PDA

View Full Version : Who is Germanic and Why?

Ormus
Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I realize there may be similar threads, but just reading certain post here or there I have noticed a pattern of exclusion by some or posts that are more inclusive.
Just to get some ideas floating...

1. Someone who has Germanic physical traits, Lighter skin, hair, eyes.

2. An individula who speaks a Germanic language as their mother tongue(many problems with this hypothesis, but to each their own.)

3. Someone who is linguistically as well as culturally Germanic.

4. Someone better be all of the above to be Germanic.

I realize these are just some basic principles, but I listed them just to get the thread moving on the righ track.

rainman
Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Germanic is a loose concept. Racially it portends to ancestry among the Germanic tribes (English, Dutch, German, Swedish etc.). There can be a great variation of people who are Germanic. A Germanic person in Germany may not be the same as in Iceland but there is great similarity. Light features I think would be more Nordic as there are many darker Germans.

I don't think there's a lot of unity. Groups need to be formed which protect Germanic nature because obviously the nations aren't doing it anymore. These groups may vary in their definition or goals. Yet they all have a common ancestor and general phenotype.

Ormus
Monday, March 9th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Germanic is a loose concept. Racially it portends to ancestry among the Germanic tribes (English, Dutch, German, Swedish etc.). There can be a great variation of people who are Germanic. A Germanic person in Germany may not be the same as in Iceland but there is great similarity. Light features I think would be more Nordic as there are many darker Germans.

I don't think there's a lot of unity. Groups need to be formed which protect Germanic nature because obviously the nations aren't doing it anymore. These groups may vary in their definition or goals. Yet they all have a common ancestor and general phenotype.

Would there be much racial difference between the Celtic people and Germanics then?
Besides linguistics the Celts and Germans of Europe shared many boundaries and melted into one another. Y-dna shows there are Germanics with R1b branches while Celts are more exclusively R1b but of different branches.

Good site below for the different haplogroups their distribution and which tribes or ethnicities they are most likely associated with.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml

Hauke Haien
Monday, March 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I see Germanic people as an ethno-cultural horizon that achieved greater homogeneity through prolonged endogamy within its social sub-spaces. Based on a perverted form of Anglo-Germanic culture and values, there is currently a concerted attempt to expand this horizon across the greater part of the globe and overextend its reach by including radically alien and harmful racial and cultural forms of life. Contrary to what is advertised, this is not motivated by philanthropic desires rather than the anti-human character of short-term profiteering that attacks racism as an expression of human nature and an obstacle to its designs.

Nevertheless, social reality is determined by both kinship and culture. To divorce them from each other is nothing more than a mind trick; as a public policy it is the epitome of social degeneration.

rainman
Monday, March 9th, 2009, 09:21 PM
There is no race without a community. Without a racial organization, nation or some form of community none of us have a race. All we have is our heritage. So the group determines who is eligible to join the group. People's individual opinions may vary.

It's like an onion I guess- there are different layers of relation. To draw the line of "race" is when you say there is a fundamental difference between us that by our very nature we are completely different and the mixing of the two will destroy the unique nature that we possess. Just because we are the same race doesn't mean we are the same, but just that we are compatable with each other and similar enough that our blood can mix without it producing grandchildren that are of a fundamentally different nature. As a race we have common values, common instinct, common abilities (minimal intelligence and such), common culture (though this may vary it is similar enough), and so on. We still should realize our tribal and regional differences but we realize they are not as fundamental as race- people from different regions can intermarry over the course of time for example.

I don't feel I am the same as many "Aryans". But I feel they are similar enough that with proper eugenics if they joined a common racial organization over the course of generations they can be made to conform. They also share a more common recent history with me. That's why slavs, celts etc. I think are compatable with Germanic civilization. Not becaue they are the same but they are similar enough that with proper eugenics they can be brought into the fold. I don't think we really have a Germanic race alive anywhere. We just have the sick remnants of a race. We need to revive, we need a new evolution of the folk to have it reborn. The Nazis tried this and failed. But its really the only way. I don't see a modern German who has been selectively bred to be weak and docile and conditioned by 1,000 years of Christianity to be truly German. I don't think any of us really are ideal or even close at this point in history. We need a nation or something that has standards that reflect our racial goals. I suppose we need organizations.

So I focus on Aryo-Germanic racially and tribalism locally.

Huginn ok Muninn
Friday, April 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I consider Germanic people to be those whose ancestry is (with practical exclusivity) ethnically from those tribes which identified themselves as Germanic kindred 2000 years ago. This includes ethnic Dutch, Germans, Scandinavians, and non-Celtic English people (and mixtures thereof.) There are gray areas of course.. people from wandering tribes who remained European but mixed more or less with other European groups, such as the French, Spanish, and Italians. There are a few very German-looking people from those places.

If you asked who the most purely Germanic people are, I would probably say the Friesens. (That should spark discussion ;) )