PDA

View Full Version : Do Dinarics Look Sinister?

aftermundo
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 06:31 PM
I was browsing on the internet and I found a few individuals that look dinaric in my opinion :

http://www.munster-express.ie/images/roy%20keane.jpg
Roy Keane, heritage : irish

http://www.chelseathailand.com/images/lampard.jpg
Frank Lampard, heritage : english

http://www.omroep.nl/nps/dunyaendesie/gfx/gallery/Eva_desktop.jpg
Eva van de Wijdeven, heritage : dutch

When I think of dinarics I think of a sinister look. All these 3 individuals have that sinister look.

Am I right by saying dinarics look sinister?

By the way : I dont mean sinister in a negative way. Actually I think dinarics are generally a goodlooking people.

Marius
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Why do you find them so "sinister"?

Strange opinion.

Anyway, "de gustibus non discutandum", our common Latin ancestors said.

But, I agree, that some Dinarics do not look so fine, but your examples prove me wrong, in this case.

aftermundo
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Why do you find them so "sinister"?

Strange opinion.Because they laugh so mean. The people at the 3 pictures all have the same characteristic laugh.

Marius
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 10:17 PM
It's strange what you said or you must have seen too many horror movies. I cannot see what you mean... :)

Gareth
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 10:39 PM
The mildest Dinarics are found in Italy, the meanest in Friesland. :D

See my grandfather for such type.

Marius
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I've been told I have some Dinarid admixture. Well, most of the Dinarics I met were persons difficult to talk with, not all, there are many who are not so.

But, do I look so sinister? Nobody told me that before.

Marius

aftermundo
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Marius, your pigmentation looks Mediterrenean (your hair is very dark, typical for Southern-Europe). On the other hand your headform is typical Alpine. I would say youre alpine-med mix. I dont see any dinaric on that pic but perhaps its not visible because you wear glasses.

Awar
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 12:14 AM
I'm sure this will disappoint some people here, but:

Gareth's Grandpa is quite Nordid IMO.
Marius looks predominantly Dinaric.

Newgrange
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 01:40 AM
When I think of dinarics I think of a sinister look. All these 3 individuals have that sinister look.

you mean like this guy?
Bela Lugosi
Born Be'la Ferenc Dezso Blasko on October 20, 1882, Lugos, Hungary

Fred
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Lampard and Keane are dinarics? I don't think so.
Keane seems Brunn-Atlantid, Lampard is North Atlantid perhaps.

I think the sinister look comes from the Northern Mediteranean element, especially in Northern europe, the contrast between the light skin and the dark, thick eyebrows appears harsh.

Awar
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Keane really does resemble quite a few Dinaric people I know, especially Montenegrins.
Lampard doesn't look Dinaric.

rusalka
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I think the sinister look comes from the Northern Mediteranean element, especially in Northern europe, the contrast between the light skin and the dark, thick eyebrows appears harsh.
Northern Mediterrenean element is usually Pontic. I wonder if that would make me sinister. :devil

aftermundo
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 02:06 AM
I saw your pics in another thread, Rusalka. The first impression I got was Bosnian. Are you Bosnian?

rusalka
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 02:14 AM
I saw your pics in another thread, Rusalka. The first impression I got was Bosnian. Are you Bosnian?
Close, but no cigar. ;)

Yugoslav-Bulgarian-Circassian. In descending order.

Marius
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Marius, your pigmentation looks Mediterrenean (your hair is very dark, typical for Southern-Europe). On the other hand your headform is typical Alpine. I would say youre alpine-med mix. I dont see any dinaric on that pic but perhaps its not visible because you wear glasses.

The skin was burned by the sun all over some days of see trips... :)

The hair is brown, more like dark brown.

Ossetian
Saturday, June 19th, 2004, 11:53 PM

you look like a Ukrainian guy I know, I would say you are pontic

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:31 AM

All I see is a very tall, heavy-build Cromagnoid; in Walachia, during the 16th century AD a similar type as yours but with beaky nose and flattened occiput(Borreby?) re-emerged after centuries of absence, the last time dating from the Bronze Age.

Triglav
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:47 AM
All I see is a very tall, heavy-build Cromagnoid; in Walachia, during the 16th century AD a similar type as yours but with beaky nose and flattened occiput(Borreby?) re-emerged after centuries of absence, the last time dating from the Bronze Age.

This leads to the really interesting question: what caused that reŽmergence?

Marius
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:52 AM
you look like a Ukrainian guy I know, I would say you are pontic

Pontid? I think you're not even close, I have no such admixture. I think.

Marius
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:53 AM

Really? Please continue, if you know more, I had completely no idea. It sounds very interesting.
Thank you.

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 01:01 AM

To keep short and arcane for this moment, brachycephaly in Cromagnoids is induced by a change of the angle of basion, causing the rotation of the occipital plane.
It explains the mechanics, but which impetus leads up to a rounder skull is unsolved.

Euclides
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 06:06 AM

Selection, genetic drift , Bottleneck effect...

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 07:37 AM
I don't consider all the people you listed to be Dinaric.

Dinaric traits, which are similar to Armenoid ones, and other Asiatics, do look more sinister I think. When one thinks of an evil villain or a devil, the long, sharp, hooked nose definitely looks more sinister than an upturned snub nose. And other traits like the beady eyes, the facial and nasal prominence, and the "semitic smile" add to the look. Ariel Sharon looks like a gluttonous fiend, and is.

Marius
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:13 PM
So I look like an Asian, this is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard all of my life. Thanks, Nordhammer. ;)

Awar
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:22 PM
So I look like an Asian, this is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard all of my life. Thanks, Nordhammer. ;)

Dinarics were mentioned as Asiatics in old, now outdated anthropology works.

Marius
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Dinarics were mentioned as Asiatics in old, now outdated anthropology works.

And this answers to my question should I understand? Well, if it is so and conforming to those works, I look Asian, than they are deeply wrong. I am no Expert in the area, but I surely know how an Asian looks. And nobody told me that before, this is just a thing to offend me because I'm Romanian, isn't it? And we should offend Romanians by any means, isn't it? And Alpines too, because I think I have an Alpine overall structure, and it's not only me believing this.

So, the only pure Europeans are Nordids? This makes me laugh. If they are indo-europeans, they are as Asians as other Europeans are, their current look is the proof of adapting the environment where they live.

Well ok, let's play the game, I'm Chinese or Lebanese, if you like it that way.

Awar
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:49 PM
And this answers to my question should I understand? Well, if it is so and conforming to those works, I look Asian, than they are deeply wrong. I am no Expert in the area, but I surely know how an Asian looks. And nobody told me that before, this is just a thing to offend me because I'm Romanian, isn't it? And we should offend Romanians by any means, isn't it? And Alpines too, because I think I have an Alpine overall structure, and it's not only me believing this.

So, the only pure Europeans are Nordids? This makes me laugh. If they are indo-europeans, they are as Asians as other Europeans are, their current look is the proof of adapting the environment where they live.

Well ok, let's play the game, I'm Chinese or Lebanese, if you like it that way.

:suspect What are you talking about? Nobody mentioned Mongoloids ( I hope ), it's just that many people still go by old and outdated anthropology works that mention Dinarics as "Hither Asiatics", there are also some anthropoogists that mention Alpine and Borreby types as "Armenoidal".

Some even say that Nordics came from the north pole.... :lol

If someone chooses to believe some science and pseudo-science from 1930. over science from 2004. that's their mistake.

Marius
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 12:54 PM
:suspect What are you talking about? Nobody mentioned Mongoloids ( I hope ), it's just that many people still go by old and outdated anthropology works that mention Dinarics as "Hither Asiatics", there are also some anthropoogists that mention Alpine and Borreby types as "Armenoidal".

Some even say that Nordics came from the north pole.... :lol

If someone chooses to believe some science and pseudo-science from 1930. over science from 2004. that's their mistake.

Ok, sorry, it was also a joke, I will put the necessary sign the next time. :)
The Nordids coming from the North Pole? :alcohol
This is strange. The ones living near the North Pole look rather Mongoloid. I am speaking about the eskimos. Who wrote such works?

Awar
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 01:07 PM
I don't remember... but I remember this one:

Hermann Gauch

NEW FOUNDATIONS OF RACIAL SCIENCE

The following excerpts are from Hermann Gauch's New Foundations of Racial Science (1934):

The features of the Nordic [Aryan] race express noble and culture-carrying qualities, while non-Nordic features are more likely to express unmanliness and barbarous feelings.

Even the Nordic woman is much more courageous, resolute and steadfast than the non-Nordic man.

Cowardliness and courage are therefore not differences typical of men and women, hut they are like all other psychological qualities, purely differences of Nordic and non-Nordic races.

The Nordic does not speak much. . . The people of other races talk a lot, and what they say is superficial, devoid of judgment, and untrue.

The Nordic chews his food with the mouth closed, by a grinding movement of the jaws, whereas other races tend to chew with a smacking noise like animals, owing to the pressing movement of the jaws and the repeated opening of the mouth.

The usual form of the Nordic mouth. . . is a friendly and happy smile.

The lips of Nordics are most expressive and look enticing and kissable. The trunks of all other races are more or less bent forward.

Only the Nordic race walks and stands fully upright.

The crouching bodily bearing of the non-Nordic indicates lying-in-wait, perfidiousness and cunning attack.

The head of the Nordic great man expresses the "great mind."

The swelled chest of the Nordic expresses his courageous and high-spirited love of freedom.

The walk of the non-Nordic is cow-like. The non-Nordic waddles along and swings from one side to the other like a duck.

To "talk with hands and feet" is typical of the non-Nordic, whereas the Nordic stands quiet when speaking. He may even put his hands into his pockets . . .

The physical forms of the Nordic women are special beauty, while with other races this is not the case. There the male is more beautiful, as in the animal world . . .

The white of the eye is pure white in the Nordic race only; that of the non-Nordic is blurred.

The Nordic possesses a feeling for internal and external cleanliness, while the non-Nordic always lives in dirt when he is among his own people. Many of the animals even stand high above him so far as cleanliness is concerned.

The mixture of races . . . causes and promotes diseases. It is a breach of the laws oi order in the universe, a crime against the future generation, manslaughter and murder.

We come to the conclusion that all the better-developed characteristics are typical of the Nordic body and the Nordic soul. Non-Nordics are more or less equal to the animals or they form a . . . link to them. The non-Nordic thus occupies an intermediate position between the Nordic and the animal and ranks next to the man-apes. He is therefore not a hundred per cent human being. . . . He might be compared with the Neanderthal man, but better and more accurate is the description:

"sub-man...

The Nordic and the non-Nordic races have not a single characteristic in common. We are not justified, therefore, in speaking of a human race. As a matter of fact there are actually some animals that have Nordic characteristics, such as the faithfulness of the dog, which is lacking in the non-Nordic.

The clear enunciation of sounds is found as a rule only with the Nordic race. The strongly non-Nordic peoples and individuals have a less clear pronunciation. The various sounds flow into each other and tend to resemble the sounds of animals, such as barking, snoring, sniffling, and squealing. .

Nordic man is therefore the creator of all culture and civilization. The salvation and preservation of the Nordic man alone will save and preserve culture and civilization. Lasting success can, of course, be achieved only through the unification of the whole Nordic humanity of the Germanic countries and a number of other strongly Nordic areas.
--------------------------------------------

This statement takes the cake:
"That birds can be taught to talk better than other animals is explained by the fact that their mouths are Nordic in structure...."
~ Professor Hermann Gauch, MD, 1933

:rotfl

Marius
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Hm... Ok, why not?

Well, what the guy is presenting there is the physical and education traits of any educated person or civilised one. But I know Nordids which are not so, as well as I know other persons from other subraces which conform exactly to the description.

Taking into account the majority, it may perhaps be true, that if you go to the South and to the East in the world, the lower is the number of educated and civilised people. But this is imo due to the climateric conditions they lived in. As someone goes to the South, the climate becomes warmer and warmer, not forcing the people living there to work very much in order to insure their existance. I think this is the only difference. So they are becoming more lazy and the consequences are known.

Dienekes_Pontikos
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 02:25 PM
"That birds can be taught to talk better than other animals is explained by the fact that their mouths are Nordic in structure...."

:rotfl

Man, that was the funniest ever :)

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 03:16 PM

Your profile says you're Alpinid. Are you Dinaric instead?

I said similar, not the same. They are often viewed as a sister race of the Armenoid. However, the European Dinaric is often very diluted and doesn't show the extreme features of Asiatics.

Awar
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Is there some proof of genetic relation between Asiatic Armenoids and European Dinarics.
Everything I saw points to Dinarics being an indigenous population of the Balkans coinciding with haplogroup I.

Marius
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Your profile says you're Alpinid. Are you Dinaric instead?

I said similar, not the same. They are often viewed as a sister race of the Armenoid. However, the European Dinaric is often very diluted and doesn't show the extreme features of Asiatics.

Well, I let you decide what you think. Please look a bit over the photos I provided with myself, on this thread and have an opinion. The total majority of the opinions over myself, were that I was an Alpine with some slight Dinarid admixture.

Marius

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Is there some proof of genetic relation between Asiatic Armenoids and European Dinarics.
Everything I saw points to Dinarics being an indigenous population of the Balkans coinciding with haplogroup I.

The Dinaroid Bell Beaker type as described by Riquet falls apart in two subtypes, Borreby and the Noric; the latter has a slightly longer face, but in general it's large and in comparison to Danubians and Corded shorter and distinctive by lower upper facial indices, two markers which give sustenance to the theory that European Dinarids differ from their West Asian counterparts due to seperate origins.

Mac Seafraidh
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I was browsing on the internet and I found a few individuals that look dinaric in my opinion :

http://www.omroep.nl/nps/dunyaendesie/gfx/gallery/Eva_desktop.jpg
Eva van de Wijdeven, heritage : dutch

By the way : I dont mean sinister in a negative way. Actually I think dinarics are generally a goodlooking people.
Sinster - as in the term left or left hand in Latin? The Nederlanderin looks pretty hot.

Scoob
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 03:22 PM
The Nordic does not speak much. . . The people of other races talk a lot, and what they say is superficial, devoid of judgment, and untrue.
Hmm... isn't "not speaking much" the literal definition of "dumb"?

Awar
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
Hehe... depends on what one considers to be a 'positive trait'.
If the author thought that speaking a lot or non-verbal communication is positive, he'd mention that as something nordics posess.

From personal experience, people who say nothing usually have nothing to say.
We had a quiet, older looking guy in high school, everyone thought he's always silent because he's wise and cool :D Only after he once started talking did we realize he was just dumb :) all that time :D

Rollon
Thursday, February 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
Hermann Gauch

NEW FOUNDATIONS OF RACIAL SCIENCE

The following excerpts are from Hermann Gauch's New Foundations of Racial Science (1934):

The features of the Nordic [Aryan] race express noble and culture-carrying qualities, while non-Nordic features are more likely to express unmanliness and barbarous feelings.

Even the Nordic woman is much more courageous, resolute and steadfast than the non-Nordic man.

Cowardliness and courage are therefore not differences typical of men and women, hut they are like all other psychological qualities, purely differences of Nordic and non-Nordic races.

The Nordic chews his food with the mouth closed, by a grinding movement of the jaws, whereas other races tend to chew with a smacking noise like animals, owing to the pressing movement of the jaws and the repeated opening of the mouth.

The usual form of the Nordic mouth. . . is a friendly and happy smile.

The lips of Nordics are most expressive and look enticing and kissable. The trunks of all other races are more or less bent forward.

Only the Nordic race walks and stands fully upright.

The crouching bodily bearing of the non-Nordic indicates lying-in-wait, perfidiousness and cunning attack.

The head of the Nordic great man expresses the "great mind."

The swelled chest of the Nordic expresses his courageous and high-spirited love of freedom.

The walk of the non-Nordic is cow-like. The non-Nordic waddles along and swings from one side to the other like a duck.

To "talk with hands and feet" is typical of the non-Nordic, whereas the Nordic stands quiet when speaking. He may even put his hands into his pockets . . .

The physical forms of the Nordic women are special beauty, while with other races this is not the case. There the male is more beautiful, as in the animal world . . .

The white of the eye is pure white in the Nordic race only; that of the non-Nordic is blurred.

The Nordic possesses a feeling for internal and external cleanliness, while the non-Nordic always lives in dirt when he is among his own people. Many of the animals even stand high above him so far as cleanliness is concerned.

The mixture of races . . . causes and promotes diseases. It is a breach of the laws oi order in the universe, a crime against the future generation, manslaughter and murder.

We come to the conclusion that all the better-developed characteristics are typical of the Nordic body and the Nordic soul. Non-Nordics are more or less equal to the animals or they form a . . . link to them. The non-Nordic thus occupies an intermediate position between the Nordic and the animal and ranks next to the man-apes. He is therefore not a hundred per cent human being. . . . He might be compared with the Neanderthal man, but better and more accurate is the description:

"sub-man...

The Nordic and the non-Nordic races have not a single characteristic in common. We are not justified, therefore, in speaking of a human race. As a matter of fact there are actually some animals that have Nordic characteristics, such as the faithfulness of the dog, which is lacking in the non-Nordic.

The clear enunciation of sounds is found as a rule only with the Nordic race. The strongly non-Nordic peoples and individuals have a less clear pronunciation. The various sounds flow into each other and tend to resemble the sounds of animals, such as barking, snoring, sniffling, and squealing. .

Nordic man is therefore the creator of all culture and civilization. The salvation and preservation of the Nordic man alone will save and preserve culture and civilization. Lasting success can, of course, be achieved only through the unification of the whole Nordic humanity of the Germanic countries and a number of other strongly Nordic areas.
--------------------------------------------

:rotflI'd like to have the full excerpt about birds' mouth. I guess that Gauch is establishing here an homology between parrots' mouth and human's mouth ; for some reason I don't know, both may have homologous structures worth noting.