PDA

View Full Version : Pope Adviser Calls the UK a 'Third World Country'

Willow
Wednesday, September 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM
And indeed it is!
Interesting that the article, of course, has to mention that he's 'German-born'. I'm sure many people will have something to say about that and his comments (roll eyes)...

One of the Pope's senior advisers has pulled out of the papal visit to Britain, after reportedly saying the UK is a "Third World country" marked by "a new and aggressive atheism".

Cardinal Walter Kasper, 77, made the remarks in a German magazine interview.

The Vatican said the cardinal had not intended "any kind of slight", and was referring to the UK's multicultural society.

It added that he had simply pulled out of the Pope's visit due to illness.

The German-born cardinal was quoted as saying to the country's Focus magazine that "when you land at Heathrow you think at times you have landed in a Third World country".

He also was reported to have criticised British Airways, saying that when you wear a cross on the airline "you are discriminated against".

Vatican sources said Cardinal Kasper was suffering from gout and had been advised by his doctors not to travel to the UK.

The Pope is spending four days in Scotland and England, starting on Thursday.

The BBC's correspondent in Rome, David Willey, said the cardinal's reported comments were "a slightly clumsy thing to have done on the eve of the visit".

However, he added that he did not think it would have much effect on the Pope's trip to the UK.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11317441?print=true

SaxonCeorl
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Yes, Cardinal Kasper is certainly correct about what it looks like stepping out of Heathrow...

Perhaps if he visited the beautiful lands and people of the countryside his opinion would change.

hyidi
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Pope Adviser Calls the UK a 'Third World Country'
Sadly, it is so true!

Mouse Shadow
Friday, September 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM
The Pope-inator at Heathrow... :D Delivers holy fury to angry mutt hoards.... If only...

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=106371&stc=1&d=1284718123

flâneur
Friday, September 17th, 2010, 11:13 AM
The catholic church...lol.

If a priest marries he is thrown out of the cathlic church...yet if he abuses a young boy he is moved to another diocese protected and the case covered up.

Isnt there a saying about cleaning up your own garden first....?

BritishLad
Tuesday, September 21st, 2010, 09:27 PM
I'm angry at this guy.

Being an agnostic and a patriot, I'm offended in two ways. One for him called it a "third world country" and for saying it got like that because of no religous people. He wants a third world country just send him to some war-torn African country where people die in millions from disease and conflict and then see what he has to say about the UK. I only have two words for him - FU!

Florian Geyer
Tuesday, September 21st, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'm angry at this guy.

Being an agnostic and a patriot, I'm offended in two ways. One for him called it a "third world country" and for saying it got like that because of no religous people. He wants a third world country just send him to some war-torn African country where people die in millions from disease and conflict and then see what he has to say about the UK. I only have two words for him - FU!

But any outsider arriving at Britain's premier airport Heathrow would think that the UK is a Third World Country. You shouldn't be offended by it, it's just a fact. More than half of passport control staff are from the Third World. Yes, those people who decide who stays and who has to leave either weren't born here or are at best second generation immigrants. This is the image that our establishment (I don't use the word government because it's deeper than that) want to portray the British as. Add to that the airport support staff, the cleaners, the caterers, security, baggage handlers, porters - even the taxi drivers and bus drivers when you finally get out onto the street are from the Third World.

A couple of years ago, I arrived at the front Terminal Two at Manchester Airport, dropped off by my dad as we were going on holiday. The drop off area was full of people, approximately 150-200 people being dropped off at the airport at the same time. The thing that struck me was we were the only white people there. I'm not exaggerating, everyone else was Asian.

What I'm trying to say is don't be offended when an outsider has the guts to tell it like it is, it's like the Emperor's New Clothes - everyone here (apart from the Skadi types) is afraid to speak out.

Schattenjäger
Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
Maybe it will open people's eyes, though it's doubtful.

Caledonian
Sunday, September 26th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I think there is a great correlation between growing atheism when it concerns western civilization or Europe altogether.

It's quite simple really our governments have betrayed us where our nations have become nothing more than territorial lands of people fighting amongst each other over money,luxory, wealth, and resources where the idea of 'god' is nowhere near being present where no amount of praying is doing just about anything at all where more people are beginning to forsake all religion generally.

Actually I think our people becoming atheistic is a great thing not necessarily a negative thing me being the atheist that I am.

If you see the beginning history of our cultural and racial decline you will find that many of our local religious customs were infiltrated and used against us.

With religion waning it's use of being utilize against us will no longer be applicable.