PDA

View Full Version : Germans Told to Stop Eating So Much Schnitzel and Bratwurst

Sissi
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Germans told to stop eating so much schnitzel and bratwurst

German officials have ordered the country to eschew their traditional meat-heavy diet of schnitzel and bratwurst in favour of lighter Mediterranean-style fare in order to help the planet.

German cuisine is renowned for its heavy reliance on animal products, but the country's federal environmental agency has ordered Germans to eat meat only on special occasions.

Meat production accounts for as much as one fifth of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation. The agency has also warned that, by 2050, meat production is expected to reach 456 million tonnes, almost double that of 2001.

Germans are among Europe's most carnivorous people, drawing nearly 40 per cent of their caloric intake from animal products. The Italians, by contrast, get about a quarter of their daily calories from meat.

"I recommend a return to Sunday roasts and an orientation on Mediterranean eating habits," Andreas Troge, the head of the federal environmental agency UBA, told the daily Berliner Zeitung.

He added that a reduction in meat consumption would also yield health benefits.

Research by the World Wildlife Fund found that a single kilogram of beef requires 16,000 litres of water, taking into account a three-year lifespan for a cow, the grain it eats in its lifetime, and the water it drinks.

Scientists recently advised environmentally-aware consumers to go without meat for at least two days a week in an effort to help the planet.

SOURCE (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/4319661/Germans-told-to-stop-eating-so-much-schnitzel-and-bratwurst.html)

Jäger
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
German cuisine is renowned for its heavy reliance on animal products, ...
The current cuisine, German food used to be low in meat, simply because it wasn't as widely available. It sounds sane to demand a little cut back, but not by ordering the citizens to eat less, but by getting rid of all those subsidizes, etc.

TheGreatest
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Roman soldiers in Gaul complained about the lack of vegetables in their diet and were sickened by the Germanic people's consumption of meats. Sure the Romans did on occasion eat cows (sacrifice ceremonies) but not everyday and certainty not to the extent of Germanic tribesmen.

I don't believe the scientists. I look at your average Mediterranean, he is smaller and more frail than his Germanic counterpart. Look at the Chinese people who have been living in North America, some are taller than me and have 4''8 Grandparents.
Eat like a carnivore and think and be like a carnivore. Eating vegetables like a herbivore is going to leave you dimwitted and weak. I rather be a lion than a sheep

Teuton
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Telling them to eat a little less meat and more things like Sauerkraut is fine, what I don't like is saying that they must eat Med food. German cuisine has plenty of fruit and vegetables itself, they just need to be brought out more.

Sigurd
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not going to ditch my hearty dietary habits any time soon. Let the rest of the world eat sea-weed, we've got enough cows and cattle to feed a barracks. I'd rather die than having to give up my Rindsroulade or my Hirschragout or in fact my Floaschlobalerl'n (Frikadellen to the northerners ;)). :P

Ragnar Lodbrok
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 08:31 PM
Who needs to cut down on their schnitzel not me that's for sure. :thumbup

rainman
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Guys I want you to listen: What do they do in cults? They feed people a low protein diet. Low protein diets are part of the whole trend of putting poison in the food and water and dumbing us down. Most meat you buy at the store isn't meat but "textured soy protein" anymore. Even the meat you buy in America may have toxic red dye (that's not blood its food coloring) as well as hormones and other such things in it.

The reason they don't want you to eat meat is because it makes you stronger and smarter and their goal is the opposite.

The truth on the environment: Here's what they tell you. Cows take 50 zillion acres and man power to produce a pound of meat but a pound of grain takes much less land and work. this is based on the ideal that the cow is eating human grain, which is not true. Let me restate that: they assume that the cow is eating corn, rice, bread that is human food its whole life and they count all that money in human food and all the land it took to grow the cows food over its lifetime. On rare occasion cows are given grain or hay and maybe in some rare region they primarily feed cows grain, but this is an outright lie!! They are lying to you. I even found this in a college textbook (school lies to you as well). Go find a farmer and ask them if you want to see who tells the truth, but I think you have enough common sense to know that: Cows typically eat grass!

I've lived around farms and I saw the cows. They walked around on a field and ate grass. Humans can't eat grass. It is less work to let a cow or goat eat grass than to plow a field and plant grain. It also involves less damage to the land scape. Whenever they do feed cows grain it is low quality grain that also is not edible by humans. Most corn grown in Ameirca is animal feed. Yet if you planted human corn in the same field or wheat or whatever you would get less food per acre because the animal grain is not edible. The market determines the price of meat- if meat really required more resources it would cost more barring government intervention. The government actually intervenes to make the price of grains cheaper!! That's right corn, soybean and grain is subisidized by the government and made artificially cheap! Why? Because it turns you into a weakling (I assume that's the reason why).

Have you ever seen a Vegan? They are weak and frail and barely have any will of their own. I would buy some chickens or cows and raise them yourself before they ban meat from the grocery store or something.

But in reality meat is very good for the environment. In the harsh North Germanics raised animals because most food could not be grown. Take pigs for example. They basically eat garbage. Literally. Cows and others usually eat grass.

Though on the flip side I wouldn't eat too much meat. It's bad for you. You should have a balanced diet- fresh fruits and vegetables, grains, meats etc.

Zuid-Vlaming
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
Scientists recently advised environmentally-aware consumers to go without meat for at least two days a week in an effort to help the planet.Those charlatan's remedies for the planet always make me suspicious.

These scientists don't have the guts to denounce the real threat to environment, the real problem : Mass consumption and consumerism as a whole, and human overpopulation... especially Third world's overpopulation. But that wouldn't be politically correct to tell, that, much more than the Germans reducing their meat consumption, something which would be of considerable more help for the planet would be, for instance, that Africans, Asians and South-Americans limit their f***ing overgrowing population ! That's a considerably more urgent problem. (We in Europe would also need more room and to decrease our own population, but as long as we're threatened by racial submersion and our own minoritization because -again- of this Third World overpopulation which sends us its always increasing human flows, we should and can not do that. The snake bites its tail...)
No, let's focus on "everyday life tips" for the good old western man. Use only a glass water to brush your teeth, eat less meat... Nothing much revolutionary, and certainly nothing threatening the System or political correctness.

Problem is certainly not the importance of meat in our diet, since a reasonably-sized European population could continue to eat meat for the centuries of the centuries without damaging the planet more than it is currently.
But I bet our good scientists are not willing to talk about ruralism, agrarianism, autarky, closed economies, nor would they criticize the ideology of Progress, globalization, cosmopolitanism, mass consumption...

Jäger
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 06:25 AM
The reason they don't want you to eat meat is because it makes you stronger and smarter and their goal is the opposite.
They do not want you to stop eating meat, they want you to eat less. My grandfather had only one or two times a week meat available (the famous "Sonntagsbraten") and he was stronger than most of my contemporary meat devourers.
What is a sign of weakness is immoderateness, moderation comes first in all and everything (Heraclitus), too much meat is as unhealthy as is too less.
Humans were originally scavengers, not predators, thus such a strong need for meat would be a contradiction and would actually weaken us, those who are most universal in their food choice are the most tough in nature (cmp. Koalas vs. Cockroaches, which can actually digest tapestry :D)

TheGreatest
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I've been doing the whole "do the opposite of what the scientists are saying" plan. :D
They just want us to cut back on meat, so they can replace it with soybeans and whatever filth they got cooking up in the lab. Just read 1984, all the main characters were eating flavored soy, drinking industrial gin and other lame and fake substitutes.

rainman
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I eat about half of what most people my height eat and I work out and am athletic. I don't eat a lot of meat either. I eat meat every day (or just about) though just very small portions. Like mixed in soup or whatever or if I do eat a steak its a small piece.

Of course you can overeat but that has nothing to do with eating meat. Yeah over population, misuse of technology, consumerism and the general fat, lazy, stupid, irresponsible nature of the world population is the problem.

I am working toward saving up and buying land then growing most of my own food, and raising chickens and such. I'll try to trade or buy what I can't raise from local sources whenever possible. I'd like to form a community with reduced use of the automobile, reduced use of electronics (meanwhile produce our own electricity from renewable sources) and to be more sustainable in general. I'm working on avoiding shopping at any major corporations whenever possible because they are evil and in favor of mom and pop places. It's all pretty near impossible at first though got to start saving money and getting things in place. It's sort of neccessary to do for when society collapses anyway. All I know is a farm wont run without animals and the people I see who don't eat meat are really weak and frail.

And most of them are telling us to not eat meat at all. For example, I forgot to mention this ok in this college biology book I have where it gives all the environmental advantages to not eating meat it also says it is good for you not to eat meat! It's healthy being a vegetarian. O.K. at the end of the book there is a chapter which states that we need amino acids found in meat and that you can't get them in animal sources or produce them yourself. Teacher says yes if you don't eat meat your body will lack certain vital nutrients to function properly. I guess you could take artificially produced supplements but who knows if those work as well. Current studies are showing that artificial vitamins don't work like natural ones.

In other words the people telling you that vegetarianism is good for you know it's a lie. Just like Cherios knows that it puts paint thinner in its cereal (on another thread). Just like flouride is a poison and pumped into the water. People don't want to believe this because they trust the government and those in authority but at some point you realize that the world is not your friend.

Here's another interesting thing: tanning screen: hasn't been proven to work. Studies show that if you use sunblock your chance of getting cancer goes up! How many people know this? Sunblock has not been shown to significantly prevent sunburn in anyone and actually the chemicals used to make it cause cancer when you use it! How many times have you put on sunblock and still got burned? The sooner people open their eyes and start taking responsibility for themselves and researching stuff themselves and relying on their close friends and family (tribe) instead of thinking the government or school or media or god or the pope is going to take care of them like some kind of big brother, the better this world is going to be.

I used to believe the lies I was told. Just found too many of them to be untrue the hardway and started opening my eyes and noticing stuff (like the contradictions in my biology book, contradictions in the bible, contradictions in the media etc.)

Jäger
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Of course you can overeat but that has nothing to do with eating meat.
The point of this article, and in which they are right, is simply that many people overeat on meat, not on vegetables so far. (Their justification for this seems just in line with our current society, but by accident they are right as it seems :D)

Zuid-Vlaming
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Let us not forget that meat is directly linked to testosterone.

(I googled meat and testosterone and took the first article I could find
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_5_20/ai_98539212 )

Research shows that, unlike a diet rich in meat, a vegetarian diet can cause a drop in testosterone and that a diet higher in fat promotes higher testosterone levels than does a diet lower in fat. Meat contains cholesterol, a precursor to many hormones, including testosterone. Red meat is high in zinc, which is a must-have mineral for supporting testosterone.

I think that the scientists who advise the Germans to eat less meat can not not be aware of that.
If I were suspicious, I'd think that it seems coherent with the always increasing pressure toward devirilization of white men (especially Germans, the "evil people").

rainman
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
That's my point exactly. But all people are their targets not just white men. Whites are targeted more so because they are stronger.

Jäger
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I think that the scientists who advise the Germans to eat less meat can not not be aware of that.
There is a difference between no meat and less meat. More meat -> more testosterone -> stronger, is a false implication. Not to mention what is about our women :(

Thusnelda
Monday, March 9th, 2009, 02:13 AM
A life without Schnitzel and Bratwürstl would be no life at all. ;) I think that says enough about my opinion. Bavaria is the home of rustical meat cuisine. It´s a part of our culture.

Oh sure, the mediterranean cuisine is so superior and healthy. That´s why the Germanics kicked the butts of the Romans and other related mediterranean tribes in a constant row in history...:P

Andrew man
Saturday, March 28th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I know I have a really bad diet of bratwurst and various foods (knockwurst, liverwurst, franks, etc...) and I think it is bad to tell them to "eat less". I think it should be a desicion by the people.

Anfang
Saturday, March 28th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Guys I want you to listen: What do they do in cults? They feed people a low protein diet. Low protein diets are part of the whole trend of putting poison in the food and water and dumbing us down. Most meat you buy at the store isn't meat but "textured soy protein" anymore. Even the meat you buy in America may have toxic red dye (that's not blood its food coloring) as well as hormones and other such things in it.

The truth on the environment: Here's what they tell you. Cows take 50 zillion acres and man power to produce a pound of meat but a pound of grain takes much less land and work. this is based on the ideal that the cow is eating human grain, which is not true. Let me restate that: they assume that the cow is eating corn, rice, bread that is human food its whole life and they count all that money in human food and all the land it took to grow the cows food over its lifetime. On rare occasion cows are given grain or hay and maybe in some rare region they primarily feed cows grain, but this is an outright lie!! They are lying to you. I even found this in a college textbook (school lies to you as well). Go find a farmer and ask them if you want to see who tells the truth, but I think you have enough common sense to know that: Cows typically eat grass!

I've lived around farms and I saw the cows. They walked around on a field and ate grass. Humans can't eat grass. It is less work to let a cow or goat eat grass than to plow a field and plant grain. It also involves less damage to the land scape. Whenever they do feed cows grain it is low quality grain that also is not edible by humans. Most corn grown in Ameirca is animal feed. Yet if you planted human corn in the same field or wheat or whatever you would get less food per acre because the animal grain is not edible. The market determines the price of meat- if meat really required more resources it would cost more barring government intervention. The government actually intervenes to make the price of grains cheaper!! That's right corn, soybean and grain is subisidized by the government and made artificially cheap! Why? Because it turns you into a weakling (I assume that's the reason why).

Have you ever seen a Vegan? They are weak and frail and barely have any will of their own. I would buy some chickens or cows and raise them yourself before they ban meat from the grocery store or something.

But in reality meat is very good for the environment. In the harsh North Germanics raised animals because most food could not be grown. Take pigs for example. They basically eat garbage. Literally. Cows and others usually eat grass.

Though on the flip side I wouldn't eat too much meat. It's bad for you. You should have a balanced diet- fresh fruits and vegetables, grains, meats etc.

I think I will buy some of that. And Yet uncle Adi was a vegeterian :D
I agree about free range organic meat .Germany right now is going through a population explosion of wild pigs. Female German Wild pigs are having more babies than their European counteparts. Maybe the pigs are trying to tell us something. In some rural towns in Niedersachsen pigs are actually comming into town. It sure beats the 13 foot long Alligators coming into town in Florida!
When you eat wild pig or free range cow, you can taste the difference to supermarket bought, hormone and Antibiotic adulterated. "meat".

For my part I have been learning how to make good German food recently
and no one is going to separate me from my sauerbraten and live.

Wodens Day
Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Meat is also full of body mass generating protein and Germans are not handicapped by being big and strong. So, eat meat and grow strong.

ladybright
Monday, March 30th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I think that most humans function better with some meat in their diet. Some people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Nearing) can be physically healthy and vigorous until age 100 with no meat. We are omnivores and thrive on a varied diet. I agree with the theory that the increase in (vegetable)protein was a real influence on the end of the Dark Ages. This example is using legumes not meat but the change in diet did cause significant changes in society.Umberto Eco's essay. (http://www.themodernword.com/eco/eco_bean.html)

I like the Scandinavian diet better then the Mediterranean. Th think that the German diet can be too heavy in meat and too light in greens but traditional foods (particularly fermented) have health benefits and are good for remembering your culture. I think more fish would be good but that is my personal taste.

I think that most meat (at least in the USA) is adulterated with drugs and hormones that are fed to the animals. Animals that eat their natural diet are quite healthy.

Jäger
Tuesday, March 31st, 2009, 09:10 AM
I think that most meat (at least in the USA) is adulterated with drugs and hormones that are fed to the animals. Animals that eat their natural diet are quite healthy.
I noticed that in the US eating meat is some plebeian way of expressing masculinity, and as it is with the plebs, they do not know any moderation, and equate more meat with more masculinity (strength), at the same time even poisoning their meat to fulfill this high demand.
Meat is an important part of our diet, and indeed needed to healthily develop strength, but overdosing on it is not healthy, neither for the eater nor for the eaten, and it seems many have totally lost any sense of measurement in this regard.
Only a few decades ago, before the population was flooded with antibiotic and hormone infested meat for everyday consumption, people functioned better.

kultron
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 03:57 AM
rainman, complete amino acids are available through plant sources, as well as very simply in eggs (not all vegetarians refuse eggs), that myth was debunked years ago. Vegetarians are no different in stature or strength than those who eat meat..

TheGreatest
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Meat is also full of body mass generating protein and Germans are not handicapped by being big and strong. So, eat meat and grow strong.

We are big and strong because of genetics and food. Tacitus described the Germanic as being 6''0 average height and bulking with muscles. In contrast, the Roman soldier was 5''4 and frail. Ironically if you look up at the average height of a German and Italian, things have not changed one single bit.
No wonder the Romans were massacred on multiple occasion. Much like the Semitic Defenders of Rome were unable to prevent their city from being sacked on multiple occasions.

I eat a heavy diet of meat and I'm not overweight or obese. But look at third worlders such as Amerindians who are exposed to our diet, they explode like balloons.

Germanic Europe's terrain was best for ranching. Today in the Alps, you'll see nothing but cows and pigs, because the terrain is ill-suited for grain agriculture! Only in France, Ukraine, Poland and Russia, where you find land in Europe that's flat and good enough for wide scale grain cultivation.

Pigs in particular are quite good. Pigs will eat anything and they can be quite ferocious when it comes to defending themselves from dogs and wolves.

Reich des Waldes
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
rainman, complete amino acids are available through plant sources, as well as very simply in eggs (not all vegetarians refuse eggs), that myth was debunked years ago. Vegetarians are no different in stature or strength than those who eat meat..

Do you have a source to back up this claim? As a person who does power and Olympic lifting, I would love to see the difference of a vegetarian diet makes on gains of strength. The ratio for good muscle gain is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (some advocate even higher, 1.5 or 2 grams). I am 220lbs, so I try to consume 220 grams of protein over the course of 6 meals a day. The only way I could see a vegetarian being able to do this would be to take a whey/casein protein shake with almost every meal.

Going to the University in Portland brings me around a lot of professed vegetarians and vegans. They all look skinny and very frail from what I have seen.

Jäger
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Going to the University in Portland brings me around a lot of professed vegetarians and vegans. They all look skinny and very frail from what I have seen.
There is Mac Danzig and Alexander Dargatz. However, the problem with such observations is, that almost all of the vegan athletes used to be meat eaters up until their twenties.
They do look still skinny though. :P

TheGreatest
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM
There is Mac Danzig and Alexander Dargatz. However, the problem with such observations is, that almost all of the vegan athletes used to be meat eaters up until their twenties.
They do look still skinny though. :P

I noticed that kids who ate a lot of junk food or just vegetables grew up with small frames and a low body mass. Even into adulthood these same children often had problems putting on weight. Having played sports throughout my youngest years, we all ate a diet based on meat and then pasta right before a game. Coach said we had to! :D

Personally I am a bit hesitant to recommend to anyone to adopt a completely vegan diet. Most men and women do not fully mature until their mid-twenties. Even adopting a vegan diet at fifteen could cause a lot of harm (staunted growth and less fertility).

Our ancestors ate vegetables and fruits when unable to catch game. Vegetables is nothing more but a diet of necessity/starvation.
Our medieval forefathers roasted pig, not cabbage, during festivals.

All these threads smell of the same bull****. Some Jew or Muslim wants us to change our traditions. Want us to quit drinking beer. Wants us to quit doing anything that's European or Germanic. I don't believe in this environment craziness. Our people are some of the most environmentally conscious. The Jew should be bugging the Chinese who do things such as eat monkey brains, pour chemicals into rivers and eat anything that crawls with four legs. Getting us to quit eating pork isn't going to save the planet. In fact it would make things MUCH WORSE, considering that grain crops are more demanding on the soil than a herd of pigs or cows, grazing on grass (which humans can't eat) and other wild plants.

But of course we all know deep down that this has nothing to do with environment or health. It's about Cultural Marxism trying to erode us of our culture, food being an important part of culture. They'll be clapping with glee when we are forced to eat flavored soybeans and something I like to refer to as ''Soylent Green''.

Sigurd
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM

That may very well be true, but it does not change the fact that humans were designed to be omnivores: Both our teeth and our digestive tract were made for being omnivores.

Pure herbivore mammal species, for example, tend to have more molars and sometimes even tend to have multiple stomachs, and altogether a different digestive tract.

Pure carnivore mammal species do, essentially not exist, as some plant consumption is necessary, as such their digestive tract still needs to be able to process plants and thus their digestive tract does not differ as much from omnivores as that of herbivores does. As a rule, the teeth differ however, they have fewer molars.

As such, whilst a Vegetarian can be healthy and strong - one should wonder whether the possibility that a no-meat diet can even be healthy rather be a remnant of our far-distant ancestors who tended to be more herbivorous, with omnivorous diet being a matter of selection as we went along.

Modern Man, however, is clearly designed to be an omnivore, and as such I consider a diet consisting both of meat-products and plant-products as our most natural, and thus perhaps at least from a moral point of view, our legitimate diet.

velvet
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
They'll be clapping with glee when we are forced to eat flavored soybeans and something I like to refer to as ''Soylent Green''.

Soylent Green ist Menschenfleisch :D

I'm not a big fan of pig's meat, but that is just a matter of my personal taste, when I have the choice between a chicken/turkey grilled steak and a pig one, I choose the chicken/turkey. But a nice Bratwurst from time to time is essential and it's not that I never eat pig. The cold meats that go onto my bread (which I consume lots) are mainly made of pig. When I cook goulash or roast, it's of a cow.

Vegans for me are sort of freaky, that is the variant where vegetarians have gone mad. No cheese, no eggs, no butter, that cant be healthy. And as Sigurd pointed out, humans are omnivore, our teeth are that of an omnivore, our digestive system is that of an omnivore. But obviously some people are much into castigating themselves, obsessed with the idea to overcome nature with unnatural wantings. And obsessed with the animal rights, dont steel their eggs, dont steel their milk...

Concerning animal rights, I really hate how the most 'industry animals' are kept nowadays, that is why I buy my meat and so far possible all meat products in my local butcher's shop where I know where the animals lived and how. I dont buy eggs from chicken kept in cages, 'my' chicken live free (big difference in taste, the cage chicken get fogged with nicotine to kill bacteries, bäh), with other things I try to make sure that the producers keep their animals in germany and not in too small cages, better free. And dont carry them to Italy for cheap and EU-subsidised butchering.
Other than that I'm not too bothered with animal rights. Just to tasty to resign from :D

Jäger
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Our ancestors ate vegetables and fruits when unable to catch game.
Human physical form evolved as the one of a scavenger, not of a predator.

Vegetables is nothing more but a diet of necessity/starvation.
All food serves this purpose, meat as much as vegetables.

Our medieval forefathers roasted pig, not cabbage, during festivals.
It was something special, because of its rareness.

In fact it would make things MUCH WORSE, considering that grain crops are more demanding on the soil than a herd of pigs or cows, grazing on grass (which humans can't eat) and other wild plants.
Contemporary herds of livestock are fed with "power food", which consists of much more then just various grasses, e.g. grain, corn, etc.!
That is to fulfill the ridiculous high demand of meat.

The diet of Germanics was nuts, berries and vegetables, with the occasional hunted meat.
It is "Hunters & Gatherers" not just "Hunters". A diet too much focused on meat is not better than a diet too much focused on vegetables.

Race has degenerated when food was scarce, the conclusion is, that a strong race needs to be able to live (not just survive) with as much variations of food possible, and not being dependent on anything special, e.g. like the Koala who is only satisfied with eucalyptus.

We can see pretty clearly, that our current meat consumption is not good for our cattle, nor for our environment in general, or ourselves.

TheGreatest
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Contemporary herds of livestock are fed with "power food", which consists of much more then just various grasses, e.g. grain, corn, etc.!
That is to fulfill the ridiculous high demand of meat.

Are you joking me? Sounds like you took your argument straight from a Vegetarian or PETA handbook.

1. Most ranching is located on the Prairies and the Mid-West, where grass is most abundant in North America
2. Cattle prefer grass more than anything.
3. Feeding a Cattle on Hay (dried and imported grass) can cost $4,000 a year for a single cow. The amount for feeding a cattle on corn or grain the entire year, as one could imagine, is a lot more.

Like I said, anyone who tells you that animals are only fed corn or grain is making up bullshit and doing so for propaganda purposes. Farmers only feed cattle a grain and corn diet, about 4-8 weeks before slaughter, in order to fatten them.

Jee Golly Dee, that's 4-8 weeks of corn for a cow that is raised for 1-2 years. Even then, that corn is mixed with the ground feed.

At least for the average cattle. True there are some American farmers who tie around a rope around their cattle and lock them indoors all day, and feed them corn supplemented with grass every single day, so they turn into the cattle version of Manuel Uribe Garza, but that's the exception and not the rule.

Not quite the whole ''Cows will only eat corn'' bull that PETA tries to pass onto us.

What do a bunch of city slickers from Norfolk know about cattle ranching? Seriously, I could debate with a PETA member on agriculture and ranching and it would be a no-contest.

We can see pretty clearly, that our current meat consumption is not good for our cattle, nor for our environment in general, or ourselves.

You're worried about our diet and it's impact on the environment, when there is far more environmental damage being done in the name of multiculturalism and immigration? :|

And this whole ''let's turn ranching land into grain land'' is hilarious. Only thing that is going to amount to meat being a luxury of the rich and grain prices not changing one bit.
What the hell does ''Wisenstein'' know about farming and agricultural economics? The Soviet Union (and all those bright Jewish scientists) tried their ''Great Push'' towards Siberia under their ''Virgin Land Campaign'' and failed miserably.

I hope that people realize that world hunger is the result of the inefficiencies of food logistics, as opposed to an actual lack of food being grown. After all, millions starved to death in Eastern Europe, even though there were millions of tonnes of wheat going rancid.

Thusnelda
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Well, nothing more to add:

http://www.fanmarkt.de/catalog/images/000020073d.gif
Text goes: "If we shouldn´t eat animals...then why do they consist of meat?" :P

Blod og Jord
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Why do some people act as if they told you should stop eating meat?
They haven't said that.
They said eat less meat. See, it's not the same thing.
There should be a balanced diet.
I like meat but I also like vegetables.

Jäger
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Like I said, anyone who tells you that animals are only fed corn or grain is making up bullshit and doing so for propaganda purposes.
And who even said this? I know people who have their business in livestock food preparation, they take the various products from various farmers, mix them according to age, and species and whatever other circumstance the livestock is in, and then deliver it back to feed them.
I never said they are only fed on corn and grain, but they are fed this kind of products (and even worse, they got fed their own brethren through carcass meal!).

So your point about the environmental stresses needs more elaboration, and data to back this up.

Farmers only feed cattle a grain and corn diet, about 4-8 weeks before slaughter, in order to fatten them.
Pigs get corn and grain much more often.
Your remark is simply void, as long as you can't proof that our current amount of livestock doesn't need less corn or grain areas then we would without them.
It is just not that simple.

You're worried about our diet and it's impact on the environment, when there is far more environmental damage being done in the name of multiculturalism and immigration? :|
Yes, I have the ability to think about more than one topic.

And this whole ''let's turn ranching land into grain land'' is hilarious.
Who said this? Let's keep the ranching land, but with less cattle on it.

Hauke Haien
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The WW1 cookbook I posted here (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=111893) details in its foreword the development of meat consumption in Reich territory - it quadrupled during the course of the 19th century - and the problems this has created for our ability to feed the population by internal means.

Today, large-scale livestock farming is fueled by imports of animal feed while the accumulated manure drowns the fields in hormones and other medication. As a result, meat is cheap and its consumption has undoubtedly increased even more dramatically during the 20th century than before.

Rassenhygieniker
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Could someone be kind enough to post pictures of these dish?

I look at your average Mediterranean, he is smaller and more frail than his Germanic counterpart.

Someone who is predestined to be smaller and more frail will be just that, no matter how mich meat he might ingest during his growth, it just depends which subrace you are born unto.

Blod og Jord
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Could someone be kind enough to post pictures of these dish?
There are two dishes. Schnitzel and Bratwurst.
Everyone knows what a Schnitzel is, even here in Scandinavia.

http://www.cheeers.de/unterseiten/Karten/Schnitzel01.jpg

A Bratwurst looks like a German kind of hot dog.

http://www.markbernstein.org/elements/Bratwurst.jpg

But the sausage is different. It's fried.

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/bratwurst2.jpg

TheGreatest
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM
There are two dishes. Schnitzel and Bratwurst.
Everyone knows what a Schnitzel is, even here in Scandinavia.

http://www.cheeers.de/unterseiten/Karten/Schnitzel01.jpg

A Bratwurst looks like a German kind of hot dog.

http://www.markbernstein.org/elements/Bratwurst.jpg

But the sausage is different. It's fried.

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/bratwurst2.jpg

I would hope that everyone in Scandinavia knew what a Schnitzel is. I imagine quite a few Americans have never heard of it, but you can buy Schnitzel at most butcher shops and cook them at home in an oven.

Nachtengel
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Meat from supermarkets is filled with chemicals which are unhealthy. Fried meat, greasy meat tastes good, but the effects can be monstrous. Look at Americans. :| Moderation is the key.

Staff note: discussion about obesity in the USA has been split here (https://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=948056#post948056).

Jäger
Saturday, June 13th, 2009, 12:12 PM
As an addition, the ÖGE (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Ernährung) [Austrian Society for Nutrition] says that the healthy need for meat is 600g (roughly two steaks in our society) per week. Source (http://www.oege.at/php/current/content.php?l=de&a=2244)
Of course, depending on life style this may vary, and be a lot higher, but I doubt this is true for most meat fetishists in our modern world.

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, June 14th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hmm, some peoples who have too much pork meat around Christmas get intoxication. It's always in the news that time of the year. That's a sign too much of everything can do damages. But that doesn't mean the alternative is none at all.

Jäger
Sunday, June 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Hmm, some peoples who have too much pork meat around Christmas get intoxication.
Hm, what is the toxin? I figure one really has to eat a lot of meat to get intoxicated through it, or the meat itself is poisoned.
I know that Dr. Reckeweg said that pork meat is toxic, but it seems not really sound compared to empirical evidence.

Bärin
Sunday, June 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
There was a time when my ancestors couldn't afford to eat meat every weak, especially since our family was always more numerous than average. When it was meat day, the meat on the meal wasn't very much, because it had to be split between the whole family.
Nobody died cause of it.

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, June 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Hm, what is the toxin? I figure one really has to eat a lot of meat to get intoxicated through it, or the meat itself is poisoned.
I know that Dr. Reckeweg said that pork meat is toxic, but it seems not really sound compared to empirical evidence.
There weren't the medical details mentioned in this news so I don't know. It's the habit to eat a lot of meat around Christmas, especially pork. Hmm, maybe the pigs ate something unfavorable. The pigs were usually slaughtered in a sort of "traditional" way by the Romanian farmers, not in slaughterhouses. They put the pig in the yard or on the concrete and slaughter it there. This habit was criticised by the EU. The Romanians tried to get it legally protected as ritualistic, like the kosher and halal practices, but I think it wasn't successfully received.

Berserkergang
Tuesday, September 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Roman soldiers in Gaul complained about the lack of vegetables in their diet and were sickened by the Germanic people's consumption of meats. Sure the Romans did on occasion eat cows (sacrifice ceremonies) but not everyday and certainty not to the extent of Germanic tribesmen.

I don't believe the scientists. I look at your average Mediterranean, he is smaller and more frail than his Germanic counterpart. Look at the Chinese people who have been living in North America, some are taller than me and have 4''8 Grandparents.
Eat like a carnivore and think and be like a carnivore. Eating vegetables like a herbivore is going to leave you dimwitted and weak. I rather be a lion than a sheep

Simply incredible post. I always feel better mentally and physically after consuming meat. I eat probably three times as much meat as all my counterparts, acquintances and friends. Some of them lift weight and take supplements and are still not as strong and muscular as me. I have always believed that to have muscle, you must eat muscle.

SpearBrave
Tuesday, September 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Most vegetarians I have known are weak and sick all the time. On the other hand people who do not eat very many vegetables are sometimes overweight. I think balance is the key.

Kogen
Tuesday, September 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
The future is Germany was supposed to include a vegetarian diet for all Germans, as it is healthier and more environmentally sustainable if the land is able to produce the needed plants properly. Meat does harm the body and requires much more animal feed for domesticated animals.

High protein is what is needed for brain development; it is a myth that it is needed for muscle. Go look at an elephant.

Nachtengel
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Germany’s vegetarian society (VEBU) proposed on Thursday that people pair up to become “part-time vegetarians” as the country recovers from the dioxin food safety scandal.

"The idea is simple - two people decide to team up, each halves their consumption of meat and fish and therefore the net effect is one more vegetarian," said VEBU representative Katharina Rimpler.

"In this way, they can do something good without completely cutting out meat from their diet.”

VEBU also offers a “buddy” system, which pairs vegetarian newbies with long-time vegans and vegetarians so that they can learn more about the practice by cooking or going to restaurants together.

Germans, known for their love of meaty dishes, and sausages in particular, have started to question the source of their food in the wake of the dioxin scandal.

After weeks of controversy following the discovery of the carcinogenic chemical in eggs, the pork industry has been the latest to suffer after traces were also found in meat sold by German farms. The contamination has been linked to a German firm which supplied some 3,000 tonnes of tainted fatty acids to several animal feed makers.

A demonstration in Berlin in late January that demanded reforms to the agriculture industry to protect consumers through non-toxic farming methods drew an estimated 22,000 people from all over Germany.

The motto of the protest was, “We've had enough - no to genetic engineering, factory farming and export dumping."

The government response to the dioxin scandal has focused on examining and tightening controls in the animal feed industry.

VEBU estimates that there are around six million vegetarians living in Germany, which is above average among European countries.

The Local/AFP/rm

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20110203-32869.html

Nachtengel
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 02:03 AM
http://www.thelocal.de/articleImages/32541.jpg

Germans like meat. But if the whole world ate like them, we'd need at least two planets to feed everyone. A proper Sunday roast free of toxic feed could be the answer, says Dagmar Dehmer from Der Tagesspiegel.

A good roast needs a lot of time and love. To make the effort worthwhile, you need good meat – so you should be prepared to spend a bit of money.

Only 30 years ago, in many German homes meat was only served on Sunday. A Sunday roast was a feast for the eyes, the nose, and the palate, and it was a social event. When there was a roast, the whole family would gather round the table to savour it, to talk and laugh.

In 1980, the average German ate 30 kilos of meat and sausage every year. By 2009, it was 88 kilos. That figure has occasionally climbed even higher in the intervening years.

It took the BSE crisis in the late 1990s and various other meat scandals to derail the steady rise in German meat consumption. But even in the years directly after the mad cow disease scare, the average was around 80 kilos.

The mass consumption of meat, eggs and milk causes a multitude of environmental problems, as well as some ethical ones. And as the current dioxin feed scandal shows – once again – the cheap industrial production of farm animals also creates a host of health issues.

If the entire population of the world – soon to reach seven billion people – lived like Germany and other industrial nations, we'd need at least two planets to feed everyone. Around a third of the world's greenhouse gas emissions comes from farming food.

The biggest threat for the climate, biodiversity and local water cycles is the transformation of jungles and marshes into farming land. This conversion is the largest single cause of climate change, estimated at between six and 17 percent. The actual agricultural production from this land accounts for another 15 to 16 percent.

Livestock play an important part in this, not only because cows, sheep and goats produce the dangerous greenhouse gas methane when they digest. But what is much worse for the climate is growing animal feed crops using chemical fertilizers, because artificial fertilizers produce nitrous oxide – also known as laughing gas – whose effect on the climate is even worse than methane.

Nitrous oxide is also released when marshes are drained, which is why transforming land for agricultural use plays such a big part in unbalancing our climate.

Keeping livestock is not only a climate problem. Huge quantities of water are needed to produce feed, and agricultural land is much worse at storing water than forests. And there are moral problems as well, because so many ways of raising farm animals amount to pure torture.

Pigs are kept in tiny boxes on their own until a bolt gun releases them from a wretched life. Chickens do have a little more space than they did in the old battery farms, but keeping smaller groups in cages hardly amounts to ensuring a good quality of life.

The pressure to produce feed as cheaply as possible is for many manufacturers little more than a welcome invitation to mix any old trash into the feeding troughs. It's no coincidence that almost all the food scandals of the last 20 years had their origins in the animal feed.

But a good steak or a nice Sunday roast isn't necessarily all bad. That is at least the opinion of Berlin veterinarian Anita Idel, one of the authors of the new global agriculture report.

Idel argues that cattle could even have a positive effect on the climate, if cows were allowed to be cows – that is, if cows, sheep and goats were fed only grass, for which they are optimally designed.

Around 40 percent of the world's land surface is grassland. If it is not over-grazed, grassland can store substantial quantities of carbon dioxide. According to the pioneer of German climate research Hartmut Graßl, the world's forests and grasslands can absorb between 2.5 and 2.8 gigatonnes of CO2 every year.

Alexander Popp, Hermann Lotze-Campen und Benjamin Bodirsky of the Potsdam-Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) argue that if we returned to the tradition of the Sunday roast – or any day of the week you might prefer – and consumed fewer dairy products, Germans could be healthier and do the atmosphere a service too.

But the scientists have calculated if people in the industrialize world do not alter their lifestyles, and if the developing nations catch up at the same breakneck pace they have done in the past 15 years, emissions of methane and nitrous oxide will have increased by 75 percent by 2050 compared to 1995.

Hartmut Graßl has been campaigning for the Sunday roast mainly because three important factors have already converged that "go beyond what the Earth can endure." "The nitrogen cycle has gone out of control," he says. The planet's atmosphere is overloaded with greenhouse gases and the speed with which animal and plant species as well as whole ecosystems are disappearing is far outstripping the pace of evolution.

The Sunday roast is not the solution to all these problems, but a return to this stuffy ritual – which holds happy childhood memories for many people – could ease them a little. It's a question of "setting a precedent," says Popp. And not least it's a question of health.

Eat less meat, and when you do buy the more expensive kind, farmed under animal-friendly conditions without poisonous feed. Go on, treat yourself and your family to something special.

http://www.thelocal.de/opinion/20110119-32541.html

Northern Paladin
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Why this is blatant racism!

Hesse
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Germans like meat. But if the whole world ate like them, we'd need at least two planets to feed everyone.

What about them other 54 planets recently discovered?

MCP3
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 04:40 AM
http://www.thelocal.de/opinion/20110119-32541.html

Typical "news" Made in Britain. Reality:

BEEF AND VEAL
Argentina 59.6 60.0 71.4 64.0 70.2 1
Uruguay 62.5 61.7 61.3 60.4 60.4 2
United States 44.6 44.8 43.9 44.6 45.3 3
Australia 36.0 39.2 42.3 38.5 40.2 4
New Zealand 28.5 36.1 39.0 38.6 34.1 5
Brazil 36.2 36.6 35.1 34.5 32.3 6
Canada 32.8 31.7 31.9 31.7 32.1 7
France 27.3 25.2 25.9 26.6 26.8 8
Italy 26.7 25.0 25.3 25.9 26.3 9
Czech Republic 37.6 37.4 32.9 25.7 24.5 10
Greece 21.5 21.1 21.9 22.6 22.8 11
Belgium-Luxembourg 23.3 21.4 20.9 21.0 21.9 12
Denmark 20.1 20.5 20.7 21.2 21.3 13
Switzerland 21.5 21.3 21.4 21.3 21.3 14
Mexico 20.3 19.8 20.0 20.5 21.0 15
Kazakhstan 30.2 26.7 27.5 22.9 20.6 16
Sweden 18.4 19.6 20.1 20.5 20.2 17
United Kingdom 16.6 14.0 15.4 18.9 19.7 18
Netherlands 20.2 20.8 20.1 19.6 19.6 19
Costa Rica 19.2 20.2 19.5 18.6 18.8 20
Austria 19.9 20.7 19.6 18.3 18.2 21
Russia 23.0 21.6 20.1 18.0 17.4 22
Ireland 17.3 15.3 16.4 16.6 17.1 23
Colombia 16.4 17.5 17.9 17.4 16.4 24
Spain 13.1 12.6 13.4 15.3 15.7 25
Venezuela 9.3 9.1 8.9 15.6 15.3 26
Portugal 18.1 14.1 15.3 15.1 15.2 27
Germany 16.4 15.2 14.7 15.0 15.2 28
Ukraine 20.0 19.6 17.3 14.4 13.3 29
South Africa 14.6 13.8 15.0 12.8 13.0 30
Bulgaria 13.1 10.9 11.1 11.9 12.3 31
Hong Kong 14.0 11.6 9.3 11.2 11.8 32
Japan 12.1 11.5 11.7 11.8 11.7 33
Korea, South 9.2 9.4 10.5 9.2 10.6 34
Turkey 10.4 9.7 9.5 9.6 9.6 35
Romania 7.0 7.5 7.7 9.6 9.6 36
Poland 4.1 4.4 4.5 8.4 8.7 37
Nicaragua 5.7 5.6 7.0 8.1 8.1 38
Egypt 8.3 8.4 8.7 8.2 7.9 39
Singapore 6.9 6.2 6.4 5.7 6.8 40
El Salvador 6.2 6.3 6.5 6.6 6.3 41
Dominican Republic 5.8 6.2 6.0 5.9 5.9 42
Taiwan 3.4 3.0 3.7 4.0 4.5 43
Guatemala 4.2 4.7 4.6 4.4 4.2 44
China 3.4 2.9 3.4 3.8 4.1 45
Saudi Arabia 4.0 3.8 3.9 3.9 4.0 46
Philippines 2.7 3.0 3.4 3.3 3.5 47
Honduras 3.7 3.4 2.8 2.7 3.0 48
India 1.0 0.8 1.3 1.4 1.5 49
Beef consume Germany ranks between Portugal and Ukraine, the UK ranks higher, Argentina, Uruguay and the United States top the list.

PORK
Denmark 74.1 69.2 69.2 71.1 73.7 1
Czech Republic 64.6 67.6 64.5 66.2 67.7 2
Spain 54.0 56.3 57.8 60.7 64.0 3
Germany 54.8 54.7 53.2 55.9 58.8 4
Austria 56.3 57.6 55.0 57.2 57.7 5
Hong Kong 54.4 49.9 52.7 54.9 54.3 6
Belgium-Luxembourg 54.4 55.1 43.0 47.0 52.6 7
Netherlands 44.2 44.3 42.9 43.9 43.7 8
Taiwan 40.2 41.7 39.6 44.3 42.5 9
Hungary 39.3 38.5 40.6 36.6 42.1 10
Ireland 37.9 38.4 40.2 40.1 40.5 11
Poland 38.6 41.2 34.2 38.3 39.6 12
Sweden 35.8 35.0 35.8 37.5 38.5 13
France 35.8 34.8 35.3 38.1 38.4 14
Italy 33.6 35.3 34.8 35.9 36.3 15
Canada 31.9 29.9 29.4 31.2 32.0 16
United States 30.6 28.7 28.5 30.7 31.7 17
Switzerland 35.2 32.3 32.3 32.2 31.6 18
China 30.1 25.8 28.1 31.3 31.4 19
Portugal 35.3 38.3 28.8 30.8 31.1 20
Bulgaria 31.6 27.7 29.7 30.1 31.0 21
United Kingdom 22.8 23.5 24.1 25.9 25.0 22
Greece 21.4 21.7 22.4 22.5 22.5 23
Korea, South 18.4 19.2 18.9 20.3 20.9 24
Australia 19.4 18.1 18.5 19.4 19.1 25
Japan 16.7 16.9 16.5 16.6 17.0 26
Romania 17.5 17.5 13.1 15.2 15.0 27
Ukraine 15.9 14.2 14.3 14.1 14.2 28
Singapore 31.9 30.1 31.4 28.1 13.9 29
Russia 17.4 14.5 14.0 12.8 12.6 30
Philippines 10.4 11.6 11.9 12.1 12.5 31
Mexico 10.5 9.6 10.1 10.4 10.4 32
Brazil 8.7 9.4 8.9 9.5 9.9 33
On the pork sector Germany ranks higher than the UK, rank 4.

POULTRY
Hong Kong 49.4 51.6 53.9 59.0 67.2 1
United States 45.1 46.1 46.6 46.7 49.4 2
Israel 45.3 45.6 44.8 43.9 43.8 3
Singapore 34.3 34.6 34.3 34.7 37.7 4
Taiwan 29.7 31.4 34.4 33.6 34.8 5
Saudi Arabia 32.8 33.0 37.1 34.8 33.5 6
Canada 30.8 31.1 31.7 32.0 33.4 7
Australia 27.4 27.3 28.6 30.5 31.3 8
United Kingdom 25.3 26.1 26.0 27.7 28.6 9
Ireland 23.0 26.2 27.8 28.0 28.2 10
Hungary 23.8 24.9 26.0 29.4 28.0 11
Portugal 23.5 25.6 26.7 27.2 27.7 12
South Africa 20.4 21.0 22.6 24.6 26.2 13
Argentina 20.8 20.0 23.1 25.5 25.3 14
Brazil 23.0 21.8 23.6 23.4 25.0 15
Spain 24.8 26.0 24.2 24.3 24.2 16
France 22.3 24.9 24.7 25.1 24.1 17
Netherlands 20.5 21.5 21.9 22.2 22.8 18
Greece 18.3 18.3 18.1 18.6 22.6 19
Mexico 18.7 19.2 19.2 19.8 21.6 20
Denmark 15.4 19.3 19.9 19.2 19.3 21
Belgium-Luxembourg 17.3 18.5 18.5 19.1 19.3 22
Italy 18.8 19.2 19.5 19.5 18.4 23
Venezuela 19.2 17.5 17.6 16.6 15.9 24
Germany 13.5 14.1 14.5 15.0 15.1 25
Poland 9.9 11.1 12.7 14.0 14.0 26
Japan 14.4 14.4 14.0 13.8 13.7 27
Thailand 11.1 12.1 12.7 11.6 12.2 28
Korea, South 10.1 10.9 10.9 9.5 10.4 29
Turkey 6.4 7.7 9.5 9.6 10.3 30
Russia 11.6 12.2 12.8 10.6 10.2 31
China 7.3 8.2 8.9 9.0 9.5 32
Egypt 6.0 6.1 6.1 7.6 7.8 33
Ukraine 4.7 4.0 4.0 4.9 4.9 34
Romania 8.2 8.2 7.9 6.2 3.7 35
India 0.6 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.7 36
http://www.allcountries.org/uscensus/1370_per_capita_consumption_of_meat_and. html

The No.1 in meat consume per capita are clearly the US.

--- pork beef poultry
US: 31,7 45,3 49,4 = 126,4
UK: 25,0 19,7 28,6 = 73,3
Ge: 58,8 15,2 15,1 = 89,1
Denm:73,7 21,3 19,3= 114,3
So yes, Germans, eat less Bratwurst and Schnitzel because pork is the least healthy meat. Become vegetarian, or at least manage to come down to 73, 2 per capita. And what goes for the Germans goes for the Danes all the more, they eat almost as many meat as the Americans in total. But this is typical for the British press, they single out the Germans whether the claims are factual or fictional. The Danes eat clearly much more meat in all categories including pork.

Leonhardt
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Eat less meat, and when you do buy the more expensive kind, farmed under animal-friendly conditions without poisonous feed.
This is good advice to avoid the clogging of arteries, and cancer from nitrates in processed meats.

It is better to eat low fat meats, dairy, and organic meat to avoid the nitrates in the cattle feed as well.

I wouldn't recommend eating fish at the present time.:)

People in the US should be wary of "natural flavors" also.

MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates, causing rats (and humans?) to become obese They even have a title for the race of fat rodents they create: "MSG-Treated Rats"
http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

Ælfrun
Monday, February 7th, 2011, 05:43 AM
This is good advice to avoid the clogging of arteries, and cancer from nitrates in processed meats.

It is better to eat low fat meats, dairy, and organic meat to avoid the nitrates in the cattle feed as well.

I wouldn't recommend eating fish at the present time.:)

People in the US should be wary of "natural flavors" also.

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

I agree, Deli meat is so bad because of all the nitrates in it.