Communist policy to succeed.
Unfortunately, having Aryans in the lower stratum, as the unemployed, the underclass etc., makes them turn to communistic ideas, and being Aryans they have the necessary will-to-power to effect such ideas.

I think that class is also a reality, like race, and so cannot be papered over in a mono-racial society with its implied equality.

Therefore, on the grand scale, a proper strict caste system [perhaps using futuristic gene therapy to make all cross-breeding impossible] is probably more Aryan in the long run as it enshrines ALL the functions of society [including class] within a racial necessity.

Shapur
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Don't be silly, you might as well believe all Mexicans are pure Med.
Mexicans are a mixed nation. But I you can find there pure Caucasians.
The same with Indians! So don`t write ALL!

Rahul
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Mexicans are a mixed nation. But I you can find there pure Caucasians.
The same with Indians! So don`t write ALL!

"India" is a generalised notion prevalent in the European/Western mind.

And they use it cleverly to build images and propagate it widely. They are quite agressive too. But there is nothing to worry about. A lie can not exist forever. A false idea burns out quicker than does the feeling which truth makes run through the blood.

The other poster speaks of the east european male ancestry failing in Northern Indian stock. He terms as mongol the maternal lineages. It is not Mongol, and you should go further down south to Punjab and UP regions to find the Asiatic(is it mongol?). Even this Asiatic Mt DNA is not sufficiently close to the Chinese Mongoloid race-type's maternal ancestry.

Simplistic or deceptive or even lying, this has generalised and presented a far fetched the idea of "India". Its basically laughable.

Honestly, I don't even need to speak to these hypocrites, they ought to be shown the mirror so that they can clearly see just how many varied male stocks have contributed to their own multiracial genetic character.

Here is a Y-Chromosomal Haplogroup Map of Europe, compared with the populations of South Asian Subcontinent and Middle East/North Afrika.

The Pakistani Kashmir is not the Kashmir Valley but the region west of Pir Panjal Range.

I come from this region, I speak the dialects(Boli) of this region, I look like a Potohari-Poonchhee. And I am proud that we have nothing to do with Europeans or any other equivalent race. Our people are the Sudhans, Purus/Parshos and Saraswats. Our Pahari Culture & heritage is understood only by us and we like being Potohari-Poonchhees, anything else is an insult.

Of course the English divided us and created a rift in the name of religion, but I know in my heart that we are one people, practising only different beliefs.

I have learnt this and more from my family, my father especially. He refused to shell positions of Pakistani Army which had Paharis in it, while he was leading a battery of the Indian Artillery.

He could never reconcile killing his own people and he chose not to. Well that's another story though.

Nordhammer
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 09:13 AM
I come from this region, I speak the dialects(Boli) of this region, I look like a Potohari-Poonchhee. And I am proud that we have nothing to do with Europeans or any other equivalent race.

And where do you live? Let's see if you're a hypocrite or not.

Nordhammer
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 09:30 AM
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=10149&highlight=India+genetic

"For maternally inherited mtDNA, each caste is most similar to Asians."

The Asian mtDNA Indians were compared to consisted of 78 Asians (12 Cambodians, 17 Chinese, 19 Japanese, 6 Malay, 9 Vietnamese, 2 Koreans, and 13 Asians of mixed ancestry).

Rahul
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 11:30 AM
I wonder how can you make me a hypocrite, if you have any ethics at all, or just to feel not-that-mongrel yourself, which your ancestral genetics suggest(I assume you are of North West European Ancestry)!

And where do you live? Let's see if you're a hypocrite or not.

I live in the North Western Himalayas. Most of my other folks live in hills too, in the state of HP and its foothills.

I have been to Kashmir many times before. I have seen the Valley as well as regions around Pir Panjal. And that is where I feel home.

We have many relatives who had to move from their homes in Poonchh Hills to the Eastern and Valley Sides of Kashmir, in areas such as Udhampur and Akhnoor, while some in the Poonchh.

The language which we speak is till this date not quite different. A lot of our people are Sikhs, and many of those who stayed behind in Pakistan became Muslims. Many of them have actually visited us here.

All disgusting events of 1947, we don't blame our own people for it, I mean muslims also as our people. It is well know that the British Chief of Newly-Created Pakistani Army had planned mercenary rioting and murders in Poonchh.

Then what can explain the Hungama-E-Polandyari where Pooncchees fought Mohajir-Dominated Pakistani Government in Poonchh?

Our people have no Voting rights here in 'India' nor do I have even an inch of land.

I have several friends there, as far in the North as the Charsadda in Peshawar Valley, they ask me that I visit them. Whereas we have too few of our people here, a few thousands(no more than 3,000-4,000) among a billion beings.

Scattered all over the country.

It is right, that I don't live, I don't live on the land where my physical body is. A plant is living on its soil, it is firewood elsewhere.

If you intend to suggest that we have been assimilated into the local INdian population, then you are incorrect. Our Biradari is too strong and vital that it inspires nothing of that sort. Whereas I wonder if Europeans could ever think up of something like Goth and Gotar, which keeps the gene pool healthy and clean!

Although some mixing has started very recently in the past 6-7 years.

And the represnetative sample you gave a link of, posted by euclides poster, that is absolutely wonderful.

Shapur, please note this. East Europeans are akin to the South Indian Veddoid Andhra Upper Castes. Some flew over to the Bay of Bengal and planted their Y-Chromosomal Haplogroups into the wombs of women(Asiatic Mongols) there. While northerns are at least purer and much better than these fly-by-to-the-south gene traders.

This is what I understand from this Nordhammer campaign.

Overall, it has been meaningless being here for the past 2 years almost. I mean this forum.

Njord Erckson, you are most welcme to ban me now!!!

Shapur
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 01:29 PM
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=10149&highlight=India+genetic

"For maternally inherited mtDNA, each caste is most similar to Asians."

The Asian mtDNA Indians were compared to consisted of 78 Asians (12 Cambodians, 17 Chinese, 19 Japanese, 6 Malay, 9 Vietnamese, 2 Koreans, and 13 Asians of mixed ancestry).
Do we speak about Pakistanis or Indians? I think Pakistanis!
So please post Pakistanian mtDNA datas not Indian!
Btw I know that Pakistanian mtDNA is 70% Caucasian. Compare this with y-chromosomal HG they would fit as 80% Caucasians!

Rahul
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Do we speak about Pakistanis or Indians? I think Pakistanis!
So please post Pakistanian mtDNA datas not Indian!
Btw I know that Pakistanian mtDNA is 70% Caucasian. Compare this with y-chromosomal HG they would fit as 80% Caucasians!

Shapur, please note what the haplogroup map posted by me measures out within the Caucasian Realm, and in West Asia.

Consider the occurrence of Haplogroup HG3 in Mari in Central Asia, and consider the Y-Chromosomal ancestry of west asian populations, as well as the Armenians and Turks. What is the nature of the HG3 there? Who is going to explain that?

Considering so, and that Iran itself is very much a middle eastern land, genetically, except its North eastern region which touches Herat in Afghanistan. Basically political history explains why Iran has borrowed so much from the Afro-Asiatic Arabs that its composition has tilted away in their favour, the entire South of Iran is Arab now. North has Mongol admixture and Turkic ancestry among Azeris. It has little in common with the Tajiks, who are actually closer to the Kashmiris of Northern Kashmir-Baltistan.
Both of these have recieved some Mongol and Semitic Paternal Genetic lineage, which is again explained by their political history. Many who live by the Pashtunwali are Tajiks and are called Pakhtoons. And then there is the Sudhan tribe in North-Western Kashmir(as a United State), who also rank among the Pashtoons, although they do not have much in common with the Pakhtoons, i.e., no social or marital ties with the Marwat Pakhtoons.

Assan di boli vi farag hi! :)

Jeh koi vi apni boli bolna hi taan mere sange bolom jadeen koi vakif hi meri boli naal taan me eh chassan ke tussan vi es post da jawaab deyo!

I know I have mixed potohari with Pahari. :D

I wish I was brought up within this language's birthplace.

Pahari rules!

We ought to get back to Pakistani genes.

Most Bloch are actually Pakhtoons. Pakhtoons are related to Kashmiris and East Iranians but they also have Middle Eastern Arab and North Afrikan Admixture. That is why their hopitality is so noble. They are probably the best example of a living people. They have always fought, but at heart they are a kinder and compassionate people. Their blood has been used by others in the name of religion and various other causes and sacrificed for reasons which no Pakhtoon identifies. But their strongest characteristic is their unity, of all the tribes.

Sindhis have enormous Semitic admixture, the maybe related to the Indian Jats/Jatts as well as the Gujratis. Indian Populations Punjab onwards have Veddoid and other Asian admixture. A lot of hilly people are, however, distinct from bother-Oriental as well as Asiatic populations.

Punjab is inhabited by all kinds of caste groups, the Arains, the Jats, the Rajputs, Saiyads etc. Their Asiatic maternal inheritance is quite well-known. The Gypsies originated from these Punjab Castes.

Potohar is Northern Punjab & Kashmir West of the Pir Panjal, although Pakistanis like to call it Azad Kashmir. They have had their own pangs of labour. The Hungama-E-Polandari was one such episode. And how it was crushed by the Pakistani army after Sudhan Poonchhees had taken captive a town's police following their protests against the Pakistani plans aimed at developing Poonchh region through rapid industrialisation.

Our own people think that we might be Iranians of antiquity. But that is just a thought and more and more people are now trying to merge in to the Indian Fabric.

Moody
Sunday, June 27th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Overall, it has been meaningless being here for the past 2 years almost. I mean this forum.

Nonsense; I have learnt much from you [I would like to learn more but I feel I'm not up to it!].

And I know that Jack has said that he has learnt much from you.

I actually RESPECT your indignation, but just don't expect a non-European viewpoint from we Europeans!

Am I Eurocentric? - You bet!

Jack
Sunday, June 27th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I've learned a great deal from you, Rahul, and it would be a great loss to see you leave. I believe it's beneficial to have a non-European Aryan on Skadi to remind us of who we once were, in ages past, even though Europeans/West Aryans have moved in a somewhat different direction from the Aryans in the East. In my opinion the Bhagavad Gita is not currently prominent in the West. It should be, though, in order to 'purify' the modern West.

Rahul
Monday, June 28th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Hallo, I am not a great man. I probably falter more easily than others and utter stupid words for which I feel a pain inside later.

Never mind, you both know very well that there is more to our lives and world. Forums on the Internet are irrelevant to any cause. They serve as a means to propagate ideas which are altogether impractical in the real world.

And most of all they are completely in coherent with the persona of the poster itself.

Life is lived by deeds and not by words alone.

The more difficult problem is that it is easy for Big people to break apart than create. Same with tradition, which is made with some very honest and selfless sacrifices or simple humans.

We should all remember that in our daily lives.

Then the crux of the problem is that most people are attracted to places like Skadi and all other boards on the Internet because they have left only negative feelings within themselves. There is no positive thought which they desire.

I've learned a great deal from you, Rahul, and it would be a great loss to see you leave. I believe it's beneficial to have a non-European Aryan on Skadi to remind us of who we once were, in ages past, even though Europeans/West Aryans have moved in a somewhat different direction from the Aryans in the East. In my opinion the Bhagavad Gita is not currently prominent in the West. It should be, though, in order to 'purify' the modern West.

CountBloodSpawn
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2005, 05:47 PM

The Lord said:
'My beloved friend!

I reincarnate Myself.

thats actually from the Bhagavad Gita...thats best quote I have ever read
the gods were actually said to reincarnate themselves in time of spiritual and materialistic trouble...I have gotta get my hands on the Bhagavad Gita

Imperator X
Wednesday, August 24th, 2005, 08:06 PM
The Bhagavad Gita is a very valuable text and contains within it promotion of a superior morality. Whereas Buddhism was killed off in the kingdom of Ghandara (Afghanistan) due to most sects of Buddhism's unnatural interpretation of the concept of Ahimsa i.e. non-violence, Hinduism has stood the test of time against the onslaught of Islam and has proven it's inherent organic vitality.

Rahul
Tuesday, September 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM
The Bhagavad Gita is a very valuable text and contains within it promotion of a superior morality. Whereas Buddhism was killed off in the kingdom of Ghandara (Afghanistan) due to most sects of Buddhism's unnatural interpretation of the concept of Ahimsa i.e. non-violence, Hinduism has stood the test of time against the onslaught of Islam and has proven it's inherent organic vitality.

It is Gandhara, imperator. And it was the Haydal who destroyed the Tocharian Buddhist Culture in Afghanistan. But the last heathen religion which fell in Afghanistan was that of the Shaheyas-Hindus.:thumbdown

Most of them actually became Muslims then and became man of the code-Pakhtoonwali.

Various tribes like the Sudhans, Bangash, Khattaks and Yousefzeis are related to them.

Infact the active messege of the Geeta is more prevalent and pronounced in Islam than in present-day Hinduism itself. Besides, I understand that you seek allies in war against Islam instead of having really any interest in hot-air hinduism. After all a billion hindus can be a good cannon fodder for Islamic jehadis.

Waldeule
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
The Gita CAN be important for Europeans. But I think it should be leaved to every single person whether he or she thinks whether it is important for this person or not.
The Gita contains the message of fighting for your right, fighting to fulfill your destiny, fighting to fulfill the destiny of your caste (or race if you want so). I think its message is important.

Aupmanyav
Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Geeta is a complete philosophy of life. Though it is a vaishnav (devotees of Vishnu, Rama, Krishna, etc.) scripture, it is not necessary to be a Krishna devotee to get benefit out of Geeta. Just disregard those portions or replace them by 'Brahman', the hindu universal substrate, and things would make more sense. Anyone who reads Geeta will benefit by it, be it Europeans, or Africans, or Chinese. Everytime you read it, it will open the doors to a new wisdom.