PDA

View Full Version : Any Prussians Here?

Ralf
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi all, My Fathers side of the family is Prussian, apart from said family, I have yet to here of any other Prussian decendants left alive in the world, at work in England, where many hundreds of Germans pass by me, not one has recognised the Prusiian flag tie pin I wear.
Was therefore wondering if the Zionists successfully exterminated all traces of this once great country, or are there any other decendants here?

BurgMeister
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Aww gosh, you're from Croydon...;D

Ralf
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Aww gosh, you're from Croydon...;D

Thankfully dont have to admit as such, but I do have to live there, at the extreme southern border where trees and things are still permitted to grow, East London is where Iam "from", not for long though, you wont find many Londons in London any more.
Ethnically, on my Mothers side, Iam from nearer your neck of the woods, comming from probably the most celebrated family of Rievers from Northumberland.

BurgMeister
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, 10:17 PM
I lived in Mitcham for a short while, it's just a mess nowadays.

Ralf
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, 10:41 PM
I lived in Mitcham for a short while, it's just a mess nowadays.

So did I from 1968 until I joined the Navy in 75
When to Sherwood primary, Pollards Hill Middle and High schools, thats why with an IQ of 126 I still come across as a retard.

BurgMeister
Sunday, January 24th, 2010, 11:31 AM
thats why with an IQ of 126 I still come across as a retard.

Hmm, my mother had an IQ of over 140 when she was young, she ended up with the commies:
too bad, it's such a waste :thumbdown

Aragorn
Sunday, February 28th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Hi all, My Fathers side of the family is Prussian, apart from said family, I have yet to here of any other Prussian decendants left alive in the world, at work in England, where many hundreds of Germans pass by me, not one has recognised the Prusiian flag tie pin I wear.
Was therefore wondering if the Zionists successfully exterminated all traces of this once great country, or are there any other decendants here?

Yup, here is one :) partly

Where from Prussia does your ancestors hail?

Hauke Haien
Sunday, February 28th, 2010, 07:42 PM
The Deprussianisation of Germany also affected the Prussian people and they either became FRG-Germans or GDR-Germans, or reverted to their provincial identity if their province still existed. Among the latter, the Brandenburgian part of Brandenburg-Prussia has probably the strongest claim to our inheritance.

When someone joined the army, it was common to say that one is joining the Prussians, since the truest Prussians were always the Prussian Army. Similar to a Germanic fellowship, with the king as their leader, they owned and controlled a corresponding territory instead of the other way around.

Prussia is therefore unthinkable without Prussian militarism, and the values designed to realise our potential to such a surprising strength.

Ralf
Monday, March 1st, 2010, 11:29 PM
Yup, here is one :) partly

Where from Prussia does your ancestors hail?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/Nambocttr/scan.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/Nambocttr/scan0001.jpg

Grandfathers from Rawitsch East Prussia, and Grandmothers from Grandenz West Prussia.

What about yourself and when and why did your family have to leave?

GreenHeart
Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010, 07:03 AM
My great grandmother was from Neustettin, Prussia. Another of my great grandmothers came from Silesia. Both places belong to Poland now, but they should not. :thumbdown

theTasmanian
Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010, 01:05 PM
My Fathers side are all "Prussians"(and "northern Germans" Danes :P )South & west(Posen,Pomerania,Konigberg,Silesia) and to this day i think those provinces should be a Prussian state

Wilhelm I.
Sunday, March 7th, 2010, 12:20 AM
About half of my family comes from East-Prussia. Someday it will be German again. :)

Gardisten
Thursday, May 20th, 2010, 06:13 PM
About half of my family comes from East-Prussia. Someday it will be German again. :)

Granted these opinions are a decade old, but it appears that somebody is going to have talk some sense into Prince Georg Friedrich...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/1366336/I-dont-envy-Royal-Family-says-heir-to-German-throne.html

There cannot be a Prussia without a monarch.

Ralf
Wednesday, May 26th, 2010, 09:52 PM
For anyone on facebook, search causes under "Prussia", and you will find one to "Free East Prussia", only has 17 members and is desperately looking to make the magical(?) 20.

Angus
Wednesday, May 26th, 2010, 10:15 PM
My gradmum's family came over to Scotland from West Prussia during the 1700s or the 1800s.. she told me once, but i cant seem to remember.

kristin seitz
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I am of Prussian descent. My Great Grandfather August Hinz was from Gross Marienwalde in East Prussia. I'm trying to do ancestry research but it's VERY hard because of the damn Russians voted to NOT give back to Germany and Prussian civil records they took after WW2. :thumbdown

Ralf
Sunday, January 13th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Goodness, I found one of the threads from when I was here before, and I see I was a "Funding member"!. Cannot remember my old password though?

Teutone
Sunday, January 13th, 2019, 11:50 PM
My grandfather is Prussian.

schwab
Monday, January 14th, 2019, 12:00 AM
I have known 2 Prussian families here in the States. They were from Koenigsberg. They are no longer living.
Ein Preussisches Soldaten Lied:
Maikaefer flieg
Der Vater ist im Krieg
Die Mutter is in Pommerland
Pommerland ist abgebrand

The Soviets tried to give it back to the DDR twice, they refused.
Case closed...

Volk und Rasse
Thursday, January 17th, 2019, 01:49 PM
How much eastern prussian are these folk songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DabSSAOOvnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDXGlIFc6k

I have only hear about Prussia through some diaspora elders, all of them in their eighties or nineties.
It's pretty sad, it truly seems like a dead culture.