PDA

View Full Version : Don't Blame Lefties, It's In Their Genes! (Gene DRD4)

SaxonPagan
Friday, October 29th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Here's a little snippet from P.31 of today's Daily Express ...

Trendy lefties can't help being the way they are - it's in their genes.

Scientists who have discovered a "Liberal gene" believe that some people are simply born to be right-on rather than moulded that way by friends, family or teachers.

Discovery of the gene - called DRD4 - by researchers at the University Of California and Harvard, is revealed in the Journal of Politics.

... any thoughts on this?

Fyrgenholt
Friday, October 29th, 2010, 09:03 PM

Eugenics? ;)

I don't know, it seems a little... Silly. I need to read more, I think. Anyway, what does it mean when it says 'some people are born right-on' rather than others who are molded? Is it saying some people are naturally individualistic where as others are naturally collectivist, or is it saying some people are born all loving, all caring, perfect life forms (/sarcasm) where as others are molded into that shape?

thoughtcrime
Friday, October 29th, 2010, 09:38 PM
If this is true then there must have been a lot of closet liberals in the middle ages ;)

wittwer
Friday, October 29th, 2010, 10:08 PM
If there is a "lefty" there most certainly must be a "rightist" gene. Another issue for Eugenics?

velvet
Friday, October 29th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Here's a little snippet from P.31 of today's Daily Express ...

Trendy lefties can't help being the way they are - it's in their genes.

Scientists who have discovered a "Liberal gene" believe that some people are simply born to be right-on rather than moulded that way by friends, family or teachers.

Discovery of the gene - called DRD4 - by researchers at the University Of California and Harvard, is revealed in the Journal of Politics.

I love the medias (sarcasm) :D

DRD4 is the dopamine receptor D4 allele, it is a behavior relevant genetic set-up, that influences the way you deal with situations or how emotions are processed and triggered into actual behavior.

It is not a "political" gene ;)

This D4 receptor though is tricky. In some levels it is a "good one", that makes you adventurous, seeking and most likely a passionate traveller seeking ever new experiences. So, rather a strong individual, that doesnt need so much guidance. Nice how the media makes a (implied leftist) "Liberal" of them.

This same receptor with another lengths of the repetitively occuring DRD4-allele muster also can cause disorders, such as inattentiveness and even schizophrenia. Here "higher" is not better. :)

Wulfram
Friday, October 29th, 2010, 10:47 PM
If this is true then there must have been a lot of closet liberals in the middle ages ;)

Exactly. Liberalism is for the most part a modern conception with roots going back to the "enlightenment" era, perhaps even as far back as the court of Elizabeth I.

If this report were true, which I seriously doubt, would not evolution be the prime suspect? ;)
Are they implying that liberalism has advanced human consciousness for the better, to the point of acquiring liberal genes to help give further assistance?
Spiritually degenerative liberalism is contrary to the principles of evolution and a definite step back.
However, if evolution does ultimately prove to be infallible then I would not look upon it too kindly as it is clearly moving Germanics backwards. :P
If one is to believe this report that is. :|