PDA

View Full Version : How many siblings do you have?

Phlegethon
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 01:03 PM
I'd like to know how many siblings you all have.
Also interesting would be the order and sex, but I cannot integrate all possible options in that poll.

Milesian
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 01:06 PM
No-one but me, myself and I.
I'm unique :)

Italia_Ariana
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 01:55 PM
Behold, 'tis the new Italian family, with all only children such as myself.

Ewergrin
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 02:10 PM
I have only one sibling, a sister, who is my twin.

Nordgau
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 04:51 PM
One older brother and one younger sister.

Vojvoda
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 04:55 PM
One older sister.

Borivoj
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 05:58 PM
I was the middle child of three brothers, but my older one died a few years ago.

Frans_Jozef
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 06:34 PM
No-one but me, myself and I.
I'm unique :)

Just like me, which has the advantage to be the sole heir of my father's household...bu hopefully not the end of my family line :-D

Tore
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 06:35 PM
I have only one sibling, a sister, who is my twin.

I also happen to have a twin, except he comes in the form of a male. ;)

I have a younger brother in addition.

Frans_Jozef
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 06:50 PM
Behold, 'tis the new Italian family, with all only children such as myself.

Yes, the Italians are far removed from the days when mothers were like baking furnaces: one in, one out...but to be honest, I wasn't a very appealing view, a woman surrounded by a bustling litter od snot-nosed little bastards...and a highly pregnant woman is a tasteless sight anyway... they shouldn't be allowed to go outdoors.. :insulted

Milesian
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 07:00 PM
...and a highly pregnant woman is a tasteless sight anyway... they shouldn't be allowed to go outdoors.. :insulted

I disagree, I think a pregnant woman is a beautiful sight.
Radiant with health and fertility, there is few more glorious sights.
Of course, only a white woman brings out those feelings. That goes without saying ;)

Frans_Jozef
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 07:10 PM
I disagree, I think a pregnant woman is a beautiful sight.
Radiant with health and fertility, there is few more glorious sights.
Of course, only a white woman brings out those feelings. That goes without saying ;)

This figures: paedomorphy is induced by a feminisation process, I think, Milesian, you're in badly need for a hormone cure to bring you back about your sense ;-)

Loki
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 07:13 PM
My vote was spoiled, unfortunately. I accidentally voted for "0".

In reality we are 5 children - 3 sisters and 2 brothers.

Scáthach
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 08:52 PM
Three sisters, I'm the youngest.

Milesian
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 09:14 PM
This figures: paedomorphy is induced by a feminisation process, I think, Milesian, you're in badly need for a hormone cure to bring you back about your sense ;-)

Ah, I think you are mistaken on both counts my friend.
Seeing our women full with child and continuing the future of our people is a wonderful thing to behold. Nature in all it's glory.
As for my hormone level's, I can assure you I am all man.
Many a young local lass can vouch for that :hush ;)

Loki
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 10:24 PM
...and a highly pregnant woman is a tasteless sight anyway... they shouldn't be allowed to go outdoors.. :insulted

For me, there are not many things in the world as visually appealing as a heavily pregnant woman. It is a wonder of nature, and pleasing to the eye. Also to the hormones.... ;P

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 11:11 PM
I have a younger brother and an older half-sister from my dad's first marriage.

Frans I can't believe what you said about pregnant ladies! They can't stay indoors all the time! :rofl

Vojvoda
Monday, September 1st, 2003, 11:50 PM

Frans I can't believe what you said about pregnant ladies! They can't stay indoors all the time! :rofl

Why not? protect your female and the beautiful future she carries within her.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 12:01 AM
Why not? protect your female and the beautiful future she carries within her.

By having her stay indoors? *yaaaawn* I think pregnant ladies should be entertained at all times (it's best for everyone haha)....and if you sit on the couch watching TV all day you will have a lot of weight to lose once the baby is born!

Vojvoda
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 12:27 AM
By having her stay indoors? *yaaaawn* I think pregnant ladies should be entertained at all times (it's best for everyone haha)....and if you sit on the couch watching TV all day you will have a lot of weight to lose once the baby is born!

No t.v. either.We don't want the unborn child to be brainwashed:)

Scáthach
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 12:29 AM
what will the poor girl be allowed to do? ;)

white-lion
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 05:27 AM
2 brothers and 5 sisters I am the third oldest. As for keeping pregnant women inside if my husband tried that when I was pregnant with our kids well it would not have been a pretty sight. Until men have the pleasure of having children they should not say things like keep pregnant women inside. When a woman is pregnant she needs fresh air or her child willbe on the sickly side plus the enjoyment of going for a walk with her mate does wonders for her well being which any doctor will tell you is important for the child`s developement. Think about it guys how would you like it if we told you, you could not go outside.

:dork :dork

Demigorgona
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 07:11 AM
1 Sister and a Brother and a half ;D

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 07:16 AM
Ah, I think you are mistaken on both counts my friend.
Seeing our women full with child and continuing the future of our people is a wonderful thing to behold. Nature in all it's glory.
As for my hormone level's, I can assure you I am all man.
Many a young local lass can vouch for that :hush ;)

Actually, I owe you an apologize, Milesian, which even impeded me to catch some badly sought rest this night: while I see you took it with you're usual dismissive, smiling and philosophical flair, I am a bit disconcerted by the rudeness and sharp self-rightious of my statement yesterday, it was a bit off-limits and I should have rckoned with the possibility that some funnities can hurt people....My sincere apologizies!

Nordhammer
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 07:58 AM
As long as the pregnant woman has taken seed from a racially correct male, then it's a nice sight. :) Otherwise, abortion is a wonderful thing!

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 08:18 AM
As long as the pregnant woman has taken seed from a racially correct male, then it's a nice sight. :) Otherwise, abortion is a wonderful thing!

Punishment follows Sin, for sure, but whatever one may object to the very existence of a mongrel, that child has no fault in its mishap;
abortion in this case would be totally forfeited from any humanitarian context and equated to murder.
Best is simply to take up these outcast and ban them from our community.
We dont mean them any harm, but if they want to respect our existence and way of Life, they should leave and remain at distance from us, is teh philosophy behind it: neat but resolute.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 11:00 AM
Punishment follows Sin, for sure, but whatever one may object to the very existence of a mongrel, that child has no fault in its mishap; abortion in this case would be totally forfeited from any humanitarian context and equated to murder. Best is simply to take up these outcast and ban them from our community. We dont mean them any harm, but if they want to respect our existence and way of Life, they should leave and remain at distance from us, is teh philosophy behind it: neat but resolute.

Yes, but let's be realistic. It's easy to speak about morality when it's not personal. If you had a daughter, and she was pregnant by a black, you would not want her to get an abortion? What about rape, should the woman be burdened with that child just because it's an "innocent" soul? God will forgive us in the end anyway. :)

Allenson
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
I am the younger of two lads....

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003, 01:48 PM
Yes, but let's be realistic. It's easy to speak about morality when it's not personal. If you had a daughter, and she was pregnant by a black, you would not want her to get an abortion? What about rape, should the woman be burdened with that child just because it's an "innocent" soul? God will forgive us in the end anyway. :)

The dialogue between Principles and the bitter exigencies in Life is never an easy one, though one should call on caution when you start to fumble with the morals and customs of a given society, leniency and flightyness are as corruptive as integrism...besides, do you really want a young woman who has been raped and found to be pregnant and need all the support and love her family as well psychological guidance make instantly subject of such a procedure like abortion, which again could be interpreted as a violation act on her person?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2003, 04:18 AM

So we see which side of the family you get your "bad" genes from.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2003, 04:22 AM
I have 11 sisters and 7 brothers. :jk I have a younger brother. But I got the looks and the brains. :glasses

Nordhammer
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2003, 09:06 AM
The dialogue between Principles and the bitter exigencies in Life is never an easy one, though one should call on caution when you start to fumble with the morals and customs of a given society, leniency and flightyness are as corruptive as integrism...besides, do you really want a young woman who has been raped and found to be pregnant and need all the support and love her family as well psychological guidance make instantly subject of such a procedure like abortion, which again could be interpreted as a violation act on her person?

I'm not an egalitarian. I don't think all life is equally worthy.

The procedure of aborting a child of rape would be very early, likely before any real fetal development took place. Probably could be done with the "morning after" pill they have now. The argument is about the "innocent life" you previously spoke of. Back to heaven I say. :)

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 03:59 AM
A much more beautiful sister. :king

Now this is what I'm talking about. I just hit the View New Posts. It said this post was made 1 minute ago. When I hit Go To First New Post button brings up this post which was actually made 4 days ago.

Evolved
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 04:02 AM
What about rape, should the woman be burdened with that child just because it's an "innocent" soul?

If I was raped by a nonwhite I would either have an abortion or give birth and toss it in a dumpster. "It wasn't breathing, I swear.." :evil

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 04:05 AM
If I was raped by a nonwhite I would either have an abortion or give birth and toss it in a dumpster. "It wasn't breathing, I swear.." :evil

Why carry it to term. Just a waste and drain on your life. :behead :tombstone

Evolved
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 04:12 AM
I have a 29-year-old sister of North Atlantid-Alpine affinity and a 17-year-old brother of Keltic-Fälish-Ladogan stock. Being the second daughter and middle kid is not fun. I get the cheapest gifts on holiday occasions, but I am the cute one with the highest IQ. :prettykit :academic

Nordhammer
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 04:23 AM
I have a 29-year-old sister of North Atlantid-Alpine affinity and a 17-year-old brother of Keltic-Fälish-Ladogan stock. Being the second daughter and middle kid is not fun. I get the cheapest gifts on holiday occasions, but I am the cute one with the highest IQ. :prettykit :academic

... and the most racially aware, and the sweetest. :heartbeat

Evolved
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Why carry it to term. Just a waste and drain on your life. :behead :tombstone

Abortions can be botched and destroy the reproductive system. :-O

I'm not worried about this. The chances that I'd be raped by a nonwhite or anyone for that matter are slim to none. I only go out of the house in the daytime and when I do, it's to the grocery store, a non-alcoholic restaurant, the library, bookstore, and assorted other clean living nerdy places I hang out. :halo :nerd Saving my sinning for the boudoir. :dlook

Most of the sex crimes in my neighborhood are from twenty-something guys with underage girls. I have a little can of bug spray in my purse for makeshift mace if needed. :D

Maybe I should carry a knife, too. :stabbed

Evolved
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 07:01 AM
... and the most racially aware, and the sweetest. :heartbeat
:emb :cheekkiss :hugs

Nordhammer
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Most of the sex crimes in my neighborhood are from twenty-something guys with underage girls. I have a little can of bug spray in my purse for makeshift mace if needed. :D

Maybe I should carry a knife, too. :stabbed

Besides children and the elderly, a lone white female is probably the favorite prey of criminals on the street. It would be better if you didn't go alone.

It only takes one encounter out of thousands of trips to the store to change your life forever. I certainly would have never thought a black man bleeding from a headwound would be running through my yard after he tried to rob a family at gunpoint one street over in the middle of the day, and the cops chasing him down at the front of my driveway; and would have never thought a pit bull would be tearing at my cat's throat right outside my front door.

Pomor
Friday, October 24th, 2003, 03:34 PM
A younger sister and a brother here. My sister was born the same day as me, but 5 years later, so she used to get all the gifts on MY birthday :ehm

Awar
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Sadly, I have no brothers or sisters. :(

Just a question:
What would you do if you were raped by a white man?

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 02:34 AM
I have no siblings. I'll bet that was obvious.

Pomor
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Sadly, I have no brothers or sisters. :(

Just a question:
What would you do if you were raped by a white man?

LOL, who is this question reffered to? Don't you think it is a bit out of place in this particular thread?

Awar
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 03:28 PM
I was referring to a lot of previous posts......they make rape sound like a negative thing only if it's done by a non-white man.

Pomor
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 03:32 PM
I was referring to a lot of previous posts......they make rape sound like a negative thing only if it's done by a non-white man.

I see, I think the skin-color of a raper would be the last thing on one's mind, after it's been done :D

Nordhammer
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Well, usually if a woman values race, then she values the race of the d she puts in her body. To have sex with a black man would thus be an immoral and very disgusting act, similar to bestiality, and her reputation would suffer. So thus being raped by a non-white, especially black, would be worse than a white man -- especially if she becomes pregnant by the act. Of course, it was not her fault, etc, but it is still the reality, what's done is done.

Awar
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 09:06 PM
A white man who commits rape is no better than a black man who does so. In this act, he portrays everything that is backward about the white society. ( or does he )

Perhaps this white man has the genes that drive him towards such acts, probably those exact same genes which drive some black men towards such acts. Wouldn't this make such a white man as undesirable a element as a black man is.

Nordhammer
Sunday, October 26th, 2003, 09:28 PM
A white man who commits rape is no better than a black man who does so. In this act, he portrays everything that is backward about the white society. ( or does he )

Perhaps this white man has the genes that drive him towards such acts, probably those exact same genes which drive some black men towards such acts. Wouldn't this make such a white man as undesirable a element as a black man is.

No, a white man is still better than a black man, even if they both committed rape, because he is white and a member of the tribe, while a black is not. The white man should still be punished accordingly, but he can still come back into white society and have white children etc -- unless he is some kind of serial rapist with mental issues.

Rape has a very broad definition now. If you are having sex with a woman, and she suddenly changes her mind and tells you to get off, and you don't, is that rape? Some say it is. So all cases of rape may not be so clear cut either.

Sentinel
Tuesday, October 28th, 2003, 05:03 AM
I had 3 brothers 1 died, I also had 3 sisters all are dead.

Sentinel
Tuesday, October 28th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Rape has a very broad definition now. If you are having sex with a woman, and she suddenly changes her mind and tells you to get off, and you don't, is that rape? Some say it is. So all cases of rape may not be so clear cut either

this is an annotated version of what constitutes rape( this is a Kansas statute and may be different in other states)
" 21-3502. Rape.
Rape is sexual intercourse with a person who does not consent to the sexual intercourse, under any of the following circumstances:
When the victim is overcome by force or fear;
when the victim is unconscious or physically powerless;
when the victim is incapable of giving consent because of mental deficiency or disease, which condition was known by the offender or was reasonably apparent to the offender; or
when the victim is incapable of giving consent because of the effect of any alcoholic liquor, narcotic, drug or other substance administered to the victim by the offender, or by another person with the offender's knowledge, unless the victim voluntarily consumes or allows the administration of the substance with knowledge of its nature.
Rape is a class B felony. "

Lostchild1962
Wednesday, November 12th, 2003, 11:07 AM
1 adopted sister..shes now gone..and 1 birthsis..but we dont talk..what a waste eh?
Sis Kay

Borivoj
Sunday, November 16th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Eight people with no siblings...I would have thought that most people would have one sibling.

Phlegethon
Sunday, November 16th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Well, nobody consulted me. ;)

Scáthach
Sunday, November 16th, 2003, 04:46 PM
How many then?

Phlegethon
Sunday, November 16th, 2003, 05:01 PM
A whole soocer team. ;)

Esther_Helena
Sunday, June 6th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Three Questions
1. How many siblings do you have? Full and/or half
2. How many does your father have?
3. Your mother?

My answers:
1. 3 half, same father. Sister, and then a sister and a brother (they are full sibs)
2. 3 full, a brother and two sisters, 1 half brother who died in the 80's.
3. 2, a sister and a brother.

George
Sunday, June 6th, 2004, 01:14 AM
1 sister
1 sister
1 brother

AngryPotato
Sunday, June 6th, 2004, 02:18 AM

1 1/2 brother from my mothers 1st marriage
My mother couldn't have children after me.

2 Full brothers and 1 Full sister

3. Your mother?

2 Full sisters and 2 1/2 sisters from her mother
Unknown numbers of 1/2 siblings from fathers later marriage(s)

Strengthandhonour
Sunday, June 6th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Three Questions
1. How many siblings do you have? Full and/or half=I have 2. 1 brother and 1 sister.
2. How many does your father have? He has 3 half sisters, and 3 half brothers.
3. Your mother? 2 full sisters and 1 full brother.

Ewergrin
Monday, June 7th, 2004, 05:51 AM
My answers:

I have one sibling.
Twin.
Sister.

My father is one of five:
Two full sisters. One half-sister.
One half-brother.

My mother was an only child.

Fraxinus Excelsior
Monday, June 7th, 2004, 06:12 AM
1. I have 1 Full-Brother and 1 Full-Sister; 1 Half-Brother and 1 Half-Sister from my father's first marriage.

2. My father had 1 Full-Brother; 1 Half-Brother and 1 Half-Sister.

3. My mother has 1 Full-Sister.

Phlegethon
Monday, June 7th, 2004, 08:23 PM
1. None.
2. None.
3. Two younger sisters.

rusalka
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Three Questions
3. Your mother?

1. None
2. None
3. Three sisters. One older, two younger.

Tore
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 05:36 AM
I have a younger brother and a (fraternal) twin.

My father is the youngest of ten siblings.

My mother is the eldest of four.

Milesian
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM
1) None

2) My father has 9 siblings

3) My mother has 7 siblings

bocian
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Three Questions
3. Your mother?

1 older brother.

Had 2 brothers, 1 left.

had 3 brothers, 1 half-brother, 2 left, as well as the half-brother.

On my fathers side, each of his brothers had sons as well, 7 in total, making that ten straight boys in our clan. No girls yet. :D

bocian
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:18 PM
1) None

2) My father has 9 siblings

3) My mother has 7 siblings

Milesian, we should all take an example from your family, if we want to preserve our race! :)

Milesian
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Milesian, we should all take an example from your family, if we want to preserve our race! :)

Yeah, pity that my grandparents Catholic sexual prowess skipped a generation. I'm more than capable of picking up the reins again though :smoke

bocian
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah, pity that my grandparents Catholic sexual prowess skipped a generation. I'm more than capable of picking up the reins again though :smoke

Yes, you should definitely start ASAP! :D

Pinesinger
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:31 PM
1. Two younger sisters (my Dad is long suffering ;) )
2. My dad is the youngest of 7
3. My mom is the oldest of 5

I have 28 first cousins :D :D :D

Milesian
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Yes, you should definitely start ASAP! :D

Bring forth the Skadi concubines.... :D

bocian
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:34 PM
1 older brother.

Had 2 brothers, 1 left.

had 3 brothers, 1 half-brother, 2 left, as well as the half-brother.

On my fathers side, each of his brothers had sons as well, 7 in total, making that ten straight boys in our clan. No girls yet. :D

I should add that I had a sister for a very short while, but she is no longer with us. She would be 14 years old this year.

Siegfried
Tuesday, June 8th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Three Questions
3. Your mother?

1. One
2. Seven
3. Four

pearl
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I have 6 siblings - my fraternal twin brother, 2 other twin brothers, and 3 sisters.

My dad has 4 siblings - all boys, 2 sets of twins.

My mother has 5 siblings - a fraternal twin brother, and 4 sisters.

I think I just may have twins of my own one of these days...but I'm not 100% certain:D

Skeptic
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 10:16 AM
- I have a younger brother, and an even younger sister
- my dad has a younger brother
- my biological mother has an older brother

bocian
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004, 04:23 PM
I have 6 siblings - my fraternal twin brother, 2 other twin brothers, and 3 sisters.

My dad has 4 siblings - all boys, 2 sets of twins.

My mother has 5 siblings - a fraternal twin brother, and 4 sisters.

I think I just may have twins of my own one of these days...but I'm not 100% certain:D

That's amazing! What are your odds of having twins? I'm sure they are higher.

I find this fascinating, please post some more info if you have the time.

pearl
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 12:56 AM
That's amazing! What are your odds of having twins? I'm sure they are higher.

I find this fascinating, please post some more info if you have the time.Bocian: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk about my family...I am very proud of our populating prowess and always jump at the chance to brag a bit :D

I don't know any specific "odds" but I think that I will definetly have twins. Usually having twins happens within family lines about every other generation...or more frequently in some cases. Since twins occur very frequently on both sides of my family, my chances of having twins is almost positive.

On my da's side, there is a set of twins every generation...he had twins, he is a twin, his da is a twin, his grandad was a twin, etc. But, on his side of the family, each set of twins is always an identical pair, and they are always male...

On my mam's side each set is fraternal, usually a boy and a girl, or a fraternal set of boy/boy or girl/girl. But, out of all my mam's siblings...including her twin brother, she was the only one that produced any twins.

My eldest sister Arann (27), who is not a twin, has one daughter named Murieann and is pregnant with twin boys at the moment that she will call Séamus and Aengus...they just may be identical.

My eldest brother Lochlainn (24), who is an identical twin, has a 2 year old pair of fraternal twins: a boy named Colm, and a girl named Caragh.

My middle sister, Rowan-Finn (22), who is not a twin, was pregnant with twin girls last year...but sadly, she miscarried.

So, every sibling of mine that has had children so far, has had a set of twins...Therefore, I would confindently say that I will have twins also.

Our family has never been a small one...and it continues to grow every year. My mam and da immigrated from Ireland, to America, in 1989 and they always joke about how our family, the Donaghey's, are taking over America 2 babes at a time ;)

bocian
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Bocian: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk about my family...I am very proud of our populating prowess and always jump at the chance to brag a bit :D

I don't know any specific "odds" but I think that I will definetly have twins. Usually having twins happens within family lines about every other generation...or more frequently in some cases. Since twins occur very frequently on both sides of my family, my chances of having twins is almost positive.

On my da's side, there is a set of twins every generation...he had twins, he is a twin, his da is a twin, his grandad was a twin, etc. But, on his side of the family, each set of twins is always an identical pair, and they are always male...

On my mam's side each set is fraternal, usually a boy and a girl, or a fraternal set of boy/boy or girl/girl. But, out of all my mam's siblings...including her twin brother, she was the only one that produced any twins.

My eldest sister Arann (27), who is not a twin, has one daughter named Murieann and is pregnant with twin boys at the moment that she will call Séamus and Aengus...they just may be identical.

My eldest brother Lochlainn (24), who is an identical twin, has a 2 year old pair of fraternal twins: a boy named Colm, and a girl named Caragh.

My middle sister, Rowan-Finn (22), who is not a twin, was pregnant with twin girls last year...but sadly, she miscarried.

So, every sibling of mine that has had children so far, has had a set of twins...Therefore, I would confindently say that I will have twins also.

Our family has never been a small one...and it continues to grow every year. My mam and da immigrated from Ireland, to America, in 1989 and they always joke about how our family, the Donaghey's, are taking over America 2 babes at a time ;)

Thanks very much for sharing! I was thinking that you had a somewhat elevated chance of having twins, but what you mentioned about your siblings is really incredible. :-O

I have always wanted to have a twin. I'm sure most people feel this way. You're very lucky. :)

Stew
Friday, July 9th, 2004, 12:07 AM
A Sister and a Half Brother here. I guess my ole man did his part as far as replacment rates! :D

Telperion
Friday, July 9th, 2004, 01:06 AM
None. I brook no rivals.

kinvolk
Friday, July 9th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Yes, the Italians are far removed from the days when mothers were like baking furnaces: one in, one out...but to be honest, I wasn't a very appealing view, a woman surrounded by a bustling litter od snot-nosed little bastards...and a highly pregnant woman is a tasteless sight anyway... they shouldn't be allowed to go outdoors.. :insulted
A WHITE pregnant women IS a wonder to behold. It gives me hope for the future!

Frans_Jozef
Friday, July 9th, 2004, 09:18 PM
A WHITE pregnant women IS a wonder to behold. It gives me hope for the future!

It is indeed a wonder why they allow such freaks to walk around with a tumulus in stead of a belly...

Mac Seafraidh
Saturday, July 10th, 2004, 08:34 AM
One younger sister

Gareth
Tuesday, September 21st, 2004, 12:41 AM
1. One half-brother.
2. My father has 5 siblings. His parents have about 16 grandchildren, most of them are Faelids on the Nordic side racially.
2b. My paternal grandfather has four siblings alive afaik, two of them became nuns which worked all over the world.
3. My mother has just a brother.
3b. My maternal grandfathers had eight siblings. Two of them died short after birth, one was killed in WW2. The mother of my grandfather had as many siblings too, but most were lynched after the war for being Sudeten-Germans.
3c. My maternal grandmother had two sisters.

My family went through personal and nation-wide hell since generations, it's no wonder my own siblings are sparse. I don't feel in need to translate the list of catastrophes into English for now though.

Phill
Tuesday, September 21st, 2004, 02:06 AM
Three Questions
3. Your mother?

My answers:
1. 3 half, same father. Sister, and then a sister and a brother (they are full sibs)

1. I have three siblings. A brother and two sisters.

2. My father has three siblings. Two sisters and a older brother.

3. My mother has two siblings. A brother and sister.

All full.

Verslingen
Tuesday, September 21st, 2004, 02:26 AM
1. How many siblings do you have? six-three brothers and three sisters
2. How many does your father have? two-an older and younger sisters
3. Your mother-a younger brother

GreenHeart
Thursday, January 5th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I only have one younger brother.
My dad is a middle child between two sisters and my mom is the youngest of 3 brothers and 1 sister.

Esther_Helena
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 01:59 AM
I found out something when doing a genealogy project for school a while back.
My mom has 3 half sisters.

So it's
Mom - 2 full siblings, a sister and a brother. 3 half sisters.

Bridie
Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Old thread, but I think I'll revive it. :D

Three Questions
3. Your mother?

All full siblings....

1. 3 - 2 brothers, 1 sister
2. 5 sisters (poor thing! :-O )
3. 2 - 1 bother, 1 sister.

QuietWind
Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Three Questions
1. How many siblings do you have?
3. Your mother?

1. 1
2. 4
3. 5

Phlegethon
Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
1. None.
2. None.
3. Two.

Oswiu
Wednesday, May 17th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I am the eldest of three, two boys and a girl.
Dad has a sister.
Mum has a half sister, a twin brother, and two other brothers. All redheads [in the days when they had hair at least!] except the eldest half sister.
Dad's Dad; two sisters.
Dad's Mam; a twin sister, two normal sisters and a half sister, and a brother.
Mam's Dad; about five of them.
Mam's Mam; more than that. Sevenish!

Æmeric
Wednesday, May 17th, 2006, 10:51 PM
1. Three
2. Ten
3. Six

My parents & their siblings had between them 70 children. And we're not Catholic or Mormon.

Here
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006, 12:47 AM
1-I have one full sister
2-one full sister, 9 half-sibling, 2 from his mother's side, and 7 from his da's side.
3-only child

GreenEyes
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006, 01:49 AM
Three Questions
1. 1 full brother
2.Dad was the youngest of seven children, 2 girls and 5 boys
3. Mamma was the 2nd oldest of four, the only girl with one older and two younger brothers

Southern Jarl
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006, 03:39 AM
I am the eldest of three, two boys and a girl.

Same as me. :thumbup
Dad has three brothers and a sister.
Mom has only one brother.

Theudiskaz
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006, 03:54 AM
1. one
2. two
3. four

Leofric
Wednesday, May 24th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Three Questions
3. Your mother?

1. 3
2. 4
3. 1

Georgia
Monday, June 5th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Georgia:)

Theudanaz
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 09:08 PM
1.Only one brother.
2. He has a brother and sister.
3. My mother has no siblings, and two half brothers.
:~(

Our generation was the city generation. Before that they had lots of kids. My mother has countless (over 50?) cousins.
My father has about 20 cousins.
I got screwed. I always wanted a lot of cousins, and younger siblings.

Three Questions
3. Your mother?

My answers:

Esther_Helena
Thursday, July 6th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I got tired of looking for a forum for siblings, so I made one. :P Feel free to join. Just keep in mind that this is my first forum, so I'm pretty new at this. ;)

http://z14.invisionfree.com/SiblingSoiree/index.php

Eberhardt
Thursday, July 27th, 2006, 06:06 PM
1 older Half brother, so we are as close as full-blooded brothers. We share the same mother.
On my mom's side, 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
On my dad's side, 1 brother and 1 sister.

Tabitha
Thursday, July 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM
1. I'm the youngest of 4. There's a 20 year gap between me and the next one.

2. Three

3. Three

Prometheusfunke
Thursday, July 27th, 2006, 09:53 PM

One. A sister, full.

One. A brother, full.

3. Your mother?

Three. A sister and two brothers, all full.
Her mother has also had 4 foster children, two girls and two boys. Although they aren't consanguineous, they all feel like they're siblings.

Gefjon
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Do you have siblings and how many. I have a sister as some of you know by now. :)

Bridie
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I have one sister and two brothers. :)

Mrs. Lyfing
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I had a twin sister who died at 4 months, I have 3 half sisters, one half brother,my dad was quit the rambling man in his younger days (reason for half) but once he met my mom,they have been together ever since.. married almost 30 years :p

Janus
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I have a brother who's the complete opposite of me.

The Horned God
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I have one brother and two sisters.

Matamoros
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I have three brothers.

Gliftel
Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I have eight siblings - five brothers and three sisters.

Buying presents at Christmas time becomes a bit awkard :confused:

Next World
Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I had one blood brother growing up. Classic Nuclear family set up: mom, dad, son, daughter, dog, nice house by the beach with a piano in the dining room, two cars, so on.

Now, we are an "alternative" family: mom, son, daughter, foster daughter, dog, nice house by the beach with a piano in the dining room, two cars, so on.

Even though my foster sister isn't a blood relative of mine, she has been my best friend for over six years. People often mistake us as blood relatives, even if we don't use the word "sister".

Still, other people often take me for the only child of a single mother (Gilmore Girls style) because of the comparatively awesome relationship I have with my mom. On the contrast, there are other people who think I come from a family of eight children. People tend to agree that I'm the oldest, though, even though I'm the youngest.

Our family unit has interesting dynamics, to say the least.

Rik
Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I have 1 twinbrother (I'm the older twin) and a (half-)sister
( same mother as me but an other father ). My sister is the "product" of the previous marriage from my mother and another man .

Phlegethon
Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I am on my own.

a.squiggles
Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
i'm an only child.

this thread kind of makes me want to try and come up with some sort of correlation between the "kind" of child one is and how well-adjusted they are....:D

OneEnglishNorman
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I have a half brother and a half sister from my dad's first marriage, but they were adopted, so not genetically linked to me. But hey, we're all Bruenns in Britain anyway :p

I don't miss not having brothers, but maybe missed out on not having an older sister. I think being an only child makes you a little more selfish. OTOH your own sense of reality can be stronger than other people's, because you are not used to compromising.

Psychonaut
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
My parents had two girls after I was born. Then they divorced and both remarried. My father had two more girls and my mother had a boy. So four sisters and one brother in all.

Esther_Helena
Thursday, January 24th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I was raised as an only child.
I have:
On my mom's side
1 (former) step brother - he's the only one I've ever met in person
2 current step sisters
2 current step brothers
On my father's side:
1 sister - from an affair
1 sister and 1 brother - from a um... girlfriend.

So, 3 half siblings and 4 step siblings. 5 if you count my former step brother.

Aptrgangr
Monday, January 28th, 2008, 07:18 PM
3 stepsisters on my mom's side here in Germany, one stepsister on my fathers side in Scotland (never saw her) - so I am the only biological child of my parents.

mischak
Monday, January 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I have 3 half brothers and one half sister. I was raised around them though, so they've never felt like "half" siblings. I also had a brother who died from cancer when he 3

Elysium
Monday, January 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I have only one sister and no brothers.

Deary
Monday, January 28th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'm an only child unlike my parents who had three siblings each. I never longed for a brother or sister because I have always been rather comfortable being alone. I did not develop an imaginary friend, but I played with my cousins and schoolmates instead. Most of the schoolmates I befriended were also only children, and most of my friends outside of school have been only children. The cousin I am closest to is also an only child. I think if I had a brother or sister, my mother and I wouldn't be nearly as close as we are and she wouldn't have had so much time for me. I can talk to her like a best friend. Yes, my parents do tend to want to spoil me every now and then. I also have a tendency to ask myself things like, "If I had a brother or sister, would we get along, would I be less intelligent (I know this is a silly concern, but that's just how it is), more responsible or independent?" In the future, I'd like to have more than one child, though this is a little unusual for me to imagine because I've never really had the opportunity to witness firsthand what having siblings is like, how they act around each other, how to parent them, and how might my children develop as a result of that. Having grown up as an only child, I might be more likely to have a small family because it is what I am accustomed to.