PDA

View Full Version : Iceland Tops European Birth Rate Chart

White Iceland
Tuesday, January 31st, 2006, 07:49 PM
http://www.ruv.is/main/view.jsp?branch=2574128&e342RecordID=122557&e342DataStoreID=2213589

nordnerd
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 12:35 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Not to dampen the good news, but someone once said to me that Icelanders also have a rather high abortion rate. I haven't found any stats to back that up. Is that true?

White Iceland
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 06:19 AM
I used to have abortion figures for Iceland and they were discouraging. A nationalist friend of mine suggested that the abortion issue was worth creating a public discussion over, but as with so many unglamourous subjects in Iceland, it is virtually ignored.

I wanted to create an article comparing abortion rates to foreign adoption figures in Iceland, showing that there is no need to import unwanted children from non-white nations.

nordnerd
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah imagine what the birthrate would be without the abortions! :angryfis:

The big counter would probably be, "Yeah but Iceland has the highest birth rate in Europe, a few abortions don't affect us." This is the same mentality that allowed Karnahjukar to go ahead - "We're just sacrificing a tiny bit of our natural resource for the greater good." Of course, not many Icelanders are benefitting from the damn project (pun intended) and the long term effects were never really considedred.

The abortion argument could finally start Icelanders to think of their blood as a "natural resource" or as defining their nation. Land, Tounge, and Blood.

But it also needs to be seen in the greater context of declining European birthrates too.

SaveEurope
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 05:38 PM
http://www.ruv.is/main/view.jsp?branch=2574128&e342RecordID=122557&e342DataStoreID=2213589
Does the article say what the birthrate is exactly?

Lundi
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM
The news article says:

Icelanders and Albanians have the highest birth rate in Europe.
Icelandic women give birth on average to just over 2 children which is twice the norm in Europe.

Icelandic women are now on average much older when they have their first child, five years later than three decades ago.

Dagna
Tuesday, March 24th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Iceland tops European birth rate chart

Experts credit Iceland’s recent jump in births largely to an improved parental leave policy, which allows both mothers and fathers to take time off.

Reykjavik — Iceland last year saw its birth rate jump to 2.14 children per woman, making it Europe’s most prolific country, largely due to improved parental leave, the national statistics agency said Thursday.

“The main reason is the paternity leave implemented around 2000,” Statistics Iceland spokesman Gudjon Hauksson told AFP, adding that more advantageous compensation for both mothers and fathers on leave had also contributed to the increase.

Last year, the Atlantic island nation of some 320,000 people registered 4,835 live births — an increase of 275 babies from 2007, when the birth rate stood at 2.09 children per woman, according to the statistics office.

“Only twice in the history of Iceland have there been more children born in one year, i.e. in 1960 and 1959,” it said in a statement.

Iceland thus tops the charts as Europe’s most prolific country, coming out ahead of European Union champion France where the birth rate last year stood at 2.02 children per woman.

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/2009/03/23/iceland-tops-european-birth-rate-chart/

AngloTeutonic
Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Oh wow, congrats Iceland :thumbup, hopefully the other Germanic peoples will soon follow the same path and get their numbers up.;)

Anfang
Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Italy and Russia both pay Women bonuses to have babies. Of course The German establishment has decided to fill the ranks of the laborfoce with Immigrants so they wont do that. This serves the purpose of creating opposing forces in sosiety in a formerly fairly homogenous population.

I would give every German woman a large bonus upon having a fourth child, and also give her a medal of recognition. (Yes like the Motherhood Cross, but with cash too).

Myrkvidr
Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Italy and Russia both pay Women bonuses to have babies. Of course The german establishment has decided to fill the ranks of the laborfoce with Immigrants so they wont do that. This serves the purpose of crating oposing forces in sosiety in a formerly fairly homogenous population.

I would give every german Woman a large bonus upon having a fourth child, and also give her a medal of recognition. (Yes like the Motherhood Cross, but with cash too).

I think that was one of the best ideas the NSDAP had honestly - the Motherhood Cross. The large bonus is a good idea too :thumbup

Koenigsberg
Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Iceland last year saw its birth rate jump to 2.14 children per woman

:D It's not even the replacement rate! :D

It is nothing to be excited about. Who knows, maybe it's the Poles who boosted the birth rate?

Hauke Haien
Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM
It is, just barely.

beowulf wodenson
Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 01:44 PM

It is nothing to be excited about. Who knows, maybe it's the Poles who boosted the birth rate?

Yeah, probably alien muslims that boost the "French" birthrate.
In the U.S. we have tax credits for up to a whopping two children which means the federals return a little more of our money they stole from us. Wetback mestizoes are the ones having all the children in America.:thumbdown

Sigurd
Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Reykjavik — Iceland last year saw its birth rate jump to 2.14 children per woman, making it Europe’s most prolific country, largely due to improved parental leave, the national statistics agency said Thursday.That is however still alarming. The official replacement rate is usually given at 2.10 children --- means that the "most prolific country" is just 0.04 over replacement rate, whilst all other countries are still declining in population without immigration!

In a densely populated world, especially a densely populated Europe it is perhaps best if our population doesn't sky-rocket at African rates, as we would be short of resources if we had fertility rates of 5.5 children or so.

However, we should still target a small amount of gradual growth, to maintain the age balance in an ageing society, and thus attempt to approach birth rates which perhaps rank at approx. 2.7 to 3.1 children per woman, or perhaps at least 2.5. ;)

CordeliaforLear
Friday, March 27th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Paying women to have babies results in a dysgenic situation where the lowest classes proliferate. Germany and Russia are not taking the correct course.

A more sustainable and appropriate course of action would be to eliminate the generational wealth transfer (social security), therefore rendering child birth an asset instead of a liability.

This is THE most essential action European man has to take to regain our natural course and destiny.

Koenigsberg
Friday, March 27th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Paying women to have babies results in a dysgenic situation where the lowest classes proliferate. Germany and Russia are not taking the correct course.

A more sustainable and appropriate course of action would be to eliminate the generational wealth transfer (social security), therefore rendering child birth an asset instead of a liability.

This is THE most essential action European man has to take to regain our natural course and destiny.

I don't see why, if that were the case, you would have any more than one child. Plus, the people would be angered and the current governments couldn't take the pressure without being sly about its introduction.

CordeliaforLear
Saturday, March 28th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I don't see why, if that were the case, you would have any more than one child. Plus, the people would be angered and the current governments couldn't take the pressure without being sly about its introduction.

Well realistically, in the US at least, the SS system is bankrupt and will not give back to our generation. Plus the SS system has only been around since 1870 so it is hard to imagine that we are incapable of living without it.

Without SS children go from being liabilities to assets immediately, as children are the only ones that will help mothers and fathers in their old age. This will strengthen the bonds of tribal/racial ties within European civilization.

This has been historically predictive, as family sizes have decreased when welfare state largess/high taxation has been introduced into society.

Slætartind
Monday, May 25th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Well I have to disappoint you. Faroe Islands tops the birthrate in Europe but I´m sure Iceland is not far behind. In Faroe Islands 2,5 children are born per women.

Dagna
Monday, May 25th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Well I have to disappoint you. Faroe Islands tops the birthrate in Europe but I´m sure Iceland is not far behind. In Faroe Islands 2,5 children are born per women.
Thank you for the correction, I was not aware of that. Do you happen to have any sources handy?

Huginn ok Muninn
Monday, May 25th, 2009, 06:09 AM

I read something very disappointing recently.. that the Faroes lead Europe in number of non-European children adopted into the country. Could the 2.5 figure include these children?

Some brain-dead lawyer is the activist behind this influx. How is it that one person is allowed to subvert and destroy a whole people in this way, while anyone opposing him is slurred and slandered and imprisoned? Time for a revolution against any government that behaves in such a way.

Slætartind
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Thank you for the correction, I was not aware of that. Do you happen to have any sources handy?

Yeah..This is from the nordic council webpage.
http://www.norden.org/pub/ovrigt/statistik/sk/N2008001.pdf

Statisics over the nordic countries 2008.
And if you go down to page 33/34 you can see a table.

2,52 births per woman for faroe isladns and
and 2,1 in Icleand.

Both it´s also very high for both countries..
The birth rate in southern europe is very low compared.

But offcourse Faroe Isladns is not counted in always in all kind of statsitics because we are still in a union with Denmark pluss we´re pretty small. But we have lots of positive statistics :)

triedandtru
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Iceland tops European birth rate chart

Experts credit Iceland’s recent jump in births largely to an improved parental leave policy, which allows both mothers and fathers to take time off.

Reykjavik — Iceland last year saw its birth rate jump to 2.14 children per woman, making it Europe’s most prolific country, largely due to improved parental leave, the national statistics agency said Thursday.

“The main reason is the paternity leave implemented around 2000,” Statistics Iceland spokesman Gudjon Hauksson told AFP, adding that more advantageous compensation for both mothers and fathers on leave had also contributed to the increase.

Last year, the Atlantic island nation of some 320,000 people registered 4,835 live births — an increase of 275 babies from 2007, when the birth rate stood at 2.09 children per woman, according to the statistics office.

“Only twice in the history of Iceland have there been more children born in one year, i.e. in 1960 and 1959,” it said in a statement.

Iceland thus tops the charts as Europe’s most prolific country, coming out ahead of European Union champion France where the birth rate last year stood at 2.02 children per woman.

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/2009/03/23/iceland-tops-european-birth-rate-chart/

This is wonderful news, or at least to me, especially since to my knowledge Iceland is the only country to acknowledge Asatru or Odinism openly and recognize it as one of the religions of their nation. Iceland seems very dedicated to its history and interested in cultural conservation. :)

Slætartind
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009, 03:25 AM
I read something very disappointing recently.. that the Faroes lead Europe in number of non-European children adopted into the country. Could the 2.5 figure include these children?

Some brain-dead lawyer is the activist behind this influx. How is it that one person is allowed to subvert and destroy a whole people in this way, while anyone opposing him is slurred and slandered and imprisoned? Time for a revolution against any government that behaves in such a way.

Yeah that is right. Maybe we should take that more serious.

Our politicians are stupid. We need realy to replace those we have, never too late. I don´t see the adoption question as severe or anything.
But politicians here should get a grip on themselfs. They are so un-serious and should work much more serious on important issues like edeucation, upgrading our coast guard and stuff and on lots of other stuff that i could spend hours talking about..

ohh well back to topic Faroe Islands has pretty few non europeans living there yet compared to places such as Sweden and Denmark who has alot of immigrants unfortunatly . and it´s mostly Muslims!!!
But thanks for noticing.