PDA

View Full Version : Rune Tattoo Location Question

AngryPotato
Friday, May 14th, 2004, 05:49 AM
This is a weird question, but I need some input on it. Would a tattoo of a Thorburn/teiwaz rune be considered disrespectful to Tyr if done on the right hand? I haven't been able to locate any info about this.

WarMaiden
Sunday, May 16th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I can't imagine it would be disrespectful, once it is done with no disrespect in mind i can see no harm!

Hails ~

RusViking
Sunday, May 16th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Unlikely, considering the Heruli and Vikings pretty much decorated anything they could with runic inscriptions. I have the Elder Futhark in a band accross my left bicep/tricep...never ever considered such a representation as anything other than respect and remembrance of my ancestors.

AngryPotato
Monday, May 17th, 2004, 04:23 AM
I appreciate the answers. The rune has always been something that I've drawn on everything since childhood without knowing why. A few years ago I ran across a bag of Norse runes in a local shop and purchased it on impulse. I learned what the rune symbolized after that point and became a little more intelligent about why I have that symbol, now rune, around me. Recently I found my familyís coat of arms and gave it a closer inspection. There's a severed right hand on the coat of arms. I haven't learned why there's a severed hand yet, but it further reinforces my belief in the rune and the deity being part of my path in life. Iím not one for coincidences.