PDA

View Full Version : Rudolf Steiner and Anthroposophy

Japetos
Monday, May 31st, 2004, 01:09 AM
What is your opinion about their relation to Nazism?

StrÝbog
Monday, May 31st, 2004, 05:50 AM
Well I don't know that it had any particular relationship to NS other than being an offshoot of Theosophy which supposedly influenced the early Thule Society. NS' relationship to occultism is complex, largely because each prominent NS figure had their own views on it. Himmler apparently wanted to make the SS into a mystical quasi-cult. I've heard several putative reasons for why Freemasonry was banned: because it encouraged mysticism which was not state-approved; because it was international/revolutionary; because it was 'Jewish' and so on. I think we've all heard the legends about Hitler wanting to find the Spear of Destiny and the Holy Grail and all that stuff. I've even heard that the Nazis had a human skin-bound ancient copy of the Necronomicon and other equally far-out stuff. I have a book that links the Nazis in a very paranoid manner to not only Theosophy but to Atlantean theories and Cathars/Albigensians. I don't know how much of it to take seriously.

Oskorei
Monday, August 23rd, 2004, 07:37 PM
Thery certainly influenced parts of the "Green" NS, I think both Darre and Himmler believed in biodynamic agriculture. Also the Anthroposophists were tolerated in NS Germany, unlike some other sects.

The similarities were many, like the race-theories (main difference being that Anthropos place more weight on spiritual race and reincarnation) and Blut und Boden/biodynamic agriculture.