PDA

View Full Version : Can Animals Sense Evil?

Bärin
Monday, April 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Do you think some animals, like dogs and cats, can sense evil?

I am under the impression my dog can warn me whether a person has good intentions with me or not. I've experienced it several times and now if my dog doesn't like you, I probably won't like you either.

Hersir
Monday, April 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I think they can sense if a person behaves weird. My dog gets scared when I'm drunk, cause he senses that I am different. One time when me and the first dog I had were on the train to north Norway a drug addict came walking past us, and my dog started to snarl. I think she sensed that this person was completely off, but you could tell so just by looking at him. The drug addict just looked at the dog and didn't dare to go past, so he just turned around.

Oswiu
Monday, April 13th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Every postman in Manchester is evil?!? Where do they find so many evil recruits?

Willow
Wednesday, April 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I think that animals are very good judges of character..

rainman
Friday, April 17th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Has a post been done about racist dogs yet? This is true- dogs are often racist.

Eburos
Friday, April 17th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I think it depends on the breed of dog.
I once had a Fila Brasileiro and he sensed evil in anything that moved and would try to purge it from the world!
My Labrador retriever on the other hand is a true multiculturalist.

Bärin
Friday, April 17th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Has a post been done about racist dogs yet? This is true- dogs are often racist.
Yes, I think my dog is racist. He doesn't like immigrants very much. :D

My post:

By the way is it just me, or do dogs don't really like foreigners? My Great Dane always gets nervous and angry around foreigners and barks at them, he doesn't act the same way around Germans unless they try to attack or something.

Reshki
Monday, October 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I think it's a combination of smelling pheremones (which change with mood, intention, and drug use), and picking up "vibes" (literally, their furr is as much a part of their sensory system as anything.

I've come to trust my German Shepherd/Mastiff's "doggie sense" far more than my own.

If my dog doesn't like you, I don't like you.

flâneur
Monday, October 4th, 2010, 06:44 PM
They say that dogs and children never lie...meaning they shy away from people who dont mean well.

lucid apparition
Tuesday, October 5th, 2010, 01:35 AM
I will trust my dogs before most people. They've never let me down and they don't have any hidden agenda... unless you have a pork chop in your pocket! :D

Northumbria
Friday, January 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Yes, that's why Alsatians and Dobbermans go mad at black people...or is that just because they correlate them with criminals? :D

Vulcade
Thursday, June 7th, 2012, 04:24 AM
It varies. My Border Collie is very sensitive, just looking at her in a certain way can make her really excited/happy or nervous/sad. It's like she can see into my soul.
She picks up on anger easily. In this way, she can "sense evil". She's also a moody bitch.

My CKCS is pretty oblivious to everything, though.

feisty goddess
Thursday, June 7th, 2012, 04:47 AM
I have two toy poodles. If someone gets really mad or upset, they usually act scared and concerned. I know it seems crazy to say dogs can feel emotions such as "concern" but I think it's possible. Also, if I am really impatient or stressed they seem to sense this in my mood and they bark a lot ie. if I close a door or make sudden movements.

Herr Weigelt
Thursday, June 7th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I've thought this might be true as well. I've seen dogs and cats react well to some people and not others.