PDA

View Full Version : Iceland's Immigration and Prejudices

Linnealantz
Friday, March 26th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hi!

My name is Linnea Lantz and I live in Lulea, Sweden. I'm doing a schoolproject about Iceland's immigration and prejudices and it would be great if you guys could help me and answer some questions!

What are the general thoughts about immigrants in the Icelandic society?
What are the general thoughts about refugees in the Icelandic society?
Are there any prejudices? In any parties?
What do you think is the biggest problem about Iceland's immigration politics?

Thank you!

Best regards
Linnea Lantz

Thorfinnsson
Friday, March 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Hur kommer det sig att Du studerar Isländsk invandring upp i Lapp-helvetet? Välkommen till Skadi i all fall, Fröken Lantz. Min kusin och hans familj är bosatt i Luleå.

Was your project to study the attitudes of nationalists in Iceland on immigration? If not be forewarned that nearly everyone on this forum, including the Icelanders, is very strongly opposed to immigration. Most everyone here has what you likely describe in English as prejudices.

Linnealantz
Friday, March 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
My project is about Iceland's immigration. I have asked official organisations about details in the Icelandic immigration politics and now I want to know how the society's attitude to this is, and I think this is a good place to ask around.

celticmonk
Monday, May 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
The word prejudice means to "prejudge". To judge without evidence, or before looking into a situation.

This word is often used in a politically correct statement to "assume" that anyone who is against handing their country over to foreigners is automatically "prejudice".

Yet if you actually study the situation the opposite is true. When you study what actually happens it is foolish for a nation of an ethnic people to allow other ethnic peoples into their nation.

Look at the evidence - Europeans into America drove out the inhabitants from their land (now the reverse is happening), the Jews in Palestine drove out the inhabitants and are persecuting them. There are dozens of examples of this.

To get at the "Truth" you must first start with the truth. And the truth is that what is often considered prejudice is not prejudice at all. It is intelligent thinking, rather than accepting the brainwashing.

Wanting to keep you own Country for yourself and your children is not prejudice (not pre....judging). It is being thoughtful of your future generations.