PDA

View Full Version : Somali Shot After Allegedly Attempting to Attack Danish Cartoonist

Hersir
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/WORLD/europe/01/01/danish.cartoon.break.in/story.cartoonist.afp.gi.jpg

A Somali man believed to have ties to terrorist groups was shot as he allegedly tried to enter the home of Danish political cartoonist Kurt Westergaard -- known for his controversial depictions of the Muslim prophet Mohammad -- on Friday, police said.

The 27-year-old man, who was not identified, wielded an ax and a knife and cracked a window at Westergaard's home in Aarhus, said police spokesman Morten Jensen. A home alarm alerted police to the scene at 10 p.m., and they were attacked by the man, he said.

The officers shot the man in the right leg and left hand. He was hospitalized, but was not seriously injured, police said.

Danish intelligence officials said the suspect is connected to al-Shabaab, al Qaeda's ally in east Africa.

The incident "once again confirms the terrorist threat that is directed against Denmark and against cartoonist Kurt Westergaard, in particular," said Jakob Scharf, spokesman for the Danish Security and Intelligence Service, in a statement.

Westergaard's caricature of Mohammed -- which depicted the prophet wearing a bomb as a turban with a lit fuse -- sparked an uproar among Muslims in early 2006 after newspapers reprinted the images months later as a matter of free speech. The cartoon was first published by the Danish newspaper Morgenavisen Jullands-Posten in September 2005.

At the time, Westergaard said he wanted his cartoon to say that some people exploited the prophet to legitimize terror. However, many in the Muslim world interpreted the drawing as depicting their prophet as a terrorist.

Over the years, Danish authorities have arrested other suspects who allegedly plotted against Westergaard's life.

After three such arrests were made in February 2008, Westergaard issued a statement, saying, "Of course I fear for my life after the Danish Security and Intelligence Service informed me of the concrete plans of certain people to kill me. However, I have turned fear into anger and indignation. It has made me angry that a perfectly normal everyday activity which I used to do by the thousand was abused to set off such madness."

Scharf said authorities have taken measures to ensure Westergaard's safety, and that the protection has "proven effective."

Source http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/01/01/danish.cartoon.break.in/index.html

Hauke Haien
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
This is good news; not because I ascribe any value to freedom of speech or suffer from the mistaken belief that liberal democracy must be defended from threats created by liberal democracy.

The point is that a Germanic man must be considered as above reproach from outsiders and any attempt at asserting control is null and void, to be met with utmost violence if it does not cease.

BundOstmark
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
These mongrels-muslims sould not be in any Germanic land in the first place.
And furthermore the government's police are not needed. They are loyal to the oppressors of our peoples.

Mobilize the civilian Nationalist German and Germanic locals to take real justice.
If these mongels-muslims tasted real Viking justice they would not want to come to our lands.

Blod og Jord
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Every time a Muslim acts in this savage way, he proves the talk about Islam a religion of peace and moderate Muslims is mythical void, and being offended about the saying Islam is violent is unjustified.
If Muslims don't like what Danes are publishing, they shouldn't come here. They should stay in their countries where there is no free speech and where they can live a dark age life.

Old Winter
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Funny note, today i looked at my old Dutch comics, one of them was of De Rode Ridder - The Red Knight where he fights against muslim invaders, it is a old Dutch/Flemish comic where the first issue was released in 1959, it was made by the best and most famous Flemish cartoon writer we know.

Crazyhorse
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Every time a Muslim acts in this savage way, he proves the talk about Islam a religion of peace and moderate Muslims is mythical void, and being offended about the saying Islam is violent is unjustified.
If Muslims don't like what Danes are publishing, they shouldn't come here. They should stay in their countries where there is no free speech and where they can live a dark age life.

Blod og Jord - At the risk of sounding too much like Eric Hoffer, I completely agree with your observation and comment; appreciated and well articulated. The Islamic Facist movement's goal is to avenge Islam against us "infidels" and convert all in their path to their warped view of Islam - which offers no promise or future; only sadness, isolation, and death. Ironically, these people are referred to as "Takfiri" in the true sense of the Islamic Faith by their own conservatives. These Takfiri terrorists wage apostic attacks on innocent peoples globally; even their own. Reality is that the 'True Believers'/Takfiri amongst them are not reasoning humans who are rational/logical in a sense we understand and just simply need to be removed from decent society; ironically, keeps folks like me busy and constantly working... is what it is!

Matamoros
Thursday, January 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
These mongrels-muslims sould not be in any Germanic land in the first place.

I agree. I do not believe that they belong in any Germanic land now, and neither do their descendants.

Essentially, all we want is to be able to preserve and practice our culture and way of life in peace and without having to acquiesce to these foreigners.