PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding my Grandparents

Andrew man
Saturday, December 19th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I need help finding my grandparents and great uncles who served for Germany during WWII. Their last name is Dilberger and I don't know their first names. A list of soldiers in alpabetical order would help. From what I was told they were in the Wehrmacht and a few SS men. It would be great for help. Thank you!

Mohnke
Thursday, July 22nd, 2010, 04:17 AM
I need help finding my grandparents and great uncles who served for Germany during WWII. Their last name is Dilberger and I don't know their first names. A list of soldiers in alpabetical order would help. From what I was told they were in the Wehrmacht and a few SS men. It would be great for help. Thank you!

Hello Andrew man,

Is the spelling, Dilberger, the original spelling? If so, the Graebersuche returns one man. I am not sure if this is your relative, but these are the details provided by the site:

Nachname: Dilberger
Vorname: Erich
Dienstgrad: Obergefreiter
Geburtsdatum: 20.06.1919
Geburtsort:
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 05.09.1943
Todes-/Vermisstenort:

Obergefreiter Dilberger appears to have fallen during the first few days of the Allied invasion of Italy, given he is buried in Cassino and his KIA/MIA date.

Some more details about the German cemetery in Cassino: Cassino War Cemeteries (http://nuke.montecassinotour.com/THEWARCEMETERIESATCASSINO/tabid/56/Default.aspx)