PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Canada

Legionnaire
Thursday, September 19th, 2002, 05:17 AM
I'd like to know,from my fellow canadians comrades,which political position they think is the best.
1)Independence of Quebec
2)Canada the way it is right now (geographically speaking)
3)I heard there is a movement for independence of Ontario,is that true?If it is,what about independence of Ontario and Quebec.

All for now,so long
:cool

mav0ric
Thursday, September 19th, 2002, 01:51 PM
I am on my way out the door for a couple days to gather with a group from www.bcwhitepride.com but I will go into detail on this when I return I assure you. Look for it Sunday.

mav0ric
Saturday, October 5th, 2002, 04:57 PM
I think that every province should have the ability to seceed from the collective if that is the wish of the people. There is no real need for a country the size of Canada in this day in age. Personally I am all for western Canadian seperation. The renouned Canadian lawyer Doug Christie who has defended the rights of such men as Earnst Zundle and Jim Keegstra has a great idea going to further this concept. http://www.westcan.org/ . Personally I think that with BC (forestry, mining, international airport, international port) Alberta (oil, farming) and Saskatchewan (farming) we as a western Canadian country would be a feasable and viable new country. Saskatchewan is an if in my book though with the huge native population. I think this idea is doable over the course of the next generation if current resentment towards the government in Canada continues. Currently here the votes of Ontario and Quebec dictate who is the party in power here in Canada. This alienates the west and is a huge rallying point when discussing this idea to sheeple. With the overwhelming Asian immigration in BC (Vancouver mostly) comes another interesting point that works in our favor in many ways. Contrary to what the Jew owned papers and media will tell you there is an enormous hatred of them outside the lower mainland. Here where I live people will tell you that they are not racist but then go on and on about the 'gooks' and 'pakis' in Vancouver. It does open up the possibility to reaching many that are currently outside the movement.

Legionnaire
Sunday, October 20th, 2002, 04:28 PM
thank you very much for answering me,and I'm sorry I didn't reply you earlier.
Because of the geografical dimensions of Canada,we can't talk about one nation,but many nations within,for example,a person from Ontario is very different from a person in British Columbia right?
I would also like to know if you ever read the book "The nine nations of Northern America"?The book is about the existence of many nations,saying that Canada and US are nothing but an illusion,for example,"Ecothopy"which includes Seattle and Vancouver,are very different if you compare to "The Foundry"which includes,NYC,Chicago,Detroit and Toronto.Do you agree with that?

Verslingen
Tuesday, August 24th, 2004, 03:10 AM
I think that we need to dissolve the policys of libreal prov. are not that of ours in Lab and New Foundland. I hate to think we are succomb our well earned white naton to niggers and queers.

verslingen
:prost :fviking::prost

svartabrandr
Tuesday, August 24th, 2004, 06:14 AM
I believe that it would be best if Quebec would separate. As for the rest of Canada in my opinion it should stay intact.

Verslingen
Tuesday, August 24th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I don't know about staying a lot of us up here really don't feel connected to the rest of Canada. I mean We see more of the Danish fisherman than our own politicians. If Que. left Lab would prob join her. I don't now about those folk down in st. John.
verslingen

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Thursday, September 2nd, 2004, 10:08 PM
I'd like to know,from my fellow canadians comrades,which political position they think is the best.
1)Independence of Quebec
2)Canada the way it is right now (geographically speaking)
3)I heard there is a movement for independence of Ontario,is that true?If it is,what about independence of Ontario and Quebec.

All for now,so long
:cool1)Quebec will only separate if Louisiana does.
2)If America stays the same.
3)Ontario will only separate if America has a lasting secession. Did the American Civil War allow the Confederacy to succeed?

Babbage
Wednesday, September 8th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I think the Ontario separation movement you might be thinking of is a gag website posted on Free Dominion some time ago, hosted by some wannabe-American Westerner. Have a look: http://www.katewerk.com/ontario.html

Jehan
Tuesday, October 12th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Quebec should definitely be a separate country from the rest of Canada. This isn't for economical reasons or whatever, but because we are a different folk with a different culture. I believe most people in this forum can understand this, hmm? People wanting to keep their culture? Does that ring a bell to anyone?:P
I thought so.

HowlingOskorei
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2004, 03:09 AM
As a member of a French-speaking group outside of Quebec who is fighting to preserve it's culture, I feel that if Quebec separates, it will be an enormous major blow to our civil rights (or the little civil rights we do have). Around the time of the last referendum in Quebec, there was much violence towards Acadians in this province because a lot of English people (ignorent ones, I might add) felt that we were involved in this "conspiracy" to break up Canada, and that we should leave too. heh.

The Acadian population in Nova Scotia is dropping due to intermarrying, English influence, and media influence. Many Acadians have very limited ability in written French, not only because of these outside influences, but also because of the fact that many of us were *forcefully* educated in English. Many Acadian teenagers refuse to speak French or study in French because they think it is "geeky" or "uncool". I am guilty of this myself, I can articulate better in English than in French, but I must say truthfully that it is not by choice. We look to Quebecers as role models. The government of Quebec has helped us out, we wouldn't have University of St. Anne or bilingual signs if it wasn't for you guys, Queen Elizabeth wouldn't have acknowledged us if it wasn't for Quebec. We need you here to help us in our fight, because at 3.6% of the population and falling, we can't do it alone.

Remember that the Acadians were the founders of New France.

Jehan
Thursday, December 23rd, 2004, 11:30 PM
The problem with what you're saying is that Quebec could do so much more as a nation, rather than the province of an artificially glued country. I do understand your situation, being of Acadian descent myself, as many other quebecers, but I find the freedom of 5 millions french speaking quebecers more important than 34 000 acadians who think french is uncool. Now ask yourself: do you really want to live as a french minority in Canada? This situation is indeed not very good to your culture, but it's not helping their either. Maybe someday we'll take back Acadie by force:D , and it would be justified, in a way, kind of... but for now this seems pretty hopeless, and I don't consider the idea of a bilingual country to be very good. But you know, you are the kind of people we would consider as "good" immigrants here, so feel free to come:D . If you see Quebec as role models (wooow, we're that cool?), you should seek a way to emancipate yourself too, not try to "live in harmony" with the English. Unless you got a little masochistic side...like most of our politicians here, sadly.

NormanBlood
Thursday, March 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I don't know about staying a lot of us up here really don't feel connected to the rest of Canada. I mean We see more of the Danish fisherman than our own politicians. If Que. left Lab would prob join her. I don't now about those folk down in st. John.
verslingen

If Labrador and Northern Newfoundland followed in Quebec's suite, so would St John's and the Avalon area.

At this point I think Canada is confronting new issues which would be hard to deal with as a group of nations newly broken up. It would give more excuse for immigration. If we didn't have to deal with these newest developments then we'd consider seperation. But that is not the case. Outside Quebec French is looked down upon by people of French descent, especially in Eastern Ontario. The focus at this time should preservation of language and culture and blood in the face of these new challenges. Once we overcome this (IF we ever overcome) then we can consider seperation. Though I personally think Newfoundland and Labrador has it a bit easier than the rest where new immigration issues are concerned.

RedJack
Saturday, September 17th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I am all in favour of Quebec separation, the sooner the better!:thumbup

Veritas Æquitas
Friday, May 12th, 2006, 11:23 PM
If Quebec separates, I believe sincerely that the rest of Canada will follow suit. In my opinion, the federation of Canada is a myth. The Canada we once knew and heard of is dead. Quebec would be wise if they suceeded for separation because it's the only thing that will keep it's own culture alive. As for the other provinces, we're just too American influenced to legitimatley call ourselves a distinct culture. Since the majority of Canadians don't want anything to do with Britain, we might as well join America. Not that I want to, of course. :thumbdown

Gentilis
Sunday, July 30th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I live in Quebec and I know for a fact it is extremely toxic to the health, unity and prosperity of the country. An independant Quebec would be a blessing to the rest of Canada.

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Saturday, October 30th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I am currently in college & training to become a commercial helicopter pilot. I am planning on moving out of california, usa to oregon or washington, usa to finish up at my university of choice. After I finish my degree & flight training; I want to move outside of the usa to live & work. How is Canada? Is there any highly recommended areas that are mainly white? In terms of flying, is there mainly helicopters there?

Thanks for reading.

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Saturday, October 30th, 2010, 05:10 AM
This is the Canadian section, no one has a response?

SpearBrave
Saturday, October 30th, 2010, 05:29 AM
^ no one has responded because it takes time for the right people that can answer your question to log on, please be patient.;)

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Saturday, October 30th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Will do

wittwer
Monday, November 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Check with the Canadian Consulate. They should be able to put you in touch with whoever is in need of Pilots.

kaneslater
Monday, November 8th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I am not sure about helicopter schools, but this should be easily checked.

As far as white areas are concerned, this very much depends or where you would be settling in Canada. Most major cities have a rather mix of different races, with Toronto having a lot of South Asians, Vancouver having a large Chinese population. Smaller centers tend to be much more European, with some Native Indian mix. North has a fair number Inuits (but it is probably too cold for helicopters). Eastern Canada along the Atlantic coast tends to be very European. In general I would guess that you would Canada to be "whiter" then USA, but not as pure as parts of Europe.

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Friday, November 12th, 2010, 09:24 PM

As far as white areas are concerned, this very much depends or where you would be settling in Canada. Most major cities have a rather mix of different races, with Toronto having a lot of South Asians, Vancouver having a large Chinese population. Smaller centers tend to be much more European, with some Native Indian mix. North has a fair number Inuits (but it is probably too cold for helicopters). Eastern Canada along the Atlantic coast tends to be very European. In general I would guess that you would Canada to be "whiter" then USA, but not as pure as parts of Europe.

Im not concerned about helicopter schools. Just the population and best area for helicopters. In my neighborhood in california, my household is one 5 that are still white. Thats a horrible percentage.

BroBro
Monday, November 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM

I live in Europe and was born in the USA, you would be surprised. Europe is really not as White as you would imagine it to be. I really depends on where you are in the USA too.

Europe has a lot of Black Breeders, it is just a leaky boat ride from Africa into Europe and has been that way for thousands of years.

Orme
Wednesday, November 24th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I live in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. By my approximations, the valley is approx. 95% white/germanic and 5% other(east indian, native, asian). We have a few local helicopter companies, a few small/local airports and an international airport. Pretty active skies around here. :thumbup:

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Thursday, November 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I live in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. By my approximations, the valley is approx. 95% white/germanic and 5% other(east indian, native, asian). We have a few local helicopter companies, a few small/local airports and an international airport. Pretty active skies around here. :thumbup:

Sounds great! Best news I have heard! :highfive

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Thursday, November 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Anyone know of the process to become a canadian citizen?

Ælfrun
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I think each Province has it's own little Germanic groups in every city/town. I am from Vancouver BC but it is mostly Asian and East Indian. There are Germanic groups there but it is something that you have to look for. Here in Alberta there is a town called Camrose which is mostly inhabited by Scandinavians. I have heard it called "New Norway" The Okanagan is really nice as well. BC is beautiful because of the mountains and rivers. To become a Canadian Citizen you have to become a permanent resident and live here for 3 years I believe. Here is a website you can check out :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/howto.asp

It is correct that the further East you go, the more Europeans there are. There is a lot of multiculturalism in Canada. We are called "the cultural melting pot" It disgusts me :(

Caledonian
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I think each Province has it's own little Germanic groups in every city/town. I am from Vancouver BC but it is mostly Asian and East Indian. There are Germanic groups there but it is something that you have to look for. Here in Alberta there is a town called Camrose which is mostly inhabited by Scandinavians. I have heard it called "New Norway" The Okanagan is really nice as well. BC is beautiful because of the mountains and rivers. To become a Canadian Citizen you have to become a permanent resident and live here for 3 years I believe. Here is a website you can check out :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/howto.asp

It is correct that the further East you go, the more Europeans there are. There is a lot of multiculturalism in Canada. We are called "the cultural melting pot" It disgusts me :(

I've thought about moving to Canada myself too many times wondering if it would be any better than the United States.

I always thought about Alberta or Nova Scotia.

Ælfrun
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I've thought about moving to Canada myself too many times wondering if it would be any better than the United States.

I always thought about Alberta or Nova Scotia.

Alberta is a really good province at the moment because the Economy in Canada is extremely bad. There is a lot of work here and the Tax is minimal. There are a lot of people here from other Provinces because the job loss rates are enormous all over Canada. We have the Oil fields here. I do not know too much about Nova Scotia.

thirsty
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Saskatchewan is probably your best bet, they've been exporting people for so long that when they finally got around to developing their own resource base there was no manpower left. They are the largest producers of Potash and Uranium in the world and I see no reason why either resource will not have high demand moving forward. As well there is a lot of development in the south of the province in regards to the Bakken, which is another big resource play. Other than the Indians, most of Saskatchewan is either German or Ukranian extraction. What do you notice in this picture??

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2009/11/30/sask-pic-inset-fans.jpg

I'm in Calgary, our economy is all right, but if I was moving to Canada, Saskatchewan is the promised land.

moonwolf
Friday, December 17th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I'm also from the Okanagan Valley, although I am living abroad at the moment. Kelowna definitely has a few helicopter companies. I actually went to highschool with a kid whose father owned one of them. Scenically, Kelowna is very pretty and it has been voted as one of the most desirable places in Canada to live. Because of this the prices for housing are high and the competition for work is fierce. Ethnically, Kelowna is mostly Anglo and Germanic and is a very conservative, as well as a very cliquey town. One must get involved with serious networking in order to have a decent chance in the Okanagan.

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Friday, December 17th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I am planning on taking trips to Germany, Canada; possibly Norway & Iceland too. Canada would be my first choice to live though. If the skies are really active there, that sounds like awesome.

Do you guys know of any helicopter companies out there?

Ælfrun
Friday, December 17th, 2010, 04:37 PM
http://www.vikingairltd.com/ :P

Marielise
Friday, July 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Hey I lived in Vernon for 2 months a few years back for a government of Canada's student exchange. It's beautiful there! Kelowna too !

Adalheid
Friday, June 22nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hello,

I am not sure if my response is adequate or too late, but I just wanted to say that Canada is a wonderful place to live if you're willing to stay out of the densely populated areas.

If you have any sort of trades skill, you're desperately needed here.

Steinadler
Thursday, July 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Is it true that Canada will have an Asian majority in 2050?

Adalheid
Friday, July 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Absolutely not. There's over 25 million European people in Canada and 2.5 million Asian people, including south Asian and East Asian. They would have to do a *heck* of a lot of baby making to to become the majority in a generation.

Canada remains over 80% "white". It might not seem that way when visiting a major metropolitan centre, but there are many villages and small towns that have less than 10% visible minority.

The community of Kelowna, B.C for example has 117, 312 people with a visible minority percentage 4.8%. They are a community that is actively anti-immigration. While some liberals might have an issue with that, I believe that in the end, it is necessary.

Also keep in mind that the world population is shrinking, despite the panic over population growth. China is experiencing a population collapse, as well as other countries and are making it considerably more appealing for ex-pats to return home.

I believe the next 20 years will prove to be interesting regarding foreign immigration to Canada. The government is looking to open it's doors wider in order to create a younger population. I am of the opinion that they ought to encourage child bearing of Canadians, instead.

Æmeric
Friday, July 27th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Demographics of Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada)

It would appear that South Asians (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi), East Asians (Chinese, Koreans, Japanese) & Southeast Asians (Filipinos, Vietnamese) make up 11% of Canada's 33.5 million people.

According to Statistics Canada, visible minority groups could account for a third of the Canadian population by 2031. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada#Demographics)Visible Minority in Canada includes West Asians/Middle Easterners & Latin Americans. But 80% is European (non-minority) & like Adalheid stated the visible minorities tend to be concentrated in certain areas, like Vancouver (Hongcouver), Montreal & the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) extending along Lake Ontario from Hamilton to Durham.