PDA

View Full Version : Scots 'Not Tolerant' of Migrants

Nachtengel
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Scots 'not tolerant' of migrants

Scotland needs to stop fooling itself into thinking it is a tolerant and welcoming nation, a specially convened seminar is to be warned.

The event, hosted by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), will hear Scotland is to become increasingly dependent on migrant workers.

But work needs to be done to transform the country's attitudes towards migrants, the EHRC said.

The seminar will be held in Edinburgh on Wednesday.

It is being held in the light of demographic projections that suggest Scotland will face difficulties in the next 15 to 20 years with an ageing population.

But half of those surveyed for the most recent Social Attitudes Survey believed that Scotland would begin to lose its identity if more Muslims moved to the country, while 30% felt that ethnic minorities and people from Eastern Europe take jobs away from Scots.

Morag Alexander, Scottish commissioner for the EHRC, said the figures betrayed Scotland's perception of itself as a tolerant society.

And she warned the Scotland of 2030 will not be economically or socially fit for purpose unless Scots become more welcoming and tolerant of foreigners.

Continued:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8046728.stm

triedandtru
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM
It is amazing how a country can be called "not tolerant" when it wants its own people living there. Scotland wanting Scottish... goodness.

Dunkeld
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I half expected: "Scots don't tolerate the English." ;)

Continued:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8046728.stm (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc .co.uk%2F1%2Fhi%2Fscotland%2F8046728.stm )

And what is your comment? :)

Nachtengel
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM
And what is your comment? :)
I was saving it for a separate thread, but it might go here too. Lately I've been reading several articles and studies claiming this and that white nation "is racist". To me it means the same as those studies in Germany where they blame our people of being fed up with the Holocaust: an excuse to push the anti-racist agenda further and further, until it's forced on every single citizen.

Patrioten
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
What the left wants is tolerance for their own anti-European politics, and they don't care whether native Europeans have any valid reasons for being intolerant. "Tolerance", as well as "diversity", are values which the left wants us to treat as untouchable and absolute values, holy cows, that cannot be questioned or critizised. This as opposed to the values we traditionalists stand for which are to be discredited in every possible way. These "untouchable" leftist values are products of their own ideology, and unless I've missed some crucial bits of evidence to prove me wrong on this, the left is not some divine power we should all bow down to.

The left rose to power and influence on economical issues thanks to a flawed democratic system, and now they want to stand unopposed as they dictate to everyone what to think and feel on every single issue. Their ideas have no greater legitimacy than my own Conservative values and ideas, they are nothing more than a bunch of partisan hacks presenting themselves and their ideas as infallible.

I don't know about you but I'm not about to let my ideological and spiritual enemies dictate what to think and how to feel about things. Their ideas might hold sway among their own diciples, but that doesn't mean we all have to toe the party line.

Rassenhygieniker
Saturday, June 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Why should we be tolerant of them whilst they are not even tolerant of us in OUR own country? Unlike them, I can be tolerant of these “migrants” when they remain in their own countries.

Willow
Saturday, June 27th, 2009, 11:55 PM
And she warned the Scotland of 2030 will not be economically or socially fit for purpose unless Scots become more welcoming and tolerant of foreigners.

Jesus! Talk about scaremongering! I mean, this person is really resorting to scaring folk into accepting foreigners. What a traitor. Can you imagine someone making such a statement say, 60+ years ago...? She would've been for the firing squad...