PDA

View Full Version : If You've Got It, Hide It

Deary
Friday, February 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Girls are wearing clothing today that 30 years ago would have gotten them arrested or committed. I feel sorry for this desensitized generation. They don't know the danger they are in. Reports of missing girls and young women are now so commonplace that we fail to connect the dots that lead to the horrible consequences. Reporters loudly broadcast the disappearance, abduction, or death of these young women, but never use their media powers of influence to help prevent it.

With so much consciousness about health and safety, immodest clothing ought to carry the warning label: "Wearing this immodest garment poses a serious threat to your physical safety." When I see a couple of young women walking on the road together, stomach, thighs, shoulders and upper chest bared, I know they are courting disaster. It is a perfect formula for "missing girl last seen wearing...."

When are we going to learn that independence, plus immodesty, plus out with friends, minus parents or authority, equals disappearance and tragedy. We don't excuse the actions of the predators and murderers, but we cannot personally find every single one of them ahead of time and prevent them from abducting our daughters. What we can do is take a lot of measures that will reduce our chances of being hurt and increase our safety.

While a young girl held up a sign that spelled "Car Wash," I noted that passers-by were not looking at the sign. Their eyes were carefully perusing the body of the girl, who also wore shorts with the words "cute" on the rear end. The criss-crossed strap top, over another piece of underwear baring even more thin straps, was just long enough to reach her ribcage. Her body was mostly bare. I wondered what parents would possibly put their child (probably 13 years old, or maybe younger) in harm's way by approving of such a selling scheme. There she was on the corner of a busy street, distracting traffic with her bare legs, bare midriff, bare arms, and upper chest, yelling, "Car Wash" in a loud voice. It crossed my mind that this was an "innocent" form of prostitution; just a little introduction as a way of getting used to being bold with people in public.

The girls who were with her were dressed in a similar way, all yelling "car wash" to the passing traffic. These girls were so lightweight they could have easily been pulled into a passing car with one hand. There are two things wrong here. Number one, the children are immodestly dressed, which causes a lure and a hook to the eyes of those who would not have pure minds, and secondly, they are out alone without the accompaniment of a parent.

I'm sure the parents knew that their youngsters were having a car wash, but did they know that the boys were in a safe place further away from the street, washing the cars, while the girls were on the street corners holding up the signs? Why not the opposite? Because they all know that the girls will attract more business.

Do they realize just how they are prostituting their daughters in broad daylight? We are not saying that these girls are trying to be alluring or that they are bad; no, not at all! How can they know what harm can come from this at such a tender age? They haven't been taught the dangers that lurk about them when they do these things.

I've always had a suspicion that feminists weren't really about equality of the sexes, but were instead a disguise for political change. Why aren't they trying to put a stop to this? Doesn't anyone notice that the boys are doing meaningful work by washing the cars, while the girls are on the street selling the service? Why aren't the boys standing on the corner wearing shorts, holding up signs and calling out, "Car Wash!?" No doubt because even they know that girls attract more customers. This is happening in work places all over, not just in student car wash efforts. While the men are at work in a place somewhat hidden, the women are in the public, attracting customers (witness all the commercials and ads with scantily clad women in them, selling everything from beer to tools).

Month after month, we hear or read of the shocking abductions, disappearances, or deaths of girls and young women. In many cases, they are "last seen wearing" shorts and tank tops, tight jeans and tee shirts--not exactly the best disguises for their figures. In fact, most of the clothing that these young people wear is tight, revealing, and even advertising the exact spot of private parts, with words like "cute" or "sexy."

If you don't want your daughters to go missing, please guard the way they dress and keep them under your protection. I was often ridiculed about how I protected my own daughter when she was a pre-teen and teenager, but today I have a living daughter who is not missing. You can't be too careful in the protection of your children.

When you read the description of the missing girl's clothes, companions, and location when she disappeared, it is never "last seen wearing a long dress and hat, accompanied by her parents in church." There are exceptions, of course (like nuns kidnapped in Central America and other acts of terrorism), but in most cases she is wearing popular street clothes, hanging out with friends, in a bar, or another public place. Still, the public either doesn't "get it" or wants to deny the math.

I noticed that many, many missing women were last seen leaving a bar with a girlfriend or a strange man. Girls don't suddenly go to a bar when they are of age. It all begins with a feeling of comfort with the public, out in the open, unafraid, with friends, on the street corners and maybe holding up a sign and screaming "car wash." Girls who are used to being protected at home, attending church, and busy with serious things, do not grow up feeling comfortable hanging out at night with friends or going to bars. If they aren't used to luring people with their clothing, they won't feel comfortable doing it, ever, and they'll still be alive at 25, by God's grace.

While this is certainly not true in every single case, we can lessen our chances of losing our daughters by insisting on three essential things:

Modest, appropriate clothing--not tight jeans, shorts, tight tops, or short skirts. Long skirts and dresses will certainly encourage her safety, because she is not "advertising" herself.

Be in the company of parents, not out unchaperoned with friends, and never alone.

Limit activities to those supervised at home, church, and family events. If they have no real business in the public (aside from grocery shopping, acts of charity, visiting the sick, and other essential things done in the daylight), they need to be at home. Women don't need a "girls' night out" at a bar, nor do they need to "hang out" somewhere. They don't need a whole pack of friends to give them personal esteem. They need to find their identity in the people God has put in their lives, such as siblings, parents, grandparents, church members, and husbands.
In former times, women never traveled unaccompanied. If a woman had to travel somewhere alone, she was usually watched out for by train conductors, drivers, baggage men, and respectable fellow passengers. Some of the gentlemen who perished on the Titanic had the care of several unaccompanied ladies and were able to see them to safety before they lost their own lives that tragic night. Chivalrous men kept an eye out for scoundrels and any unsavory characters so that women could feel secure while traveling alone. And, of course, ladies dressed decently so that no one would mistake them for "easy" women.

In most cases, the basic two ingredients that are lacking when girls are snatched are that they are 1) without their parents or a reliable guardian, and they are 2) not wearing the most modest clothes possible. We know there are no excuses for bad people to do bad things to us, but knowing there are such scoundrels around, we can reduce the chances of tragedy.

All women, even older women, need to adhere to the following standards:

Stay under the protection and authority of parents, husband, or guardians

Dress decently.
Dressing modestly and keeping under the protection of someone increases your safety. Whether you are a young woman or an older woman, it is possible, just as our ancestors did, to have a exciting, rich, fulfilling life while at home under authority, or in the public accomapnied by those who watch for your soul. Dressing modestly has many implications, but today let us seriously focus on how it provides for your physical safety.

http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com/articles/modestybouguereau.jpg

Source (http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com/artman/publish/Lady_Lydia_Speaks_2/If_You_ve_Got_It_Hide_It_1203.shtml)

FriggasSpindle
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 01:13 AM
I was at the craft store today, and was shocked at a young girl of about 14 or so. She was going around in hip hugging, tight fitting jeans, and her button was undone, and her zipper was all the way down. I kid you not! I almost said something to her, but I bit my tongue. I find it very sad how modern youth is presenting themselves. But I suppose we can blame modern media, and people like Paris Hilton. If anyone is a South Park fan, (I know I'm one) a episode that illustrates the idoicy of the matter is called "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" on season eight. Yeah, I know, the ending with the "Whore Off" is really gross, but everything up to it is really funny, but sad too.

Siebenbürgerin
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 04:59 AM
Yes, I'm seeing too more and more girls and women revealing a little bit too much.

The worst I've seen were the 'talent shows' for children here where the children can imitate a star, karaoke and things like that. There were girls singing Britney songs, I'm a slave for you, and wearing provocating clothes, making provocative moves, spreading their legs, crouching on the floor. It's not a surprise pedophiles are out there waiting, making their victims. :|

I'm not a supporter of Muslim kind of clothing where nothing can be seen except the face and eyes, but the European world is falling in the other extreme nowadays. :thumbdown

Bärin
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 06:51 AM
My sister once used the money our parents gave us to buy things to get herself "whore wear". My mother took a pair of scissors and destroyed it. She said if you want to look like a street whore it won't be in our house.

forkbeard
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 09:13 AM
The problem is purely a foreigner problem. Without foreigners or non whites there would no be rape or crime in general. It wouldn't matter what our women chose to wear.
Comparing crime rates between Malmo and Stockholm. Malmo has 25% of the population of Stockholm. The number of foreigners is 25% of the population of Malmo. The Crime rate of Malmo is ten times that of Stockholm. It means foreigners are 40 times more likely to rape and murder than a Swede.
http://www.iris.org.il/blog/archives/757-Pan-European-Arab-Muslim-Gang-Rape-Epidemic.html
http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02/muslim-rape-epidemic-in-sweden-and.html

Siebenbürgerin
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 09:22 AM
The problem is purely a foreigner problem. Without foreigners or non whites there would no be rape or crime in general. It wouldn't matter what our women chose to wear.
Comparing crime rates between Malmo and Stockholm. Malmo has 25% of the population of Stockholm. The number of foreigners is 25% of the population of Malmo. The Crime rate of Malmo is ten times that of Stockholm. It means foreigners are 40 times more likely to rape and murder than a Swede.
http://www.iris.org.il/blog/archives/757-Pan-European-Arab-Muslim-Gang-Rape-Epidemic.html
http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02/muslim-rape-epidemic-in-sweden-and.html
Hmm, to be honest I think that's too simplistic conclusion. Yes, the foreigners increase crime rate, there's no questioning it. But it's in no way a purely foreigner problem. Rapists, kidnappers, paedophiles and other perverts exist in European society too. Our peoples aren't a perfect people. It would still matter what European women choose to wear. If a kind of clothing arises the most basic of instincts, it shouldn't be worn around someone who isn't the partner or husband. European societies have been conservative about clothing. And honestly, sometimes even going nude looks more decent to me than some of the "skirts" some women wear. The children of all shouldn't be made to look like advertising their bodies for sex. It will always matter.

Thusnelda
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 01:10 PM
If I see parents like this father...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1212/76315vaterdesjahres.jpg

...I think that it will be no big secret how his daughter is going to dress herself a few years later. :( Absolutely disgusting! (And mind his cynical t-shirt: "Mermaid assistent" )

Anyway, wearing clothings like in this example...

http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com/articles/modestybouguereau.jpg

...is the other extreme I disapprove. We are no nuns or muslims so I think we should pursuit a more natural approach with our skin and our body. Slutty clothes are negative but I find it okay to show legs and arms in sommer, not even talking about my hairs. :)

SwordOfTheVistula
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM
The bare-chested mermaid pic is not a good thing I think, since it involves a small child. For late teens and above, I don't see a problem, as long as they are in decent shape.

I was at the craft store today, and was shocked at a young girl of about 14 or so. She was going around in hip hugging, tight fitting jeans, and her button was undone, and her zipper was all the way down.

And all those times as a teenager when I declined to go into the craft store with my mother and stayed out in the car reading a book...who knew what I was missing out on!

Yeah, I know, the ending with the "Whore Off" is really gross, but everything up to it is really funny, but sad too.

Have you seen the "Death Camp of Tolerance" episode? Puts it all in context.

ladybright
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 03:19 PM
Of course girls and women should learn about self defense strategies, how to demand respect with body language and to be aware of their surroundings. Locking up women and girls for dressing in a provocative manner is just wrong.

There is no excusing criminal behavior and many statements like the one posted seem to place more blame on the victim to being 'there' in something other than a nuns habit than on the criminal.

Normal healthy activity will show some leg and arm and maybe a little midriff if you are doing heavy work. I greatly prefer a modest style skirt/dress or failing that knee lenght shorts in the summer. In cold weather I tend to long pants or ankle length skirts. I do not like the heavy Christian feel to this post but at least they are not saying that rape/abduction/murder are understandable. right?:|

If you cannot easily tell the difference between a child's shirt and a bra there is a real problem. Call it an undershirt and stop selling it. Sell regular camisoles to girls for goodness sakes.

"We have a policy to not sell bras for children. There had been a fuss about this before. We therefore call this item a top," Roger Halvarsson at Ica explained.

When pressed by news agency TT Halvarsson struggled to define the difference.

"I can not answer as to the difference. That is where the problem lies. A top is a short T-shirt with a shoulder strap. This is a designer top, but I must admit that on the picture it does look like a bra."Source (http://www.thelocal.se/17590/20090214/)

Ragnar Lodbrok
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 04:13 PM
If you ask me I think the whole thing is gross...the fact that these people have not even gone through puberty yet makes it even grosser.

Deary
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM
No one is blaming the victim or excusing criminal's actions, as the person clearly expresses in the article. No one is necessarily proposing that we all dress like nuns and muslims, but just to not be so revealing. It's merely one of those steps, like learning self-defense, as ladybright said, that needs to be taken so that we can better protect ourselves because it is likely a contributing factor in assaults and disappearances of women. Personally, I've noticed that when women dress more provocatively, men feel like they are more free to touch. If that's the message revealing clothing sends to men, if that's the behavior it provokes, then it's time we start wearing a little more, because it's easy to see how worse things could come from men. That doesn't mean men are any less wrong when they do things like that. It's just common sense. Like here, you don't go into shark or gator infested waters wearing or carrying bright things, splashing around a lot, or swimming in a certain manner because you might get bit.

I try to follow these rules:
Nothing extremely form-fitting.
No showing of underwear, including bras.
No sleeveless tops (including tank tops, camis, and the like) without a sweater or something to cover the shoulders. I would generally advise against tube tops or things with no sleeves whatsoever, though. These can fall down or get pulled down.
No tops that aren't long enough to be tucked in or are short enough to reveal the belly or back normally or when doing other activities. If this is the case, find something to wear over/underneath so that the back and belly is covered.
Nothing that would reveal the back or chest. If cleavage can be seen, even if only when bent over, it's not something to wear without something to cover yourself.
No transparent items without something to layer underneath so that it is no longer revealing.
No pants. If you must wear pants, stay away from the form-fitting, low-rise kind.
No skirts or dresses above the knee. I keep mine mid-knee or below.
No jewelry long enough that would draw attention to the bust.
No patterns on clothing that make your bust, bottom, or private parts obviously the center of attention.
If wearing something that, when the wind blows, reveals too much the outline of your body parts or would creep up, try finding a good slip or undergarment.
One piece swimsuits are often tasteful. Wraps and other covers can be worn with these.
That's all that comes to mind right now. It's a little harder, but it is possible to find fashionable, modest clothing. Also, I see nothing heavily Christian about the article. The most they do is mention church a few times :shrug

ÆinvargR
Saturday, February 21st, 2009, 05:55 PM
European societies have been conservative about clothing.
Of course, but that doesn't make it the original European mindset. Rather, it is a foreign, Christian one.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=109530

forkbeard
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Danish womens wear from 1200BC.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp234/wilhelmII/scan0026.jpg
I'm not saying don't cover up, its probably a good idea with so many aliens about.

Hauke Haien
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Of course, but that doesn't make it the original European mindset. Rather, it is a foreign, Christian one.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7928/080225vikingdress02.jpg

A gaudy oriental-inspired import and it may be true that Christians objected to it, but it is still far removed from what is considered "sexy" today. The picture in the previous post shows another reconstruction of the dress of the Egtved girl (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=111472), which was contemporaneous with long dresses and might also have been ritual in nature.

Either way, it is clear that the mindset of the ancestors was outside of anachronistic categories we apply today and many things that look contradictory from the perspective of modern degeneracy formed a logical and spiritual union back then.

If a healthier and un-Christian mindset can be combined with an appearance that is only superficially Christian, then I see no problem. Revealing dress styles are now heavily associated with the contemporary spirit that defines a successful woman as one that dies as a childless plastic puppet. Deviating from the superficial appearance of the Egtved girl seems like the most promising way to return to her spirit.

InvaderNat
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
It disgusting seeing girls 'pimp' themselves today, they all think it's cool to look like the pussycat dolls (pussycat s**ts). I never show an interest in these sorts of girls.

It doesn't mean you have to dress like a nun, but don't dress like a prostitute either.

Eoppoyz
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 10:56 PM
When I was about 11-12 years old it was girls in my class who used almost kind of these underwear: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-string

English Rose
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
I really was shocked to find how prudish people on this site seem to be!
I dress in what I suppose alot of you would call a 'slutty' way [as I sit typing this I'm wearing a skin tight top, hotpants and knee high black boots] and I'd like to set a few things straight.

Firstly, you do not get anymore unwanted attention when dressed in a provocative manner than if you dress in a formal way and despite what Deary thinks, men do not feel any more free to touch you. In my experience men often treat you more politely.

Secondly, it is not infact men that are the problem when you dress in a provocative manner - it's women. You would not believe the sheer torrent of abuse I get for dressing the way I do from females, I get every name under the sun from whore to slut to slag shouted at me, always by women who seem to share the same views as people in this thread. I very much like the way I dress, there is nothing wrong with my body and I have every right to wear what I want. I don't see what people think they have a right to critise. What ever happened to freedom of choice?

Thirdly, if someone is going to rape or abduct you, they will do so no matter what you're wearing. I have many friends who dress conservatively who have been followed by strange men or been in other dangerous situations, whereas I have not; so I can only conclude dress has nothing to do with it.

Finally, whilst I can entirely see the problem with the over sexualisation of very young girls; I do think that once a girl has reached an age where she realises the implications of such clothing [13,14,15yrs old perhaps] she should be free to wear what she wants. After all you're only young once so why not enjoy fashion while you can look good in it, cos looks don't last forever.

I hope you can all see things from my point of view :)

P.s. I don't think there is anything wrong with the PussyCat Dolls!

Ossi
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
I really was shocked to find how prudish people on this site seem to be!
Oh, the horror. :D

I dress in what I suppose alot of you would call a 'slutty' way [as I sit typing this I'm wearing a skin tight top, hotpants and knee high black boots] and I'd like to set a few things straight.
There are kinds of clothes which prostitutes wear typically. Like hotpants. :D If you wear these things you can't avoid the comparisons.

Firstly, you do not get anymore unwanted attention when dressed in a provocative manner than if you dress in a formal way and despite what Deary thinks, men do not feel any more free to touch you. In my experience men often treat you more politely.
Trust me, I'm a man. You get more attention.

Secondly, it is not infact men that are the problem when you dress in a provocative manner - it's women. You would not believe the sheer torrent of abuse I get for dressing the way I do from females, I get every name under the sun from whore to slut to slag shouted at me, always by women who seem to share the same views as people in this thread. I very much like the way I dress, there is nothing wrong with my body and I have every right to wear what I want. I don't see what people think they have a right to critise. What ever happened to freedom of choice?
Who cracked down on your freedom of choice? Dress like you want, but don't expect everyone to have a positive opinion of it. If you dress like a whore from the red light district, you'll be thought of as one. It's freedom of thought and expression, yes, the freedom to criticize you too.

Finally, whilst I can entirely see the problem with the over sexualisation of very young girls; I do think that once a girl has reached an age where she realises the implications of such clothing [13,14,15yrs old perhaps] she should be free to wear what she wants. After all you're only young once so why not enjoy fashion while you can look good in it, cos looks don't last forever.
Teenagers often think they understand something but they don't. That's why parental guidance is needed until they grow into adults. When they're on their own and independent enough to make their own living and be responsible, then they can dress like sluts if they want. Until then, they have to listen to mommy and daddy.

P.s. I don't think there is anything wrong with the PussyCat Dolls!
Except that they look like whores. :D

http://remix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pussycat-dolls.jpg

ladybright
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
In two of the three times I have been sexually assaulted in public (broad daylight, white guys, on the sidewalk in all three cases) I was wearing a full coverage top & long pants or long skirt. In one case I was wearing long shorts & a tank top. Conservative dress is not protection in my experience. Awareness of others and strong body language have helped me more.

* Modest, appropriate clothing--not tight jeans, shorts, tight tops, or short skirts. Long skirts and dresses will certainly encourage her safety, because she is not "advertising" herself.

* Be in the company of parents, not out unchaperoned with friends, and never alone.
(Because any girl out running errands is automatically unsafe or untrustworthy?)

* Stay under the protection and authority of parents, husband, or guardians.
I disagree with the idea that a woman should never go anywhere alone. We do not need men to protect us all the time. I am under the authority of no one else. My husband would defend me in any circumstance.

I like more conservative styles much of the time but I do not assume that women that wear 'sexy' clothes are cheap. Body language matters as much or more to me. Clothes that have printing on buttocks are annoying to me. I do not need to know that anyone has a 'juicy' bottom.

SwordOfTheVistula
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Conservative dress is not protection in my experience. Awareness of others and strong body language have helped me more.

They did a test with a bunch of criminals in prison, and came up with the same thing you are saying there. It was mainly the walk that caused them to select their victims, either too fast paced (nervous, uncomfortable) or too slow (lazy, unaware)

Deary
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
In two of the three times I have been sexually assaulted in public (broad daylight, white guys, on the sidewalk in all three cases) I was wearing a full coverage top & long pants or long skirt. In one case I was wearing long shorts & a tank top. Conservative dress is not protection in my experience. Awareness of others and strong body language have helped me more.

Modest clothing might offer some protection. You never know. For instance, there is a girl walking on one side of the street in a short skirt, tight top, and heels, and there is a girl on the other side walking in something which covers herself. Even if both might could have something happen to them, common sense tells me its the other girl who is not dressed modestly who is more likely to become a victim because her body is showing and that appeals to men. Personally, I'd feel safer in something modest than immodest. I'd rather dress modestly and have a right body language. I'm not going to take chances on one or the other alone regardless of what some study might conclude. I believe both will help me to not get into trouble. I'm sorry to hear about what happened.

Dagna
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
I believe the women who wear pants and tops with certain kinds of inscriptions do it for a special reason: they wish to attract attention upon that specific body part. That translates to either being easy/cheap, or to having huge self-esteem problems. If they receive attention, even in a negative way, they should not complain.

http://rlv.zcache.com/yummy_shirt-p235643739024959409tdh0_210.jpg

http://www.designerfashionhouse.com/i//Logofleeceset.jpg

English Rose
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Oh, the horror. :D

There are kinds of clothes which prostitutes wear typically. Like hotpants. :D If you wear these things you can't avoid the comparisons.

Trust me, I'm a man. You get more attention.

Who cracked down on your freedom of choice? Dress like you want, but don't expect everyone to have a positive opinion of it. If you dress like a whore from the red light district, you'll be thought of as one. It's freedom of thought and expression, yes, the freedom to criticize you too.

Teenagers often think they understand something but they don't. That's why parental guidance is needed until they grow into adults. When they're on their own and independent enough to make their own living and be responsible, then they can dress like sluts if they want. Until then, they have to listen to mommy and daddy.

Except that they look like whores. :D

http://remix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pussycat-dolls.jpg

1. There are thousands of people in the world who wear hotpants who aren't prostitutes as well, so its silly to compare any girl who wears one to a whore.

2. I didn't say I don't get more attention, I said I don't get more unwanted attention. There's no rise in slimy men giving sleazy come ons or anything like that, just more "oh don't you look nice today" or "I like your outfit" which I don't think any woman would object to being told!

3. I'll tell you who cracked down on freedom of choice, people like you in this thread and the random women that abuse me on the street. Fair enough if people don't like the fashion but that doesn't mean they have the right to try and belittle me by comparing me to a whore or other such person and trying to make me change by knocking my confidence through insults, when I am doing nothing more than being myself, and really, its not as though how other people dress effects anyone else, so I don't see what the problem is!
There are plenty of fashion styles I'm not keen on too- emo, for example, but I don't judge them by calling them all wrist slashers nor do i hurl abuse at them.

4. Not all prostitutes dress in the way mentioned in this thread, I have seen many that wear simple everyday clothing such as loose fitting jeans and a puffy overcoat, does that mean I should judge all the people I see dressed like that as whores?!? I don't think so.

4. Teenagers can understand alot more than you realise at an early age, give them credit for having brains of their own.

Dagna
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
I'll tell you who cracked down on freedom of choice, people like you in this thread and the random women that abuse me on the street. Fair enough if people don't like the fashion but that doesn't mean they have the right to try and belittle me by comparing me to a whore or other such person and trying to make me change by knocking my confidence through insults, when I am doing nothing more than being myself, and really, its not as though how other people dress effects anyone else, so I don't see what the problem is!
There are plenty of fashion styles I'm not keen on too- emo, for example, but I don't judge them by calling them all wrist slashers nor do i hurl abuse at them.
How is anyone in this thread or otherwise "cracking down" on your freedom of choice? Are we preventing you from wearing the type of clothes you like? I don't believe so. But we do have opinions and as long as there is freedom of speech on this forum (and in society), we are going to express them. We believe certain kind of attire is low-class/trash and we say so. That might or might not have consequences on others' choice of dressing. We cannot force anyone to agree with us or live by our standards. Do you have a problem with people expressing their disgust towards certain kinds of attire? Are you expecting political correctness?

English Rose
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
How is anyone in this thread or otherwise "cracking down" on your freedom of choice? Are we preventing you from wearing the type of clothes you like? I don't believe so. But we do have opinions and as long as there is freedom of speech on this forum (and in society), we are going to express them. We believe certain kind of attire is low-class/trash and we say so. That might or might not have consequences on others' choice of dressing. We cannot force anyone to agree with us or live by our standards. Do you have a problem with people expressing their disgust towards certain kinds of attire? Are you expecting political correctness?

Perhaps cracking down is the wrong phrase, I only used it as a response to Ossi's original remark, and no I'm certainly not expecting political correctness, however I just feel that this thread is somewhat promoting the idea that its ok for people to class all women like me as prostitutes, when we most certainly are not, and when this idea gets promoted it leads to more abuse on the street and I don't think anyone, even if they were a real prostitute, deserves to have insults shouted at them wherever they go.
Also whilst I have no probs with someone simply disliking how I dress, it just seems so hate filled and pointless to start a thread which does nothing but critise others for living their life the way they choose, if they were doing any harm I would understand, but they're not.

Deary
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Also whilst I have no probs with someone simply disliking how I dress, it just seems so hate filled and pointless to start a thread which does nothing but critise others for living their life the way they choose, if they were doing any harm I would understand, but they're not.

The intention of my thread was to reveal an alternate reason to promote modest dressing - the idea that it might be a safer for women. I wanted to move away from the common reasons why one would promote modest dressing and find a point that perhaps most people could agree with. There was nothing hate-filled in that or in the article at all.

English Rose
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
The intention of my thread was to reveal an alternate reason to promote modest dressing - the idea that it might be a safer for women. I wanted to move away from the common reasons why one would promote modest dressing and find a point that perhaps most people could agree with. There was nothing hate-filled in that or in the article at all.

Yes, sorry - I realized after I posted, I was just a bit annoyed and typing in the heat of the moment; what I should have said is that it's a shame that the thread has so much criticism for provocatively dressed women in it, when we really aren't as bad as some people think. I know your post was only filled with good intentions so please except my deepest apology, I didnt mean to cause offense to you. Believe it or not, I do think it's nice when women dress modestly as well, especially if it makes them feel safer.

Ragnar Lodbrok
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM

I disagree with the idea that a woman should never go anywhere alone. We do not need men to protect us all the time. I am under the authority of no one else. My husband would defend me in any circumstance.

I like more conservative styles much of the time but I do not assume that women that wear 'sexy' clothes are cheap. Body language matters as much or more to me. Clothes that have printing on buttocks are annoying to me. I do not need to know that anyone has a 'juicy' bottom.

I know right there is nothing unsafe about a young lady running errands alone, unless someone has a reason why they expect you somewhere with them everybody can do whatever they want.

Sigurd
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
I remember vividly one episode in boarding school - well not exactly in boarding school, but during a shopping trip to Glasgow when I was about 14 or 15.

Somewhen during our several-hour stay, we checked into Burger King (leave that standing for the minute) to get some food. We stood ourselves near a high table near the entrance and started munching on our processed burgers.

Suddenly comes this collection of young school girls in, perhaps nine or ten years of age, wearing high-heeled boots, mini skirts and stomach-free tops. They had purses, some had leather ones, some lepard-patterned ones. Drenched in make-up, moving their hips like they were some erotic dancers in the latest hip-hop video. Next, in their most Paris Hiltonesque fashion (well, Paris Hilton wasn't known back then, but you know what I mean) they threw their hair about and threw us a wink before they proceeded to the till.

My jaw dropped and I looked at my mate. I looked back at the girls and back at my mate, then rolled my eyes and murmured - "What the Hel?" I found that deeply alarming and this must have been the first time I seriously asked myself: "What on earth is wrong with today's youth and children?"

In a way it was a wake-up call to allow me to question today's pop culture and look for the causes. The degeneration of decency and the oversexualisation we experience are bad enough in themselves - but when you get pre-pubescent girls running around like music video extras, fetish porn stars, with the most decent style on display being WAG-fashion ... O tempora, o mores. :|

burnitdown
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
I'd rather dress modestly and have a right body language.

Modesty says: I value myself and I'm not here for the taking.

It also says: I know enough about life not to cheapen myself.

Slutty dressing says: I have low self-esteem and was raped by a parent.

It's obvious which one smart people will value, and which dumb people will fear.

Hauke Haien
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
what I should have said is that it's a shame that the thread has so much criticism for provocatively dressed women in it, when we really aren't as bad as some people think
It is not completely impossible to connect such a dress style with sound personal values, but the cultural values attached to it in modern Western culture are hedonism and a generally negative attitude towards life. This justifies the assumption that those who dress that way might share such values, even though it is not true in every single case.

ladybright
Monday, February 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Modesty says: I value myself and I'm not here for the taking.

It also says: I know enough about life not to cheapen myself.

Slutty dressing says: I have low self-esteem and was raped by a parent.

It's obvious which one smart people will value, and which dumb people will fear.
I object to your statement. You appear to be making light of major abuse by tying it to questionable fashion.

Some predators focus on victims that they think will not report a rape/assault. They go for conservatively dressed women who look shy/uncomfortable/looking down/submissive. I am not telling anyone to not dress conservatively just do not rely on it as protection.

It is provable that many children that are abused become more sexually active than children with a normal childhood. Many women who have been molested try to have no one look at them by wearing long loose clothing and fading into the background.

English Rose
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
It is not completely impossible to connect such a dress style with sound personal values, but the cultural values attached to it in modern Western culture are hedonism and a generally negative attitude towards life. This justifies the assumption that those who dress that way might share such values, even though it is not true in every single case.

I do realise there is a lot of truth in what you say, however I do think that there is actually a higher proportion of women who dress 'slutty' who also have sound moral than most people think, that is the case in my experience anyway; though I'm sure it may differ in different parts of the world where cultures affect fashion differently.

I'd also like to add that whilst I'm pro any woman dressing provocatively because that's the style she likes, it breaks my heart when people do it because of insecurity/lack of self belief, those people need to realise they are attractive because of who they are not what they wear.

As for burnitdown's comment - in my opinion you are wrong to not only generalise people who dress 'slutty' but also to show so little regard and understanding for people that have suffered abuse or rape and I agree wholeheartedly with ladybright.

Ossi
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Perhaps cracking down is the wrong phrase, I only used it as a response to Ossi's original remark, and no I'm certainly not expecting political correctness, however I just feel that this thread is somewhat promoting the idea that its ok for people to class all women like me as prostitutes, when we most certainly are not, and when this idea gets promoted it leads to more abuse on the street and I don't think anyone, even if they were a real prostitute, deserves to have insults shouted at them wherever they go.
Nobody was talking about "women like you" until you stepped in this thread and gave us details about your hotpants and tops. People were talking about teenagers and children and there was nothing hateful, it was concern.

You have your freedom of choice but that comes with responsibility and maturity to accept that there will be consequences for your choices. Most people are not sound enough to realize that and live with it. Faggots have the freedom to be faggots, but they also expect everyone to embrace their choice and consider them normal. Prostitutes have the freedom to have sex for money, but they also expect everyone to embrace their choice and consider their services a "job like any other". Well you can't have them both. As long as you wear slutty clothes you'll be judged. Like it or not. If these clothes were decent they wouldn't be used in the porn and sex industry.

English Rose
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Nobody was talking about "women like you" until you stepped in this thread and gave us details about your hotpants and tops. People were talking about teenagers and children and there was nothing hateful, it was concern.

You have your freedom of choice but that comes with responsibility and maturity to accept that there will be consequences for your choices. Most people are not sound enough to realize that and live with it. Faggots have the freedom to be faggots, but they also expect everyone to embrace their choice and consider them normal. Prostitutes have the freedom to have sex for money, but they also expect everyone to embrace their choice and consider their services a "job like any other". Well you can't have them both. As long as you wear slutty clothes you'll be judged. Like it or not. If these clothes were decent they wouldn't be used in the porn and sex industry.

Well, it is about people like me as at 19 I'm still one of the teenagers you mentioned, albeit not for much longer, but when I was younger I dressed the same way and received the same sort of abuse that I do now, so I know exactly how the younger teenagers and children feel.
You may say the remarks are made out of concern but it doesn't seem very helpful to me to compare young girls, who are probably just following a fashion style they like, to slut and whores.
Please understand my comments are only made out of concern for these girls too, as having gone through it [eg. being spat at and been followed around by people shouting whore at 13yrs old, most often by grown women] I am just worried that people may feel it is ok to treat girls like this [I know no-one has said that it is] and I'm just trying to make sure people see things from young people point of view, I don't have any problem with people disliking the fashion or finding it distasteful.

Anyway just because clothes are used in a porno it doesn't necessarily mean they are distasteful, after all men in pornos often wear relatively normal clothes - but that doesn't mean we class every man on the street wearing similar stuff as a gigalo.

SwordOfTheVistula
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Suddenly comes this collection of young school girls in, perhaps nine or ten years of age

9-10 years old is too young, as they are too young to be attracting male attention in the first place. For teens and women in their 20s, I don't see a problem, it is natural for them to make themselves as attractive as possible.

Eoppoyz
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Don't forget the psychological consequences.

Blood_Axis
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I have a couple of cents to add to this highly intriguing thread :)

1 cent:

One factor we should be taking into account, asides from modesty, and/or safety, is comfort.

There are certain items of clothing that I avoid because they are highly uncomfortable and potentially dangerous to your health.

e.g. High heels. Extremely uncomfortable and you run the constant risk of straining your ankle, falling, but also damaging your skeletal system due to extreme strain on the back, that results from weight shifting.

Tight pants and jeans. Except from being uncomfotable, they favor the development of gynaecological conditions such as yeast infections and inflammations.
The female genitals need space to 'breathe', and confinement in tight clothes can only have negative consequences for the reproductive system.

Skin-tight tops and blouses, especially those that are synthetic. They cause skin rashes to those with sensitive skin (such as myself).

Corsets and extra tight tops. To be worn only in special occassions, as they won't allow you to breathe properly.

Push-up bras. Besides being highly uncomfortable, they literally ruin the natural shape of the breast. I stopped wearing them years ago, I go for soft material that gently embraces and holds the breasts instead of squashing them together.

G-strings. Besides offering no protection whatsoever (as underwear should), they also irritate the tender area.

You get the picture. I generally go for loose dresses worn with tights and flat boots, loose military-style pants worn with sneakers, and stuff like that. I gave away my platforms and high heels because I can't walk on them anymore. Comfort is everything to me.

2 cents:

As far as protection is concerned, I don't think it matters what you're wearing. I've personally been attacked twice (one was a really close call of getting raped), and both times I was wearing a long overcoat, scarf on my neck and knee-high boots. My face was the only naked part of me.
Of course, dressing up like the Pussycat Dolls and going out in a not-so-safe area, you're kind of playing with fire. But in the end, if you're gonna get raped, it's not gonna matter to the rapist, what you're wearing.

3 cents:

While I dislike the current fashion trends and refuse to wear low cut jeans, 10cm long skirts :D and hot pants (I don't feel like I have the body to do that even if I wanted), I also dislike the idea of dressing like a nun.

I like feminine items that flatter the female figure without overpronouncing it or revealing too much.
I don't see anything wrong in wearing something moderately sexy (the dresses I posted earlier in this thread being an example).

I also think that a golden rule for women is, accentuate only one thing at a time.

If wearing a somewhat revealing top, wear something loose and long at the bottom.
If wearing a short skirt, wear something less revealing on top.
Revealing everything at the same time is aesthetically unappealling and slutty. My three cents. :)

forkbeard
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 03:23 PM
How to avoid sexual harrasment and social disapproval.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp234/wilhelmII/kashmiri.jpg

FriggasSpindle
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I myself feel that the age of 13 is too young to be dressing so provocatively. I for one am concerned about young girls, who are still supposed to be under the supervision of their parents, dressing themselves to expose and advertise their goods. As long as you live under the roof of your parents, you should dress how they allow you to. And modern parents seem to be greatly lacking in common sense in protecting their young daughters. Not only their bodies, but their minds as well. Over-sexualization at too young of an age is not healthy. Girls should dress, and act their ages. Leave the revealing clothes until they grow up, and move out of the house if that's what they want. But, not when you're still a minor.

Cynehelm
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
In general, I don't think women are abducted, attacked, etc. because they dress provocatively. That sounds too much like blaming the victim for my taste.

However, women who routinely dress in a provocative manner (as opposed to merely "looking good") often have narcissistic personalities. They dress that way to manipulate males and become the center of attention, not just because they take pride in their appearance. I don't think it's a good idea to encourage that kind of behavior pattern.

Dagna
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM
How to avoid sexual harrasment and social disapproval.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp234/wilhelmII/kashmiri.jpg
I believe this will get you social disapproval, unless you live in Saudi Arabia or Iran. Just read about the burqua debates.

triedandtru
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I think there is a definite balance involved, not only in that depending on the season showing more skin might be more appropriate because of heat, but also within cultural bounds. I personally think showing too much skin is less sexy than showing only a little.

SwordOfTheVistula
Thursday, February 26th, 2009, 06:23 AM
As long as you live under the roof of your parents, you should dress how they allow you to. And modern parents seem to be greatly lacking in common sense in protecting their young daughters. Not only their bodies, but their minds as well. Over-sexualization at too young of an age is not healthy. Girls should dress, and act their ages. Leave the revealing clothes until they grow up, and move out of the house if that's what they want. But, not when you're still a minor.

Well, how are they supposed to find a guy while still living with their parents then? I don't think the advertising is a problem, it's who they sell to.

Thrymheim
Thursday, February 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Limit activities to those supervised at home, church, and family events. If they have no real business in the public (aside from grocery shopping, acts of charity, visiting the sick, and other essential things done in the daylight), they need to be at home. Women don't need a "girls' night out" at a bar, nor do they need to "hang out" somewhere. They don't need a whole pack of friends to give them personal esteem. They need to find their identity in the people God has put in their lives, such as siblings, parents, grandparents, church members, and husbands.

* Stay under the protection and authority of parents, husband, or guardians

Why are we even reading this? To blame rape and abduction on the woman is plain wrong. Men and men only are responsible for their actions, Women don't need friends???????? That'll be why their suicide rates are so much higher where this type of behaviour is considered the norm.

Nachtengel
Thursday, February 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
This stuff is too Christian for my taste. I understand (and perfectly agree) with protecting children from oversexualization, but grown women? Come on! Many rapes are committed by someone the victim knows, by the parent, husband or guardian who is supposed to be protecting women. Modest clothing won't make a difference then. And sorry, I won't limit my activities to home and church. I'm not a nun. I prefer a girls' night out to acting like a pious Christian or Muslim.

Deary
Thursday, February 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Why are we even reading this? To blame rape and abduction on the woman is plain wrong. Men and men only are responsible for their actions, Women don't need friends???????? That'll be why their suicide rates are so much higher where this type of behaviour is considered the norm.
I, myself, don't agree with everything written in the article, but it does bring up some good ideas. I don't think the person who wrote this meant that women don't need friends. There are a good number of young ladies nowadays who surround themselves with, not meaningful people and truly special friends, but merely hang-out buddies and lots of them. They basically use them to go drinking and clubbing with and their self-esteem lowers if they haven't any of them around. The person who wrote the article was probably directing their words towards that and trying to point out that there are more important people to spend one's time with and safer ways and places in which to do so. For many, that would be at home, the neighborhood, and at church. Also, can you quote where women are being blamed for the actions of men?

This stuff is too Christian for my taste. I understand (and perfectly agree) with protecting children from oversexualization, but grown women? Come on! Many rapes are committed by someone the victim knows, by the parent, husband or guardian who is supposed to be protecting women. Modest clothing won't make a difference then. And sorry, I won't limit my activities to home and church. I'm not a nun. I prefer a girls' night out to acting like a pious Christian or Muslim.

Being oversexualized is not okay for children but it is for grown women? How are we supposed to protect the children from oversexualization if so many grown women today set such wonderful standards by dressing provocatively and such? Just because a woman is older doesn't mean she shouldn't know better and work towards setting an good example for those around her. Not all rapes are like how you describe either. Many are known to happen when women are having a "girls night out" partying. They get too drunk and men take advantage of them or slip something in their drink, etc. The next night they can't remember what happened or who did it. My friends and I never really did such things like having a girls night out and we never felt the urge to. We always found plenty of exciting things to do near home, in the daytime, where and when it was safe. So, it's hard for me to identify with this attitude.

Nachtengel
Saturday, February 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Being oversexualized is not okay for children but it is for grown women? How are we supposed to protect the children from oversexualization if so many grown women today set such wonderful standards by dressing provocatively and such? Just because a woman is older doesn't mean she shouldn't know better and work towards setting an good example for those around her. Not all rapes are like how you describe either. Many are known to happen when women are having a "girls night out" partying. They get too drunk and men take advantage of them or slip something in their drink, etc. The next night they can't remember what happened or who did it. My friends and I never really did such things like having a girls night out and we never felt the urge to. We always found plenty of exciting things to do near home, in the daytime, where and when it was safe. So, it's hard for me to identify with this attitude.
I think it's obvious what works for older women doesn't for children. There are different standards.

I'm not an admirer of oversexualization, but I'm not an advocate of "if you've got it, hide it" either. Clothing won't make a difference if someone is out to get you and it doesn't need a girls' night out to happen either. Some women got raped when they were taking out the trash. But that's not a reason to lock women up in the house because who knows, it might happen to them too. Who knows, maybe they'll have an accident and die in the house. We can't live in protective bubbles 24/7.

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, March 1st, 2009, 12:01 PM
But the children like to imitate and they adults as examples. In my view adult women should keep a bit of standard too. It's going a little bit too far. The low rise jeans are so low the women gave up wearing underwear with them, unless they're in the rap scene and they like to show the underwear visibly. I'm even seeing some teachers wearing low rise jeans with lacy underwear shown on purpose. That's a little bit too much.

ÆinvargR
Sunday, March 1st, 2009, 08:24 PM
Let's not drive cars, lest the children try to do the same.

Deary
Monday, March 2nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
Let's not drive cars, lest the children try to do the same.

Driving cars is necessary. Being revealing is not.

Nachtengel
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
But the children like to imitate and they adults as examples. In my view adult women should keep a bit of standard too. It's going a little bit too far. The low rise jeans are so low the women gave up wearing underwear with them, unless they're in the rap scene and they like to show the underwear visibly. I'm even seeing some teachers wearing low rise jeans with lacy underwear shown on purpose. That's a little bit too much.
There is a time and a place for everything. For teachers it's inappropriate of course. You don't go to a formal meeting wearing casual clothes either. But I can't see how heels, short skirts, sleeveless tops, tank tops and other attire are wrong. The woman in the first picture looks like a Muslim. That's appropriate for Afghanistan maybe, but not the Germanic world.

Deary
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
When women allow themselves to be so revealing they are sending the message that it is okay. Dressing immodestly has become so commonplace it is growing acceptable to more and more people. Before, you would have rarely seen anyone walking around dressed in things like short skirts (I've seen more private parts because of these things than I care to), sleeveless tops, etc. unless they were on a corner of a red light district. Now, you see it everywhere. Now, we have to worry about the teachers and the 10 year old children dressing this way and it's insane that we should have to. It's insane that few of us get compared to muslims just for asking women to not go walking around dressed provocatively, nearly half-naked, showing off their goods in public and for feeling that we have an ounce of responsibility to the rest of the world.

Nachtengel
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
When women allow themselves to be so revealing they are sending the message that it is okay. Dressing immodestly has become so commonplace it is growing acceptable to more and more people. Before, you would have rarely seen anyone walking around dressed in things like short skirts (I've seen more private parts because of these things than I care to), sleeveless tops, etc. unless they were on a corner of a red light district. Now, you see it everywhere. Now, we have to worry about the teachers and the 10 year old children dressing this way and it's insane that we should have to. It's insane that few of us get compared to muslims just for asking women to not go walking around dressed provocatively, nearly half-naked, showing off their goods in public and for feeling that we have an ounce of responsibility to the rest of the world.
What "goods" are there shown if a woman wears a sleeveless top or shows her shoulders or a bit of leg? Even centuries ago women wore corset dresses, revealed some cleavage and had naked shoulders, even the aristocracy figures.

http://krant.telegraaf.nl/krant/enverder/venster/reizen/fotos/reis.971101sissi.jpg

And miniskirts were worn by our ancient ancestors.

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/7bc/655/7bc655b4-bb5d-43f2-a613-195fb2c080b4

Do such women look like red light district prostitutes? I'd say they look refined and charming.

http://elitechoice.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/dianagown.JPG

Viking women dressed provocatively:

Exaggerated prudery is a Muslim/Christian feature.

Blood_Axis
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
Another two cents to add:

First, it is important to define what we think of as 'revealing' and immodest,

for example I don't consider this to be revealing/immodest:

http://www.kuyah.co.uk/store/images/cross%20over%20cotton%20dress%20front.jp g

whereas I consider this to be so:

http://www.ziggis.co.uk/WEB-SHILOH-SHORT-DRESS-NOIR.jpg

And so it goes.

Second, we need to realize that what we consider as revealing/immodest depends much on what kind of society we live in...

And by that, I mean that I would have never thought of a woman's naked shoulders as provocative/revealing, but for muslim standards even the view of hair is considered to be immodest and revealing.

The more muslims (and similar groups) we bring into our societies, the more in danger we are of getting assaulted/raped because of wearing a tank top or a summer dress.

But the question needs to be asked: is this what we want for our women?

Living up to the standards of eastern nomad tribes so that they won't be considered as revealing?

I very well understand Deary's concerns, especially since I've also been fed up by the sight of teenagers looking like this:

http://dafnomili.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/350parelasi17.jpg

...but then again covering oneself up is not a solution either. European women have always had their style and elegance, there are intermediates to being dressed like a slut and to being all covered-up. :)

Nachtengel
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
If you've got it, hide it. :thumbup

http://www.un.org/Pubs/chronicle/2002/issue3/081902_afghan_women.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_01/SaudiArabianwomenG_468x555.jpg

Sigurd
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
If you've got it, hide it. :thumbup

Excuse the morbid cynicism, but I yet have to hear about a Muslim woman who is raped by anyone except her husband. :shrug :wsg

On another note - I think Blaxis summed it up pretty well: There's no need to go veiled like a Muslima, nor is there a need to dress like you worked in a gentleman's club: An intermediate is, like with many matters related to style, the healthiest option.

Like I said elsewhere ("Getting used to dresses" thread) - give me a world full of women in knee-length dresses and I'm in paradise. :D :thumbup

Patrioten
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Excuse the morbid cynicism, but I yet have to hear about a Muslim woman who is raped by anyone except her husband. :shrug :wsgThat's because the rapists know what would happen to them if they did, whilst if they rape a Swedish girl or a German girl, nothing happens to them, the justice system wont help them and their families wont help them, and they know it. European women are victims of race based crimes and all the cloth in the world wont save them.

Sigurd
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 05:05 PM
European women are victims of race based crimes and all the cloth in the world wont save them.

I know - that's where the subtle sarcasm comes from. As the claim that less modest dress of European girls in this day and age invites rapists to let their perverted urge to get the better of them is, of course, totally absurd. ;)

Nachtengel
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Excuse the morbid cynicism, but I yet have to hear about a Muslim woman who is raped by anyone except her husband. :shrug :wsg
If I'm not mistaken, rape and adultery is punished with death and the execution methods aren't painless ones: hanging, stoning to death, beheading, done in public squares. Under these circumstances Muslim women could wear absolutely nothing and they still wouldn't get raped.

Deary
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
What "goods" are there shown if a woman wears a sleeveless top or shows her shoulders or a bit of leg? Even centuries ago women wore corset dresses, revealed some cleavage and had naked shoulders, even the aristocracy figures.
As I already explained, usually when skirts get to be a certain height, it's easier to see what is up them, and too many times have I been able to see what is up them. I think sleeveless and clevage-bearing things are not the most decent items. They're things I like to avoid and I wouldn't mind seeing more women choosing to do so. As I recall, in the past, dresses which were off-the-shoulder were only thought of as evening wear or for special occasions and it was considered inappropriate to wear them at other times or for everyday like we see now. I don't feel as though I'm asking too much. If I had an exaggerated sense of prudery I would be proposing we all cover ourselves from head to toe like muslims, but that isn't what I'm doing at all. I just think having a little more modesty can't hurt.

Less like this:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V284151.jpg

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V245392_EDIT_ZC.jpg

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V284092.jpg

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V283545_1.jpg

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V272678_CROP1.jpg

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V272708_B_0552.jpg

More like this:
http://fashion.elle.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/08/leifsdottir2.jpg

http://fashion.elle.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/08/leifsdottir.jpg

http://moodboard.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/04/tulhat.jpg

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/0/3987/01_2008/a17a4fb9842fe61e_Picture_1.png

http://www.ba-reps.com/artists/618/2740/anthro%201-.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2272/2085045456_7455795c03.jpg?v=0

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_F7KtOmIrSfY/R1NusL8OCNI/AAAAAAAAANI/yyyfILx6XJo/s1600-R/catalog6.jpg

http://prettylittlethings.typepad.com/.a/6a00df3520bf348834010534b28783970b-350wi

GroeneWolf
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
A woman can dress sexy without looking cheap.

That's because the rapists know what would happen to them if they did, whilst if they rape a Swedish girl or a German girl, nothing happens to them, the justice system wont help them and their families wont help them, and they know it. European women are victims of race based crimes and all the cloth in the world wont save them.

I have spend a lot of time on anti-islam forumes with a very brad international membership and there are plenty of such cases. Only they are hardly mentioned. But those rapevictims are also 'honour'killed or punished for adultary because she does not have the required four male witnishes.

Deary
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
I know - that's where the subtle sarcasm comes from. As the claim that less modest dress of European girls in this day and age invites rapists to let their perverted urge to get the better of them is, of course, totally absurd. ;)

I watched a BBC documentary once about some Mexican men who were imprisoned (in different prisons) for raping women. They deliberately and almost always targeted women who were dressed immodestly, wearing short skirts, etc. Their logic was that if a woman dresses in such a way she has little respect for herself and that they should have no respect for her. They believed a woman who goes outside dressed in such a way, especially alone, has no one that cared enough about her to stop her, so they raped these women. We have a fair amount of Mexicans here in some states and I've read of other rapists who used such logic as well. Even regular men tend to treat women with less respect if she's dressed a certain way. Predators notice these things. It's not absurd. It's very real.

Wulfram
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
My ideal image of a young woman who is confident with her modest way of dress and can still be very alluring. This is class to me.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/katemidd-795377.jpg

Astrid Runa
Thursday, April 23rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
You want my opinion?
What a girl wears has absolutely nothing to do with the rise in the amount of girls being raped or killed. Absolutely nothing.

Now, I don't like girls clothing beacuse it's uncomfortable. I've been called a tomboy because I wear guys clothing. Yet, I walk down the street and guys wolf whsitle at me. And I'm wearing guys jeans and a guys polo shirt. It's the way I look, not the way I dress. I wear eyeliner and mascara on my face. No more than that. So I'm not exactly wearing "whoreish" clothing and make up, am I?

On another note - I think Blaxis summed it up pretty well: There's no need to go veiled like a Muslima, nor is there a need to dress like you worked in a gentleman's club: An intermediate is, like with many matters related to style, the healthiest option.

Like I said elsewhere ("Getting used to dresses" thread) - give me a world full of women in knee-length dresses and I'm in paradise. :D :thumbup

I'm not your kind of gal, then.
I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal. ;)

Sigurd
Thursday, April 23rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not your kind of gal, then.
I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal. ;)

LOL. There comes the paradoxon. Paradise is called paradise because you usually can't have it, or because reality looks different. As far as the theory goes, I want women to look and behave like the epitome of feminity as that's how my ideal looks like. :P

But theories don't always work in practice. Usually when I meet proper girly-girls who cry at everything, are absolutely useless at the things I'm good at, spend 75 hrs/week at the shopping centre etc. they usually already don't interest me because it'd quickly annoy me. In practice, Barbie Dolls are alas not for Teutons. ;)

At least my Ex sometimes wore summer dresses and her hair in braids, for my sake. That was then, at least, one step closer to paradise. :D

Astrid Runa
Friday, April 24th, 2009, 02:59 PM
LOL. There comes the paradoxon. Paradise is called paradise because you usually can't have it, or because reality looks different. As far as the theory goes, I want women to look and behave like the epitome of feminity as that's how my ideal looks like. :P

But theories don't always work in practice. Usually when I meet proper girly-girls who cry at everything, are absolutely useless at the things I'm good at, spend 75 hrs/week at the shopping centre etc. they usually already don't interest me because it'd quickly annoy me. In practice, Barbie Dolls are alas not for Teutons. ;)

At least my Ex sometimes wore summer dresses and her hair in braids, for my sake. That was then, at least, one step closer to paradise. :D

Oh God. Even I dislike girly girls.
Eugh *shudder*.

I wear skirts on the odd occasion, but only if it's a special occasion. I wear dresses on holiday if I'm in a warm country like Spain.
Mind you, that being said, I went through a Goth phase where I wore my Lolita skirt on some of the coldest days of the year. That's us hardy scotswomen for ye.

Okay, back on topic.

Aryianut
Friday, May 1st, 2009, 05:34 PM
It's really disgusting to see what our society now sees as acceptable. Children are sexualized at such a young age by beauty pageants and the like.

It's scary to think what the next generation will think is okay.

velvet
Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
* Modest, appropriate clothing--not tight jeans, shorts, tight tops, or short skirts. Long skirts and dresses will certainly encourage her safety, because she is not "advertising" herself.

* Be in the company of parents, not out unchaperoned with friends, and never alone.

* Limit activities to those supervised at home, church, and family events. If they have no real business in the public (aside from grocery shopping, acts of charity, visiting the sick, and other essential things done in the daylight), they need to be at home. Women don't need a "girls' night out" at a bar, nor do they need to "hang out" somewhere. They don't need a whole pack of friends to give them personal esteem. They need to find their identity in the people God has put in their lives, such as siblings, parents, grandparents, church members, and husbands.

:thumbdown

Yeah, right, let's lock away the girls at the oven as soon as they're able to walk. Let's cover them in burkas, no skin, no hair, nothing visible and locked into a chastity belt as a gift to unveil by the lucky husband who won her in highest bidder lottery for an unseen, virgin women. Of course girls and women dont need friends, they have their oven, right?

What's next? Lock our entire people away because they could be robbed or killed by immigrants? As always this is just laboring at the symptoms, not the cause.

Remove the alien elements from the populace, restore allover decency in the people and women could walk naked without fearing to get raped. But no, of course we surrender to their sick anti-life-standards. Think I'm bonkers... :oanieyes

White Africa
Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I can't see how wearing a sleeveless top or shorts is indecent. The way you dress also depends on the climate in your area and your occupation. But anyway, covering everything is a Muslim habit, and we shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies.

yesreid
Saturday, February 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I can't see how wearing a sleeveless top or shorts is indecent. The way you dress also depends on the climate in your area and your occupation. But anyway, covering everything is a Muslim habit, and we shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies.

i agree on the climate. wear anthing you want as long as it doesnt show your sexual organs or anything that sends a mesaage of some sort of sexual trigger.

another thing i grew hate is how people use breasts as an object. people should understand the importance of breasts. they are for milk = (for a baby) not to lure men. breast implants will probably ruin the chances of breastfeeding and its just disgusting. publically displaying your rack is what dispise the most but maybe when in a relationship it might me acceptable but come on i mean if you do that you might aswell walk around wearing leaves over your body like adam and eve.

OneWolf
Saturday, February 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Man I guess I'm weird .My motto is "If you got it ,flaunt it".I would like nothing more than to run around in the nude.Some of you need to loosen up and live a little.

www.usmbooks.com/nazi_nudes_book_2.html

Sól
Sunday, March 28th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I think some of the attitude here is too puritan and middle age like. Sleeveless shirts and shorts aren't always cheap looking. Being cheap looking is a whole style that depends on the way clothes are made. You can have whorish clothes which cover the entire body but are shaped or printed in a way to suggest sexual messages, and neutral clothes which only cover part of it. I don't think it's necessary to cover the head for example.

Ediruc
Sunday, April 4th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Well, we live in such a perverted society now thanks to multiculturalism, it is really just a war on our women. I have a vision for a better society. A society where multiculturalism doesn't exist. A purely Anglo-Saxon modern society, enjoying all the pleasures of today's society, but with the absolute removal of murderers, rapists, bullies, and multiculturalism and all the other immoral and nasty things that came with it.

That society though is a fantasy. It's a fantasy which I have explored in my writings and short stories. It is a difficult fantasy to grasp, I think.

And, the war known as multiculturalism has really taken the front to the youth of today. The youth is where it counts, and if the perpetrators and conspirators can pervert the youth of Western civilization, then they're certainly winning the war.

Such icons as Miley Cyrus, television shows like Jersey Shore, Real World, ect... programs like MTV, are just examples of that cesspool of depravity which the youth of the West are influenced by and corrupted by.

Ralf
Sunday, April 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
If you saw a starving man would you flaunt your dinner in front of him, let him smell the delicious aromas then leave him starving?

There is another thread here about how good childhood was, one of the things I liked about childhood was the freedom from the bondage to constant sexual hunger, you where free to enjoy other things in life.

Now all this flaunting of flesh, even just the shape of a woman in tight clothes can be a sexual trigger that causes starving men misery and a frustration that is so strong it leaves little room for enjoying anything else in life.

The instruction of God that women should be modestly dressed, and it used to be Christians also that heeded this, not just Muslims, wasnt the repression of women, it was the protection of man from such a powerfull instinct.
If you have a wife then you can get to enjoy her beauty if private, not inticiing others to want to sexually know your wife.
If you cannot get a wife due to some misfortune, at least you should be free to enjoy what you can from life without being constantly reminded of the ecstacy that is never to be available to you.

This is one area I think the Muslims have got right, to an extent, not when they cover thier faces as well.

Forest_Dweller
Tuesday, April 6th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I think some of the attitude here is too puritan and middle age like. Sleeveless shirts and shorts aren't always cheap looking. Being cheap looking is a whole style that depends on the way clothes are made. You can have whorish clothes which cover the entire body but are shaped or printed in a way to suggest sexual messages, and neutral clothes which only cover part of it. I don't think it's necessary to cover the head for example.

I agree with this to some extent, it isn't generally how much you wear but what your wearing. However I think you have to take in to account how certain men will see you. Even though it shouldn't matter how some degenerate might see you, they still exist unfortunately.

If you saw a starving man would you flaunt your dinner in front of him, let him smell the delicious aromas then leave him starving?

You don't need sex to survive, so theres no excuse for men losing control. We also have laws to protect women so it should be the womens choice if she wants to dress modestly, although it should definetely be encouraged.

I actually think Hindus have it more right than Muslims. Hindu women dress modestly, but are still allowed to choose what they wear and aren't under the dominion of an unnecessarily possessive husband.

Ragnar Lodbrok
Tuesday, April 6th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I agree with this to some extent, it isn't generally how much you wear but what your wearing. However I think you have to take in to account how certain men will see you. Even though it shouldn't matter how some degenerate might see you, they still exist unfortunately.

You don't need sex to survive, so theres no excuse for men losing control. We also have laws to protect women so it should be the womens choice if she wants to dress modestly, although it should definetely be encouraged.

I actually think Hindus have it more right than Muslims. Hindu women dress modestly, but are still allowed to choose what they wear and aren't under the dominion of an unnecessarily possessive husband.

Encouraging it makes sense, yes certainly.

Blod og Jord
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Answering about the starving man and dinner, I wouldn't flaunt my dinner in front of him, but I wouldn't stop cooking and eating my dinners just because he lurks around in the neighborhood and likes to smell them.
Some women who dress "provocatively" don't do it to flaunt in front of men. Many of them don't seek them and provoke them.
But I'm surprised too by what's considered provocative in this thread. Hence the "".
By the way, what if a man is turned on by a woman's face? Some men are turned on by the sight of nice lips. Maybe the whole face should be covered then to avoid a disaster? :oanieyes
Another thing is some of the conservative, Christian and Muslim clothes are uncomfortable to wear. Imagine going to the beach as ages ago in dresses or like Muslims do. How do you enjoy a sunny day and the water?
Or what about if you want to jog or work out? let's face it, we can't hide everything forever.

Old Winter
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM

That is because of the same reason why you never see a West European male with a female negro, it does not matter if they dress as a ghost, it is because of what is under it that scares them of.

Gary in TX
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Man I guess I'm weird .My motto is "If you got it ,flaunt it".I would like nothing more than to run around in the nude.Some of you need to loosen up and live a little.

www.usmbooks.com/nazi_nudes_book_2.html
Well I can see what you mean to a certain extent and I'm no prude.

Northern European Women are THE most beautiful creatures in the world and I see no reason for them to have to hide their body underneath a sheet (especially if they have a good figure) if they like the attention that it brings, but in my mind there's somewhat of a limit and some women should probably be a little more cautious sometimes.

To my way of thinking an honourable man would never do anything other than admire a beautiful womans body (I don't mean gawk at her, just admire for an instant and then be on your way) no matter what she is (or isn't) wearing, but you and I both know that the world is not filled with honourable men.

To many men a certain type of dress implies that the particular woman who is dressing provocatively is inviting sexual advances and some member of the ever vigilant 'Oaf Patrol' will more than likely end up bugging that poor woman to death if she dresses that way for long enough.

Now whether that idea is right or wrong that's still the general way of thinking in Western Society. Then you figure in the really low impulse control displayed by most Non-White males who are (unfortunately) present in Western Society and you have the potential for a real disaster.

It's probably better to error somewhat on the side of caution depending on the occasion and the company present. If the occasion calls for it and it's appropriate attire then great, I personally don't mind in the slightest and you're not going to get any complaints out of me whatsoever when a good looking woman is showing herself off a bit.

I believe that women have the absolute right to dress however they want to at anytime they want to, but I also believe that there's a time and a place for everything and sometimes it's better to reveal just a little bit less (depending on the occasion and company present).

------------------------------------------------------------

Teenage girls on the other hand like in the OP are kind of a different story.

There has to be some way where they can wear what they like, enjoy some male attention (like it or not they want boys to notice them), but where they don't end up looking like a stripper.

I guess it has to do with parenting. That's been the case from what I've seen anyway.

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Well I can see what you mean to a certain extent and I'm no prude.

Northern European Women are THE most beautiful creatures in the world and I see no reason for them to have to hide their body underneath a sheet (especially if they have a good figure) if they like the attention that it brings,

Oh now that explains why Americans turned something innocent such as this:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6103/r01r01.jpg

Unto a spectacle of depravity and decadance such as this:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9130/r02r02.jpg

Of course I did not post a pictures taken during such event and I used instead one of the flyers because it is anything like the real thing, since if I would post a picture of the real thing it would be removed at the drop of a hat and not to mention that it would be quite disturbing and shocking to our European members.

But anyone strong enough to stomach it, can well try to look for pictures of such event in google images with the SafeSearch feature off, of course (yes Americans are THAT hardcore).

Anyway aside from that, this is how true Germanic females should dress based on actual Germanic culture:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7230/r03r03.jpg

Anything else is just Americanized anti-germanic non-sense.

Gary in TX
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah guy, take a small portion of what I'm saying and turn it into a bunch of Anti-American BS that doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about. :oanieyes

I find the picture you posted equally offensive and it doesn't have anything to do with me.

I guess I could find and post some offensive photo that was taken by a bunch of Scots that happened to be Negro loving degenerates in an attempt to make some point against Scots, but I'm not going to (simply because I don't have anything anything against anyone who's the native of a Northern European country or who's a direct ancestor of a Northern European country unless they're some kind of degenerate like the people above).

You can keep posting Anti-American crap that's off topic if you wish, have at it.

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 02:19 PM
You can keep posting Anti-American crap that's off topic if you wish, have at it.

It isn't off topic, it touches with the subject of how Germanic used to dress based on their culture in unaltered form and how Americanization/American-influence bastardized and distorted our culture which led us astray from our pure ways.

Wulfram
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
It isn't off topic, it touches with the subject of how Germanic used to dress and how Americanization/American-influence bastardized our pure ways that led us astray.

How the JEWISH influence hiding behind America led you astray.
Your people are far more responsible for letting this happen to them than any outside influence. Stop whining.
If they had been strong enough to resist it they would have.

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
How the JEWISH influence hiding behind America led you astray.

Jews don't force American women to dress in the ways they do, they dress in such decadent ways because they want to and because they enjoy the attention that is given to them by their perverted american male counterparts.

Decadence in Europe started in America, which reached our Europe and tainted our culture, ethics and morals. This was allowed because we were weak for considering America as an extension of Germanic Europe and from there America influence was hence welcome unto Europe. But this was a grave mistake on our part as we allowed bastardized filth to pollute us when the corrupted part of our body (America) should have been cutoff long ago to prevent the spread of infection to the main body (Europe).

Wulfram
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Jews don't force American women to dress in the ways they do, they dress in such decadent ways because they want to and because they enjoy the attention that is given to them by their perverted american male counterparts.

The following is a link to a post I started about how the jew Bernays influenced American woman to smoke.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=132547&highlight=smoke

It is just one example of how jews had a hand in perverting the American woman.
One vice will always lead to others, and they have always been there to create and provide perversion/diversions for both Americans as well as Europeans.
We have both been victimized equally.
Why must you persist in not pointing the finger of blame where it belongs?

Decadence in Europe started in America, which tainted our culture, ethics and morals since America is/was considered to be an extension of Europe and America influence was hence welcome, but this part of the body (America) should have been cutoff long ago to prevent the spread of infection to the main body (Europe).

Decadence started in America?
Please explain.

Méldmir
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 02:50 PM
The problem is that women today believe that if you want to be beautiful today you have to reveal much skin. This isn't true and revealing half your body naked in public has nothing to do with beauty. Beauty has to do with self-confidence which many women today lack, and also clothes and appearance but not necessarily nakedness. If you look at women from the 50s, 60s etc, they have more clothes but don't look worse than many women today.

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Decadence started in America?
Please explain.

Culturally, ethically and morally America is Unter-Germanisch and Americans are Unter-Germanischen, they are an unstable and contaminated germanic periphery (hence the term unter-germanischen.)

Martin Bormann and Alfred Rosenberg warned us of the dangers Unter-Germanischen represented toward Germanischen.

Basically take someone from Germany, going overseas catching any kind of disease and after a few years comming back to Germany and spreading this filth around, such person would be the peripheric Unter-Germanischen contaminating the proper Germanischen.

velvet
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
something innocent such as this:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6103/r01r01.jpg

What exactly constitutes "innocent" here? I see a baroque masket-ball, well knowing that those events included A LOT of wild sex.

Anyway aside from that, this is how true Germanic females should dress based on actual Germanic culture:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7230/r03r03.jpg

Again a baroque dress, french, pompuous and decadent.

And btw, although I doubt that America has anything to do with it, if it was the case then I'm VERY glad for a little bit Americanism and that this torture of a dress was abandoned. :wsg

Well, truth is, that nonsense was only ever used by people (ie nobility) who could effort a chambermaid or two to get dressed, because it is impossible to dress yourself. Those things weigh easily 20kilo and more, I've heard of those things weighing 50kilo. I'm sure your future wife will be glad about being pressed into this torture chamber of a dress :D

And last but not least, "traditional Germanic dresses" are practical, comfortable, lightweight, and their length changed with season and purpose. They did indeed also include stomach-free tops, short skirts and body-tight in general.

But it's always the same. Instead of the males, as it should be, protecting and defending their societies and countries from invasion, they rather adjust their opinions to foreign "moral standards" and blame the women for being raped....

Wulfram
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Hm, you seem to have avoided half of my post.
Please be so courteous as to answer all of my questions.
Here it is again:

"The following is a link to a post I started about how the jew Bernays influenced American woman to smoke.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=132547&highlight=smoke

It is just one example of how jews had a hand in perverting the American woman.
One vice will always lead to others, and they have always been there to create and provide perversion/diversions for both Americans as well as Europeans.
We have both been victimized equally.
Why must you persist in not pointing the finger of blame where it belongs?"

Culturally, ethically and morally America is Unter-Germanisch and Americans are Unter-Germanischen, they are an unstable and contaminated germanic periphery (hence the term unter-germanischen.)

How are the Germanic countries of Europe any less "Culturally, ethically and morally" contaminated?
In my opinion, they may not be as bad as things are here, but they are certainly not very far behind.

You remind me of those individuals who preach the loudest against something only for it to come out later that they have a few rotten logs in the family woodpile.
Is this the reason why you behave so hysterically when dealing with Americans?

Basically take someone from Germany, going overseas catching any kind of disease and after a few years comming back to Germany and spreading this filth around, such person would be the peripheric Unter-Germanischen contaminating the proper Germanischen.

Europe had already been contaminated for centuries if we use your logic.
It goes back much further in date than the Americas.
Your leaders have always encouraged a multi-cult tolerance.
Can you provide us definite proof that YOU are 100% uncontaminated?

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Again a baroque dress, french, pompuous and decadent.

If that is decadent then what is considered decent to you?

Gary in TX
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Decadence in Europe started in America, which reached our Europe and tainted our culture, ethics and morals.
Yeah, THAT'S it. :thumbdown

There was no decadence in Europe before American culture reached European shores. :oanieyes

Someone is showing off their lack of knowledge regarding European history once again. I guess you've never read much regarding the depths of depravity that Europe sank to during the Middle Ages and during the Renaissance Era which was long before the United States was even a country and long before the US became a 'Super Power'.

The Mainstream Media which is largely based in the US certainly haven't helped matters any, but America and Americans is not solely responsible for the loosening of moral overall in today's society. So called 'Popular Culture' is found everywhere these days, not just in the US.

You just don't personally like Americans (Germanic or otherwise), so you keep attacking us for the state of the world today as though it were solely our collective fault. I think that someone needs to quit believing what they see on TV.

Plus none of this wouldn't be a problem if most mens minds weren't in the gutter and if they possessed any honour at all. Women are supposed to hide under a hot and heavy dress because many men think like pigs??? I don't think so, give me a break.

If you like that dress so much why don't you go wear it? :D

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hm, you seem to have avoided half of my post.
Please be so courteous as to answer all of my questions.
Here it is again:

I did not bother myself by typing a reply because I am not too fond of American's ball throwing game WN-Stormfront style about their jews and negroes talks. Jews act like jews because they are jews, negroes act like negroes because they are negroes, american whiteys act like negroes and jews because they enjoy their freedom and depravity.

And no amount of ball throwing games can stop the fact that jews and negroes are not forcing american whiteys to act like negroes and jews, they act that way because they can. Afterall, they are no prudes like us Europeans...

Can you provide us definite proof that YOU are 100% uncontaminated?

America's noxious influence started contaminating us quite a long time ago, so we are not uncontaminated. But we can stop the contamination by cutting ourselves away from America and it's sphere of influence.

There was no decadence in Europe before American culture reached European shores. :oanieyes

I was referring to Germanic territories of Europe. There was a little bit of decadence, but nothing like today and most of it was frowned upon because it was known to be imported from Afro-Asiatic immigrants and other non-Germanics.

But it went downhill when the decadence started comming from fellow Germanics (Americans).

Ah that just shows how depraved you are, I need to say that I am a man and henceforth I wear men's British Islanders clothing (either from Scotland England or the Arans).

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM

I was referring to Germanic territories of Europe. There was a little bit of decadence, but nothing like today and most of it was frowned upon because it was known to be imported from Afro-Asiatic immigrants and other non-Germanics.

But it went downhill when the decadence started comming from fellow Germanics (Americans).

Ah that just shows how depraved you are, I need to say that I am a man and henceforth I wear men's British Islanders clothing (either from Scotland England or the Arans).

velvet
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
If that is decadent then what is considered decent to you?

I pointed out that it is not Germanic in the first place.
And it is decadent when you need two other people to press you into something, that no normal body can stand long without getting serious damages, just because it was "the fashion" to that time - again, that came from a non-Germanic country. That you tried to label as a) Germanic and b) said should be the norm.

And that "fashion" ran totally rampant, those dresses were status symbols, with which one "noble" wanted to show the other "nobles" how many gold thalers they could waste on a stupid dress. It has gold interwoven into the fabrics, probably even the bars in the corsett were made from gold. And then Marie Antoinette told the people: "if the folk doesnt have bread, it shall eat cake" -> rightfully beheaded. This is decadence at its best.

And it is this with which "decadence in Europe" started. With unnoble nobility being the role model for society. They did not act responsible to their people, they did not act "decent", they teached the people, along with the church, that you can buy yourself free from responsibility and sin with "letters of indulgence" or some ave marias respectively. This is what decadence brought, not America.

Decadence btw is the wrong behavior, not "sexy clothing". Decadence is the lack of honour and respect in people, not "sexy clothing". You see, even if the woman lies naked in the grass and enjoys the nature, it long doesnt give you the right to harass her, and even less to rape her. Enjoy the sight and go on. Just what became of decent men?

Rassenhygieniker
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
You remind me of those individuals who preach the loudest against something only for it to come out later that they have a few rotten logs in the family woodpile.
Is this the reason why you behave so hysterically when dealing with Americans?

I do not comprehend the question, rephrase it. And who are those individuals you are speaking of?

Gary in TX
Friday, June 4th, 2010, 06:11 PM
America's noxious influence started contaminating us quite a long time ago, so we are not uncontaminated. But we can stop the contamination by cutting ourselves away from America and it's sphere of influence.

Evidence to support this theory of yours???

Oh wait, that's right?

Who needs evidence of any kind when you can just post a bunch of lies. :oanieyes

No, that just shows that I was making a joke at your expense as it makes you look ridiculous and because I'm basically asking you how you'd like to wear something hot, uncomfortable and restricting because of someone else's viewpoint and inability to keep from gawking at a woman wearing what she likes. :D

I've already shared my opinion that the mode of dress for women should suit the occasion, you're just interested in picking a fight with me because we don't get along very well and now you're trying to say that I'm advocating that women should dress in clothing that reveals too much.

(Which I'm NOT - Read my Earlier Post (*Click*) (http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=1008709&postcount=80) on the previous page) :shrug

(You know? The one where you took that sentence/quote out of context. Remember?)

You can turn it into something else if you like in yet another attempt at building up a straw man to knock down, but I'll let the remark speak for itself and let others (especially the women on this forum) judge for themselves how I meant it.

Sindig_og_stoisk
Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I remember a class in university with an elderly lady of approximately 60 years of age attending as a student. It was springtime, and she was always somewhat shappily dressed in worn-out shirts and jeans. But one particular time, on a warm day, she wore only a yellow top, no bra, and a pair of shorts that covered none of the legs and only barely her buttocks. It was possibly one of the most disturbing and revolting sights I have seen, and the 20 something, and 30 something year old women in the class felt the same way. They displayed considerably more dignified and responsible choice of appearance.

My point of this little anecdote is, that the problem is not limited to teenagers and the "tweens" (also a very disturbing concept, by the way). These girls ultimately draw their role models and inspiration from the adult women around them. Fashion models and film actors, yes. But also parents, elder sisters, teachers and so on.

And I would like to blame the Baby Boomer generation (whom the lady of my story belonged to)and the "spirit of the sixties" for simply removing all standards of decency and appropiateness from our culture in regards to clothing and appearance, and by extension, setting a terrible example to the girls they eventually gave birth to and raised.

But there is still some hope: Many, perhaps even most, women eventually learn a more dignified way of dressing and expressing themselves, as the young women of my anecdote (and the replies from the women on this thread) bears witness to.

Blod og Jord
Saturday, March 25th, 2017, 10:01 PM
I think the world is becoming more and more extreme. Young women now have to cover more and more, especially since we have so many refugees coming to Europe.
It's not that our women dress like sluts, and refugees attack women who cover as well.
I don't think we should submit to the Muslim dress code, next thing will be Sharia.
Of course young women shouldn't dress like sluts, but the other extreme is not healthy.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Sunday, March 26th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I think the world is becoming more and more extreme. Young women now have to cover more and more, especially since we have so many refugees coming to Europe.
It's not that our women dress like sluts, and refugees attack women who cover as well.
I don't think we should submit to the Muslim dress code, next thing will be Sharia.
Of course young women shouldn't dress like sluts, but the other extreme is not healthy.

Extreme being the keyword that defines why society is confronted by so many unnecessary problems these days. Makes me wonder if the word 'moderation' has been deleted from dictionaries because it is hardly recognized anymore.

You're absolutely right. Too many western women have doffed their modesty and humility in exchange for haughtiness, and defiance. But stoning a woman to death simply for suspicion of some form of religious heresy is totally unacceptable.

Where the hell is the middle ground of common sense?

Aeternitas
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 01:35 AM
Whether people choose to show skin and how much is of course a matter of personal style, upbringing and culture. While I support people's expression of individuality and personal style through their clothes, I find modesty the more appropriate and sensible option for a young Germanic woman, particularly for those living in cities or densely populated, multicultural areas where the safety level drops. Today, as the media depicts women in a degrading fashion and objectifies their bodies, more and more girls feel compelled to expose their skin in order to look pretty and fashionable. At the same time we are experiencing an increase in violence levels and particularly crimes of sexual assault. While the latter may not be a direct consequence of the former, it is also undeniable that dressing provocatively invites attention, and it is not always the flattering or desirable kind. Furthermore, women who look at themselves through the lens of mainstream beauty magazines and aspire to reach celebrity ideals are more prone to low self-esteem, a skewed body image and even depression.

Nowadays there are some misconceptions about what exactly dressing modesty entails. While modesty is often endorsed by religious groups it is not an exclusively religious concept. It is also not the equivalent of prudishness, sexual repression, blandness or ugliness. Modesty is an attitude of propriety and decency in dress which was present in European and Germanic culture at various points of our history.

Before the wave of feminism and sexual liberation, women's attire in particular used to be more conservative. However one doesn't necessarily have to emulate the dress code of the past. I could say that I dress pretty modestly, however, most of my clothing is quite modern and varied. I understand women who like to be fashionable and like most women, I enjoy my clothes, shoes and handbags. Yet to me, modesty is not in the least restrictive. It does not mean I have to boycott or renounce most attire, rather to find alternative ways to wear it or reassign its purpose. Here are some reasons to recommend this style:

- it's appropriate for all ages, most occasions and settings. Clothing that is too revealing can spark controversy even by today's Western standards, there are countless examples of students having been sent home for wearing clothing that was considered too revealing. Another common setting where people tend to dress immodestly nowadays are offices, despite most having some dress etiquette, even if unwritten. In the US, in two separate incidents in 2007, an airline asked travelers to modify their clothing, to wear sweaters or to leave the airplane because the crew did not consider the amount of cleavage displayed acceptable.

- less or no unpleasant and embarrassing situations towards oneself and others. There is less risk of visible underwear or buttocks when sitting or bending, no camel tops, muffin tops and the like.

- less physical discomfort. Some of those styles look and feel uncomfortable if not downright painful. Women are willing to go through the agony of bloodied, blistered feet to spend the evening walking around in excessively high heels, or endure low temperatures in winter, warming themselves up by drinking alcohol. After all, "beauty is pain", as they say. Well no, it doesn't really have to be.

- less superficiality, less or no sexualizing and objectification of the body. One issue with revealing clothing is that it objectifies the female body and by extension, the type of relationships women are having and looking for. On the one hand, dressing cheaply leads to women being treated superficially and casually, and attracting particularly the type of man who isn't interested in a long-term prospect. On the other hand, women are becoming more and more competitive towards each other and cultivate envy and catfights instead of friendships and sisterhood.

- more individuality and a different sense of self-esteem. If a woman wants to make a strong fashion statement these days, covering up would probably be a more of a statement than wearing skimpy clothing. The standard uniform for going out -- micro miniskirts, excessively high heels and low tops -- would have been scandalous back in the day it was worn by pornographic actresses and escorts; nowadays it's a fashion statement for women under 30 who go out partying and clubbing. Oftentimes, women feel that they have to dress in a certain way to get the desired attention and because everyone else does it. This societal issue has been examined repeatedly by journalists, psychologists and fashion proponents and while feminism and sexual liberation have paved the way, the overwhelming reason most females who dress provocatively do so is psychological: it provides them with a sense of confidence. However, this type of confidence is deceitful. Interestingly enough, researchers discovered (http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/73928624/clothes-make-difference-role-self-objectification) that feelings of body shame, body dissatisfaction, and negative mood increased after women wore revealing clothing, as opposed to more modest dress. The image propagated by the media has also contributed to this vicious cycle. Paradoxically, women who show more skin are more self-conscious about their bodies. It's no coincidence spray tanning, excessive makeup, hair extensions, fake eyelashes, acrylic nails, and even cosmetic procedures such as breast implants, liposuction, botox injections and lip fillers have become more popular than ever.

So how should women who want to keep modest actually dress? Well, actually almost anything goes, as long as a few key rules are kept. How much one shows or covers can differ from person to person but generally breasts, nipples, buttocks and genitals shouldn't be exposed. When it comes to cleavage, midriff and back it's a grey area, depending on how much is revealed and in what setting. Some people also opt to cover their arms, legs and/or shoulder area, some women with long hair may choose not to wear it loose in public however the head/hair can stay uncovered for the most part. Another rule is to avoid clothing that is too tight, too loose, see-through and/or the lack of underwear. Heels and platforms that are too high are also usually avoided, particularly the "hooker" type clear high heel. Flip-flops are acceptable for the beach or swimming pool, but avoided as streetwear.

Nowadays there are many options for those who prefer to cover their bodies yet still maintain a modern and fashionable sense of style. One such option is layering. Layers are incidentally a notable fashion trend and have become trendy for all seasons. Lighter-layered clothing is especially popular during warm months because of the practical use in transitioning from warm conditions to places with air-conditioning. Crop tops can be worn over shirts, over or under dresses, with maxi skirts, with overalls or high waisted jeans/trousers. Sleeveless tops can be worn with a cardigan/open sweater, shrug, blazer, denim shirt or jacket. I wear thin, lightweight cardigans even in summer, and they're quite comfortable and airy. Oversize shirts and long sleeved summer blouses are also practical. Maxi skirts can be pretty and allow for better air circulation than tight miniskirts and shorts.

Shorts can be pretty and fashionable, and give petite women the illusion of longer legs, but they're not always appropriate. If one must wear shorts but is not sure of the accepted length, bermudas, cargos and cut-offs at knee level may be one sensible choice. Daisy dukes and hotpants may be considered inappropriate in some settings such as school or work and in some conservative households. I wear my shorts not in summer, but during the cooler days of spring, fall or even winter with tights, overknees, boots and a long cardigan, jacket, vest or blazer. I choose shorts of regular or mid length that aren't too tight. This is a casual, yet modern outfit that frames a woman's legs without exposing skin.

https://forums.skadi.net/images/3539/shortoutfits.jpg

Some other options:

- High necklines such as boat neck tees, turtleneck tops, sweaters and Peter Pan-collared button ups are modest and contemporary

- Sheer pieces over or under opaque ones. Chiffon, mesh, or lace are pretty fashionable at the moment and can add interest to one's style. Lace is one of those ethereal fabrics that can provide a feminine flair. However sheer pieces worn directly over the skin may be inappropriate and make one feel overexposed. If one prefers to err on the side of caution, pairing them with opaque pieces can have that effect. One can wear lace over camisoles/strap tops, shirts or under sweaters. In winter, one can wear lace leggings or tights with distressed jeans or a sheer top under a faux fur vest.

https://forums.skadi.net/images/3539/laceoutfits.jpg

Again, most of these pieces can be found in any mainstream or online shop. Modern and accessible but modest.

- Shirt lengtheners can be used with tops, worn under sweaters, etc. that are too short. There are really nice ones with lace that can add class to any simple top.

- Kimono jackets have been quite popular recently as part of the bohemian fashion trend and can be worn to cover and protect skin from the summer sun. One advantage is that some are so lightweight one barely notices they're wearing any.

- Loose and drapey outerwear such as oversize summer blazers cover and provide some structure from the shoulders, don't cling to the body and allow one's skin to breathe.

- Long cardigans can be paired with and add different proportions to shorts, rompers or miniskirts.

- Shirt dresses, tunics and oversize tops can be worn with leggings or even linen or drape pants. Some women also pair then with maxi skirts.

- Tube dresses and tops can be worn over/under a crop top or light turtleneck shirt, covered by a scarf and cardigan or jacket.

- Jumpsuits can be worn with cardigans, blazers, shrugs etc.

- Wide legged, linen and palazzo pants, as well as gauchos and culottes can be casual or stylish and go with almost anything.

- Off-shoulder and peasant blouses bear some skin without being too provocative.

- Accesorizing the neck area can complement or even distract from a low neckline. Summer scarves and lace clip-ons/cami secrets are practical to cover but also complement a casual outfit. Chokers, bohemian, fringe, gothic and statement necklaces, leather cords as well as detachable collars are quite trendy at the moment and can be used to complement the edges of clothing.

https://forums.skadi.net/images/3539/accessories.jpg

In terms of fabrics I prefer to wear cotton as much as possible and avoid synthetics. Good quality, lightweight cotton is one of the most breathable fabrics around as it allows airflow. Also, cotton is a natural fiber, so it absorbs moisture, rather than repelling it. Linen is another good natural and absorbent fabric. I love to wear my jeans even in summer. For summer months, I choose a lower fabric weight for jeans or opt for chambray as a denim alternative. It's quite in fashion at the moment so it's easy to find clothing made out of this fabric.

Bärin
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 02:13 AM
If you don't dress like a slut, you don't have to bother about whether your legs are tanned and other BS. Women who dress like that are attention whores. Just ask most decent men, and none of them would marry a cheap woman. She might be sexy to look at or good for a one night stand, but men don't want to spend their lives and have children with sluts. :thumbdown

North Vinlander
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 02:55 AM
How is showing their legs a sign of being an attention whore when everyone does it? It's also not a sign of promiscuity.

Siebenbürgerin
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 03:21 AM
Hmm, I think it depends how much leg is shown.

A pair of provocative shorts in my view are these:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2750774.1471187881!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/ariel-winter.jpg

If a woman has cellulitis, it's not very sexy either. Those shorts are too cut at the rear and thighs.

North Vinlander
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 03:29 AM
I assume you mean cellulite. In which case I disagree. It's perfectly normal and there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Bärin
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 03:37 AM
How is showing their legs a sign of being an attention whore when everyone does it?
No, not everyone does it. And of course I am talking about slut shorts and skirts, not what normal people wear.

It's also not a sign of promiscuity.
Yes it it, most women who dress like whores do it because they're looking to get laid or fish for compliments from other men.

I'm a mother of small children, I'm not going to give women who dress slutty any slack. :thumbdown Dress like a whore in your bedroom, not on the street. My children don't need to be exposed to your ass, underwear or nipples in public. Sluts used to be publicly shamed, just like homosexuals and other exhibitionists. My mother took all my sister's slutty clothes and cut them with scissors if she found any. :|

Siebenbürgerin
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 03:54 AM
I assume you mean cellulite. In which case I disagree. It's perfectly normal and there's nothing wrong with it at all.
Yes, that is what I meant. It's normal that most women have it, but it's a condition which can be treated, not something to show off to other peoples. I support women embracing their bodies and being proud of what nature gave them, but some parts of our bodies are for our eyes only, and for the eyes of our partner or family. There's some limits and not a reason to wear shorts which look more like underwear.

I've to agree with Bärin, women who dress too scantily don't have a consideration and respect for other peoples. Besides, it's a bad example for children and teenagers.

One day at the supermarket a woman was wearing those kind of shorts and her underwear, some pubic hair from her genitals was visible from the behind and she was wearing a pad which was also visible. Honestly, there are x styles of shorts to wear and for a woman to feel sexy in them but not exhibitionist.

North Vinlander
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 04:51 AM
I've never even seen a women in public wearing shorts like in that picture, and I agree it's a little much. I am, however, perfectly fine with stuff like this.
https://previews.123rf.com/images/alanpoulson/alanpoulson1103/alanpoulson110300450/9000920-A-woman-is-sitting-in-a-yellow-tank-top-and-pink-shorts--Stock-Photo.jpg

Siebenbürgerin
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Hmm, maybe it has to do with the cultural differences between Europe and North America. In Europe, peoples have a much more liberal attitude about the human body. It's normally not a bad thing, but some take it to the extreme. I'm seeing more and more women who dress with that type of shorts. The latest fashion is that the pockets of the shorts must hang out. But that model is advertised by women who are tall and skinny with long legs, for women who have some curves this kind of jeans is too tight and restrictive. Another type of short that are popular at the moment:

http://s7.favim.com/orig/150821/amazing-black-boho-chic-Favim.com-3158944.jpg

This is a common summer style for women my age, mini tank top with shorts. A fashion improvement is that many women wear a long sweater, so the rear end isn't exposed.

I'm wearing sometimes shorts in casual settings but I'm an endorser of dresses and tunics, sadly few women wear dresses anymore. A dress is an outfit of feminity and it was our specific clothing for most of our history. A pretty summer dress can make a woman look sexy even more than shorts.

When the sun starts burning the best outfit is a long white summer dress and a hat. The white and long material doesn't reflect the sun and the hat protects the head from heat stroke.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e8/69/22/e869222bf1ef3cd14d1aecceb9cc1b7f.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/06/7b/ec067b061516a8505cfa0517cf46fea4.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/70/2e/1e/702e1eef45dada56ac112d30a126f194.jpg

http://glamradar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/1.-white-summer-dress-with-straw-hat.jpg

Gefjon
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Whoa... some folks are far too judgmental about how women dress, and it's usually other women complaining. ;)

I get why folks frown at buttocks or underwear showing, however some of these "rules" are too prudish and downright exaggerated.

For example, folks who make a fuss about visible bra straps, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, belly buttons, women wearing shorts and pants, women wearing a 2 piece swimsuit/bikinis, etc. Cmon, it's 2017, not 1917. :P

Gareth Lee Hunter
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 01:33 PM
It's all about the eyes, ladies. The eyes are indeed the windows to the soul. If a woman knows how to use her eyes she doesn't need to flash her flesh to achieve the desired results.

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad25/GarethLeeHunter/24_zpswtvghhil.jpg (http://s918.photobucket.com/user/GarethLeeHunter/media/24_zpswtvghhil.jpg.html)

Idis
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 11:13 PM
I don't like "slutty" clothes either, to be honest, but I neither support dressing like Muslims. I think the styles Aeternitas & Siebenbürgerin suggested are nice compromises that can even look attractive, without revealing too much. Neither too "feminist" nor too oppressive.

Embla
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:40 AM
I'm more prudish in this regard than most. A woman should get by on her merits instead of her wiles, and save her beauty for her husband. I think this goes for her full personality too. She should not open herself up to everyone and preserve her full self for her husband.

Sigurd
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 02:10 AM
One curious thing I've noticed of recent is that there is a difference of attitude in 'conservative cut' between traditional garbs of various regions: Bavarian and Upper Austrian Dirndl dresses tend to be somewhat 'revealing' in giving you an ample glimpse of the woman's cleavage as it were. Tyrolean Dirndl dresses on the other hand, tend to be much higher-cut and 'prudish' as it were. Salzburgian Dirndl dresses and corresponding blouses are curiously, like everything in Salzburg from language to folk custom, completely intermediate between the two. :shrug:

Oceanborn
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 11:34 PM
The most attractive women I've ever seen are conservative hotties that don't flaunt it. Us men are definitely visually-oriented, and we love the feminine aesthetic (we even show that through our art), but a good man's attraction to a woman is definitely more 'gestalt'. You reap what you sow, I guess.

Idis
Sunday, October 21st, 2018, 10:52 PM
I have to somewhat revisit my opinion since modern fashion has become far too liberal. Such dressing styles are over the top IMO:

https://9rm52pnjcvdzcxx3-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/big-butt-photo.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9d/11/a1/9d11a18c7be35fc1c5af57207d87a974.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/b2/c1/7cb2c1c010fb73e26148cf9394cd8eea.jpg

But yes, the alternative needn't be another extreme, of course.

Here are a couple of videos made by Christian girls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODGcx_K6sY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLQdQOHxYf8

SpearBrave
Monday, October 22nd, 2018, 09:33 AM
Hmmm, There should be a thread on men who like the bad girl type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfXs0m32A8E

Siebenbürgerin
Monday, October 22nd, 2018, 01:19 PM
Good advice in the videos, Idis. :thumbsup

The girls look stylish but modest at the same time. :) Some other combinations of modest, yet stylish dress (there are many ways to cover without looking like a Muslim):

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a5/75/c5/a575c5cf232838ea1cf127a9e8754fb6.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/83/6d/61/836d61477a39745613bda40a2de6fee8.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/11/f3/be/11f3be2587a99352f844da38d7f0a6c0.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/36/b3/55/36b355d67f82517593a33f53b14f384f.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4d/78/88/4d788870880b85d5d45e7ee343929502.jpg

Finnish Swede
Monday, October 22nd, 2018, 05:20 PM
What do you think about clothes like these kind :(?
http://i.xomf.com/cwvmh.jpg

Aelfgar
Monday, October 22nd, 2018, 11:58 PM
In the 1800s, the dress of those 'modest' Christian girls would have been considered outrageous. Social morality is very changeable.

SpearBrave
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 12:07 AM
http://i.xomf.com/cwvmh.jpg

Very nice on the right girls, some women here in Murica dress in that style in winter.

Finnish Swede
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 02:27 PM
Very nice on the right girls, some women here in Murica dress in that style in winter.

Sorry, what is Murica?

So girl doesn't need to wear the most fashionable or the most expensive clothes or to show as much naked skin as possible to look ok?

These are close to my style too.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/ab/d5/6babd5cb78ef5b61f8f1c4a8dba503c3.jpg
https://www.creemmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/casual-winter-outfits-girls-210.jpg

Gareth Lee Hunter
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 04:58 PM
What I would like to know is why would a wife and mother wear such revealing attire in public as many do these days. Are they deliberately trolling for men to commit adultery with, or are they just feeling as if they aren't receiving enough attention at home?

An ex-fiancee dressed this way while we were together. She had two small children from a former marriage, but insisted on wearing tight shorts, and a halter top while out and about. And she was a babe that attracted a lot of male attention, which never really bothered me at the time. But her father once asked me why she ran around dressed that way. To which I honestly didn't have an answer for... And still don't.

Frankly, I think a married women should dress more modestly, regardless of how attractive they are.

Víðálfr
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 06:46 PM
Hehe, not all women who dress like that are "sluts"... I know some who dress like that and they aren't.
Actually I sometimes like to watch women dressed more revealing... I like women too! :D And I like admiring their beauty! ;)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/ab/d5/6babd5cb78ef5b61f8f1c4a8dba503c3.jpg

I love this snowflake pattern! And I love wool dresses too! ;)

In my native language there is a saying which would translate into English as something like... It is not the clothes that make a person's character!

Personally I don't care too much about fashion (or I don't care at all), I just dress how it feels good for me. And I don't care too much about what people are thinking. However, I don't like to be starred at, especially while going out, and especially if I'm alone, so even if I like short dresses and more revealing clothes, I don't dress like that often, because I don't like people to stare at me. However, people can stare at you even if you're not wearing revealing clothes, but only clothes that are not "normal" in their opinions (or that are "out of fashion")...

Usually, I only like to wear revealing clothes in the company of my boyfriend, if he likes it and if he feels proud to go out with me dressed like that. Otherwise I don't feel comfortable.

I'm not wearing revealing clothes on hot sunny summer days, because it's not good for the skin and I don't like to get a tan. I like my skin to be white and not tanned. ;)

However, what is revealing and what is not is very debatable these days... What was revealing 20 years ago now it can be considered very modest...

Also people's opinions can vary a lot. Even men's opinions. Some would like their girlfriends to dress "slutty" (I had such a boyfriend once!), some would not like that (Another boyfriend even asked me to wear a bra because he didn't like that my nipples' shape was visible through my blouse and he said he didn't want other men to stare at his girlfriend's nipples! :-O), while others don't care that much about how their women dress like. Personally I prefer to be with men who don't try to impose their own ideas on me, but who let me decide for myself.

Finnish Swede
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 09:59 PM
I love this snowflake pattern! And I love wool dresses too! ;)
Oh, can you knit?

In my native language there is a saying which would translate into English as something like... It is not the clothes that make a person's character!
Are your native people saying the same for guys too? See video .... LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

Personally I don't care too much about fashion (or I don't care at all), I just dress how it feels good for me. And I don't care too much about what people are thinking.

Me either.

However, I don't like to be starred at, especially while going out, and especially if I'm alone, so even if I like short dresses and more revealing clothes, I don't dress like that often, because I don't like people to stare at me.

I love skirts (would wear those more often if the climate would be warmer here). Still I won't wear any skirts shorter than these ... doesn't matter if someone will call me silly/dizzy.

http://cdn.cichic.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/1/0/106/yellow-plain-bow-pleated-pockets-below-knee-maxi-skirt.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f8/15/c5/f815c523a73e19e164bbf3b7ec58f1e3--polka-dot-skirts-bay-area.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/96/b5/fd/96b5fd986f7c9d056913be1e73636d2d.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/23/ff/9323ff3c88b26247f3fa54407450dc85.jpg

However, people can stare at you even if you're not wearing revealing clothes

Exactly. I don't wear revealing clothes at all, and still strange guys/men stare. I hate that. They should't have any rights....
These kind of normal riding clothes are much too much for some ....
http://tb-stable.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/45200_430045839230_825619230_4829871_421 2819_n.jpg

Also people's opinions can vary a lot. Even men's opinions. Some would like their girlfriends to dress "slutty" (I had such a boyfriend once!),
He would be ex. boyfriend faster than you can say: cheese.

Another boyfriend even asked me to wear a bra because he didn't like that my nipples' shape was visible through my blouse and he said he didn't want other men to stare at his girlfriend's nipples! :-O), while others don't care that much about how their women dress like. Personally I prefer to be with men who don't try to impose their own ideas on me, but who let me decide for myself.
If someone would try to say me what I should/could wear .... he would wake up ''little beast'' in micro seconds and he would end to be mister ex. too.

Siebenbürgerin
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 10:17 PM
In the 1800s, the dress of those 'modest' Christian girls would have been considered outrageous. Social morality is very changeable.
That might be possible, fashions change. We seem to be heading more towards comfort and less towards form, while in the past the reverse was true, form was everything. 17th century fashion must have been very uncomfortable...

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/max_1200/55da2846721459.58615f216e3a5.jpg

Although at certain points in time women for example would still reveal cleavage, so the rules weren#t always more strict. But in my view not revealing too much is still a good rule to go by, no matter which century we are in. :)

SpearBrave
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 11:18 PM
Sorry, what is Murica?

So girl doesn't need to wear the most fashionable or the most expensive clothes or to show as much naked skin as possible to look ok?

These are close to my style too.

"Murica" is a derogatory slang term for USA :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1yPtNwFGvY

No, women don't have to show a lot of skin to be beautiful or sexy. Beauty in a woman is how she carries or composes herself, how much confidence she shows. So, in essence she can be naked or fully covered in the most prudish manner, thin or chubby, its all in her own confidence of who she is.

Víðálfr
Wednesday, October 24th, 2018, 12:26 AM
Oh, can you knit?
Still working on that... :P But my mom does. And I love knitted clothes. What about you?

I love skirts (would wear those more often if the climate would be warmer here). Still I won't wear any skirts shorter than these ...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/23/ff/9323ff3c88b26247f3fa54407450dc85.jpg

I love that one! Personally I like either (very) long dresses and skirts, either very short ones, but nothing in between.

I really love skirts and dresses like these:

But it's not like I wear them very often. Depends where and with who I am.

He would be ex. boyfriend faster than you can say: cheese.

If someone would try to say me what I should/could wear .... he would wake up ''little beast'' in micro seconds and he would end to be mister ex. too.

First case: we were good friends, so I didn't care too much what he was saying anyway. I was still dressing how I felt like.

Second case: he became mister ex very soon, but I still remained friends with him. He was over conservative and also Christian, so I could understand his views, but better as a simple friend and not as his girlfriend. :P

Still is a sensitive subject to bring into discussion. I really love mini skirts and I want a man with whom I can walk dressed like that without any problem. So a man who can defend me too. I don't really dare to go out dressed like that just by myself (depends where I am). But I wear a lot of skirts and dresses like that at home, or, if I go out by myself, better to have some leggings, or something similar, with the mini skirts... and be prepared to defend myself.

I don't wear (and I don't like) high heels, though, mainly boots... and I like military pants too, but that's another extreme. :D

No, women don't have to show a lot of skin to be beautiful or sexy. Beauty in a woman is how she carries or composes herself, how much confidence she shows. So, in essence she can be naked or fully covered in the most prudish manner, thin or chubby, its all in her own confidence of who she is.
Hehe, to be honest, I don't really like clothes, I prefer to stay nude when possible... but I can only do that at home, if it's warm enough. :D

Finnish Swede
Wednesday, October 24th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Still working on that... :P But my mom does. And I love knitted clothes. What about you?

Just couple of woolen stockings and mittens. Never tried anything bigger like woolen cap, not to talking about real shirt.

I really love skirts and dresses like these:

I'll leave those to city girls/women. Not my style.

Hehe, to be honest, I don't really like clothes, I prefer to stay nude when possible... but I can only do that at home, if it's warm enough. :D

Oh.

I normally wear pyjamas at home ...
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/blonde-woman-e-book-young-pyjamas-white-whole-floor-carpet-reading-35059053.jpghttps://cdn.fashiola.se/L120393897/ellos-kvinna-pyjamas-mysklader-pyjamas-axelina.jpg

....... or my old karate trousers with t-shirt or warmer flannel shirt. LOL.

Aelfgar
Wednesday, October 24th, 2018, 08:35 PM
http://i.xomf.com/cwvmh.jpgI've brought me some corn for poppin'.

Finnish Swede
Thursday, October 25th, 2018, 08:01 AM
I've brought me some corn for poppin'.

Meaning?

Siebenbürgerin
Thursday, October 25th, 2018, 08:37 AM
What I would like to know is why would a wife and mother wear such revealing attire in public as many do these days. Are they deliberately trolling for men to commit adultery with, or are they just feeling as if they aren't receiving enough attention at home?

An ex-fiancee dressed this way while we were together. She had two small children from a former marriage, but insisted on wearing tight shorts, and a halter top while out and about. And she was a babe that attracted a lot of male attention, which never really bothered me at the time. But her father once asked me why she ran around dressed that way. To which I honestly didn't have an answer for... And still don't.

Frankly, I think a married women should dress more modestly, regardless of how attractive they are.
Hmm, I've heard from some other women that they like to dress "sexy" to impress their boyfriends or because they want their boyfriends to be proud of them. Some women think guys like to show them off like trophies or say, "look, that's my girl over there". Other women have said they do it for the challenge, i.e. to remind the guy they're with they are still attractive and can turn heads.

In my view, provocative dressing can cause a lot of issues and unneeded social situations. Besides, a woman can be sexy without revealing too much...

Siebenbürgerin
Thursday, October 25th, 2018, 08:52 AM
I'm posting an article which I think speaks truth about modesty and beauty. It's from a Christian website but I think it holds generally true. :)

For those men who truly love what God loves, a holy (set-apart) woman is the greatest beauty. For a godly man, a godly and modest woman far outshines the immodest women who have bought into the lies of the world.

I’m not just saying this to make you feel better, it’s really true! I’m a guy, I should know! Even though at public school and college I saw and interacted with plenty of girls who would have been considered beautiful by the world’s standards, I never found myself attracted to any of them because their immodesty revealed their hearts. They were not interested in the things of God.

A modestly dressed woman emanates this almost tangible aura of dignity.

She commands respect without uttering a word or lifting a finger. It’s almost intimidating. Of course, this whole façade crumbles if she acts in a selfish and immodest manner, yet I still find this air modesty produces very strange, and I don’t know if this is the case for all guys. It might just be this way for me because I’ve become so used to being around immodestly dressed women, modesty seems more alien to me personally.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IS TRUE? ALL THOSE WOMEN IN MAGAZINES, BILLBOARDS, TV COMMERCIALS: UGLY. THEY’RE SO UGLY!

And I’m sorry if I’m being too harsh. I know those models, and everyday girls who dress immodestly, are people too, but the way they present themselves is ugly. But how can I say that?

It’s no secret that men are drawn toward “hot” immodestly dressed women, but even among non-Christian men, there is a difference between being drawn by lust and being drawn by beauty. Men, unilaterally, tend to respect women more who dress modestly.

I know many girls dress immodestly to try and draw the love of a man, but something I wish women could understand is that when they attract a guy because of immodesty, they aren’t getting what they want. When a girl attracts a guy with immodest dress, the feelings she is stirring up in him are lustful, not admiration or respect, and nothing that even resembles love. Guys who are attracted in that way are attracted because they see an object they can use for selfish pleasure.

This is why, men who love the things of God, will actually be repulsed by immodestly dressed women. That is not to say they will not still experience temptation to give into their flesh, but the temptation they are fighting is lust, not attraction. As a guy I knew once perfectly summed up, “Something that is immodest is something that is designed to arouse lust within me. Attractiveness is a far more mysterious quality, a mixture of spirituality, personality and physical beauty.”

Modesty is putting the importance of others above yourself.

Modesty really is beautiful, and not so much the clothing, though that can be nice too, but it is the splendor of godly character. True modesty is putting the importance of others above yourself. This modesty of heart will bleed through to the surface, influencing a person’s actions and dress. Modesty must be worn inside out (1 Peter 5: 5-6).

Modesty also allows us to forsake our insecurities because we’re too focused on willing the good of others to be concerned about our own egos. Girls who are modest can drop the burden of trying to bring attention to themselves and attract a guy, because the right kind of guys won’t be interested in girls trying to pursue them anyway, either with immodest dress or immodest actions (although I understand how not being the one to pursue presents challenges of its own!).

Modesty is freeing, it is empowering, and it is infinitely more valuable and beautiful than the world’s definition of what makes an attractive woman or man. This is because modesty is tied so closely with love. Living and dressing modestly is one way we love our neighbor and honor God. There is no shame, there is no angst, just a peace in Christ and a will to see others enriched through Christ in us.The source: http://alovelycalling.com/2015/07/10/modest-hottest-from-a-guy/

Aelfgar
Friday, October 26th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Meaning?The photo reminded me of a well known Christmas song, Let It Snow:

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Man it doesn't show signs of stoppin'
And I brought some corn for poppin'
The lights are turned way down low

When we finally kiss good-night
How I'll hate going out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

And the fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing
But as long as you love me so
Let it snow, let it snow, and snow

:)

I think a woman with long hair and red lipstick looks very nice in winter clothes like those.

Finnish Swede
Friday, October 26th, 2018, 09:01 PM
The photo reminded me of a well known Christmas song, Let It Snow:

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go

Man it doesn't show signs of stoppin'
And I brought some corn for poppin'
The lights are turned way down low

When we finally kiss good-night
How I'll hate going out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

And the fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing
But as long as you love me so
Let it snow, let it snow, and snow

:)

I think a woman with long hair and red lipstick looks very nice in winter clothes like those.

Oh, I have't heard that song.

Nice to see that some men can also value women who ''covers'' hers body traditional clothes.

Bleyer
Friday, October 26th, 2018, 10:21 PM
To be honest, I don't find revealing clothes to be sexy. Showing too much skin is actually a turn off, as it leaves little to the imagination. A bare shoulder or arm is more elegant than a camel toe or seeing the color of someone's underwear.

Siebenbürgerin
Monday, October 29th, 2018, 07:34 PM
It seems that modest dress is having a comeback into mainstream fashions. One if the result of more religious women - Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc. - shopping for fashionable clothes, others call it "the Kate Middleton effect":

The Duchess of Cambridge, with her long-sleeve wedding dress, ballet flats, and monarch-approved hemlines, is "the gold standard" of modesty, says Debbie Shatzkes, an Orthodox Jewish 29-year-old who lives on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and has a fashion blog called The Oak. Shatzkes also likes Maggie Gyllenhaal (who is "always showing up in these boho outfits but she's covered up"), Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dresses, and Elie Saab gowns. (Although Mayim Bialik, who is an Orthodox Jew, has spoken about the difficulty of finding awards show dresses that don't have plunging necklines, as well as designers willing to supply them.)

It's a recurring sentiment from women who aim to dress modestly that they want to project a kind of grown-up beauty along the lines of Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, or Jackie O. As Jae Curtis, a Utah-based Mormon and blogger at No More Mom Jeans explains, "Women want to cover up without feeling frumpy. When I get dressed in the morning, I'm not like 'Oh, I need to cover my shoulders.'"

It just happens: She keeps her shoulders covered, makes sure dresses and skirts hit the knee or below, and avoids low-cut shirts. "I actually think that modest dressing is something that naturally occurs when you have kids and get a little older. I'm 30—I'm no longer in a place where showing a lot of skin is a priority to me. I want to look classic, clean, and stylish, so I naturally gravitate toward clothes that help me accomplish that image."
The source: https://www.racked.com/2015/1/13/7561739/modesty-fashion-dressing-modestly

Alice
Saturday, February 2nd, 2019, 05:48 AM
Modesty definitely inspires one's choice in clothing and one's actions, because the way one dresses, acts and speaks are powerful communicators of what he or she believes. But modesty isn't limited to the external appearance, because it governs internal thoughts and the imagination as well. Overall, I think a modest person doesn't seek to draw undue attention to himself or herself.

SpearBrave
Monday, February 4th, 2019, 09:50 PM
And then you this:

Just because a woman dresses risky does not mean she is a "bad girl"

Finnish Swede
Monday, February 4th, 2019, 10:51 PM
What do you think about this kind of cross country skiing suit?

Jacket:
https://media.hintaseuranta.fi/prod/i18969288w800h465.jpg

Pant:
https://cdn-media.sportamore.se/uploads/products/7048652254948_001_050907c10a104a388315e7 b3a5375412_jpg_439x356_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

One step more to pure competition suit did't feel ''right'' anymore.
https://webshop.nonamesport.com/889-thickbox_default/naisten-kilpahiihtopuku-mustapinkki.jpg

Víðálfr
Monday, February 4th, 2019, 11:25 PM
And then you this:

Just because a woman dresses risky does not mean she is a "bad girl"

I know a girl who was dressing "like a slut" (according to some), and many people were gossiping about her being a whore and sleeping around... I got the chance to be close friends with her at some point, and she wasn't what she appeared like to others... Actually she was a virgin when people were saying that she was a whore... and lately she only slept with a guy she really loved (but who treated her badly unfortunately)...

So not everything is as it looks like... Better not to judge people by appearances...

There were other girls, at the same time, who were rather slutty, and they were dressing very normal... nothing eccentric about the way they were dressing... I know about at least two girls like that... And more recently I met a third girl, very similar in both behaviour (I know from certain source) and physical appearance, who wasn't dressing "risky" either... Only later she started to dress "risky", and only sometimes... So... definitely dressing in a way or another doesn't make you a "bad girl"...

Sigurdsson
Monday, February 4th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Modesty is definitely more attractive to me, than the alternative.

Þoreiðar
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 12:29 AM
This is my among my favorite type of women's clothing:

https://mosaic01.ztat.net/vgs/media/pdp-zoom/QS/12/1C/05/XP/11/QS121C05X-P11@13.jpg

https://www.katarinaochvanner.se/thumb/19585/1280x0/adriannapapell-klanning-blackivory1250-AP1D101891-3.jpg

https://assets.ellosgroup.com/i/ellos/b?$eg$&$em$&$ep$&$el$&n=ell_1067599-01_Ff_M0015338&mw=800

https://assets.ellosgroup.com/i/ellos/b?$eg$&$em$&$ep$&$el$&n=ell_1504471-01_Ff_M0017266&mw=800

Modest, elegant and lively. :thumbup

schwab
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 12:44 AM
Very CHIC........

Víðálfr
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 12:59 AM
What about these two? Do you think they are too revealing?

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 01:02 AM
Looks okay to me, Víðálfr.

As far as I'm concerned, what's the point of being young if you can't show off your main asset (beauty)?

Astragoth
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 01:54 AM
There is such a thing as dressing sexy and not dressing like a whore.

Þoreiðar
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 11:47 AM
As far as I'm concerned, what's the point of being young if you can't show off your main asset (beauty)?I think there's a difference between beauty and sex appeal. Modern society is obsessed with the latter, so the novelty of it has in a way died off. A more modest presentation signals a deeper self-worth, one that is not derived from one's sexual attractiveness. The true beauty of a woman lies in her facial characteristics, her expressions, mannerisms, way of speech and how she carries herself. There's no need to see her half naked to evaluate her attractiveness.

Finnish Swede
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 01:25 PM
What do you think about this kind of cross country skiing suit?

Jacket:
https://media.hintaseuranta.fi/prod/i18969288w800h465.jpg

Pants:
https://cdn-media.sportamore.se/uploads/products/7048652254948_001_050907c10a104a388315e7 b3a5375412_jpg_439x356_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

One step more to pure competition suit did't feel ''right'' anymore.
https://webshop.nonamesport.com/889-thickbox_default/naisten-kilpahiihtopuku-mustapinkki.jpg

So what people think about those jacket and pants I bought (2 first photos)?

As I was skiing I heard that two Finn men mentioned ''juoksuporo''. As I'm not perfect in Finnish I needed to ask the meaning of that word from one Finn. Of course I know what ''juoksu'' and ''poro'' means separately but putting those together => not sense. Luckily it was more positive than really nasty (I guess).

The next question to women and men here....where you think goes the line between compliments and unpleasant sexual expressions (then man talks to woman, or so that woman can hear it (like me above) .... and lets limit that to situations then they don't know each others at all or much)?

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Don't worry about it, FS.

A couple of blokes just thought you looked nice in that skiing gear.

Enjoy it while you can. In 20 years' time a comment like that will make your day! ;)

Finnish Swede
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 02:22 PM
Don't worry about it, FS.

A couple of blokes just thought you looked nice in that skiing gear.

Enjoy it while you can. In 20 years' time a comment like that will make your day! ;)

I know ... and they more like talked to each others than directly to me. I just shortly wondered did I go to purchase wrong kind of skiing gears.

Alice
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 02:44 PM

I think the pink looks really pretty, Finnish Swede! Smashing choice. :snowflake

GroeneWolf
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 04:16 PM

Know absolutely nothing about ski-clothing, so I can say nothing about them. And how they would look on a person, that would depend on the person ;) .

As I was skiing I heard that two Finn men mentioned ''juoksuporo''. As I'm not perfect in Finnish I needed to ask the meaning of that word from one Finn. Of course I know what ''juoksu'' and ''poro'' means separately but putting those together => not sense. Luckily it was more positive than really nasty (I guess).

Now I am curious. What does it mean?

Now for your second question such things are context and culture related, so what would be acceptable in one context would not be in an other and vice versa.

Alice
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 05:25 PM

The next question to women and men here....where you think goes the line between compliments and unpleasant sexual expressions (then man talks to woman, or so that woman can hear it (like me above) .... and lets limit that to situations then they don't know each others at all or much)?

Know absolutely nothing about ski-clothing, so I can say nothing about them. And how they would look on a person, that would depend on the person ;) .

Now I am curious. What does it mean?

Now for your second question such things are context and culture related, so what would be acceptable in one context would not be in an other and vice versa.

I am very curious about this, too. I tried to research a bit, and the only thing I couuld come up with is Saami (or Lappish?) reindeer racing competitions. Tolva=poron juoksu (it sounds quite archaic). I found the definition from the following book: Porotohtorin matkassa: Kotona ja maailmalla, osa 1 by Mauri Nieminen.

But really, I have no clue.

Finnish Swede
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 06:06 PM
I am very curious about this, too. I tried to research a bit, and the only thing I couuld come up with is Saami (or Lappish?) reindeer racing competitions. Tolva=poron juoksu (it sounds quite archaic). I found the definition from the following book: Porotohtorin matkassa: Kotona ja maailmalla, osa 1 by Mauri Nieminen.

But really, I have no clue.

It is metaphorical figurative expression. That's why I did't know it. Finnish is quite difficult.

Alice
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Finnish is quite difficult.

Oh, I know this (personally) very well and struggle with it daily. :~(

Volk und Rasse
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 08:34 PM
I always try to dress modest, so it's easier in the winter or autumn.

https://i.imgur.com/bPiWVIw.jpg

And I have been trying with some old fashioned skirts recently.

https://i.imgur.com/DmUmcg4.jpg

Astragoth
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Thats one thing I miss seeing. Skirts and dresses.