PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs and the Bible...

jesusfreak
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I know this is kind of a strange question. Where do Dinosoars come in in the bible? That has been eating at me for a long time.

Awar
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 06:33 PM
The Dinosaurs have been eating you?

Siegfried
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 07:21 PM
As far as I know, dinosaurs aren't mentioned in the Bible, which doesn't mean the past existence of dinosaurs contradicts Biblical teaching.

Waarnemer
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 08:54 PM
I know this is kind of a strange question. Where do Dinosoars come in in the bible? That has been eating at me for a long time
nowhere.

QuietWind
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 01:51 AM
The closest thing to dinosaurs specifically mentioned in the Bible are probably the behemoth and leviathan; although, they could simply be alternate terms for common creatures of today. You decide. Here is link to some information on these creatures. http://members.aol.com/biblesci/science/
I have actually heard of two theories involving dinosaurs and why they are not mentioned in the Bible. One theory involves the gap theory of creation. (http://www.apologeticspress.org/rr/rr1994/r&r9407a.htm)

"The widely held view among gap theorists today is that the original creation of the world by God, as recorded in Genesis 1:1, took place billions of years ago. The creation was despoiled because of Satan’s rebellion against God, resulting in his being cast from heaven with his followers. A cataclysm occurred at the time of Satan’s overthrow, and is said to have left the Earth in darkness (the “waste and void” of Genesis 1:2). [NOTE: It is alleged by some Gap theorists that the cataclysm occurring at Satan’s overthrow terminated the geologic ages, after which God “re-created.” It is alleged by others that the cataclysm occurred first, and then was followed by the geologic ages, after which God “re-created.”] The world as God had created it, with all its inhabitants, was destroyed, which, it is claimed, accounts for the myriad fossils present in the Earth. Many holding to this theory place the fossils of dinosaurs, so-called “ape-men,” and other extinct forms of life in this gap. Then, God “re-created” the Earth in six literal days. By way of summary, then, the “gap” between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 contains the story of an original creation, a judgment, and ruination, while the verses in Genesis 1:3 through the remainder of the chapter record the story of the Earth’s re-creation. "

The second theory that I have heard is that when God flooded the earth, the atmosphere changed surrounding the earth and this change caused the dinosaurs to die off. (The Bible asserts that prior to the rain falling at the time of the flood, the earth was watered by a great mist that rose up from the ground.) If you look at the longevity of human life in the Old Testament, you will also notice a decline in human life span following the flood.

Evolved
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 02:49 AM
LOL, according (http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=3668&dgn=4) to Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid, dinosaurs are figments of our imagination and we should forget about them. :D

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 04:12 AM
The bible is a book of fiction and fairy tales which includes absolutely no facts other than a few place-names. Why pick on the dinosaur inconsistancy alone?