PDA

View Full Version : Due Process before Banning??

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 07:10 AM
The Adminsitration has the say on how things are run and that is that. But just for fun, and perhaps to influence the powers that be, why not have a cyber-trial for someone accused of a transgression? Or perhaps instead of just complaining about someone who is offending you, a complaint could be lodged with a judge or grand jury and if the complaint warrented a hearing, a cyber-trial could take place. The Final Judge would remain the same in any case. The accused might defend himself or have someone else defend him as in a court. The idea seems like fun to me and everyone would learn what is acceptable and what is not.

Awar
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Interesting. It would take a lot of time though.

Thorburn
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 08:17 AM
cosmocreator agrees: I like the idea.Hmmm ... the new comment option circumvents shuns to a certain extent. :D

The Adminsitration has the say on how things are run and that is that. But just for fun, and perhaps to influence the powers that be, why not have a cyber-trial for someone accused of a transgression? Or perhaps instead of just complaining about someone who is offending you, a complaint could be lodged with a judge or grand jury and if the complaint warrented a hearing, a cyber-trial could take place. The Final Judge would remain the same in any case. The accused might defend himself or have someone else defend him as in a court. The idea seems like fun to me and everyone would learn what is acceptable and what is not.Considerable for long-standing members (one orange dot) i. m. h. o. but not for every occasional newbie and troll.

Interesting. It would take a lot of time though. Since when do you have a life? :P

:jk

Awar
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Since when do you have a life? :P
:jk

You'll hear from my lawyer! :P

Mistress Klaus
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Hmmm...Yes Njord's attempt at a humor spiked insult, is annoying. :D

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, May 11th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Two more thoughts:

1. Restrict repeat offenders to a probation period in the Lowbrow Section.

2. We are all now familiar with the comment made to Frans_Josef which caused a banning. There is a difference between discussing a particular ethnic or racial group in a Highbrow manner and making negative comments about a Member's ancestry. How about making any such personal references a cause, prima facia, for dicipline, always. Do we really want to be associated with anybody who would stoop that low?

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, May 11th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Can I be on the defense counsel? :)

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, May 11th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Can I be on the defense counsel? :)

Nee, you stand somewhere very erect in an corner, blind-folded and holding a balance. ;)

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, May 11th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Nee, you stand somewhere very erect in an corner, blind-folded and holding a balance. ;)If I only had $1 for everytime a man said that to me! ;)

Ewergrin
Tuesday, May 11th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Two more thoughts:

1. Restrict repeat offenders to a probation period in the Lowbrow Section.

2. We are all now familiar with the comment made to Frans_Josef which caused a banning. There is a difference between discussing a particular ethnic or racial group in a Highbrow manner and making negative comments about a Member's ancestry. How about making any such personal references a cause, prima facia, for dicipline, always. Do we really want to be associated with anybody who would stoop that low?

There's a highbrow section here? ;) jk