PDA

View Full Version : Irish Birth/Marriage/Death Records

Deifr
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know if there is anywhere on the internet I can find these? On Ancestry.com I only see to find England and Wales sources, and I have a familyI need to trace to Ireland. They moved to Liverpool in the mid 1800s before having children.

Gardisten
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hope this helps:

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/irl/index.html#CivilRegistration

Irby
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010, 07:51 PM
I know that the Irish government are quite good as they publish their census for 1911, (which I have 5 great-grandparents on), but for the 1800, you might have to go to Dublin.

They must have come over in the potato famine, so the information was not that good for this period, as over 1,000,000 Irish died at the hands of the British (all forgotten now) and 1,000,000 had to emigrate, so there was a lot of confusion. You might be better looking at the Liverpool side for there records. They are kept in Central Library, opposite St.Georges Hall in the city centre, on the 4th floor, I think.

But as i say, lot of people were moving round then, so the information is very difficult to come by.

Good luck now!

Deifr
Monday, June 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Well it turns out I had made an error, thanks to getting proper information from my grandmother. So I'm still researching Liverpool records (and Widnes). I am having difficulty finding the right records again.

Instead of making a new thread, I'll ask here. How would I find death records for somebody who died on a ship at Australia?