PDA

View Full Version : An Independent State for Germanics in South Africa?

Dagna
Saturday, March 14th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Do you believe a movement of secession like in Belgium would be an alternative to moving to Europe or the USA? Do you believe in an independent state for Germanics in South Africa? Where would it be located and how big would it be?

Stormraaf
Saturday, March 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
For all SA Germanics, no, not at the moment. Only for Afrikaners, though I can't imagine that any Volkstaat proponents would deny Anglo-Africans some degree of inclusion if it ever came to it.

Due to disagreement as to where such a state would be, there is more than one such movement, but none of these are well-supported. The difference between SA and Belgium is that we are dispersed all over the country, with no region's majority consisting of Germanics.

I'd like to believe in this alternative. My avatar even sports the flag associated with one of the proposed regions for a Volkstaat. I doubt the idea ever seeing the light of day, though. A lot would have to change in both the current political climate and the hearts and minds of SA Germanics.

Sigurd
Saturday, March 14th, 2009, 10:32 PM
For all SA Germanics, no, not at the moment. Only for Afrikaners, though I can't imagine that any Volkstaat proponents would deny Anglo-Africans some degree of inclusion if it ever came to it.

What about those of German heritage, who I remember to be smaller in number than either Afrikaners or English-descended but recall my stepfather mentioning as at least 20 years ago being reasonably sizeable; we also had a German-descended childhood friend of his visit the other year but I forgot to ask about how the German-descended were faring at large. :(

Stormraaf
Saturday, March 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM
What about those of German heritage, who I remember to be smaller in number than either Afrikaners or English-descended but recall my stepfather mentioning as at least 20 years ago being reasonably sizeable; we also had a German-descended childhood friend of his visit the other year but I forgot to ask about how the German-descended were faring at large. :(

Afrikaners, and especially Boers, have long favoured Germans over Anglos. ;)

Admittedly, I don't have any good answers regarding the other Germanic groups. Advocating a Volkstaat is usually concerned with who is included, not excluded.

Consider, though, such a German's interaction with society. He/she would either have learned to speak Afrikaans (as it used to be) or English (as it is nowadays) and have been somewhat assimilated into one of the two groups. It wouldn't be difficult to find a pretense for claiming the German belongs to one national group or the other.

"One of us! One of us!" :P

Lewensywer
Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, 10:38 AM
An African Germanic state might be the best way to describe the vision of the Afrikaner. Most Afrikaners can follow their ancestry to Northern Europe. I myself is 10% Danish, 30% French, 30% Dutch and 30% German. The general philosophy is that a group should choose who they feel at ease to include in the group. This is a more dynamic process. Germans supporting the values of Afrikaners would from my perspective be welcomed with open arms. Yes, we believe an independent state is not just plausible but a prerequisite for the survival of our culture, language and history. The real problem is where such a territory should be since the Afrikaner is dispersed throughout South Africa.

Rooikat
Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
The only problem with a volkstaat is that we have no say. In the current political situation the opposition parties can not even do something about a wrong electricity bill, which you have to pay for, even if you know that they are scewing you blind folded. The government is trying to seize land from the boers, and they are very successful. Get off the land of your forefathers or the hoards will wipe you out. The politics are very simple, thousands of boers have died a torturous death by so called criminals. The government wants the world to believe farm attacks are nothing else than criminal activity. Tha ANC has an image of being the saviours of Africa, the best thing since Christ. They see what is happening north of the border in Zimbabwe and dont want to publicly tarnish their image. Blame it all on crime if you can not blame it on Apartheid. It is a win win situation, the land goes barren in the hands of the african, the multi-national corporations can corrupt and everybody makes money except the dead Afrikaner. The government will never give the Afrikaner a homeland, because it poses a threat. The Afrikaner will prosper in a homeland, and the whole of Africa and the a selected few in power of the world would like to see the Afrikaner vanish from the face of the planet. Money rules the world and an Afrikaner homeland will make it harder to fill the pockets of the corrupters, therefore the Afrikaner will have no backing to insist on a homeland. We are currently tourists in the land of our forefathers and our visas have an expiry date stamped on it. The ANC will never give the Afrikaner a chance to become a formidable nation again. If they are going about seizing land at a formidable rate why would the give away a portion of South Africa without a war.

forkbeard
Friday, March 27th, 2009, 01:12 AM
The Boers should just hang in there. Botswana and Namibia seem quite good. They have low population density there and the Kaffirs are dying like flies from HIV. Give it a couple of generations, a few more HIV mutations and the Bantu will be extinct. Patience.

rainman
Friday, March 27th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Band up into groups. Get weapons. Fortify your land. Set traps on it. If they kill you bring as many down as possible with you. In my experience blacks/criminals are usually cowards anyway. Die laughing.

This defeatist attitude makes one ashamed to be white. In then end all you can do in life is struggle. Whether you win or loose does not matter- give it 100% of what you got. Worrying or considering yourself already beat accomplishes nothing.

As for a homeland I would go somewhere where there are the least amount of people right now or least non-whites and where the land is still good for farming and such. U.S. and west europe will collapse soon enough then who will back the terrorists? Patience.

About electric: set up your own power. Renewable energy is getting very affordable now. Seperate from the degenerate society as much as possible. Its the only way you can remain healthy.

Lewensywer
Friday, March 27th, 2009, 06:45 AM
As for a homeland I would go somewhere where there are the least amount of people right now or least non-whites and where the land is still good for farming and such.

Rainman, I like your attitude. Many Afrikaners are indoctrinated to be ashamed of their heritage. They are made to believe they owe the rest of the world their sins. Action is the force that will make a difference, not a weak attitude of hopelessness.

In terms of your suggestion, the area identified by the Freedom Front Plus is a area that is the least densely populated. We need a coordinated body that starts the movement to settle in this area. If a critical mass begins this movement there will be no stop to a homeland for the Afrikaners. You can not break the spirit of the people if they band together.

Rooikat
Friday, March 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
The average Afrikaner do not give a damm about the government or the so called democratic constitution. The government think they rule the country, but they do not rule the Afrikaner, they never will, not even the Mighty British Empire could break the spirit of the Afrikaner or rule us to their satisfaction. My family has been on this continent since the late sixteen hundreds, and wish as they might they can not make us vanish. To create a homeland you need lots of capital to buy land from willing sellers, set up industries, farms and infrastructure. The Afrikaner has the know how, we built a country from scratch, just look at a sattelite foto of Africa taken at night. Only south Africa is vissible. The rest of Africa is one dark mass. The only true way of making sure the Afrikaner gets a homeland is by stopping the genocide being committed on white farmers. For every hectare of land seized by the hoards it makes it more difficult to embark on the road for an Afrikaner homeland.

Horagalles
Saturday, March 28th, 2009, 05:49 PM
For all SA Germanics, no, not at the moment. Only for Afrikaners, though I can't imagine that any Volkstaat proponents would deny Anglo-Africans some degree of inclusion if it ever came to it.... They would however be expected to [/FONT]

Due to disagreement as to wheresuch a state would be, there is more than one such movement, but none of these are well-supported. The difference between SA and Belgium is that we are dispersed all over the country, with no region's majority consisting of Germanics.
There is territorial dominance in certain areas. But where Whites were active, Blacks did move to, for economic reasons. I see the disagreement over territory as a sympton and not the cause of disunity or lack of support. The problem is that the vast majority of Whites in South Africa hasn't really understood and envisioned the concept of a "Volksstaat". In their minds they still dwelled in the "old South Africa", rather then actually having embraced the multicultural, unitary "New South Africa".

I'd like to believe in this alternative. My avatar even sports the flag associated with one of the proposed regions for a Volkstaat. I doubt the idea ever seeing the light of day, though. A lot would have to change in both the current political climate and the hearts and minds of SA Germanics.That is the main prerequisite and not funding, organisational unity, agreement on borders and the like.
Any political movement can only succeed, when the intellectual class of the target group shares at least the key tennets of its vision. Additionally there is an cultural/emotional drive that needs to exist in order to make the move in the direction this political movement proposes.

Gutbrand
Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hi. To get some insight into the current and future state of affairs in South Africa - the best site I can recommend is www.intersearch.co.za - this is a site by a Geostrategist - who advises big companies who would like to invest in Southern Africa.

Before analysing this - keep in mind that the South African population is mixed in the sense that you almost get all ethnic groups everywhere. The reason for this is historic - when the white man ruled the country he made use of black labour...

What is happening in South Africa today is a total collapse of municipal governments, a big "brain drain" (whites leaving Africa), together with a huge number of deaths (HIV), political instability and a government who does not really oppose the killing of white farmers who provide jobs and food.

For the Afrikaner-Boer nation to be free, it has to establish an acceptable state in world terms, or be so isolated that it will become backward. The only way to govern yourself through democracy - is to become the majority in a certain part of the country. You can only do this if you look to your own kind for all labour - otherwise you might as well not start the process at all. This ia MAJOR obstacle for many "Germanic" South Africans, as they have never really done their own dirty work. It is very interesting that exactly this point - foreign labour - is the reason why the USA and Europe is also in the mess it is in in terms of nation states...

It is acceptable for a group to flock together and to work together in order to achieve such a goal. However, this idea is more than 20 years old already in South Africa - and 700 people are living this ideal in the Northern Cape province in the town of Orania which is the first "model" town in the area.

However, there are more than 3 million Afrikaners (of whom about 1.2 million can claim Boer ancestry) - and yet Orania has only 700 inhabitants...

It is a difficult choice in the first place to stay in a country which are collapsing, and then living an ideal which 99% do not support in word or deed...

Orania will not be able to make it alone.

I personally think that it is POSSIBLE to get back our independence one more. I do not - however, think that we will get the support in deeds - that what we really need - to achieve this goal. Nevertheless, to live for a dream like this makes life worthwhile to a certain degree - rather than just giving up all hope.

Do any of you know of any other similar projects around the world?

Regards

Gutbrand van die Berge

Piepalook
Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
The average Afrikaner do not give a damm about the government or the so called democratic constitution. The government think they rule the country, but they do not rule the Afrikaner, they never will, not even the Mighty British Empire could break the spirit of the Afrikaner or rule us to their satisfaction. My family has been on this continent since the late sixteen hundreds, and wish as they might they can not make us vanish. To create a homeland you need lots of capital to buy land from willing sellers, set up industries, farms and infrastructure. The Afrikaner has the know how, we built a country from scratch, just look at a sattelite foto of Africa taken at night. Only south Africa is vissible. The rest of Africa is one dark mass. The only true way of making sure the Afrikaner gets a homeland is by stopping the genocide being committed on white farmers. For every hectare of land seized by the hoards it makes it more difficult to embark on the road for an Afrikaner homeland.

Spoken like a true Afrikaner. Our spirit cannot be extinguished. We will prevail.

We started a website a month ago to try and unite the Afrikaners and Boere. Incredibly, we grew to become the third biggest Afrikaans forum on SA topsites. I shows that we are not alone in our craving for freedom.

forkbeard
Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 10:27 PM
The 2006 death rate of blacks from Aids in South Africa was something like 593,000. The 2007 death rate was 603,000. This is a yearly casualty rate nearing the casualty rate of the US Civil war. Boers must hang in there even if a few thousand farmers are killed. Its a price worth paying for having a legitimate Germanic territorial claim.
As soon as any country in Europe is freed from anti-White Internationalism it will almost immediately be subject to sanctions and be in need of resources and living space. South Africa is the logical place to interfere.
I forsee a restoration of White rule in South Afrika as inevitable, either through European interference at some future date or the extinction of the negro.