PDA

View Full Version : Tutu Begs Afrikaaners: “Don’t Withdraw From Society”

Dagna
Tuesday, February 10th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Tutu Begs Afrikaaners: “Don’t Withdraw From Society”

South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu, having worked to destroy the Afrikaaner-dominated Apartheid society, is now pleading with them to remain a part of the “new” South Africa.

“I beg you - don’t withdraw from society,” Tutu plead during a Sunday morning sermon at the Skuilkrans Dutch Reformed Church (DRC) in Pretoria. Addressing the ethnic cleansing of Afrikaaner names from South African society, Tutu read from Psalm 44 and said, “Even if we name our properties after ourselves they will disappear one day.”

The ususally jovial Tutu took a somber tone during the sermon, telling Afrikaaners “Don’t stand on the sidelines of all the political turbulence. This land is your land. It’s all of our land,” and to “Speak your mind about affirmative action [....] because you have the skills that are so badly needed in our country”.

Tutu also said the ANC should learn from the Afrikaaners because, “one should not become proud when you are ruling over someone and stop paying attention to what ordinary people want”.

“God has blessed us richly. There are so many wonderful people in our country. Among the Afrikaner population there are outstanding people. God has blessed us by giving you to us as our sisters and brothers. We can show the world something. This is what God told him to go and proclaim to his brothers and sisters,” Tutu said in closing.

http://www.therightperspective.org/?p=1447

Nachtengel
Saturday, February 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the apartheid fell, Afrikaners have been treated like shit, like 2nd class citizens. Racism against them is allowed because "they deserve it". So now if they prefer to withdraw from this sick society, they're begged to return? That's rich.

InvaderNat
Saturday, February 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
No doubt he wishes for an American style society of delusion were blacks can leech off the productivity and taxes of whites, whilst blaming them for all their problems. Tutu knows that if/when the Afrikaners leave SA it will start to resemble Zimbabwe.

Teuton
Saturday, February 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Basically, what he's saying is,
"We're going to destroy your history, blame all the world's problems on you, but we still want you to do all our work because we're a bunch of lazy monkeys who think the world owes us something."

Considering that he's an Archbishop, I find it hilarious that he doesn't know that hypocrisy is a sin.