PDA

View Full Version : A couple of hairy questions

Renwein
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 05:15 PM
just two things i was wondering about, on all the examples i've seen in european classification for northern europeans the examples tend to have straight, blonde hair. so I was wondering...

I) what sub-type do red heads fall under? I think all the redheads i've met seem fairly facially similar... What group(s) does rufosity occur most in? also, any information about the origins of read-headedness would be nice...

II) What about curly hair? Lots of europeans have , wavy-to-frizzy hair, of various shades. So I was wondering about the origins of euro-curliness, of course ;) Nicole Kidman for example is given as a good 'tronder' example, in the photo on nordish.com her hair is straight/blonde looking, although in reality it is very frizzy (and also red ;) )

Your help appreciated :)

Phill
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
If i remember right, Brunns (particularly Irish types) seem to be known for having red head, and also for having curly hair.

Other than that, I don't know too much about the origins of either.

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Hi Katyushia,

I am also a redhead and my hair has a natural wave to it. If you ask for classifications and you're a redhead, you will be called a Brünn most of the time, maybe a Trřnder (Brünn + Nordic mix). But don't listen! People see red hair and automatically scream "Brünn" and some others even think we are survivors of the Neanderthals. :D

Redheads come in all subtypes.

-Sigrun

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 02:57 AM
I think we chould consider the idea of an alleged Neanderthal-red head connetion without saying that red-heads are Neanderthal. Several members of my family have red hair but it would not bother me in the slightest if it were proven to have originated with Neanderthals (and it is not proven in my mind). There was something on red-heads with a totally different view on this in the Genetics and Microbiology section as well as the possible Neanderthal origin in the first Anthropology sub-forum a few weeks back.

It is usually said that extreme Western Europe, parts of Britian (Scottland), Ireland, and Norway have the highest percentages of red hair. This causes speculation concerning the Bruenn people as an origin but it also seems to be found in Keltic Nordics.

Renwein
Friday, May 14th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Ok, thanks, things are (only a little ;) ) clearer, btw Sigrun my hair is not red (it's blonde) but there seem to be a lot of redheads about in my region so, I was curious :)

Can Halstatts have curly hair?

Allenson
Friday, May 14th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Hi Katyushia,

I am also a redhead and my hair has a natural wave to it. If you ask for classifications and you're a redhead, you will be called a Brünn most of the time, maybe a Trřnder (Brünn + Nordic mix). But don't listen! People see red hair and automatically scream "Brünn" and some others even think we are survivors of the Neanderthals. :D

Redheads come in all subtypes.

-Sigrun

Well, the untrained eye might only see or say Brunn. :P

I've seen red haired Faelids, Nordics, Norics, Anglo-Saxons, Keltics and Borrebys. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a red haired Mediterranean. :-O

It does seem to be so, that Irish Brunns and Troenders have the highest occurances of red hair...and often with a wave and/or curl.

There are also rufus pockets in Russia from what I've read.

You may just be part Neanderthalette. ;)

Renwein
Friday, May 14th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Running through a few websites I guess this image is what pretty much all of the redheads I know are (fairly!) close to in appearance. Is this a 'typical' redhaired Brünn?
http://dougbarber.com/red/wench2j.jpg

Dalonord, would you say the girl in your current avatar is Halstatt, or Anglo-Saxon (or what?) i'm just trying to figure what sub-type i best fit into (I think either of those, maybe I should go and start measuring my head...), and she seems to be fairly similar in facial apperance/skin tone, and hair texture/pigmentation to myself, although her nose looks to be a bit bigger than mine.

Allenson
Friday, May 14th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Dalonord, would you say the girl in your current avatar is Halstatt, or Anglo-Saxon (or what?) i'm just trying to figure what sub-type i best fit into (I think either of those, maybe I should go and start measuring my head...), and she seems to be fairly similar in facial apperance/skin tone, and hair texture/pigmentation to myself, although her nose looks to be a bit bigger than mine.

Well, she is certainly Nordid. The question is, what type of Nordid. She seems to have a strain of Faelid or maybe Borreby along with the Nordid. I say this based on her eye shape and the fact that her eyes are deep set and she seems to have the fatty deposits over her eyes which is common with more rugged strains (i.e. Faelids and Borrebys). I have no idea what her heritage is but she does not look English (Anglo-Saxon) to me but instead, perhaps of German of Scandinavian ancestry. I would say that she is Faelid (Falish, Phalian, etc--it's all the same thing). I have attached a close-up look at the woman's face.

You could post your pics and we might be able to help you reckon your subtype. ;)

And yes, the red-head that you posted may well be a Brunnish woman.

keltic_stijn
Friday, November 26th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Well, the untrained eye might only see or say Brunn. :P

I've seen red haired Faelids, Nordics, Norics, Anglo-Saxons, Keltics and Borrebys. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a red haired Mediterranean. :-O

It does seem to be so, that Irish Brunns and Troenders have the highest occurances of red hair...and often with a wave and/or curl.

There are also rufus pockets in Russia from what I've read.

You may just be part Neanderthalette. ;)

and what about NERO the ROMAN emperor, he was a redhead. And alsow helena from Troy. But they just changed history because of there fair of redheads. ( It would be a shame, if they say a redheaded woman is the most beautyful of all ... )