PDA

View Full Version : Open Section: Questions About Germanics

Nachtengel
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 12:27 AM
I'm sure some visitors found Skadi while researching some topic on Google, through keywords. But maybe not everyone feels tempted to become a member, out of fear of being classified as a member of a "racist" forum.
So how about opening a guest section, where people can post without registering (like on Stormfront for example), and ask what they'd like to learn about Germanics?
If you fear this section would be an excuse for trolling or anti-Germanicism, posts could be moderated before they come up, if that's technically possible.

Good, or a bad idea?

Blod og Jord
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 12:34 AM
I think it's good idea,
as long as it's used for learning only.
Not other purposes to spread anti-Germanic propaganda.

Nordlander
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 12:41 AM
I'm sure some visitors found Skadi while researching some topic on Google, through keywords. But maybe not everyone feels tempted to become a member, out of fear of being classified as a member of a "racist" forum.
So how about opening a guest section, where people can post without registering (like on Stormfront for example), and ask what they'd like to learn about Germanics?
If you fear this section would be an excuse for trolling or anti-Germanicism, posts could be moderated before they come up, if that's technically possible.

Good, or a bad idea?

I personally welcome the challenge ! Resistance tones the muscles physically or intellectually.I will debate the greatness of my race and the contributions it has made to the betterment of our existance with anyone .For a jew or any other people to come onto this forum and debate their "contributions" would be more than welcome.Interested observers may sit back and learn as we shine the spotlight on the "cockroach" Und wie!

Nachtengel
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 12:45 AM
I personally welcome the challenge ! Resistance tones the muscles physically or intellectually.I will debate the greatness of my race and the contributions it has made to the betterment of our existance with anyone .For a jew or any other people to come onto this forum and debate their "contributions" would be more than welcome.Interested observers may sit back and learn as we shine the spotlight on the "cockroach" Und wie!
Well, I'm not talking about an opposing views section. Just one where people could ask things like what laws did the ancient Germanics have, or what were the six German races recognized by the NS anthropologists, or what did the Vikings use to bleach their hair. An opposing views section was already discussed, but it seems most people don't like the idea. :shrug

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=112491

Wulfram
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM
Well, I'm not talking about an opposing views section. Just one where people could ask things like what laws did the ancient Germanics have, or what were the six German races recognized by the NS anthropologists, or what did the Vikings use to bleach their hair. An opposing views section was already discussed, but it seems most people don't like the idea. :shrug

This is a good idea. I am sure that many visitors here are extemely curious and have been itching to ask a few questions. Earlier today I saw that the visitor count below had reached well over 1000. Out of those numbers I am sure there must be a few who are curious about their own heritage and related subjects.

I feel that an opposing view might not be a good idea. I'm all for the challenge myself, but If you have ever been over to Stormfront you will see that their visitor/member debates often turn nasty in a very short time, going way off the original topic.:(

Grey
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 01:27 AM
This could go either way. On the one hand, it's an opportunity to talk to those who might be curious but a little uneasy about the whole thing. On the other, I've no doubt that there will be a fair share of troublemakers.

Nachtengel
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
This could go either way. On the one hand, it's an opportunity to talk to those who might be curious but a little uneasy about the whole thing. On the other, I've no doubt that there will be a fair share of troublemakers.
If posts are moderated there will be no troublemakers. Moderation of nonregistered visitors is probably a good idea since there are spammers on the forum anyway.

Nordlander
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 01:46 AM
If there are no troublemakers all the better as we can use the time to share our knowledge and heritage ,BUT if we are attacked I will certainly not hide from it .

Bärin
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 02:40 AM
It's a good idea, I support it provided it's moderated. :thumbup

SpearBrave
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 04:11 AM
Yes it is a good idea if it is controlled. It could be a way to get a lot of new members.

Eoppoyz
Thursday, October 1st, 2009, 11:28 PM
I think it is a very good idea.

Mjolnir
Friday, October 2nd, 2009, 12:38 AM
If posts are moderated there will be no troublemakers. Moderation of nonregistered visitors is probably a good idea since there are spammers on the forum anyway.

It s a good idea to attract "new blood", who at first might be hesitant to register. As long as the trolls are controlled I can't see why not.
As far as troublemakers go, there is a chance (just like on sites like Stormfront) that the level of the discussions might drop a bit.

You can always launch a "pilot"/test for some months and see how it will work out.

Resist
Friday, October 2nd, 2009, 04:28 AM
That's a good idea. Maybe some people are put off by the political side of the forum, but they'd still like to learn something about Germanics.

Aeternitas
Friday, October 2nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
I actually like this idea much better than an opposing views forum and would be open to implement it as an experiment, though let's also see what Forseti says. Undoubtedly it should be moderated in order to avoid undesirable problems. Since new members' posts are already moderated, we are used to this system and have enough helping hands.

Thusnelda
Friday, October 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Well, I´ve a tendency to oppose the creation of an opposing views section but the idea of a moderated open question forum for unregistered visitors sounds good to me. :) So we can sort out the spam and nonsense from the useful and serious posts before allowing them to go public.

Forseti
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Sure, let's give it a try. :)

Méldmir
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009, 09:20 PM
I'm all for it, it is fun having a debate, and can give people more understanding about Skadi.

Aeternitas
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM
The new forum is located here (http://forums.skadi.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1244).

arvak
Sunday, November 15th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I think its a good idea but when replying to the questions they have asked about they might not like the answers as truth is a dangerous thing.