PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

AngryPotato
Saturday, June 5th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Does anyone plan on going to see the new Harry Potter movie? If you've seen it what do you think of it. Looks like the kids are getting a little too old for the parts so this will probably be their last movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter-azkaban/

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter-azkaban/images/hp_quicktime_page_01.jpg

AngryPotato
Sunday, June 6th, 2004, 08:15 AM
It was a decent movie. Not as long as the second movie. The special effects were terrific and the dialogue was great. The non-white factor was slightly higher, which can be seen in a couple of scenes, but they play no role in the movie. A few negrids and Indians. Its a safe movie to see overall plus a werewolf. :D

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Sunday, June 6th, 2004, 08:33 AM
You impressed me Mac! Expect me to see it...LOL

*not*

j/k

rusalka
Monday, June 7th, 2004, 06:06 AM
The director of the first two movies was replaced by Alfonzo Cueron, and this visibly changed the whole movie structure, on my part, for the worst. Great actors, an even better story than the first two and yet, very weak compared to the Sorcerer's Stone and the Chamber of Secrets. Lacks the atmosphere that has been achieved wonderfully in the aforementioned titles. It was somewhat of a disappointment on my part, my favorite characters were cruelly caricaturized. However, Ron Weasley and the Weasley twins are at their best, Hermione will probably steal some more hearts and Professor Snape is classic. All in all, worth seeing if you're a fan, just be prepared for some liberties in comparison with the book.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Thursday, May 31st, 2018, 12:22 AM
I ended up watching the first five films and can only stand the third one the last I cared for. I did in fact like the werewolf scene. The stupid multicultural scene had a Jamaican bus driver. The casting is better than the story. I can't stand the fake suspense and underwhelming Wuenderkind aspect of Hairy Pothead. His villain is so lame.