PDA

View Full Version : Why I Stand with Geert Wilders

Joe McCarthy
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010, 07:05 PM
He represents all Westerners who cherish their civilization.

By Daniel Pipes

Who is the most important European alive today? I nominate the Dutch politician Geert Wilders. I do so because he is best placed to deal with the Islamic challenge facing the continent. He has the potential to emerge as a world-historical figure.

Full article here:

http://www.geertwilders.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1631&Itemid=1

Hauke Haien
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM
That Islamic challenge consists of two components: on the one hand, an indigenous population’s withering Christian faith, inadequate birthrate, and cultural diffidence, and on the other an influx of devout, prolific, and culturally assertive Muslim immigrants. This fast-moving situation raises profound questions about Europe: Will it retain its historic civilization or become a majority-Muslim continent living under Islamic law (the Shari’a)?
The solution consists of two components: on the one hand, the reassertion of the ethnic nation state, and on the other the destruction of the culturally assertive West. This fast-moving situation raises profound questions about Germania: Will it regain its historic civilisation or become majority-Muslim under Western law?

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I'm not so sure, Joe!

I didn't get far into the article before this hit me ...

The PVV is libertarian and mainstream conservative, without roots in neo-Fascism, nativism, conspiricism, antisemitism, or other forms of extremism. (Wilders publicly emulates Ronald Reagan.) Indicative of this moderation is Wilders’s long-standing affection for Israel that includes two years’ residence in the Jewish state, dozens of visits, and his advocating the transfer of the Dutch embassy to Jerusalem.

... so, that's him finished in my book :thumbdown

Joe McCarthy
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010, 07:35 PM
What Pipes mentions is why Wilders is making so much progress. Shedding the demons of neo-fascism is critical if resurgent nationalism is to get anywhere.

Joe McCarthy
Thursday, January 21st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Here's an article on Wilders' trial that began yesterday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_re_eu/eu_netherlands_hate_speech

This extract is revealing:

"One in three Muslims here now say they are considering leaving."

SaxonPagan
Thursday, January 21st, 2010, 06:22 PM
But I'll bet they don't ;)