PDA

View Full Version : Skadi in German

SaxonPagan
Saturday, January 30th, 2010, 12:26 AM
What have I done?? :-O

I must have pressed the wrong button at some point because everything on the board (apart from the actual posts) is now written in German. It's not a disaster because my reading is generally okay but it's still a bit disconcerting, so how can I return it to "English" mode?

Anlef
Saturday, January 30th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Click on Kontrollzentrum in your top left. Then in the menu on the left, click on Einstellungen šndern. Then scroll down to the end. Where it says Deutsch, change it to English. Conclude by clicking on ńnderungen speichern below it. After that, take a beer and sit back.

SaxonPagan
Saturday, January 30th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks, Anlef!

Yes, I've got it now :)

Thusnelda
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 12:25 PM
What have I done?? :-O

I must have pressed the wrong button at some point because everything on the board (apart from the actual posts) is now written in German.
You are forced to learn the best language in the world. Cope with it like a man! :P ;)

SaxonPagan
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 01:10 PM
Well in fact I decided to do just this, Thusnelda ;)

Itís reassuring to have the English option but in the end I left it in German AND I even made 2 posts in German later that evening!

velvet
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 01:25 PM
Itís reassuring to have the English option but in the end I left it in German AND I even made 2 posts in German later that evening!

Your German is pretty good :thumbup

I've wondered about whether you speak German when I saw you've thanked me on a German post I made some days ago, hehe. Cool!

Sigurd
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 05:11 PM
Yes, Thusnelda is right. Every Germanic should be capable of speaking German, the most superior of all Germanic languages. Whoever doesn't, is unworthy, this is why we have undertaken the drastic step to force-set it to German for all English speakers, you know? :wsg

It’s reassuring to have the English option but in the end I left it in German AND I even made 2 posts in German later that evening!

Don't worry, using the English setting (I find much of the German version to be rather clumsily translated), some points are displayed in Norwegian. Perhaps that has to do with me being into BM, though? :P

SaxonPagan
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 07:00 PM
Your German is pretty good. I've wondered about whether you speak German when I saw you've thanked me on a German post I made some days ago, hehe. Cool!

Thanks, Velvet! I used to have a German girlfriend in about 1985 and I learnt a lot of German that way, but nowadays I have to listen to the Deutsche Welle (which is far less fun) :(

What you say though has given me the idea of going round all the other language sections thanking people, and before long I'll be considered a genius ;)

Perhaps that has to do with me being into BM, though?

What's that, Sigurd? Not Bondage and Masochism, is it??

Ensomheten
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 07:10 PM
What's that, Sigurd? Not Bondage and Masochism, is it??

I would guess Norwegian black metal, best in the world they say. Personally I prefer Grieg.

Btw. Could I get Skandi in Old Norse? It would help in my studies. :D

Huginn ok Muninn
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 07:29 PM
nowadays I have to listen to the Deutsche Welle (which is far less fun) :(

I went there, and here is what I found:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,,2547,00.html

:thumbdown

I really don't want to think about why these apes are learning German. :mad

SaxonPagan
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm not quite sure what you tapped into there, Huginn :lol but here's a link that may be of use if you want to brush up your German ...

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,,9540,00.html

And here's an even better link with about 50 different stations to choose from ...

http://multilingualbooks.com/online-radio-german.html

Huginn ok Muninn
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 08:38 PM
And something more fun..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D-MOTOR-Ep-40-english_193857.htm

:D

Sigurd
Sunday, January 31st, 2010, 09:10 PM
I would guess Norwegian black metal, best in the world they say. Personally I prefer Grieg.

Personally I prefer German BM, but perhaps the vBulletin makers didn't know that? ;)