PDA

View Full Version : Curious About My Ancestors

Roemertreu
Sunday, July 25th, 2010, 09:58 PM
They come from a region that is on the border between Germany and Poland, (last name is Baranek SP?) I can't be sure that just because they spoke polish that they are slavic, being that close to Germany they may very well have had German blood in at least some mixture, though I don't know. I'm not familiar enough with European Geography to be able to pick that up on the maps, so any help???

chrisM
Sunday, July 25th, 2010, 10:08 PM
They come from a region that is on the border between Germany and Poland, (last name is Baranek SP?) I can't be sure that just because they spoke polish that they are slavic, being that close to Germany they may very well have had German blood in at least some mixture, though I don't know. I'm not familiar enough with European Geography to be able to pick that up on the maps, so any help???

Did they consider themselves Polish? If they were really German, I doubt they would identify as being Polish. Polish people will always agressively deny that they are German too. Try a DNA test and find out as much as you can about their ancestry.