PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle & Weight

Hanna
Sunday, September 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I just would like to know, if one need to have a good weight in-order to ride these types of motorcycles. Please take look at the picture, I have inherited it but until now I don't have the confident to ride it, as I'm convinced you need to have a certain weight to manage these types of bikes. :(

http://i26.tinypic.com/eu509l.jpg

oakenbough
Sunday, September 6th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Which cc is the bike? all I can tell is the one in the picture is not a 125. Look at the bike racers, they are by no means heavy, it is more of a problem if you are overweight as that will make the bike top heavy. The CBR is not a heavy bike and is an easy ride.

The only thing I will warn you about is the weight of the bike, can you lift it, i.e if you were to drop it can you pick it up again. Get a couple of friends round and lower it carefully down, then try and pick it back up, if you can, then you will be fine riding it. You would be fine riding it anyway, but you don't want to be stuck somewhere when it slips of the stand.

theTasmanian
Monday, September 7th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Not really you will need Balance and some arm strength at low speed(less than 40km/h) most people falling off are going slow eg: U-turns ,parking....its embarrassing :D

as oakenbough pointed out picking it up is the hardest thing......being a nice girl :P you will no doubt find helpers at hand :D

Sturmbaon
Tuesday, September 8th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Your weight not count too much, but you will need strong muscles if the bike's weight is more than two times of your's. I'm about 80 kgs, and with that weight it's not a hard work to handle a 180 kg bike, but (as others said) standing up the bike (to wheels from ground or to stander) needs some power, but not serious if you exercise.:thumbup

Ward
Monday, September 14th, 2009, 10:10 PM
If you've never rode a motorcycle before, my advice would be to first get the hang of riding one on a little 125cc or 250cc dirt bike. Maybe someone has an old Husqvarna lying around that you could practice on. (I actually learned to ride on a Husqvarna myself. ;))

Huginn ok Muninn
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Just found this and realized it was Hanna's last post, and 3 months ago. Hope she is well and didn't get into trouble with this bike.. :|

Anselm
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I have a Motorcycle permit, but I live in NYC. And to do the DMV's test here, you have to supply a car, motorcycle, and have a licensed Motorcycle driver with you.

I just want a Triumph t100 and my license :(