PDA

View Full Version : Al-Jazeera to Air 'Denmark is Racist' Movie

Nachtengel
Friday, October 9th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Al-Jazeera will air a documentary tonight by Palestinian-Dane Awad Joumaa on Danish racism. The 50-minute documentary "Conflict in Copenhagen" will air on the "Under the Microscope" show and will focus on the right-wing in Denmark. It shows sequences of street-fights and posters saying "Denmark for the Danes" and "Close the borders", as well as interviews with immigrants gangs and rejected asylum seekers who complain that the authorities are racist.

The show has already received much criticism in Denmark. Chairman for the Danish-Palestinian Friendship Association, Fathi El-Abed, says that the movie does not give a complete picture of what's happening in Denmark and will only help the right-wing smear Arab-Danes.

The Danish foreign ministry is concerned that this movie will cause angry reactions in the Middle East against Denmark, and will alert all Danes living in the region if necessary.

Joumaa thinks that Denmark is racist and that many Arabs have a much too positive view of Denmark. He doesn't intend to smear Denmark, but on the contrary: to do Denmark a service.

In an interview to the Arabic-Danish site Akhbar he said as follows:

"I am Danish and made this movie to help Denmark acknowledge the problems of xenophobia and smearing of Muslims. Danish politicians should acknowledge this problem and do something to solve it. I see the film more as a form of self-criticism and an attempt to save Denmark"

He accuses the Danish media for creating images of Muslims and immigrants which are distorted and full of prejudices. He doesn't think that al-Jazeera is trying to give Danes the same treatment.

"Al-Jazeera showed many positive stories about Denmark this year, including various reports about successful Danish-Arabs. So I don't think that we only show a bad image of Denmark. With this movie I just try to tell my impression of [Denmark] and my experiences in Denmark."

He calls on Danish journalists and politicians to see the documentary before they judge him.

http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2009/10/denmark-al-jazeera-to-air-denmark-is.html

prodeutsch
Friday, October 9th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah, and if he is danish, Angel of Death secretly admires my posts! :fdance: Seriously, is this guy for real or what? Time to hand him his walking papers! All of this immigration could so easily be prevented, like having enough children to sustain ones population! The harder part is having the will to stop immigration and conduct mass deportations!

Old Winter
Friday, October 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I want, i hope and i wish Denmark was a racist county.

And for the arab, a typical hypocrite, lets see if he likes if all of the palestinian territory gets flooded by jews from israel.

Patrioten
Friday, October 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I applaud his initiative, anything which keeps more immigrants from coming to European countries get's my seal of approval, keep it up :thumbup.

RoyBatty
Sunday, October 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Too much emphasis is being placed on Islam. Islam is only one of a series of serious problems facing Europe today. It isn't the root cause of the rot that has set in. It is a symptom of a much more sinister disease called Liberalism which is central to the plans of the Zionists and NWO to destroy our nation states by multi-kulti'ing them and dumbing them down whilst simultaneously expanding their own Jewish homeland in the Middle East.

We're denied the right to have "nation states" (it's racist etc etc) yet for them it's alright and we must learn to love and respect this because if we don't, we're "anti-Semitic".

Whilst one can only applaud Denmark's efforts at (apparently?) now trying to limit immigration I'll add that it has sadly also promoted the NWO's agenda in countries like South Africa. It seems that now the shoe is sitting on the other foot (their own) they've become less "tolerant" and self-righteous.

More countries need to follow this example assuming that it is true. However, more attention needs to be given to the root causes of the destruction of our countries and culture instead of being blinded and fixated with rabid Islamophobia as currently seems to be the case.

velvet
Sunday, October 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
More countries need to follow this example assuming that it is true. However, more attention needs to be given to the root causes of the destruction of our countries and culture instead of being blinded and fixated with rabid Islamophobia as currently seems to be the case.

But "Islamophobia" can be the trigger which probably enables more people to see through the agendas in the background.

There is this problem in the most people that they dont care as long as it doesnt happen in their own backyard. Islam and its negative results on the people DOES happen in their backyards. Realising problems got teached out of us since WWII, but Islam creates problems which cant be ignored, however hard you try to ignore them, sooner or later they affect you personaly or a member of your family or friend (being gang-raped or attacked by raiding muslim gangs etc).

Denmark is a fairly small country, where you are affected sooner by the negative effects. Islamophobia, and I honestly hope and believe that, will become the trigger for a more deeper change. It will become the necessary wake up call.

Nordlander
Sunday, October 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I just cannot wait for this "holy war " between and the arabs and jews to begin so they can destroy one another; now if somehow the blacks got involved ,,, that could be known in hockey terminoligy as a "hat trick"

Nachtengel
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009, 07:45 PM
According to Danish broadcaster DR, most of the documentary was balanced, and all parties were given equal voice.

Politicians, police, gang members from both sides of the gang conflict, regular immigrants, all got air-time on their thoughts on Denmark and the integration issue.

The movie started by saying that Denmark is one of the safest societies in Europe, but that the country had become more and more insecure in recent years due to the ongoing gang conflict between the bikers and the immigrant gangs.

This was followed by a description of how the first immigrants came to Denmark in the 60s to contribute to building the country and how refugees from the Balkans came in the 90s to live in safety in Denmark.

The movie also shows one of Denmark's asylum centers and describes how people live here for years: the program speaks with an asylum seekers from Iraq who fled Saddam Hussein's regime.

He tells that he could be killed in Iraq by soldiers very quickly, but that he's here in Denmark for an undetermined time and therefore he's dying inside but quietly.

Social minister Karen Ellemann was also interviewed in the program, and she defends the policy of the Danish government: she says that their policy is tough, but fair.

"We don't violate any conventions, but we have certain rules for those who come here," says Karen Ellemann in the movie.

After twenty minutes and a commercial break, the movie turns up the criticism of Denmark a bit.

The program explains that the first generation who came to Denmark fared well and had good sources of income. But some of the 2nd and 3rd generation have more difficulties getting a job and getting along in Denmark.

The Arab viewers were told that some immigrants who haven't fared so well get together in gangs.

The program quotes justice minister Brian Mikkelsen who says that the immigrants who cause trouble should be deported from the country.

From there the program cuts to Nørrebro to Copenhagen where different young immigrants are interviewed, anonymously. They say that the bikers shoot them like lunatics and that they hope the bikers die in hell.

The youth also say that the police sympathizes with the bikers and helps them.

The youth say that Hell's Angles are racists and that therefore they shoot them. They think that the on-going gang conflict is caused by racism.

Hell's Angels spokesperson Jørn "Jønke" Nielsen denies that and says they don't have a conflict with anybody. Instead, it's the media who's fanning the flames.

Finally the documentary turns down the criticism, and the Arab viewers meet singer and rapper Issam B from the multi-ethnic ban Outlandish.

He says he's never met racism, and that the same goes for his father who's come to Denmark.

He thinks racism isn't just a Danish problem, but an international problem.

http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2009/10/denmark-al-jazeera-movie-airs-denmark.html