PDA

View Full Version : German Jamaican Community

german islander
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010, 06:05 PM
this is basic information on the community of the germans of jamaica but there are still un mixed white German Jamaicans and several of them still speak German, one fluently that i know of

Seaford Town
Westmoreland
Seaford Town Catholic Church
Seaford Town Villa, was once a convent

After the Abolition of Slavery (Aug. 1, 1834) many planters saw an impending shortage of labour. Consequently new measures were sought in an effort to solve this problem. One measure sought was the establishment of a European settlement by Lord Seaford, then owner of Montpelier Estate and Shettlewood Pen which were located in St. James. Over one thousand (1000) Germans were brought to Jamaica with the promise of being granted house, land, and employment.

The township was established on five hundred acres of land in the parish of Westmoreland. Although a number of Germans migrated to North America some remained in Jamaica. Though the use of the German language has died, a few words have remained.

Some buildings in Seaford Town have retained varying aspects of German architecture, and Catholicism has remained the dominant religion. Today, there are many members of the community with Caucasoid physical features and it is not uncommon to see a blond haired, blue eyed member of the community. There is a museum in the town displaying the history of the township.

Ĉmeric
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010, 08:31 PM
In a nation like Jamaica with a large majority non-Europid population, there is no place for Whites unless they are among the economic elite. A white middleclass or bluecollar class with not survive economically with a large cheap non-White labor available. Most attempts at settling Whites in the West Indies, as a working class, have failed, except in those few exceptions where the White made up most of the population. For example, St. Barts, Saba & some of the outlying islands of the Bahamas.

Dropkick
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Its a real shame Africans has taken over the Caribbean islands (by breeding). If they were White islands you could go there on vacation and enjoy the beauty of the place.

Méldmir
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Its a real shame Africans has taken over the Caribbean islands (by breeding). If they were White islands you could go there on vacation and enjoy the beauty of the place.

Exactly what I often think. It would be a paradise to spend ones vacation if it was white. Now one have to be extremely rich to go there and just be around whites. Funnily enough, whites have more "right" to the Caribbean than Africans, since it was whites who were there before them and whites that conqured t from the natives. Still, many dumb whites today think it rightfully belongs to Africans!

german islander
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010, 10:57 PM
In a nation like Jamaica with a large majority non-Europid population, there is no place for Whites unless they are among the economic elite. A white middleclass or bluecollar class with not survive economically with a large cheap non-White labor available. Most attempts at settling Whites in the West Indies, as a working class, have failed, except in those few exceptions where the White made up most of the population. For example, St. Barts, Saba & some of the outlying islands of the Bahamas.

yes this is genraly the case most whites are the economic elite in the west indies but the majority of German Jamaicans were and are poor and middle class these are the exceptions there are also still small enclavs of irish and scottish in barbados Jamaica and a few other anglo islands who are of poor class called red legs and bakras, they can be found in belize as well

i myself am middle class im not rich

st. barts is a very nice area from what im told i havent been there yet, but it is a white majority and grand cayman has a large amount of whites still

Exactly what I often think. It would be a paradise to spend ones vacation if it was white. Now one have to be extremely rich to go there and just be around whites. Funnily enough, whites have more "right" to the Caribbean than Africans, since it was whites who were there before them and whites that conqured t from the natives. Still, many dumb whites today think it rightfully belongs to Africans!

i think this arguement varies depending from island to island, and though i agree with you that whites and my anncestors have full rights to the islands from where we rein but blacks can make good arguments as well, in the case of Haiti they fought for there independence, in the end every island has a diffrent history

Ĉmeric
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 02:09 AM
@German Islander: Is miscegenation a problem with your people, or with Whites who live in Jamaica? Or is it still taboo?

german islander
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 02:19 AM
again this changes from island to island but in Jamaica its very common as it is in Haiti and other islands but it seems the former british islands have had the most, the numbers of whites are so low it becomes difficult for many whites to find a suitable mate that is of the same background, other times when immigrants come all the white females are taken, other people have assimilated so much they dont care but there still are taboos amgonst soceity as whole and remains a hot topic to some extent more so with the older generations some of the older generation is dead against it,

@German Islander: Is miscegenation a problem with your people, or with Whites who live in Jamaica? Or is it still taboo?