PDA

View Full Version : The Body After Birth

Bärin
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 01:41 PM
This is a gross topic, so I warn you to stay away if you're squeamish. :P

During pregnancy I gained some weight, I wouldn't say I'm a fatty now but I have a big butt. Should I be worried? I'd like to lose some weight but not starve me. What is the best and safest way to lose weight after birth?

Second my skin itches me sometimes and it has become more "oily" and my hair becomes dirty faster too I have to wash it every other day if I want it to be clean looking. Is this a hormonal problem?

My husband teases me, he says welcome to the world of mothers with big butts, sagged boobs and unsexy appearance. :P

What I am trying to ask is, will my body ever get back to normal? Argh! :mad

Blood_Axis
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 01:52 PM
During pregnancy I gained some weight, I wouldn't say I'm a fatty now but I have a big butt. Should I be worried?

Sounds very natural :)

I'd like to lose some weight but not starve me. What is the best and safest way to lose weight after birth?

I think a combination of a balanced diet and exercise.

Second my skin itches me sometimes and it has become more "oily" and my hair becomes dirty faster too I have to wash it every other day if I want it to be clean looking. Is this a hormonal problem?

Totally hormonal! It will wear off by itself, give your body sometime to adjust. ;)

My husband teases me, he says welcome to the world of mothers with big butts, sagged boobs and unsexy appearance. :P

Smack him! :stick :D

What I am trying to ask is, will my body ever get back to normal? Argh! :mad

Surely, especially since you're so young and everything. Just give it some time, and try to exercise. :)

Sigurd
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM
If you are breast-feeding then I would suggest perhaps not slimming yourself down too quickly after birth. Your son needs the nutrition, he's not going to get much milk, nor much out of the milk if you're just going to eat a handful of pretzel and some crisp bread. :P

Other than that, it should usually normalise itself within a while. Just eat healthy, do some exercise, and you should continuously be getting back to your previous weight. It doesn't need doing it radically but if you watch what you're eating (again if you are breast-feeding important to watch that you consider your boy in that) then it's a matter of nature that by the end of the year, your bum definitely won't "look big in this". ;)

My husband teases me, he says welcome to the world of mothers with big butts, sagged boobs and unsexy appearance.

Tease him back and say, "Old man, when I still look youthful and sexy for 35, you're going to be in wrinkles with skin sagging in parts you don't want them to sag, ready to take your geriatric tablet for breakfast." :D

Oh what am I doing here discarding male solidarity? No don't do that then! :-O

Blood_Axis
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
As for the big butt, it's the result of a woman's hips widening for birth. Don't worry, they'll fall back into shape soon ;)

ladybright
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Please breastfeed your son if possible. It is wonderful for him and very slimming for you. Your hips, thighs and buttocks have fat that your body is trying to save for making milk.

If you carry him in a sling/frontpack you will keep him happy and give you some muscle building exercise. Being strong will help avoid back pain from lifting your son as he grows. Getting some decent sleep will help with your energy and motivation if you can get it.

At your age you will probably be back to your original shape within nine months. A lot depends on your genetics and overall health. Some women look like maidens after two months but most take a little longer. One year after my daughter was born I was fitter and two sizes smaller then I was before I got pregnant. Fourteen months after my son I weigh just under what I did before getting pregnant but still want to get in better shape.

Bärin
Monday, March 16th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

Just to let you know, I do breastfeed. In the maternity there was a woman who had some problems with the milk and couldn't breastfeed because she was sick and could contaminate the baby. I was afraid of something like that to happen to me, but I am fine and I can breastfeed. I don't want to starve me like I said, just maybe have a proportional diet to prevent me from getting fatter and lose weight later. So with all categories of foods needed.