PDA

View Full Version : Is This Type Sub-Nordic?

Matrix
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
What is this type like? Is it Nordic altered by Alpine, Nordic altered by Dinaric or both? I've heard both. Please post pictures too.

Thanks.

Thusnelda
Thursday, June 18th, 2009, 06:20 PM
The definition of Sub-Nordid (or Sub-Nordic?) I know is that it´s a mix of Nordic and Alpinid features. :)

I think a good example for that type is Kevin Kostner:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/europethread/0%20nordicthread/30_costner.jpg

Nagelfar
Friday, June 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
What is this type like? Is it Nordic altered by Alpine, Nordic altered by Dinaric or both? I've heard both. Please post pictures too.

Thanks.

Well, since Dinaric is 'Alpine + Mediterranid', and "Nordid" and "Mediterranid" are the same Aurignacian facial-cranial & body-type morphology, with mostly just some secondary feature differences, i.e. thickness of eye brows, coloration, etc. Then that would mean that saying "Nordic altered by Alpine" or "Nordic altered by Dinaric" isn't saying much of anything that different. Subnordids most likely have their own distinct cluster of secondary features putting them either more akin to the Nordic or Mediterranean side of the Nordo-mediterranid class.

Rassenhygieniker
Thursday, June 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks.

It is both.

celticviking
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Sub-Nordid

Clémence Poésy
Rosamund Pike
Lea Seydoux
Amanda Knox
Alice Bellagamba
Caroline Trentini
Calista Flockhart
Claire Borotra

Etymology:
The designation Sub-Nordic, or more precisely Subnordique, was used by Montandon to designate a central European Nordid altered by Alpinid admixture. The name has also been applied to an eastern European blended type (Deniker).

Origins:

Iron Age Nordid and Alpinid intermediate (either one predominant); in northern regions (the Be-Ne-Lux in particular) it often subsumes an unreduced Upper Palaeolithic Borreby strain.

Description:

The type is variable, and less stabilized than adjacent blends, e.g. Nordid. Consequently, the Sub-Nordid type or gradient occupies various intermediate anthropometric and morphological positions between Nordid and Alpinid.

http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/rg-sub.htm