PDA

View Full Version : What You Wear To Bed Is Revealing

Sl
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I was forwarded today an article which seemed fun and interesting. Analyze your personality according to what you wear to bed.

There you go, the article:

Clothing can express a lot about your sense of self. From the conservative and neat to the funky and flashy, clothing can speak volumes about the way you feel and present yourself to the world on any given day, but when you’re at home and ready to go to bed things become a bit more personal.

Sure, what you wear to bed can vary based on where you are, the weather, whom you’re with and other factors, but most of us have our favorite way to make sleeping the most comfortable. This personal choice in how we like to slumber can reveal a lot about who we are during the waking hours.

So, what do you wear to bed?

For many people to answer to that question is nothing. That’s right, they like to sleep in the buff. After all, if you sleep in your birthday suit you never have to worry about any pesky clothing getting in the way of your slumber. You’re free to toss and turn all night without fear of waking up with a wedgie.

There are downfalls to this freeness however. Just imagine if you were sleeping in the buff and there was a fire or someone broke into your abode. Would you be able to leap out of bed totally nude and feel confident enough to take on these kind of crises? Those types of fears and concerns are enough to keep some people up at night, so they cover up.

The ones who chose to risk it all and sleep in only their blankets tend to be free spirited and not afraid of exposure (meant both literally and metaphorically). They tend to be confident and comfortable in many aspects of their lives that extend beyond being naked in bed.

Many men and women choose unisex sleepwear.

For those of you that like to wear something to bed, there are many different choices. From footsie jammies to silk negligées, men’s and women's sleepwear run the full gamut of personalities.

That’s right, they actually make footsie jammies in adult sizes! For some, they are a practical and warm favorite. Although you may picture a cute toddler running around in this classic bed time ensemble, there are plenty of people who are far removed from childhood sporting them at night.

What does wearing footsie jammies as an adult say about a person? It says that they are a child at heart and that they love to express their inner child without guilt or shame. They like to have fun, play games and are quick to laugh.

Then there are those who are not quite as whimsical. They prefer to sleep in the classic nighttime outfit, pajamas. When you picture sleepwear in your head, you’re likely to envision pajamas. They are usually sold as a two piece set with matching tops and bottoms. Pajamas are typically made of a comfy lightweight fabric and they can be long or short, cotton or flannel and are adaptable for any season.

Those who choose to wear this traditional attire tend to be conservative, conventional and practical. They are considerate of others and like to be appropriate at all times, in their appearance and they way that they lead their lives.

Then there are those who don’t really see the need for sleepwear, but don’t want to go to bed in the buff either. They like to sleep in their underwear. What does sleeping only in drawers say about a person? It can say that they have a tendency to be lazy. They prefer to take the easy way at all times, dislike making decisions and lead their lives in a happy go lucky fashion.

Women have many sleepwear choices.

From the classic pink women's pajamas to sexy lingerie, there is a huge and highly variable market of women’s bedtime clothing choices. Most women have their favorite bedtime staples.

Some women dawn the traditional nightgown or night dress when they retire to bed. Wearing this gramma-esque attire to slumber may indicate that that a person is somewhat plain and tends to choose comfort over beauty. They like to be at home and value safety and security above all else.

Many ladies love to buck the granny jammies and show off their sexy side in the bed. These women tend to wear baby dolls or negligees when they go to have some saucy slumber time.

Baby doll nighties are short slip-like dresses that are usually made of soft and sexy fabric such as silk or satin. Wearers of this attire tend to like to show off. They are confident, but can lean towards being childish and immature at times.

Men’s sleepwear choices tend not be as extravagant as the ladies.

Men's sleepwear is typically designed without much other than comfort in mind. While men can find Satin or silk pajamas to add a bit of flare to their sleepwear, they really don’t have the variety of choices that women do.

Men who choose wear exotic fabrics in the sack over the tradition cotton however, tend to be more in-tune with their sensual side. They are artistic and crave traveling to see the beauty of the world.

Many also consider men's bath robes a crucial part of their nighttime wear. Those who love to accessorize their bedclothes tend to be the protective type. They want to make sure that everyone is warm and happy. They like to love and tell stores and jokes.

While these personality types are not typical of all, looking into what someone wears to bed really can tell you much about them. After all, the choices we make in bed are often more telling than those we make in public.

Source: http://www.content4reprint.com/women-in-business/what-you-wear-to-bed-is-reveling.htm

Choose in the poll what you wear (it's anonymous if you're ashamed :P) and we can determine the predominant personality of the Skadi members. :D

Below are some visual examples, in case you don't know what a term means.

Nothing

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1845162_f260.jpg

Unisex sleepwear

http://www.northbreeze.com/Patterns/DiscontinuedButterickPatterns/images/Butterick5848-D.jpg

Footsie jammies

http://www.shannonlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/footie-jammies.jpg

Classic pajamas

http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/MediumLarge/14/_5850994.jpg

Underwear

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_273/1211973527uU4tyq.jpg

Traditional nightgown or night dress

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01522/Tartan_1522107i.jpg

Baby dolls or negligees

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/139/467139_purple-babydoll.jpg

(Bath) robe

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/57613482.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=8A33AE939F2E01FF7FE4EEC115D193AA27877A FE37D3E52DDABD9FD6934D9040E30A760B0D8112 97

Grey
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Nothing, though that description is completely wrong for me :D

Wulfric
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I usually wear underwear, and I'd like to think I'm not a complete lazy slacker as described in the article :D. I've always seen sleepwear as a more female thing for some reason.

SpearBrave
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I wear gym shorts in the Spring, Summer and Fall or long underware in the deep winter.

If any of you Skadi men answer " Baby dolls or negligees " you will get negative rep points.:D (just kidding)

Barreldriver
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I just wear me undies. :D

SwordOfTheVistula
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Underwear.

Mainly because I see the problems with sleeping in the nude, but always saw sleepwear as a girls' thing.

Sometimes if sleeping in a somewhat 'public' area (hostel, room with ppl I don't know well, etc) I will just wear my actual clothes to bed.

Siebenbrgerin
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I chose traditional nightgown or night dress and I think the description fits. I wear it because it's comfortable. A baby doll or negligee isn't as comfortable in my view. It's more to look sexy for the partner. :P

Matamoros
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Usually nothing, but sometimes underwear with a t-shirt when it is cold. :)

Bernhard
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 10:17 AM
If any of you Skadi men answer " Baby dolls or negligees " you will get negative rep points.:D (just kidding)

I would like to add the footsie jammies to that as well.:D

I hate to lie in bed with clothes on, so I prefer underwear.

velvet
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM

Holy sh*t, Teletubbies :-O :rofl

Okay, serious, the answer is "nothing". Never. Not even with -20. When it gets cold, I have a second blanket. Well, exception is when I sleep elsewhere, then I usually keep on my underpants and a shirt (which mostly vanishes somewhen in the night then nonetheless).

I've honestly never thought about a possible fire or someone breaking into my place. When you have thoughts like this hunting you... well, guess you'll never sleep relaxed then, with or without clothes :P

OneWolf
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I always sleep in my birthday suite.Somtimes I will sleep in my boxers but
only if company is over.:thumbup

Hersir
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I sleep in boxers.

SaxonPagan
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Roughly speaking ...

October -> April: Nothing.
April -> October: A tee-shirt.

Thusnelda
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 08:06 PM
A mix of "Traditional nightgown or night dress" and pjyamas.

Its comfortable and not too cold. :D Something like that:

http://www.diedaune.de/frooglepics/192001/sandy/%7CVP_40607_Desire.jpg

In hot summer nights I wear only underwar, of course.

Witta
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I have always wore dungarees to bed, I don't know why it's a habit I suppose.

http://workwearoriginals.com/images/categories/_MG_2144.jpg

SaxonPagan
Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Fortress, please tell me that isn't you on the photo! :-O

Witta
Friday, April 9th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Fortress, please tell me that isn't you on the photo! :-O

Oh yeah I didn't notice. No it isn't me. :D

Alqua
Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Just underwear, it's much more comfortable. I wouldn't say I'm lazy though.

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Depends on what I have been doing that day or/and the mood I am in. :D
Cosy is g-string or nude..There are times with leotards, pantyhose, suspender stockings, leather corsets...then I wake up in the morning and can't believe how uncomfortable I must have been....hehe

Lothar
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I much prefer no clothes at all, unfortunately I like to sleep with my arms out of the blankets so for a few months of the year I wear a long sleeve shirt to maximize my sleep but I hate the binding feeling.
most clothes are very flammable, so unless they are wet will offer less protection in a fire. a blanket you can easily throw off would be safer.
clothes offer little protection in a fight with an intruder, so you have to ask yourself what would be more intimidating being attacked by a naked man or a clothed one?

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Mistress Klaus, Thusnelda and Fortress have both provided photos and I was just wondering ..... ;)

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Mistress Klaus, Thusnelda and Fortress have both provided photos and I was just wondering ..... ;)

:-O:D You are very naughty!!! Don't tempt me. I have got in some strife before for posting 'interesting' pictures...hehe. ;)

Forest_Dweller
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I sleep in regular pajamas in the winter, mainly because for some reason I have to have most of my body covered to get to sleep. Sleep in my boxers or pajama shorts during summer. I'd say I prefer changing into something looser before I go to bed. 1. Because its more comfortable 2. Because I don't like sleeping in something I've been wearing all day and 3. It gives my undercarage some chance to breath:D

GroeneWolf
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I wear a martial arts training pants while sleeping. So I can do some stretching exercises in the early morning.

Hrodnand
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Nothing or boxers and that's for the whole year.

SaxonCeorl
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I don't know how some of you fellas sleep naked. I like to keep myself safe and 'contained', you know? :D So I usually have underwear, then shorts and a t-shirt. I'm always freezing to the point of uncontrolled shivering when I wake up, even in the summer.

feisty goddess
Wednesday, April 21st, 2010, 02:46 AM
I wear a nightgown but that footy pajama family really cracked me up. It reminded me of the Christmas when I was like twelve or thirteen and I got footy pajamas for and was horrified. My parents were having issues about me growing up lol.

baroqueorgan
Monday, April 26th, 2010, 09:39 AM
LOL - I am a terrible person in everyone's eyes, I'm sure, but I actually just sleep in day clothes a lot of the time. I sometimes will switch out collared shirts for tshirts and long pants for shorts if it's hot, but that's about the extent of it.. :P

I mean, I don't go to bed in business casual or anything, but by the time evening rolls around I'm more often than not fine with just stripping down to an undershirt and leaving the pants be, and conking out.

starprincess
Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 04:48 AM
I like to wear comfortable stuff to bed :) t-shirt and shorts for me! hahaha

however, there is the occasion where i will wear something extra special for my husband! LOL he always tells me "I do not see why you wanna spend money on pretty panties and lingerie, when you know the second I see you in them, I'm gonna wanna take it off of you!" I guess he has a point... but still, to us girls, its the fun of dressing up for your partner, makes you feel extra sexy! ;)

Svartljos
Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 05:34 AM
LOL - I am a terrible person in everyone's eyes, I'm sure, but I actually just sleep in day clothes a lot of the time. I sometimes will switch out collared shirts for tshirts and long pants for shorts if it's hot, but that's about the extent of it.. :P

I mean, I don't go to bed in business casual or anything, but by the time evening rolls around I'm more often than not fine with just stripping down to an undershirt and leaving the pants be, and conking out.

Yeah, me too. Though sometimes I wear pyjama bottom style trousers, but often just shorts and a t-shirt or something like that. I guess I vary all the time.

frippardthree
Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Pajama bottoms and a tee shirt

Angela
Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I sleep in a traditional nightgown or a long T-shirt.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, September 5th, 2010, 05:11 AM
t-shirt and boxers, occasionally pajama bottoms and a t-shirt.

Dirigible
Wednesday, September 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Classic pajamas, myself. I was quite amused to see that the personality description is fitting.

Nixe
Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Why is a T-shirt not an option? I wear a T or a cami depending on the weather and yoga pants or just underwear if I am being lazy.

Arditi
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 01:38 AM
I wear classical log pyjamas, and yep, the personality indication is true^^

Thorolf
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 03:00 AM
If i'm at home i go with nothing, if somewhere else its boxers and t shirt, unless its a place with people i dont know well or something, then its everything i brought with me stays on me. I'm paranoid though so i always keep a pair of shorts next to me in case a fire or someone breaks in that way i got what i need. I figure if someone breaks in i sleep with a shotgun so they wont see much for long and then i can put the shorts on when the cops come to retrieve the body.

Wittmann
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I wear a robe to bed. It'd large, fluffy, warm, and looks like an SS Winter Coat (which is half the reason I wear it). I use it as a blanket at night, and I always am comfortable. I wear it around the house aswell, with my pajama pants underneath, and socks. I don't like any of my skin against the air at any time, so I am happy in my robe.

Fyrgenholt
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
T-shirt and boxers, just a t-shirt, just boxers or nothing. If it's cold I'll grab an extra duvet and if it's hot I'll just lie there in the open air like some deranged monster.

Witta
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Clothes get twisted when you are in bed, I haven't wore clothes in bed for decades.

Oh dear oh dear. He must be middle class.

Tannhauser
Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Interesting article. Most of the time I sleep in the nude or once in a while (when my fiance and I have overnight guests) I wear a "wifebeater and sleep pants.

Caledonian
Saturday, September 18th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Underwear.

Mainly because I see the problems with sleeping in the nude, but always saw sleepwear as a girls' thing.

Sometimes if sleeping in a somewhat 'public' area (hostel, room with ppl I don't know well, etc) I will just wear my actual clothes to bed.

Preferably with a woman nearby I have no issues sleeping nude myself. :P

vicorix
Wednesday, May 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM
mostly nothing at all i'm in my house so i don't really care and if someone breaks in they are in for a rude awakening by me not just because i'm nude. i will where boxers maybe if i have company but as i see it they are not coming in my room anyway. as for a fire i'll walk outside the way i am. i live out in the country anyway so know one will really see and i always keep spare clothes in my truck.

twiggie
Thursday, May 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I go to bed in the buff, unless it's winter then I'll wear a pair of light pants or boxers. As to the fire or home invader, I'm not really worried about that. If there's someone in the house that isn't supposed to be there, they'll find an angry naked man with a large gun pointed in their general direction. If that's not enough to scare them off then the spray of bullets should be. If there's a fire I'd be more concerned about getting out alive and much less concerned about being nude or not.

Sigurd
Friday, May 11th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Interesting to see how different people can handle something so basic and banal-seeming in such different ways. :D

I will usually wear boxers and often a t-shirt, whether the latter is part of the suit depends on the mood, company and season I find myself in. I have also been known to wear short-sleeved pajamas, though I strongly prefer the boxers/t-shirt version these days.

Since I'm a person who prefers his shower in the mornings, I find that especially in summer time the short-sleeve pajamas can get a little sweaty and stale, and I dislike wearing anything other than my trousers more than once or at most twice; in this case, recycling what I've been wearing during the day seems optimal.

Sometimes if I come home really tired after a long day I'll also just fall asleep in full clothing, this can be complete with jacket and boots, though. Unintentionally. :D

Slivers
Friday, May 11th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Whatever I wore that day, minus the shoes.

Balders gate
Friday, May 11th, 2012, 01:51 AM
The first thing I do before retiring to bed is to take a shower. I cannot sleep well at all without a shower or bath. If it was a hot day then I will take a cold shower to cool off. I will then put on my scottish tartan styled bath robe that I have. I love that bathrobe.:thumbup

I wear to bed scottish tartan styled pajama bottoms but I don't wear the top as I go shirtless. If it is a little warm then I will roll up the leg bottoms a little bit to expose a little leg to cool down. I also have my special blanket which is usually a warm one to soothe myself to sleep. If it's downright hot during the summer then I will wear absolutely nothing and use a light sheet to cover up a little bit. Why I wear Scottish styled tartan bathrobe and pajamas is because I got them as gifts. :D