PDA

View Full Version : Recent Germanic Immigration to South Africa

Dagna
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I know many South Africans decide to leave their country and immigrate to Europe, the USA or other Germanic countries in search for a better life. But does it ever happen vice versa? Do Germanics from Europe, the USA or other countries ever immigrate to South Africa, and if they do, why?

(I am not talking about the historical immigration, naturally.)

Stormraaf
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I've only met one immigrant German in SA, and he moved here because of his Afrikaner wife (whom he met while she was in Germany on a working holiday). I gather that today he has become somewhat racially aware, although that was not always the case - before the move he had multicultarist views, and I'm willing to bet such people are more likely to have illusions about living in the "rainbow nation".

Nachtengel
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I gather that today he has become somewhat racially aware, although that was not always the case - before the move he had multicultarist views, and I'm willing to bet such people are more likely to have illusions about living in the "rainbow nation".
That's not surprising. Many of the multiculturalists have no experience with the "rainbow". Once they come in contact with packs of Negroes and other foreigners they start becoming "racist".

Sigurd
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009, 04:28 PM
At this point in time, I cannot see Germanics move into South Africa in masses ... except as stressed those who want to live in a "Rainbow Nation", just to realise the falsehood of that belief.

30-40 years ago, during Apartheid, there was a greater immigration into South Africa, and English, Dutch and Germans continued to come to South Africa to live. My stepfather grew up in South Africa for the most part and says there was a vibrant and growing German community in Cape Town (where he lived) at the time. ;)

Now, obviously with fortunes changed down there in South Africa, most Germanic inhabitants are waiting to leave rather than waiting to get into the country. Any person not deluded by Multicult dreams knows that it's not exactly a pleasant country for any Germanic, or even White person to come to these days.

Dagna
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I've only met one immigrant German in SA, and he moved here because of his Afrikaner wife (whom he met while she was in Germany on a working holiday). I gather that today he has become somewhat racially aware, although that was not always the case - before the move he had multicultarist views, and I'm willing to bet such people are more likely to have illusions about living in the "rainbow nation".
I believe it was you or teuton who mentioned that the prices are much lower than in Europe. Could that be a possible reason for Europeans to be interested in starting businesses in South Africa for instance? Perhaps Europeans should consider such a possibility and improve the infrastructure and life conditions in South Africa. What do you think?

Sigurd
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Could that be a possible reason for Europeans to be interested in starting businesses in South Africa for instance?

Business expansion in South Africa has always been interesting for European businesses. I remember that my grandfather said that he was once requested by leading bosses of his firm to open one a daughter-firm down there, though my grandfather had to respectfully decline on that offer. Must have been approx. 1985 or 1990 or sth. ;)

Perhaps Europeans should consider such a possibility and improve the infrastructure and life conditions in South Africa. What do you think?

Infrastructure was top notch and up to date pre-1994. ;)

Stormraaf
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I believe it was you or teuton who mentioned that the prices are much lower than in Europe.
To the best of my knowledge, living costs are lower, but one has to speculate how this might change when SA loses the ability to feed itself and the currency starts dropping again.

Could that be a possible reason for Europeans to be interested in starting businesses in South Africa for instance? Perhaps Europeans should consider such a possibility and improve the infrastructure and life conditions in South Africa. What do you think?
I don't know - there'd be considerable risk as to the stability of the economic environment. Consider, for example, what might happen if the current regime loses power and its militant supporters start a civil war. Also, once a business is based in SA, it is subject by law to "Black Economic Empowerment".

Infrastructure was top notch and up to date pre-1994. ;)
Indeed, people capable of improving the infrastructure and life conditions in SA are actually here, they're just being chased away or kept out of decision-making positions.

In my opinion, even if it was convenient for Europeans to move to SA, doing so now would just be betraying their soil, as it would contribute to losing the numbers game against aliens on their home turf.

Bärin
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I agree with Stormraaf, the Europeans moving to rainbow Africa would be traitors. What for anyway? To get abused, robbed and raped by Negroes? Besides, now you can enjoy the "richness" of multiculturalism at home, you don't have to go all the way to Africa for it.

RoyBatty
Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 10:45 PM
That's not surprising. Many of the multiculturalists have no experience with the "rainbow". Once they come in contact with packs of Negroes and other foreigners they start becoming "racist".

We have a classic joke in SA.

Question:
What's the difference between a tourist and a racist?

Answer
15 minutes in Joh'Burg! :D

I believe it was you or teuton who mentioned that the prices are much lower than in Europe. Could that be a possible reason for Europeans to be interested in starting businesses in South Africa for instance? Perhaps Europeans should consider such a possibility and improve the infrastructure and life conditions in South Africa. What do you think?

Prices in SA aren't that competitive as far as I'm aware. The cost of living is also pretty high vs typical salaries there. The infrastructure used to be (and still is) fairly good. Parts of SA used to be developed to First World standards.

Unfortunately things have been sliding since Mandela (he who walks on water) and co. took over the show. "Improving" things will be near impossible. Once in Africa and under African rules one needs to adapt to THEIR ways of operating, not the other way around.

Getting past the affirmative action, corruption and ineptitude barriers are going to be near impossible.

I know many South Africans decide to leave their country and immigrate to Europe, the USA or other Germanic countries in search for a better life. But does it ever happen vice versa? Do Germanics from Europe, the USA or other countries ever immigrate to South Africa, and if they do, why?

(I am not talking about the historical immigration, naturally.)

There are a lot of Germans in SA. One of the reasons being that Namibia (neighbouring country) used to be a German colony and still has a fair sized German presence. A lot of them have interests in South Africa as well.

There were efforts at immigration to SA from Europe after WW2 but the National Party Govt in SA at the time blocked this because they feared losing power and influence under the weight of foreign arrivals. In retrospect this was a mistake......

I'm not sure how many Western Europeans head for SA but don't think there'd be too many of them. From what I understand there are more Eastern Europeans who moved there due to poor economic conditions or wars where they were from.

Huginn ok Muninn
Tuesday, May 5th, 2009, 07:16 AM
If I was king of the world, I would force every multicult government official in the West to move to what once was a White middle class neighborhood in Johannesburg. No limos, no guards, no special treatment.. they just have to live like ordinary Whites do when they are not filthy rich there.

I think our immigration problems would cease pretty quickly.

TheGreatest
Tuesday, May 5th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Amusing isn't it? Our staunchest supporters of multi-culturalism are those who live in gated communities (i.e. the Banking Executive / Politician / Actor), who send their children to private schools (whom are staffed by white Roman Catholic teachers) and if going on humanitarian mission in Africa, will bring their own bottled food and food and are heavily protected by an armed entourage.

Things never change do they? Such a phenomena, to my understanding, occurred in the ancient Empires of Babyalon, Egypt, et al. The residential population is either destroyed through starvation (unwilling to lower their living standards) or miscegenation, and the rich upper class is usually massacred once the non-whites get bold enough to attack the guarded compounds. :D

Rooikat
Tuesday, May 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
In South Africa the leaders of the people, namely the supporters of multi-culturalism and guardians of the so called rainbow nation, drive in large blue light gangs on the freeways. The VIP will have about four to six cars protecting him....and if you keep in your lane as the traffic laws insist, they will shoot you or ram you off the road. These officials who preach a better life for all, will not when being injured have to rely on their well staffed state hospitals, or leave their childrens education in the hands of the well trained teachers in state schools. The more things change the more they stay the same.