PDA

View Full Version : Soundwaves and the Big Bang in the Poetic Edda

Paradigm
Monday, September 13th, 2010, 04:26 AM
This lady has made some videos going into different aspects of Norse mythology. I've thought about this very subject before in the Voluspa involving the creation of the universe. She also has a video discussing the science behind Thor and electricity. Has anyone seen her videos before?

evE6aLg-_Q8

Fyrgenholt
Tuesday, September 14th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I had never seen any of her videos before now, however I watched quite a few last night. She's one of those Marija Gimbutas 'feminist' sorts and is into all of that 'Great Goddess' junk. I don't know, not my thing really, but, none the less, she has a multitude of very useful and in some regards quite enlightening videos and puts forward some interesting ideas, too. She is certainly well learned. All things in moderation I suppose ;)

Neophyte
Tuesday, September 14th, 2010, 05:49 PM
In traditional societies there were to some extent separate male and female religious practices. So if the women feel that they need to get together and explore the feminie side of spirituality and worship the great godess or Diana, power to them.

Fyrgenholt
Tuesday, September 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
In traditional societies there were to some extent separate male and female religious practices. So if the women feel that they need to get together and explore the feminie side of spirituality and worship the great godess or Diana, power to them.

When I say Marija Gimbutas, The Great Goddess and 'feminist' spirituality, I refer to the theoretical idea of a sexually ambigious, matriarchal, non-heirarchal, peaceful and non-warlike pre-Indo-European past in which we all worshipped, if not solely, atleast primarily, Goddesses - as proposed in the works of the aforementioned. A concept that has, since it's formulation, had strong effects on 'Neo-Pagan' and feminist spirituality circles, whilst being heavily criticised by academics from a variety of standpoints. I do not refer to the idea of females exploring the feminine side of spirituality.

Neophyte
Tuesday, September 14th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Ok.

Fyrgenholt
Tuesday, September 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I apologise if I were a little defensive :)