PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Glock Mag Question

Horseman
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010, 11:30 PM
I have two glock 19's and several factory 15 round mags, however I've recently been looking at some aftermarket 32 round mags. I'm not certain what company makes these and was wondering if they feed as reliably and are as rugged as a factory glock mag. If its not too good to be true this could be a very fun accessory :D

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Zimobog
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I don't own a Glock, but aftermarket is never as good as original it seems. Have you tried searching the net for reviews of the product?

OneWolf
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Here you go.

http://www.topglock.com/category/1676-glock_high_cap_magazines.aspx

Horseman
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Factory hi-caps with one more round than the after market mags, no less! Thank you,sir! :thumbup

Winter Wolf
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Sometimes you can find aftermarket magazines for weapons, but it's all too often a crapshoot when it comes to quality. I recommend that you steer away from the fancy see through plastic or polymer. They may be ok for practice on the range, but if you ever have to drop one you will probably be better off replacing it. When it comes to handguns I stick with factory. With my AK I will use whatever eastern European metal mags I can get a deal on.

Horseman
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I too mistrust aftermarket parts and mags, I like to play it safe and avoid wasting money when possible. The only aftermarket mags I've ever bought were thermold mags for an AR I owned once upon a time, I cant speak for anyone else but they worked fine for me.

I'm not really as big on firearms as I used to be, I sold off most of them keeping only five or so that I am comfortable with and shoot well. All the money I once wasted buying guns I now use for practice ammo:)