PDA

View Full Version : Easy Good Food Recipies and Thoughts

ladybright
Tuesday, April 21st, 2009, 04:57 PM
I have been having trouble with my fibromyagia lately so have been making easy food and even doing some take out:(.

I will often take some bratwurst(or polish sausage) and simmer it with onion, carrots, cabbage, rutabaga and maybe an apple and sauerkraut.

No recipe easiest potato salad
Yellow potatoes are best but red or whites that are not russets work fine.
Bacon(preferably thick cut but any kind will work)
White/yellow Onion
Green onion(optional)
Good quality apple cider vinegar(important that it is not the heinz cheepo stuff)

This stays good for a week so do not be afraid of a big batch. Quantities are very adjustable to taste and what you have on hand.

I take a large pot and boil the potatoes in their skins(appox 3-4#) for about 20 miutes. Meanwhile I chop 2-3 onions and 8-12 oz bacon. I cook them together with fresh ground pepper and drain some but not all of the fat. I drain the potatoes and add 1-2 tablespoons of cider vinegar per pound. I chop it up with a wooden spoon and add the onions & bacon. If I have green onions I add them now and garnish with more.
It is tasty hot or cold. It is dairy, egg, gluten free for people on restricted diets.

What do you cook when you are tired or ill?

Zimobog
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Here is my chowder:

In a large pot, cook three diced carrots (you need about two cups) and half diced yellow onion in three tablespoons butter until soft.

Add 1-2 pounds of halibut roast or steak whole and cover with the butter and veg. Cover and cook on low, smothering the fish in the butter and veg until the fish is white and almost cooked (but still moist). Dice three or four yellow potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and have standing by.

Remove fish to a warm plate. Add four or five cups of whole milk and the potatoes, keeping temp on low. Add two cups frozen or canned corn. Flake the fish to remove any bones.

As potatoes get soft enough to pierce with fork, fold back in the halibut and let cook until even temp, but don't scald.

Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper. Feeds four.